• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni- |OT| Weaponized women powered by pleasure

Amazon just sent me an email with an update that the game will arrive this Tuesday. Hopefully can balance playing this with Paper Mario on Wii U & a few other games I've been trying to focus on from my backlog (i.e. Project Diva X on Vita).

Have we had any word on the DLC schedule for the US, especially considering EU already got some stuff?
Still no update on my order, it's still "Delivery date pending" 😥

Wonko_C

I dream of seeing one of these "yep, it's a Vita game" given out on PS Plus, preferably on PS4, just to see the reactions it would get. Who knows? Maybe it would even make it mainstream. (I wish)

I dream of seeing one of these "yep, it's a Vita game" given out on PS Plus, preferably on PS4, just to see the reactions it would get. Who knows? Maybe it would even make it mainstream. (I wish)

That happens like every other month in Japan

truly a wonderful place

muteki

Amazon has me down for release date delivery. Every time I get one of these I wonder "what, it wasn't before?"

Can't wait. It has actually been quite a while since my last action-y game on the vita.

Seems a patch was released that among other things, it fixed the translation issues picked up earlier. Anyone with an euro copy that can confirm this?

Considering we've had two otome games in a row, I get the feeling that the localisers are warming (back) up to the concept of PS Plus. At the very least, I would expect Neptunia Rebirth 1 to make an appearance at some point in the future.

Bit the bullet and preordered on Amazon since it doesn't look like the LE is gonna be back anytime soon and I'd rather have the game for 20% off than miss out on both the LE and have to pay full price.

Doesn't look like I'll be getting it on release though, Amazon said they'd notify me when they have a deliver date ):

They had Yoshi's Wooly World for $30 back in August and it STILL hasn't shipped. I hope I'm not waiting forever ... though my backlog is insane and I guess in the end it doesn't matter that much. *sigh*

cj_iwakura

It's not any more unreal than Senran Kagura
And from what we heard so far it's selling well

At this point it should be clear that there's an audience for games like this in the west

I'm aware there is, still blows my mind. Titles with less plot continue to struggle to get localized.

chrono01

I'm aware there is, still blows my mind. Titles with less plot continue to struggle to get localized.
Not to mention the relationship between the two main characters (who are blood-sisters). I thought for sure that if the game was ever localized (something I didn't think possible), that they would change the sisters to be "best friends" or something. Surprisingly, PQube kept it all intact.

Haven't been able to put much time into this yet, but so far I'm really impressed. The combat is just fun as hell, something about the crunchy impact of each hit feels more satisfying than Senran Kagura.

Game also looks fantastic, there's been some really nice looking environments early on. Frame rate doesn't completely fall apart like SK did either.

fnlFJ9K.jpg

8ZAQJZ9.jpg

bEMkd1t.jpg

CVycIeA.jpg

Shame about the sound quality though. I can't get the DLC that fixes it on my AU PSN account and making another account is too much trouble. It's not toooo bad - basically sounds like a typical compressed to death 3DS game, but yeah.

I'm glad to see the game surpassed your expectations. It really is a fine game that in my opinion, is very superior to the SK games so far. Pretty impressive given this is the second full Vita game by its developer and their first one was SK: Bon Appetit.

And yeah, the art direction for the game has some fantastic environments.

gbCQhqV.jpg

GZeqbDO.jpg

Hopefully a sequel will be developed for PS4 so they can expand and polish the stages.

By the way, there's a manga for the game that fills some gaps between the earlier missions of the game and helps to flesh out the characters. Its called Bhikkhunism and it should be easy to find on manga readers.

Or you can send me a PM for links.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
giphy.gif

Is it Tuesday yet?

Seriously, lol. I'm off this whole week so that makes the wait tomorrow even worse. I stopped playing the Japanese version when this got announced and even though I've played a big chunk of this game, I'm still pretty hyped for it-- it's really pretty awesome and runs so much better on the Vita than Estival Versus did.

muteki

Mine will get here Wednesday now. As expected Amazon can't hit a release date reliably.

