• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Mafia |OT| A Game of Masquerade

Dr. Worm

Banned

El Topo

"Look at me! I'm telling you, I'm Gorgeous Gary Golden, you braindead, insipid..."
A shot was fired. Christina Mackenzie was no more.
"Come on, he's guilty. Do you guys really think we would not recognize the Nosferatu primogen?" the culprit said.
The kindred gathered around the ugly corpse.
"You know...“ one of them said, „...he kinda does look like Gary."
"I mean, he's clearly Nosferatu, just look at that face." one chimed in.
"And why would someone lie about that anyway?" another replied.
"Wait, does that mean..." someone in the back began.

Christina Mackenzie has met the final death.

El Topo said:
“By the clack-smack cracking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.”

You are Gary Golden. As the head of the Nosferatu of Los Angeles, you are a firm pillar of the Camarilla, caring for those of your clan.
You are aligned with Town and you win, when all members of the conspiracy (i.e. Mafia) are eliminated.

You were famous in the 30s and 40s, the star of successful movies like ‘The Rising Tide’ and 1943’s ‘Hamlet’. In 1960 you were embraced and forever left the world of stardom, officially pronounced dead in 1965. Bitter about your looks, you have coped with your new situation as good as possible with cynicism and sarcasm, always a snarky comment on your tongue. Since then you have risen to the prestigious rank of primogen, the head of the Nosferatu in Los Angeles. You are a calculating and careful fellow, as is common for many Nosferatu, always trying to get as much out of a deal as possible, but even more so intent on keeping your clan safe.

A vampire with decades of experience, you have mastered the use of the discipline Obfuscate. Twice in this game you may PM the game runner the command OBFUSCATE, which renders you invisible. As a consequence, you cannot be targeted during that night.

The game thread can be found here.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Please confirm that you received this PM and your participation via PM.

As we have less players around, we now move to two days for the game night and three days for the game day.

Night ends:
bla_1481148000.png

El Topo

Swamped. Dead. Killed in The Last Round.
The kindred community had received the message shortly after an Anarch had discovered the body during the night.
Given the required cleanup, Swamped's death had been quite messy, a new meeting place had to be found. Ultimately, not picky given the circumstances, the vampires had decided to meet at a small club in Santa Monica. Closed during the day, it would serve well enough until a more appropriate location was prepared.
Still under shock the kindred finally gathered in the early morning.
Someone would have to pay for Swamped's death, but ...would it be the culprit?

Swamped has met the final death.

El Topo said:
“Of course I hit him with the car. He might have been the Buddha. Is he still moving? Ah. Then I’ll put in reverse.”

You are an Ordinary Malkavian. A Malkavian Zen practitioner, you have no interest in conspiring against your fellow kindred, but instead try to find a way to enlightenment.
You are aligned with Town and you win, when all members of the conspiracy (i.e. Mafia) are eliminated (i.e. dead, perished, pushing up daisies, done for, deceased, lifeless, liquidated, finished).

<Backstory for the player, removed to make this post easier to read>

While you are, as all vampires, a natural predator, you are of little threat to others, even with your limited martial arts skills. Therefore you do not have any power, other than your vote.

The game thread can be found here.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Please confirm that you received this PM and your participation via PM.

Day 4 begins!
Majority is 8.
Voting tool can be found here.

blu_1481407200.png

El Topo

It will take a few more minutes to get the PMs out. Please wait.

Edit:
All PMs should be out. If anything is missing, please tell me. Either way, you can now post again.

Fat4all

Banned
Well.

I'm assuming this means either there's a poison doctor, or Blarg was never poisoned. Also, sorry I missed the vote yesterday. I had intended to vote CM but by the time I remembered it was already past 5.

batsnacks

okay in a world where blarg was poisoned, town, and had a redirection power the correct thing to do would be to claim everything because there is a chance that he could have redirected investigative roles and town would need to know that before he died.

He was really trying to get me and Swamped to comment about the supposed redirecting powers yesterday, kept saying that he KNEW that we had powers and got frustrated that we were ignoring him. Now that we know he's lying this looks like he was fishing for role info. He actually got Swamped to bite and she commented that she didn't have any powers that could be redirected.

Zubz

Banned
... Of course he made it up. If this wasn't Blarg, I'd be doing this with 100% certainty, but there's a chance he's trying to outstupid his Mafia claim as the Seer in the Star Wars game.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Assuming Blarg's just Blarging again, which one(s) of your Superman-tier powerset did you use last night?

Zubz

Banned
... Actually, scratch that hammering. I doubt we'll get anything out of this but I'm kind of curious to see if this really is a poorly executed "Gotcha." Probably not, but we have 2.75 days to go.

Unvite: Blargonaut, who is now officially part of my phone's autocorrect.

batsnacks

infinit777 hasn't contributed in any meaningful way to any lynches so far. Day 2 was between two towns, day 3 was pretty much just CM, we need to start looking at complacent people like infinit777 who aren't weighing in on the lynches before we get closer to lylo. Assuming a mafia team of 5 that's in 3 mislynches. As lylo gets closer there's going to be less room to deal with people who aren't taking stances.

Vote: infinit777

Zubz

Banned
I like batsnacks' idea of going after the quiet ones; going after suspicious-but-active players just led to us killing a bunch of Vanilla players and feeding Blarg. Speaking of whom...

I can't BELIEVE I've done this

There must be a reason, Blargonaut

Because you're on the evil team and trying to waste everyone's time? Literally every post you made has been a lie or an overly-elaborate story with nothing to go off of.

infinit777 hasn't contributed in any meaningful way to any lynches so far. Day 2 was between two towns, day 3 was pretty much just CM, we need to start looking at complacent people like infinit777 who aren't weighing in on the lynches before we get closer to lylo. Assuming a mafia team of 5 that's in 3 mislynches. As lylo gets closer there's going to be less room to deal with people who aren't taking stances.

Wait, so i am scum for not voting to lynching a townie ever?

Personally I believe the scum were part of the CM lynching. I believe there was enough of a bandwagon that they could have gone unseen. Also, I swear to god I called the Blarg situation out and he responded in #934 by just laughing.

Also worth noting, I have been weighing in on lynches. I just haven't been weighing in on the ones that I don't believe in. I refuse to bandwagon on someone that i don't believe to be scum.

Vote: Blargonaut

Reasoning: everything that just went down, i even called him out on it before yet it still happened. He didn't even take the time to come up with a good excuse.

Other people i am weary of: Mazre, Zubz.

Guys we really cant waste this on a town again... if so we lose voting power. Hell we already lost voting power. now if people follow the bandwagon they are most likely following scums lead.

That being said, if anyone has a reason for me not to vote blarg I will listen. I don't want to make a mistake.

Oh I didn't see your post.

Yea,
I am trying to find a red flag somewhere but i am having trouble. I have my hunches but i don't know for sure.

I am not trying to sway your vote btw, if you want to vote for me then go for it... I don't want to die, but its not going to do me any good to fight it either.

batsnacks

why mazre/zubz (just so it's on record)?and zubz was gaining some steam towards the end of the last phase were you suspicious of zubz at that time?

Vote: Satanic Saint

Who's mafia Satanic Saint? Use your ace investigator powers.

why mazre/zubz (just so it's on record)?and zubz was gaining some steam towards the end of the last phase were you suspicious of zubz at that time?

Vote: Satanic Saint

Who's mafia Satanic Saint? Use your ace investigator powers.

Good luck, Satanic Saint has only been part of the convo 9 times.

As far as Mazre goes, I couldn't remember the reason for sure so i had to look it up. It was actually from a post where they were backing you. So if you aren't mafia, then any pull that one had is gone. basically it was the gorlak last minute vote shenanigans.

Its up to you to decide though. Honestly I am pulling on straws.

Hobohodo

So last day phase I posted about the only reason I could see for Blarg to lie was if he had some action that he needed/wanted to perform on Night 3 that made this whole gambit worthwhile. It would appear he hasn't fulfilled any potential neutral win conditions so now I want answers.

Vote: Blargonaut

What was the point of the gambit Blarg? Did you achieve what you wanted?

So you think trigger and mazre are mafia and mazre voted to save trigger or...?

I mean its possible, but trigger at one point was vouching for AbsoluteBro (#263) who turned out to be town. Its possible they were purposefully defending them so that we could look back and not suspect trigger.

I would say however, that it is possible that Mazre felt that Gorlak was going to be a problem and wanted to get them out.

Discussion has pretty much ground to a halt. It looks like it's time for a mass claim. Obviously no one expects you to reveal your role, but there are plenty in game events to discuss, and a lot of players sitting on the sidelines not giving opinions.

i. Blarg

Blarg spend D1/D2 pretending to be an author but once it was clear his career was washed up on D3 he switched gears.

Blarg claimed that there was a poisoner in the game and that he would die at the end of D3, but that turned out to be bullshit.

He also claimed to have a switching power so powerful, that he knew for a fact that his targets had power roles. But that turned out to be bullshit as well.

On top of his switching power he also claims to wield a role blocking abilty.

My question here is: Why hasn't he been turboed yet?

ii. Night Kills

It's typical for scum to go after quiet players in the early stages but in this game, they consistently targeted loud controversial players. Why do think they chose the targets they did? What's their attack pattern?

iii. Trigger/Batsnacks/Mazre

Batsnacks and Mazre shifted their D1 votes from Trigger to Golark(town) at the last second.

Since then, Batsnacks has continued to tunnel on far-fetched leads. Mazre has been mostly silent but opportunistic in his votes. Trigger has tried to contribute, but kept mostly out of the lime light.

Is this a scum trio? Is this a duo using one of Batsnacks/Mazre for cover?

iv. Satanic Saint

The ace investigator has been MIA since his claim way back on D1. Does anyone actually believe he has a investigative role?

