• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Getting that sinking feeling

a_bomb_article1.jpg

Nesotenso

Well that's that. EJ saved JK.

The US needs more shots on goal. Possession means nothing if you don't do anything with it. Gomez had poor touches for a forward and Zusi had a terrible second half. Start Sacha and Gordon next match. Zusi off the bench.

devilhawk

Well that's that. EJ saved JK.

The US needs more shots on goal. Possession means nothing if you don't do anything with it. Gomez had poor touches for a forward and Zusi had a terrible second half. Start Sacha and Gordon next match. Zusi off the bench.

I bet he will start on his home pitch.

Nesotenso

I bet he will start on his home pitch.

Funny thing is that three MLS guys, Zusi, Gordon and Johnson bailed us out. Zusi had a great first half. Now with Jones out because of yellow card accumulation (and because he is an idiot ) he might get the start. Between him and Sacha to fight for the spot.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Highly likely now that we got 3 points.
Jamaica can tie both Guatemala you up on points and then it would go down to goal differential. Considering they should have an easy time with Antigua at home then I'm not so sure either of you should be this relaxed about it.

Guatemala beat Jamaica 2-1 tonight.

Win or draw gets us in the next round.
If we lose, Jamaica's got to win and make up a 3 goal differential to knock us out

Clydefrog

If we lose, Jamaica's got to win and make up a 3 goal differential to knock us out

you have to assume jamaica will win by more than we did against A&B. fuck you, guatemala. you're going down

xbhaskarx

I just finished watching the game... that did nothing to change my opinion of Klinsmann or Eddie Johnson or Klinsmann calling up Eddie Johnson.

You have to assume it'll be a pretty subdued affair. Both sides will go through with a draw, so both will be playing really conservatively. I'll predict a 0-0 draw, with howls from Jamaica about collusion.

Nesotenso

I just finished watching the game... that did nothing to change my opinion of Klinsmann or Eddie Johnson or Klinsmann calling up Eddie Johnson.

Putting Johnson on the left was a mistake. Dude is more effective in the air as JK himself said and playing as a center forward. For the next match I would put a MF on the left, Sacha or Zusi depending on who is more comfortable, and play Dempsey and Johnson as strikers.

Also the team should go for an aggressive win against Guatemala. Home support should be great and the team needs more positive results. Playing a tame 0-0 draw doesn't serve the team's interest.

daoster

I'm not too worried. We're slowly getting out shit together.

Are we? We let a team that has yet to score this round AT HOME...score against us. Antigua & Barbuda have only scored three goals this whole round, and 2 of those goals were against us.

That is not the definition of getting our shit together. If we're having this much trouble against the lower tier opponents, you have to worry about the Hex. I mean, I know CONCACAF has gotten better, and playing away at any of these countries is difficult, but we shouldn't be struggling like we are...

You have to assume it'll be a pretty subdued affair. Both sides will go through with a draw, so both will be playing really conservatively. I'll predict a 0-0 draw, with howls from Jamaica about collusion.

That is the worse thing they can possibly do.

cruets

Usmnt should go for the win and knock out Guatemala. I'd rather face Jamaica again in Kingston in the hex than go to Guatemala in the hex. Probably be a draw though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom