• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

- Cameron with another strong effort at RB for Stoke in their 2-1 win over ManU this morning.
- Howard & Guzan with starts, as well.
- Danny Williams with a start and a goal for Reading today.
- Onyewu started for Sheffield Wednesday against Barnsley where Shea also started. Gooch came off with a knee injury.
- Johannsson should start for AZ this afternoon when that game starts.
- Dempsey came on as a sub for Fulham. Good that he’s getting some PT, but it sounds like he and Fulham aren’t playing well at the moment.

Cameron solid as always. Dempsey was never going to be able to turn Fulham's season around by himself but as long as he's getting play time it's good. Poor gooch.

xbhaskarx

Altidore played well right up until he blew that chance late in the game...

- Onyewu started for Sheffield Wednesday against Barnsley where Shea also started. Gooch came off with a knee injury.

Sigh, time to reset the "It has been ___ days since Gooch's last workplace knee injury" sign.

From Sciaretta:

The #usmnt starting XI Rimando/ Parkhurst, Besler, Gonzalez, Evans/Mix, Beckerman/Davis, Donovan, Zusi/Wondo (via @ArnoldcommaJon )

toxk_02

Black Republican
Magee out with food poisoning, tough break for him.

edit; whoa

ed2 - waiting on bench, imagine Yedlin is there and will grab his 1st cap in the 2nd half.

daoster

hey, I'm at the game....or at least the parking lot of the freeway that is outside the the Damn stadium, you guys will probably see the game before me

Chris R

Just wanted to say fuck ESPN.

Missed the first 5 minutes and a Wondo goal cause of some shitty ass college basketball game. Fuck that!

At least it was close :| It would have sucked if the game wasn't even a contest but they wouldn't switch over. Basketball games NEVER finish on time, always take an extra 30+ minutes.

And wow at that finishing in the box, bottom of the group here we come!

Nesotenso

the passing out the back from the centerbacks needs to be better. Would like to see Evans subbed out. The team is clearly showing signs of not playing competitive games together. Could go either way this game.

Dartastic

the passing out the back from the centerbacks needs to be better. Would like to see Evans subbed out. The team is clearly showing signs of not playing competitive games together. Could go either way this game.
That pass a second ago was horribly botched, providing a perfect example of why you're right. :p

Oh shit. Harrington isn't even available as a substitution? :(

Would like to see Yedlin come in.

xbhaskarx

Finally getting the f'ing Brads out of there and playing Yedlin and Gil...

(I forgot to press post on this comment ten minutes ago)

Dartastic

I kinda feel bad for Wondo. His play has been fantastic, and yet there's still not much of a chance that he's going to Brazil. Sad.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I kinda feel bad for Wondo. His play has been fantastic, and yet there's still not much of a chance that he's going to Brazil. Sad.

I think he'd have a seat if we didn't grab Johannsson. After this performance I hope he gets to play the Ukraine game, just to see if he can rise to the occasion.

On another note, I am totally getting tickets to that Jersey game.

Nesotenso

Wondo did what he does best. Good positioning sense and being an excellent poacher. I just don't think he will get the nod over EJ, who I find more infuriating whenever he attempts a step-over. Both the Brads showed that they don't belong. Omar and Besler need to cut out making mistakes while passing from the back because the WC opponents are going to punish them for doing that. The passing as a whole was off today.

NoRéN

Wondo did what he does best. Good positioning sense and being an excellent poacher. I just don't think he will get the nod over EJ, who I find more infuriating whenever he attempts a step-over. Both the Brads showed that they don't belong. Omar and Besler need to cut out making mistakes while passing from the back because the WC opponents are going to punish them for doing that. The passing as a whole was off today.

Pretty much. Wondo is a good poacher but that's not what the team needs right now. Gonzalez and Besler were good until they tried to pass.

Now, if Donovan is going to be paired up front with someone, I don't see Dempsey fitting in the starting eleven anymore. I'm fine with that. Dempsey is too much of a sulk. Donovan is the type of player the team can depend on during high pressure situations(Slovenia and Algeria games for example).

daoster

I have nothing to say other than I was in the car more than the actual game today...at least I was able to see the second goal!

NoRéN

Traffic was just a nightmare, and I missed all of the first half........ugh

Well, at least the seats were good!

Fucking L.A. traffic. I'm lucky my dad used to own a dry cleaners nearby. The new owners know me so they let me park there and i just walk over to the home depot, i mean stub hub center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom