• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Just checking through the Japanese PSTV compatibility list and it seems a load of games are compatible in Japan that aren't compatible in the west. Stuff like Dungeon Hunter Alliance; F1 2011; Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z etc.

Did not know that.

edit: Top of the page - go pre-order DanganRonpa and Ys!

Just checking through the Japanese PSTV compatibility list and it seems a load of games are compatible in Japan that aren't compatible in the west. Stuff like Dungeon Hunter Alliance; F1 2011; Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z etc.

Did not know that.

That's not how you spell Tokyo Tattoo Girls.
/s

oldmario

Did not know that.

i'm pretty sure F1 2011 is PSTV compatible atleast the EU version is, still mad Sony didn't really do shit for compatibility because i really wanted to play Lumines on a big screen and Ubisoft UK were kinda blanking on what to say when i asked them a while ago

i'm pretty sure F1 2011 is PSTV compatible atleast the EU version is, still mad Sony didn't really do shit for compatibility because i really wanted to play Lumines on a big screen and Ubisoft UK were kinda blanking on what to say when i asked them a while ago

Oh, is it really? I just checked a US compatibility list and presumed it wasn't in Europe. I'd be getting a European copy anyway.

DBZ annoys me though, not like the game wasn't designed for PS3 originally anyway.

Why release Itadaki Street on Vita if you won't even bother with a Unity NES ROM dump? Even if they're going to release it on Switch and/or 3DS, I still don't understand why they wouldn't spread it around. It wouldn't cost a tonne and it's not like those games have ever been on PSN before.

First thing I wondered when I saw the news. That said, nothing Square Enix has done on Vita makes sense really, so skipping DQ ports on Vita just continues that.

i-Jest

Why release Itadaki Street on Vita if you won't even bother with a Unity NES ROM dump? Even if they're going to release it on Switch and/or 3DS, I still don't understand why they wouldn't spread it around. It wouldn't cost a tonne and it's not like those games have ever been on PSN before.

Welp, I guess I'll just be content with what's coming, and likely to come. It would be great if they sent Saga Scarlet Grace our way though. Is Romancing Saga 2 still coming over for that matter?

Creating that SKU and removing English from the game just to launch it only in the Korean market isn't worth the effort. Not to mention the artbook is in Chinese/English.
I'm willing to bet not only that the game will be Englsh, but that CE will be available to the rest of Asia soon after.

The drama is only about the limited edition. The standard edition was confirmed months ago and will include english language aswell. You can also pre-order it at Play-Asia and other places.

This is such a joke!

So LRG has first dibs basically?

It sounds like from that Heavy Arm msg, the distributor or publisher won't say anything right now about an Asia release even going so far as saying "it 100% doesn't exist", even though they probably did in the past.

I'm glad I cancelled my Play-Asia order on this.

It wouldn't suprise me at this point if they'll break their silence/denying after the LRG sales are over. It's common practice to shift your focus from one release to another as soon the first one happened. And they'll never speak about the second before that. I mean Square Enix is doing that all the time with their games.

It's just a thought, though. The hole situation is still bizarre. And it sucks that we have to wait and see.

I was thinking about importing a blue vita from play asia, because you can't find the consoles in stores here anymore, and the thought of buying a used handheld makes my skin crawl. :p
Is there any place cheaper to import from?

I'm wondering about this as well. I have an older 1000 model that I would like to supplement with a 2000. Besides the whole swapped O and X (which I understand can't be changed ever), any other issues with using a non-US Vita?

Jimrpg

The drama is only about the limited edition. The standard edition was confirmed months ago and will include english language aswell. You can also pre-order it at Play-Asia and other places.

It wouldn't suprise me at this point if they'll break their silence/denying after the LRG sales are over. It's common practice to shift your focus from one release to another as soon the first one happened. And they'll never speak about the second before that. I mean Square Enix is doing that all the time with their games.

It's just a thought, though. The hole situation is still bizarre. And it sucks that we have to wait and see.

This is pretty much what is happening. They stand to make a lot more money off the LRG release than the regular Play-Asia release I'm guessing.