Will get another free month of Prime, yay.

Git

Neo Member
Is there any problem with review copies? Here in Italy no one has reviewed Valkyrie Drive apart from some reviews based on japanese version...

UCBooties

Mine will get here Wednesday now. As expected Amazon can't hit a release date reliably.

Will get another free month of Prime, yay.

Yeah, this and Dragon Quest Builders are both arriving Thursday for me. Amazon just cannot get their shit together on my pre-orders.

Hope the Vita version is good.

mankoto

That is actually a good question.

PQube's PR manager tweeted he would be sending out review codes back in September 20th
When I asked about they said something happened on Sony's end. That said I was supposed to receive my (NA, if that matters) code last week according to what they told me.

My game just came in from Rice today, but even then, I really hope this doesn't happen with Root Letter or Steins;Gate 0.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Amazon says my copy will arrive tomorrow, but still says "shipping soon". Wonder if it's gonna arrive Wednesday at this rate.

Also, since I did it for Senran Kagura SV & EV, guess I'll take up the role of "DLC poster" again, linking to each item that's made available on PSN (in the US). Least I only gotta list one system this time around, unlike EV.

Lyte Edge

Amazon says my copy will arrive tomorrow, but still says "shipping soon". Wonder if it's gonna arrive Wednesday at this rate.

Mine too. That's normal for Amazon, though- I've had stuff ship at 4:00 AM or later that day and arrive on time. It's annoying since they'll go with someone like Lasership, who won't deliver to me until like 8:00 PM at night. Sucks when you're really waiting for something.

Chesskid1

Banned
hoping bon apetit isn't too big, i guess i have to redownload it

preordered and looking forward to this game! amazon here as well!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
hoping bon apetit isn't too big, i guess i have to redownload it
The base game = 2.4GB
Expansion adding the other two schools/10 more characters = 745MB

So about 3.1GB if you want the "full" game instead of just half.

How much were the DLC characters in Japan? Might get them if they're unique enough/have their own story or cutscenes.

How much were the DLC characters in Japan? Might get them if they're unique enough/have their own story or cutscenes.

650 yen and they don't have their own story but their gameplay has certain details exclusive to them.

See, the Extar/Liberator mechanic was tweaked with them so they would remain faithful to the anime's rules. Thus, Mirei and Mamori can't switch roles nor pick different partners (effectively making them a single character). But while all the other girls have four different upgrade levels, Mirei always begins the stages already on the first drive. Again, to remain faithful to the anime since Mirei's default weapon is Mamori.

This serves to balance Mirei, she begins the stage with a notable advantage but she can't change her stat bonus like the other girls do.

There's a lot of care put on Mirei, her animations are also filled with references to the anime, with many poses and attacks being lifted straight from the anime or from promotional materials and her music theme (in my opinion the best song in the game) being a pretty awesome arrangement of the anime's OP.

Pezking

Huh...so I've preordered and already paid the Liberator's Edition (us) on October 1st from Ricedigital, but the order status hasn't changed at all since then.

It still says just "processed" ever since my credit card payment went through.

Anybody else here in the same boat as me?

Huh...so I've preordered and already paid the Liberator's Edition (us) on October 1st from Ricedigital, but the order status hasn't changed at all since then.

It still says just "processed" ever since my credit card payment went through.

Anybody else here in the same boat as me?

Me and everyone else who ordered during the second restocking of the LE. Given it was a new batch it will take longer to be shipped.

Welp Amazon updated status to shipping now so I expect it'll be in my hands when I get off work Thursday. (chose 2 day shipping)

Lyte Edge

Mine still says arriving today by 8pm, but has yet to ship and just says "No tracking details. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon."

Still possible, but I won't be surprised if this magically changes to tomorrow.

JC Lately

I forget: when does the PSN store update? Would like to get some game time in before having to head into work this afternoon.

muteki

In a twist it looks like I might get this delivered today.

What would I be missing out on DLC wise if I played this on my JP account?

Nvm, should read OP. Sucks about the sound thing, patch would have been better.

Top Bottom