• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 review Thread

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
VC1 burned me on the series, because it was too damn hard. Is VC4 a tad easier or is it still balls to the wall hard?I really liked the combat and the overall flow of the game.

VC1 was 10 years ago. You're probably smarter and more capable now.

sublimit

Banned
Do you guys think that Valkyria's gameplay could work well with an online mode? I think it would have been fun if each player could choose his/her own team and did battle with another player. Of course everything should work as it does in the SP. I'm not a huge fan of MP games in general (the only exception being the Souls games) but i think that i'd love an online mode for VC.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Do you guys think that Valkyria's gameplay could work well with an online mode? I think it would have been fun if each player could choose his/her own team and did battle with another player. Of course everything should work as it does in the SP. I'm not a huge fan of MP games in general (the only exception being the Souls games) but i think that i'd love an online mode for VC.

Not only do I think an online mode could work, but I think an online Battle Royale mode could work. Every few turns the map gets smaller. Players must make their turn within 20 seconds.

I also think Valkyria Chronicles: Modern Warfare could work lol

sublimit

Banned
Not only do I think an online mode could work, but I think an online Battle Royale mode could work. Every few turns the map gets smaller. Players must make their turn within 20 seconds.

There should definitely be a time limit to make your decision but i'm not sure if' i'd like personally the Battle Royal concept of the map getting smaller especially if there are various camps across the map (meanining one player having more than one camp)

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

I'd still want a traditional your-turn-my-turn structure. Proper defense was hardly emphasized in the older VC games. All the missions focused on was pushing into enemy territory and taking their bases or killing all enemy units. At best, you had to "defend" your tank or something.

A multiplayer mode -- with all the same Command Point exploits as the normal game -- would be fantastic. It would give me a human opponent who actually takes cover and abuses the gameplay mechanics.

Even on harder difficulties, the AI can be pretty braindead. I'd say that's the franchise's biggest flaw. Harder difficulties are harder, but not because the enemies act in novel or surprising ways.

Top Bottom