• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve CES Conference January 6. 8pm EST/5pm PST [Ended in 7 minutes]

HariKari

We've heard there are going to be a dozen Steam Boxes at this event, and there are precisely twelve lumps on these cabinets, so that information is looking pretty accurate right now.

This is Adi on text and Chris Welch on photos, and we're here to liveblog Valve's unconventional press conference: no chairs, lots of bass, and some mysterious boxes under black cloth.

Looks like a hardware reveal, nothing more.

Yeah, Steam is down for me too.

From Verge live feed -

"We've heard there are going to be a dozen Steam Boxes at this event, and there are precisely twelve lumps on these cabinets, so that information is looking pretty accurate right now."

Kadin

i hear it's just a smutworld up there on the second floor

Ha ha! I haven't been to CES in probably 10 years now and when I went last time, I believe they were at the Sahara. And it was... different. Not like back in the 90's. Then it was fun and exciting, last time it was just really dark and a bit of a turn off.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Maybe a little showing off of Steam OS and the controller along with the box reveals.

Gabe will be scrolling through a list of games on one of the boxes and audible gasps will be heard, thousands of pictures taken in that instant. Thousands of twitter handles will explode with posts simultaneously, GAF will go down in fucking flames while our new moderators piss on the ashes of the server tower. The skies will light up with pure goddamn electricity, visible from space. It's point of origin? Las Vegas, Nevada.

The Sirens will weep, for January 6th, 2014 was the day our eyes set upon Ricochet 2.

4644.jpg

Calling it right now. Nothing will be unveiled that we don't already know about.

4:48:11 PM PST

We've heard there are going to be a dozen Steam Boxes at this event, and there are precisely twelve lumps on these cabinets, so that information is looking pretty accurate right now.
4:46:50 PM PST

This is Adi on text and Chris Welch on photos, and we're here to liveblog Valve's unconventional press conference: no chairs, lots of bass, and some mysterious boxes under black cloth.

Lunzio

Even if it had no sound, I'd watch the livestream just to see the boxes. Pictures will surely suffice. There's something to taking sheets off of surprises though - maybe I'm not hard to excite.

sekrit

Banned
It's the steam machines team. They have said that they will tell more about the machines here. I don't get why some people are expecting something more or some game announcements.

If it's just the Steam Machine then I guess I won't watch (or read in this case). Hopefully they reveal something cool about the Steam Machine though.

Baleoce

13 steam machines. "Each one represents a different take for the right solution for their customers in the living room."

Top Bottom