• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Ephidel

Didn't want to make a new thread and this seems as good a Vita OT as any, so:

Booted up my Vita in the first time in a while, and it gave me an error about the memory card being ejected, so I reset it.

Seems like all my digital games are missing, so turn it off, take the card out, back in, turn on.

Then one of my folders is there (have like 2 PS1 folders, 1 PSP, then 2 digital Vita), check Content Manager and all the games are there, the other folders just aren't showing up so I can't actually access them.

Turned off again, boot into safe mode or whatever and go rebuild database. All that did was take the games I could get to before out of their folder (so everything is just on the base menu). Everything else is still MIA.

Guess I'll just delete everything via Content Manager and redownload it all? :\
How many games are we talking here?
There's a bubble limit, so what might have happened is that when it turfed all your games out of their folders you then ended up with too many to display. You might find that if you start putting things back in bubbles and then restart your vita the "missing" ones will reappear.

Rizzi

My vita arrived yesterday. I know Stranger of Sword City Revisited got a release on the NA PSN, but it's not on the Australian one. Is there any word about it? Swapping between regions is annoying with only one memory card. :/

Shizuka

My vita arrived yesterday. I know Stranger of Sword City Revisited got a release on the NA PSN, but it's not on the Australian one. Is there any word about it? Swapping between regions is annoying with only one memory card. :/

No EU release.

autoduelist

I just need Dungeon Travelers 2-2.

Seriously. At least we're definitely getting Demon Gaze 2.

Question about SoSC Revisited -- if i plat'd the first game [and loved it], is there enough differences to warrant a Revisited purchase? I don't generally care about revisions, etc. so I know this is a hard question to answer for someone else... I'm just trying to get a sense of whether it's minor touches or completely redesigned dungeons or something.

mollipen

Crazy to see both of the Persona dancing games also hit Vita, but it's awesome. There's no way Atlus doesn't bring them to the US, and I have no worries at this point about us getting physical. Persona is just too strong of a brand, and Atlus might see those games as their sign-off on Vita in the West, at least in terms of physical (but maybe overall depending on their upcoming slate).

Crazy to see both of the Persona dancing games also hit Vita, but it's awesome. There's no way Atlus doesn't bring them to the US, and I have no worries at this point about us getting physical. Persona is just too strong of a brand, and Atlus might see those games as their sign-off on Vita in the West, at least in terms of physical (but maybe overall depending on their upcoming slate).

I remember John Hardin saying he was building a Vita-physical-defence-force within Atlus (which I strongly suspect lead to Utawarerumono being physical), so with him gone I was worried that would stop.

With Persona, I think it's nigh-on impossible that they don't get physical - at least in NA, which is all I ask (since I can import).

edit: Oh btw, Beyond Human is back on Kickstarter

mollipen

I remember John Hardin saying he was building a Vita-physical-defence-force within Atlus (which I strongly suspect lead to Utawarerumono being physical), so with him gone I was worried that would stop.

Is this where I say I had considered applying for his job and would have obviously been even more focused on that than he was? :D

Is this where I say I had considered applying for his job and would have obviously been even more focused on that than he was? :D

Is this where I say you should have applied and I'm very disappointed you didn't? Man, how awesome it would be to have had someone like you in there fighting Vita's corner!

(Plus, you could secretly DM me to let me know what the hell happened with Caligula physical)

Reading Steiner put up a Twitter poll asking about Net High localization interest. Send in your votes, and retweet!

https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/892849229642821636

(For those who don't know who he is, most relevantly to this scenario he worked on the Valkyrie Drive localization for PQube.)

Would be all over that, but I feel like he's only saying that because he's just finished it; not because he has any route of making it happen. Hope I'm wrong on that.

Mary Skelter comes out on September 19/22.

Fully expected as they've been ramping up info for it recently. I'd assume we'll know the LE details around next week as well.

At some point though you would think that maybe one of these publishers would have taken a look at the release list and gone "huh, that is a lot crammed into one month, maybe we should hold off a little". Now the question is, are we actually getting Summon Night this month or is it going to get pushed to next month as well?

Jimrpg

Is this where I say you should have applied and I'm very disappointed you didn't? Man, how awesome it would be to have had someone like you in there fighting Vita's corner!

(Plus, you could secretly DM me to let me know what the hell happened with Caligula physical)

Would be all over that, but I feel like he's only saying that because he's just finished it; not because he has any route of making it happen. Hope I'm wrong on that.

Even if Mollipen got John's old position, she still would have had to come up with some stats on why they should keep Vita releases going or at least a plan on how to get those numbers up. Especially with everybody else exiting the Vita scene. I bet it would be a tough sell to execs right now.

