• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 4 (12/27/2016 - 01/02/2017)

I have a few problems with Three-Fourths Home, but that game got to me. Specifically, the epilogue got to me, especially when I got the Canon ending.

Fuuuuuuck, that was so good. Depressing, but so good. Best dollar and change I've spent in awhile. People should buy it if they like narrative-driven games and exploring their own feelings.

tootie923

I have a few problems with Three-Fourths Home, but that game got to me. Specifically, the epilogue got to me, especially when I got the Canon ending.

Fuuuuuuck, that was so good. Depressing, but so good. Best dollar and change I've spent in awhile. People should buy it if they like narrative-driven games and exploring their own feelings.

Thanks, I didn't even notice this game on the list. I think I read a review or preview on it last year on Polygon, then I completely forgot about it.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Inside or The Witness?

I hadn't even heard of Inside until just a few days ago, but it seems to be rather popular.

Inside or The Witness?

I hadn't even heard of Inside until just a few days ago, but it seems to be rather popular.
Inside is quick and thought provoking.
Witness is long and brilliant.
Get Inside if you want something enjoyable and fast to finish soon, and Witness if you want something to pick at for a couple weeks.

Otnopolit

Haven't played The Witcher 3 yet. Should I go ahead and pick it up?

As said above that's what I did, the value seems immense for the price and I love getting lost in this kind of setting. The combat system seems less than say a Souls game, but it looks like everything else is dialed to 11.

As said above that's what I did, the value seems immense for the price and I love getting lost in this kind of setting. The combat system seems less than say a Souls game, but it looks like everything else is dialed to 11.

Just purchased it when I saw your comment above. I've wanted to play it for awhile but the price got to me. This is a great deal.

autoduelist

Can someone sell me on Trackmania Turbo? I generally like arcade racers [almost all NFSs, Split/Second, Blur, etc] but am not the biggest fan of games like Trials where it's more about stunts than drifting/racing. Is TT up my alley?

Also... if I really enjoyed Talos Principle, is The Witness worth my money? I have a huge backlog and am not against waiting a year for The Witness to hit $10 or so like Talos did [I spent way more on Talos].

And for Grand Kingdom, vita.... I played the demo so know I like the game, but I didn't pay much attention to the online portion. Is it active? Is it still possible to plat it, etc?

Thanks!

robotrock

Banned
Can someone sell me on Trackmania Turbo? I generally like arcade racers [almost all NFSs, Split/Second, Blur, etc] but am not the biggest fan of games like Trials where it's more about stunts than drifting/racing. Is TT up my alley?

Trackmania isn't really a traditional arcade racer like the ones you've mentioned, nor is it a stunt focused kind of thing like Trials. The race tracks last around 30 seconds to 60 seconds, and your goal is to get your time down to as little as possible. So in that respect, it is like Trials, but with no physics stuff or stunt stuff.

Trackmania is great. you should check it out.

breakfuss

Buy Inside. Just finished and it jumped from being hardly on my radar to arguably my favorite game of the year.

I'll only say that if you didn't like Limbo this won't do much to change your mind.

Eusis

Buy Inside. Just finished and it jumped from being hardly on my radar to arguably my favorite game of the year.

I'll only say that if you didn't like Limbo this won't do much to change your mind.
I'm liking Inside way more so far, but I may have had unrealistic expectations for Limbo and knew gameplay-wise what I would be getting into here, and possibly the game's framing and style may be more appealing to me here.

Trying to buy Talos Principle and all of a sudden PSN says my credit card info is invalid despite buying The Warriors with the exact same payment information literally 3 hours ago. Anyone else have this or know how to fix it? Re-entering the card information didn't help.

Kilau

Gold Member
Trying to buy Talos Principle and all of a sudden PSN says my credit card info is invalid despite buying The Warriors with the exact same payment information literally 3 hours ago. Anyone else have this or know how to fix it? Re-entering the card information didn't help.

Crappy bug that sometimes happens. If you are using the web store try to buy it from the console instead.

Kilau

Gold Member
Webstore, console and app all failed. Glad to hear it is likely a bug rather than anything else. Hopefully I can get it to work before the sale ends!

Yeah, it's a long running issue with PSN. There are lots of pages about it if you search.

If Amazon is an option for you, you can buy instant PSN credit code and use that until Sony decides your card is worthy again.

Buy a digital card from amazon and enter it in the psn store

HotHamBoy

Disagree, it's a far better game than Limbo. I didn't much care for Limbo but Inside is fantastic. It does a lot of the same things but much better.

Also... if I really enjoyed Talos Principle, is The Witness worth my money? I have a huge backlog and am not against waiting a year for The Witness to hit $10 or so like Talos did [I spent way more on Talos].

And for Grand Kingdom, vita.... I played the demo so know I like the game, but I didn't pay much attention to the online portion. Is it active? Is it still possible to plat it, etc?

Thanks!

Try the demo!