Kondo from Falcom interview:

It’s not fully decided whether we will stop development for the PlayStation 3 or not, and that goes for the Vita as well. However, most of our player-base has asked us to make games for the PlayStation 4. It’s also easier for the dev team to develop for a system with the highest specs, so this contributes to our decision as well. We also have many players in Asia, North America, and Europe and have expressed that they want games for the PlayStation 4. Of course, should their needs shift and we hear that many people want games for the PlayStation 3 or Vita, we will consider those platforms.

On the one hand, that's pretty much "beg if you still want games for Vita". On the flip side, him acknowledging it is more than I expected.

maouvin

Besides the whole swapped O and X (which I understand can't be changed ever), any other issues with using a non-US Vita?

Nope. Have a JP 2000 and that's it.

A few games get some commands swapped though - the only one I remember is Muramasa, which swaps the button to collect stuff from the ground from X to O (or the way back, I forgot). The shown prompt changes too (at least in Muramasa), so unless you started on your US Vita and then moved it to the JP one you won't even notice.

And I got mine from superufo.com, costed me around 180 USD. Website is horribly designed but they are legit. Don't even know if they still exist though.

If anyone is interested in reading my thoughts on this month's PS+ title Downwell, I just finished a review for my site:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/08/01/vita-downwell-review/
Downwell is seriously the one game I will never delete from my memory card. It's so good (and small!).
Once I was practiced enough to go through entire stages, only landing on enemies and building up combos to get gems and free HP, it was one of the most rewarding feelings I've had from games in a while.

Ephidel

Unlike base and 365 I've never actually heard of them, and it's pretty expensive there. It almost feels like Aksys are trying to make their EU releases tank.
I bought the EU releases of Period Cube and Tokyo Xanadu to support them sorting EU stuff out (well, and because I wanted them), not so they could go even more out of their way to screw things up. As much as I wanted to get the EU version of CxM too I'm not going to pay some random site £37 when it's actually cheaper to buy the US import from 365 :|

Got my shipping confirmation for Collar x Malice and a mail from the store. They are a bit more expensive, but legit. Also shipping to Germany is fast.

3eksVkI.jpg

oldmario

Surprise, surprise. The EU version of Collar x Malice is already in stock and for sale:
https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/collar-x-malice-eu-std-version-pegi

They seem to have a good connection to Aksys games. They sold TX while it was oos everywhere else.

Got my shipping confirmation for Collar x Malice and a mail from the store. They are a bit more expensive, but legit. Also shipping to Germany is fast.

3eksVkI.jpg

i guess it's pretty safe to say that in the future if there's radio silence from Aksys about EU releases and they appear on the PSN store that we can expect them with 1-3 weeks physically then?

DreamDere

Neo Member
What the hell ! I just went on my vita to download the plus games and noctice sony has remove the ratings on all the games.(NA psn) the support just keeps on dropping.

autoduelist

What the hell ! I just went on my vita to download the plus games and noctice sony has remove the ratings on all the games.(NA psn) the support just keeps on dropping.

while I haven't had a chance to boot up my vita, I doubt this is related in any way to 'support dropping'. Removing a feature from a store is still work, and there's no reason to do said work unless they had a reason. 'Dropping support' wouldn't be a valid reason, since if that was the case they just wouldn't take on the additional work and would leave the feature intact

That said, I don't really look at ratings on the vita so I don't even know if they were ever there, or are not there now. I don't remember the store being updated anytime recently though.

I wonder if Vita Internet communities all over will voice their desire for Trails of Cold Steel 3 on Vita? I still doubt Falcom would even make it happen though.

As Takao said in the reddit thread I posted about it, it's just lip service. Vita gamer communities turned out to make Ys VIII the best selling Ys VIII and bought more copies of Trails of Cold Steel/Cold Steel II/Tokyo Xanadu than their home console versions, but that wasn't enough.

Twin Robots is coming to Vita:

https://twitter.com/RatalaikaGames/status/892322756578201600

It's this, for anyone interested:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/374230/Twin_Robots/

I've noticed as Vita nears end of life, we seem to still be getting a lot of games coming to the console but they're announced very late in development. Like I remember it starting last year with stuff like Claire and Wanted Corp just appearing out of the blue, then games like this get announced when they're already in QA.