Dear god, I hope we get DT2-2 in some way, even if there's nothing beyond that.

Honestly its so awesome those Persona dancing titles are coming in Spring 2018, a big tentpole title like that means other titles could still release around it. It would give games like Stardew Valley reason to finally finish the Vita version and release it.

mollipen

Even if Mollipen got John's old position, she still would have had to come up with some stats on why they should keep Vita releases going or at least a plan on how to get those numbers up. Especially with everybody else exiting the Vita scene. I bet it would be a tough sell to execs right now.

"Why did you get fired from your last job?"
"I convinced the company head to put our entire budget into Vita physical releases."
"What's a Vita?"
"Exactly."

Olengie

Gunna take a guess and say Persona 3/5 Dancing will be a August/September 2018 release for the West. Just shooting in the dark.

i-Jest

Sooo with the new Persona Dancing games announced for Vita, what are the chances Persona 5 Ruby, or whatever happening?

"Why did you get fired from your last job?"
"I convinced the company head to put our entire budget into Vita physical releases."
"What's a Vita?"
"Exactly."

Lol. I have faith in you to sell it :p

I wish we got an english version of Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence on the vita. I'm craving a portable strategy game right now.

I'm miffed with a number of games that skipped Vita in the west despite releasing on other platforms (Digimon/Nights of Azure etc.) but this one hurt the most. Probably because there's nothing else even remotely like it on handhelds. Romance of the Three Kingdoms also would have been nice.

Pretty weird that they all seem to be skipping Switch as well.

Jimrpg

I wish we got an english version of Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence on the vita. I'm craving a portable strategy game right now.

You and me! It's already localized and there's a Japanese vita version. I had to make do with a PS4 copy, but I think this would be pretty sweet on vita.

Theoretically we could get it on the GPD win on Steam I suppose.

For anyone interested, I recently interviewed Nitoris Media about their upcoming Vita game "Glass: A Boxing Story":

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....view-with-nitoris-media-glass-a-boxing-story/

They're a team of hobby developers who have committed to making a game for the handheld they love.

Their passion is great, I'm somewhat skeptical that they can deliver in the time frames quoted, but it'll be interested to see what happens with it in any case.

They're also thinking of moving on to a wrestling game once they're done with the boxing game.

Dear god, I hope we get DT2-2 in some way, even if there's nothing beyond that.

Honestly its so awesome those Persona dancing titles are coming in Spring 2018, a big tentpole title like that means other titles could still release around it. It would give games like Stardew Valley reason to finally finish the Vita version and release it.

I really hope we get it too, I'm still making my way through the other game. But this would still be a day one purchase for me. The only reason why I feel it's still possible is because Atlus is one of those guys that release games on older platforms.

I really hope we get it too, I'm still making my way through the other game. But this would still be a day one purchase for me. The only reason why I feel it's still possible is because Atlus is one of those guys that release games on older platforms.

I always thought XSEED were one of those guys that release games on older platforms, and look at them now... :(

That said, Atlus were the same (Gungnir and Growlanser) so there's always hope. They surprised me with Utawarerumono, so I guess it's possible.

Saphirax

CHAOSCHILD_LIMITEDEDITION_PRESTENER-v4-artbook2-smaller.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/chaoschild-gigalomaniac-edition-announced

Not a fan of the Rice Digital LEs. And they also always drop in price pretty hard. Not worth it imho.

However I love the smaller LEs just with an artbook and no additional junk. Some stores sell them for the price of a standard edition.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...saster-trackher-the-final-10?ref=project_link

I guess Duel Hand Disaster can be removed from the OP, game has resurfaced on Kickstarter (is failing btw) and seems PS4/PC/Switch only now. I asked the dev about it on Twitter, guess we'll see what response I get.

Also, watching all this footage of City Shrouded in Shadow is making me really disappointed we're no longer getting that one on Vita. Crows was a bit of a bummer but this one looks mad hype.

that's a shame we still have some pretty good titles coming to vita

Oof, never mind, I clearly didn't read the Kickstarter properly!

Is a PS VIta version still in the works?

I still have my devkits and if this Kickstarter is successful it will provide me the time I need to make that even more of a possibility. The main reason the Vita has been on hold is due to getting carried away with some graphically intensive things that are no longer optimized for the platform. I have a pretty good feeling I can figure it out, and if I can't this Kickstarter will help me pay someone who can :)

Saphirax

Switch good joke, Vita has more chances than it, ffs no Persona mainline title has been released outside a PS platform, it's not going to change, the PQ/DAN announcements pretty much confirmed that.

The first game received a PC port.

As for whether anything will change - that's up to Atlus. Same goes for SMT.

Top Bottom