You get a small selection of offline tracks and an hour of online play.

breakfuss

I'm liking Inside way more so far, but I may have had unrealistic expectations for Limbo and knew gameplay-wise what I would be getting into here, and possibly the game's framing and style may be more appealing to me here.

Disagree, it's a far better game than Limbo. I didn't much care for Limbo but Inside is fantastic. It does a lot of the same things but much better.

Try the demo!

You get a small selection of offline tracks and an hour of online play.

Yeah agree 100%. Didn't get on with Limbo but Inside was one of my faves this year.

Sure, I think it's leaps beyond Limbo as well but similar narrative and puzzle elements remain. I don't want to mislead anyone to expect to something radically different.

leehom

Is the telltale collection worth it if I only want it for the walking dead games? It says season two, but not complete season two?

Bowl0l

Is the telltale collection worth it if I only want it for the walking dead games? It says season two, but not complete season two?
TWD season 2 is a weak sequel to season 1. There is no extension to season 2, just a standalone Michonne 3 episodic game (from the comics).
You also get Tales of Borderlands, Wolf Among Us from the collection, which is quite good.

HotHamBoy

Sure, I think it's leaps beyond Limbo as well but similar narrative and puzzle elements remain. I don't want to mislead anyone to expect to something radically different.

It wasn't Limbo's core concepts that were flawed, just the execution. The pacing and flow of Inside is on a whole other level. The puzzles are more clearly telegraphed. The narrative draws you in immediately. The art is also something subjective to taste.

Got The Witness. Hopefully I can get through most of the puzzles without consulting guides. Fez I felt was a little too obscure sometimes in what you should do or how to solve something so I spent a lot of time just following a guide and after awhile it got 'paint by numbers'.

Beat Inside. Definitely worth the $10 sale price. Way better then Limbo.

I still had a few issues (sometimes puzzles for the sake of puzzles, repetitive acts within a puzzle that detracts from the flow and pacing, one area lingered on for too long) but overall, it's almost a fairly substantial improvement across the board from Limbo.

Definitely recommended.

It's the complete season 2, I bought the bundle a little over a year ago and it's in there. If you just want the Walking Dead games I think they are cheaper on the Steam sale right now, if PC is an option for you. Otherwise I think the bundle really gets its value from all of the games, not just the Walking Dead games. I've completed every game in the bundle and really enjoyed them all. Have you played Telltale games before?

Rymuth

Less than 24hrs left in this sale...

Ooooof, really feel like I should pull the trigger on Homefront. DF says the framers were fixed

HotHamBoy

Less than 24hrs left in this sale...

Ooooof, really feel like I should pull the trigger on Homefront. DF says the framers were fixed

Jim Sterling has the game in his Top 10 Shittiest Games Of The Year.

To give you some context: No Man's Sky is not on that list.

I don't think framerate was anywhere close to the worst thing about that game from what I have seen of it.

Eusis

Well. I think it may depend on whether you hated Limbo or merely found it ok. If you hated it I can see Inside being no better for you, but if you thought it was an alright game but nothing amazing perhaps this makes that extra push into greatness that Limbo lacked.

bender

What time is it?

I actually agree with him. I finished Inside over the weekend and I'm left with a lot of the same feelings I had for Limbo which I didn't like. The puzzles aren't challenging enough to be rewarding and on a personal level, I don't enjoy being in the worlds they create.

just bought $75 bucks worth of games and forgot to use the 15% off code they sent me :(

If you don't want your code, I'll take it off you hands. Could give you a copy of Dishonored Definitive Edition if you don't already have it.

Should I get Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6? I loved 5 back in the day and would love to play through that again but never played 4 and 6.

Rymuth

Jim Sterling has the game in his Top 10 Shittiest Games Of The Year.

To give you some context: No Man's Sky is not on that list.

I don't think framerate was anywhere close to the worst thing about that game from what I have seen of it.
Welp, okay, you've convinced me.

Speaking of NMS, surprised it didn't make it into any of the 4 weeks. I'm still holding out for a Pro/content patch but if it was reasonably priced, I would've definitely pulled the trigger.

Should I get Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6? I loved 5 back in the day and would love to play through that again but never played 4 and 6.
4 is a must since it never overstays its welcome.

6 has issues with its tone but its got the most content. It's a lot and I mean, A LOT of bang for your buck.

I'd recommend skipping 5 (I did, own every PS4 released RE except for 5....eeeeugh) if you just wanted it for co-op since 6 will scratch that itch

leehom

It's the complete season 2, I bought the bundle a little over a year ago and it's in there. If you just want the Walking Dead games I think they are cheaper on the Steam sale right now, if PC is an option for you. Otherwise I think the bundle really gets its value from all of the games, not just the Walking Dead games. I've completed every game in the bundle and really enjoyed them all. Have you played Telltale games before?

I have not, but I have watched streams of it and the games looks like a lot of fun! I went ahead and purchased the collection because I initially wanted to purchase just the walking dead games, but that would cost the same as this collection. Now I'll have three addition games for the price of two to hold me over for awhile.

Top Bottom