Atlus aren't done with Vita yet ;)

http://personacentral.com/persona-3...nounced-playstation-vita-spring-2018-release/

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night coming to Vita (and PS4) in 2018.

This is awesome. Even if Atlus won't bring the Vita versions to the west or just digital, let's face it, it's possible scenario in 2018, I can easily pickup the japanese version.

I already loved playing the japanese version of Persona 4 Dancing All Night,

This is awesome. Even if Atlus won't bring the Vita versions to the west or just digital, let's face it, it's possible scenario in 2018, I can easily pickup the japanese version.

I already loved playing the japanese version of Persona 4 Dancing All Night,

I mean, if there's a series with the brand power to get a physical release in 2018 in the west, it's Persona. I'm confident Atlus will pull through (and I'd prefer that just for the bits of story that are gonna be in there).

And with them releasing Utawarerumono physical this year, I'm confident it'll happen. Assuming that Caligula just had some weird legal issues around it, I don't think they've skipped physical on games that deserved it.

But if not there's always importing, indeed.

(Also, this announcement makes me confident in 13 Sentinels hitting Vita still)

oldmario

looking at the UK Vita charts and i noticed that Velocity 2X is in it, did this actually come out last week? everywhere i've looked has it on pre-order still and the charts only count physical games so it's nothing to do with the psn store

Shizuka

I mean, if there's a series with the brand power to get a physical release in 2018 in the west, it's Persona. I'm confident Atlus will pull through (and I'd prefer that just for the bits of story that are gonna be in there).

And with them releasing Utawarerumono physical this year, I'm confident it'll happen. Assuming that Caligula just had some weird legal issues around it, I don't think they've skipped physical on games that deserved it.

But if not there's always importing, indeed.

I just need Dungeon Travelers 2-2.

Ventara

Atlus aren't done with Vita yet ;)

http://personacentral.com/persona-3...nounced-playstation-vita-spring-2018-release/

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night coming to Vita (and PS4) in 2018.

lol, this almost sounds like a joke, but amazing news!

I really hope so. One of the games I'm really looking forward to (even though I don't know much about it). Would be crazy to have 4 Vanillaware games on the Vita. shame Grim Grimoire never got a remake, always kinda hoped it would.

looking at the UK Vita charts and i noticed that Velocity 2X is in it, did this actually come out last week? everywhere i've looked has it on pre-order still and the charts only count physical games so it's nothing to do with the psn store

Not that I'm aware of. None of my local game shops have it anyway.

I just need Dungeon Travelers 2-2.

That's in a very weird place being a Vita exclusive in 2017. Still, they came through for Caligula (and Utawarerumono eventually), so maybe...

It's actually worse for Atlus because they don't port all their games to Steam, so there's no reliable second source of revenue for them.

shame Grim Grimoire never got a remake, always kinda hoped it would.

Yeah, I was really hoping it would do :(

Too little, too late.

For what?

Didn't want to make a new thread and this seems as good a Vita OT as any, so:

Booted up my Vita in the first time in a while, and it gave me an error about the memory card being ejected, so I reset it.

Seems like all my digital games are missing, so turn it off, take the card out, back in, turn on.

Then one of my folders is there (have like 2 PS1 folders, 1 PSP, then 2 digital Vita), check Content Manager and all the games are there, the other folders just aren't showing up so I can't actually access them.

Turned off again, boot into safe mode or whatever and go rebuild database. All that did was take the games I could get to before out of their folder (so everything is just on the base menu). Everything else is still MIA.

Guess I'll just delete everything via Content Manager and redownload it all? :\

i guess it's pretty safe to say that in the future if there's radio silence from Aksys about EU releases and they appear on the PSN store that we can expect them with 1-3 weeks physically then?

Base, Shop4/365games and now Bazaar-Bazaar are you're best bets for the physical versions. One of them always had the EU-Version of the past games about one week after the US-Release with the others following soon.

They are even faster with selling the games than Aksys informing us about them. Which is ridiculous.

Top Bottom