• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] - PSN Flash Sale is live, The Witcher 3 25, The Order 1886, Wolfenstein 9

Rymuth

Got -

• Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
with 10% off it all comes down to $28.43

Soo gooo~oood...

Nightfall

Hmm... Transformers Devastation or Darksiders 2?

What's better? I loved Darksiders 1 and started 2 on the 360 but never finished it.

ColdPizza

Banned
And to think, I was annoyed that I couldn't get the $14.99 physical copy deal for Wolfenstein: The New Order at Best Buy because it sold out...I'm totally okay with paying $9 for a digital copy of it on PSN.

Tizoc

Hmm... Transformers Devastation or Darksiders 2?

What's better? I loved Darksiders 1 and started 2 on the 360 but never finished it.

Darksiders 2 is rather needlessly long, runs at 30 FPS
TF: Devastation is short but has lots of replayability, also runs at 60 FPS

Each game has good stuff going for them though.

I'm deep into Metro Redux right now, and then I've got Last Light to come after that. Should I get Wolfenstein regardless or is it similar enough that I would get burnt out on survival horror fps games?

Yu Narukami

As a European resident, I never bought something from amazon.com. If I understand this correctly I need an account with a US address and then I buy amazon gift cards in order to buy PSN cards. And I can do this with an European credit card. Am I missing something?

hohoXD123

As a European resident, I never bought something from amazon.com. If I understand this correctly I need an account with a US address and then I buy amazon gift cards in order to buy PSN cards. And I can do this with an European credit card. Am I missing something?

Unless if you have one of those bank accounts which don't charge international payment fees, isn't it cheaper to buy from somewhere that does paypal? Like cdkeys or something. Or maybe the BST thread.

Jrmint

Amazon sells digital psn codes, you don't need to physically get them. I'm not sure if the digital codes are available in Europe though.

Y0j1mb0

I'm deep into Metro Redux right now, and then I've got Last Light to come after that. Should I get Wolfenstein regardless or is it similar enough that I would get burnt out on survival horror fps games?

Get Wolfenstein regardless. Aside them both being FPS, they are different in every way. Wolfenstein is amazing.

Stampy

Amazon sells digital psn codes, you don't need to physically get them. I'm not sure if the digital codes are available in Europe though.

If you are being dishonest about your location, or consider yourself citizen of the world, then yes they are.

Binabik15

How is Godzilla on PS4? Or Guilty Gear.

I want Witcher and Wolfenstein, but I have to buy money cards (filthy Euro here). With the 10% code (it still works, right?) that'd be 30,60$, so I need something else not to "waste" the 9,40 from getting 40 bucks in cards just for those two. Oris the Wolfenstein DLC a must have? I heard complaints about thhe stealth sections.

PS: Good thing that I bought The Order last saturday from Amazon.com for 20, huh. Argh.

If you are being dishonest about your location, or consider yourself citizen of the world, then yes they are.

Hey, I TOTALLY go to the University of Alaska!

Mathieran

Banned
I got a couple games last night including Transformers, which I played a bit this morning. Holy shit, it's amazing! Although I'm still early in the game, I am surprised by how much fun it is. Everyone get this game!

Lylo

I bought GTA V + Shark Card, Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood for around 44 USD on the Brazilian PSN. I'm pretty happy with the deal, now i need to free up some HDD space...

antitrop

I got a couple games last night including Transformers, which I played a bit this morning. Holy shit, it's amazing! Although I'm still early in the game, I am surprised by how much fun it is. Everyone get this game!
I knew it was pure Platinum goodness when I got to the Megatron boss fight really early on.

Dat music. Dat combat system.

Binabik15

Guys, check my math, please!

Wolfenstein plus expansion 15,6
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign 15
The Witcher 3 25

Together 55,40$ in the basket, the 10% off code turns this into 49,86$ and it will let me checkout while only having 50$ of funds in the wallet and NOT try to stop me from buying because the undiscounted price is higher than my funds. Correct?

EBreda

Honestly no. Driveclub is better in every conceivable way.

Nah, c'mon. It's a whole different genre. PCars has a proper career, much more varied tracks and disciplines, proper points system.

And on top of it all, it's a sim. So yeah, you should get it if you're into sims. It's a great game, really. For my taste, it's a billion times better than DC.

DSmalls84

Did the Dishonoured Remaster evet get patched? Heard it wasn't the most impressive remaster.

I don't think so. It's 30 fps and I don't think that is changing. From the limited time I spent with it, it was ok. Definitely not one of the best remasters, but not the worst either. Seemed to maintain 30 fps solidly and looks better than last gen.

Did the Dishonoured Remaster evet get patched? Heard it wasn't the most impressive remaster.

I don't think so. It's 30 fps and I don't think that is changing. From the limited time I spent with it, it was ok. Definitely not one of the best remasters, but not the worst either. Seemed to maintain 30 fps solidly and looks better than last gen.

It helps to acknowledge it as a port rather than a remaster.

Because it is positively not a remaster. It's just a PS4 port.

It is identical to the PS3 version at a resolution bump.

RexNovis

Banned
Nah, c'mon. It's a whole different genre. PCars has a proper career, much more varied tracks and disciplines, proper points system.

And on top of it all, it's a sim. So yeah, you should get it if you're into sims. It's a great game, really. For my taste, it's a billion times better than DC.

Meh to each their own. It really failed to impress me at all. But I can see how the sim elements could make a difference to you.

Stampy

Lol I'm not sure they will find a spot in that time.
I mean Knack, Killzone, inFamous, Assassin's Creed IV and more are guaranteed to be PS+ freebies since early 2014!

I'm not even sure that they are willing to put AAA's on PS+ anymore. I mean, if they wanted to it's not like they couldn't have included Knack or Killzone already...

Meh to each their own. It really failed to impress me at all. But I can see how the sim elements could make a difference to you.

I hated how difficult Driveclub was. At least in a sim, the difficulty is predictable and it gives you an opportunity to get good in a fun way. Driveclub never misses an opportunity to point out how much you just sucked at that turn. Sucks all the fun out of the game.

I'm not even sure that they are willing to put AAA's on PS+ anymore. I mean, if they wanted to it's not like they couldn't have included Knack or Killzone already...

PS+ usually doesn't include games with low metacritic scores. Knack wouldn't qualify. Killzone maybe.

LakeEarth

The Order will be a PSN+ freebie within the next 6 months guaranteed.

They've been saying that about Knack since it got released.

I got Wolfenstein TNO, which was a game I was always eyeing but never purchased. Picked up Contra (PS2) and Metal Slug X (PS1) from the Co-Op sale and saved a cool $1.50 from the 10% off coupon. Saved a coffee.

Top Bottom