• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Golden Week sale 5/2-5/8

Why did nobody tell me how good Ys Celceta was? I swear I remember people mostly saying it was bad. So glad I picked it up based on franchise recognition alone.

It's "bad" if you consider the Ys 6-Felghana-Origin trio to be perfection and uphold it solely to that standard to the point that you become a snob. The game's a lot of fun and the action feels great.

Ryker

In for:
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (glad someone brought this up cause I missed it on the list somehow)

Color me happy.

Proc

I decided to hook my PS3 slim up to my secondary tv in my basement.

I figured I'd grab some PS3 and ps1/vita games on the cheap:

Steinsgate
Suikoden 2
Catherine
Super street fighter 2
Super puzzle fighter 2
Soldner x 1&2
Raiden 4
Megaman 8
Capcom Arcade collection.

I'd love to try out the new Tales and DQB but I have P5 and Nier to hold me over on the rpg front. Now I also have suikoden 2 to play for the first time :)

partime

I need to purchase something for PS4 but where do I start?

From the selection, I LOVED playing:

Persona4 Golden - vita
Muramasa Rebirth - vita
Senran Kagura Estival Versus - vita
Nier: Automata
Valkyria Chronicles - PS3

What are some must-haves?

Why did nobody tell me how good Ys Celceta was? I swear I remember people mostly saying it was bad. So glad I picked it up based on franchise recognition alone.

The franchise is consistently good. There's a wealth of Ys games available as PSP downloads, too. I & II Chronicles, Felghana, and Ys Seven are all wonderful. I love having all of them on my Vita.

SephLuis

I need to purchase something for PS4 but where do I start?

From the selection, I LOVED playing:

Persona4 Golden - vita
Muramasa Rebirth - vita
Senran Kagura Estival Versus - vita
Nier: Automata
Valkyria Chronicles - PS3

What are some must-haves?

I don't think you will find something that will appeal to your tastes on the PS4. You might like some of my suggestions below, but I don't think you will love them. From what I can see you seem to like story driven games so my best recommendation for you would be Trails of Cold Steel on the Vita.

For PS4 there's:

Tales of Berseria (great story, great combat, not so great pacing)
Fairy Fencer F (truly a budget game, but there's some good moments to it's story)
Nights of Azure (good story, amazing OST, braindead difficulty)
Gravity Rush Remastered + 2 (tons of story and charm. Gameplay will get repetitive)
Atelier Sophie (really basic story. good alchemy systems and good battle systems)

Uggghh, I wish I could just tell someone to just spend my money for me on this sale, because I'm so indecisive right now lol.

Sure. Say what platforms you have and some games you like that are on sale.
The easy part will be spending the cash, playing the game will be the challenge.

Sure. Say what platforms you have and some games you like that are on sale.
The easy part will be spending the cash, playing the game will be the challenge.

Yeah, I don't expect to play everything I'd want right away, but the prices are pretty good on some of these. Plus with the summer coming up, I'll have more free time then usual, so who knows, I might actually get to play some.

I have about $70 in my account now, and this is what I'm torn between mainly.

• Gravity Rush 2 (but a bit discouraged because of some of the posts about this)
  • Tales of Berseria (I'm mostly hestitent to play this because I have loads of Tales games I haven't played still on PS3)
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
  • Atelier Sophie
  • Root Letter
  • Blazblue Central Fiction
  • Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
  • MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
  • Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls
  • Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel

I know some games are on Vita for cheaper, but if given the option, PS4 is always preferred for me. I don't actually own a regular Vita, I own a PSTV, so if I was to get a Vita version of something like Atelier Sophie, it'd be an inferior version to me.

SephLuis

Yeah, I don't expect to play everything I'd want right away, but the prices are pretty good on some of these. Plus with the summer coming up, I'll have more free time then usual, so who knows, I might actually get to play some.

I have about $70 in my account now, and this is what I'm torn between mainly.

• Gravity Rush 2 (but a bit discouraged because of some of the posts about this)
  • Tales of Berseria (I'm mostly hestitent to play this because I have loads of Tales games I haven't played still on PS3)
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
  • Atelier Sophie
  • Root Letter
  • Blazblue Central Fiction
  • Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
  • MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
  • Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls
  • Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel

I know some games are on Vita for cheaper, but if given the option, PS4 is always preferred for me. I don't actually own a regular Vita, I own a PSTV, so if I was to get a Vita version of something like Atelier Sophie, it'd be an inferior version to me.

Pick Trails as your story driven RPG. Blazblue as your fighting game choice.

Gravity Rush 2 isn't bad, but you must play little by little. It's a great game, but there are some boring parts and it's also a very long game. The same applies for Odin Sphere (from what I remember of the PS2 original) so I recommend you pick only one of those. GR2 if you prefer something like a platformer and OS if you prefer an action RPG.

Berseria leave it for later after you played some of your PS3 backlog.

Megatagdimension is cool if you have friends for online. Even then I would recommend Vs Sega Hard Girls (and even then I would recommend either Fairy Fencer F or Neptunia VII).

Atelier Sophie is a great game, but I think if you pick any of the above you will already have your plate full for quite sometime. If not, give the series a try with this or Escha & Logy.

Valkyrie Drive is a good action game, but SK Estival Versus is better and made by the same company. VD needs a new game to flesh out better it's mechanics. At least those should make a great break from RPGs.

The rest I didn't played.

Your list (from top to bottom) :

1. Trails of Cold Steel

2. Blazblue Central Fiction (or chronophantasma if you want cheaper. Plenty of SP content, but online should be dead)

3.Gravity Rush 2 or Odin Sphere(if you have time to play these little by little over a month)

4. Atelier Sophie (or Escha & Logy on Vita)

5. Neptunia games

6. Valkyrie Drive (or Senran Kagura Estival Versus, which is better)

Top Bottom