And as a follow up. Why are you allowing him to walk around unpunished after lying about having an investigative role?

v. Zubz

Is he scum? yes/no?

A lot of people seem to think so, but conveniently not enough to get him lynched.

vi. Ynnek7/Timeaisis/St.Meph

Yes they are playing. Though they all seem to be missing for large portions of the day. What do you think of our lowest activity posters? Why do you think none have been targeted by scum?

vii. Hobohodo

Is Hobohodo scum? If so, who is he working with? If not, why not?

viii. infinit777

What's your opinion on infinit777?

ix. Dusk Soldier

Is Dusk on your scum list? Swamped seemed to think he was scummy, but died shortly after voicing that opinion. Why doesn't he ever explain his votes? Why did he admit to poisoning Blarg, when there clearly isn't even a poisoner in this game?

x. Fat4all

clearly scum. But you can pretend that this blurb is a question asking for your opinion on him.

xi. Dr. Worm

Dr. Worm has been fairly analytical and reasonable throughout this game albeit a bit cautious at times. My question is, Why is a player this upstanding still in the game? Surely it would have made more sense to take out D.W. than Swamped or Squidyj?

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'll tackle other parts of your post a little later, but about "why hasn't mafia killed this guy yet:"

The only people who could give you the definitive answer to that won't tell you, because giving a definitive answer would give them away. My best guess is that it's more about who was killed than who wasn't, given the scope of the game up to this point (assuming a four-man mafia, there's ten townies/third parties left currently). The only threads we have linking the last two victims, squidyj and Swamped, are activity and a link to Christina Mackenzie.

Maybe the mafia is trying to stoke that feud further, expecting a Zubz lynch today? If that's what they're doing, than it would mean we ought to direct our attentions elsewhere today. But deducing mafia motives at this point is tricky; as infinit777 mentioned earlier, with the proportion of mafia increasing within the game, the odds that we're being intentionally misled increase consistently. The targeting of more active players only contributes to that.

Hobohodo

Hey Dusk, It's pretty late here now so I'm only going to respond to the questions that I don't feel I need to trawl through the thread and reread to give a sufficient answer for. I will attempt to answer those questions tomorrow when I get a chance however.

1.) Blarg - I'm feeling that Blarg hasn't been turboed yet partly due to the activity level dropping but also due to players not wanting to end the day to quickly with little to no discussion. That said I'm hoping the fact that Blarg is edging close to a majority will make him at least partially explain his actions,

2.) Night Kills - I can't recall right now but have we looked back at what leads the players who were Night Killed were following/suggesting. It's a real obvious reason for scum to go for them but maybe it's to obvious. Going for the loud players is also going to slowly stifle discussion, sometching that only benefits scum.

4.) There isn't really enough evidence to say either way I feel. I think it's Satanic Saints first game? If that was a genuine slip up day 1 (be it a way to obvious bread crumb or not realising how secret it needed to be kept) town gain little by pressing him to confess. Even though I was voting him day 1 I've been letting him walk free as he hasn't been involved in the game that much.

5.) I'm weary of Zubz, to many small slip ups have been coming from him in my mind but he has had explanations for them which we can't really verify. Yesterday my vote for Zubz was half suspicion of Zubz and half preferring to vote out him over CM.

6.) Nothing, and that's a problem. When I have time I will look again.

9.) No, I'm leaning neutral or town on you. As I said above with the Night Kills, going for someone who called you out the day before seems do obvious for me. Lastly I need to go back and look but you admitted to poisoning Blarg? When?

10. He posts a lot but I have a feeling if I checked the who posted stuff a lot of those are gonna be fluff. I feel he is keeping a close eye on this thread but honestly il have to go back and take a look at how often he gets involved in discussion and how often he just posts for the sake of it.

The questions I have missed will have to wait for another time, far to tired to look now.

Ynnek7

First thing I'm curious about is how much of Blarg's story is a lie. We can't really tell if any of his blocking/switching stuff is true (without anyone admitting to having a power role), so to me it feels like he was simply trying to get those he claimed to have used his power on to admit to having a power. Pretty much just role fishing.

In regards to the poison stuff there have now been three night phases. Nobody claimed to have been poisoned on day 2, and so far no one has come forth today.

I may just be falling for his bluff, but I honestly felt that Blarg was telling the truth about being poisoned at the time. I don't think I've ever seen him drop a gimmick of his so quickly as he did when he realized his time in the game was short. If he actually has been poisoned (which again, seems to not be the case), maybe what ever notification he got wasn't clear on when it would kill him? If Blarg is scum, it could explain the blatant role fishing. "I know I'm going to die, so let me get as much info as I can from town."

I think the reason he hasn't been voted out yet, at least to me, is that this feels too easy. I'll probably put my vote on him, but we still have some time left to figure things out.

-----
I've honestly been confused by the night kills this game, too. With CM flipping town, Swamped would have been a pretty likely lynch candidate (if it weren't for Blarg's lies), so I'm surprised that scum chose to take her out. They're definitely going for those with the higher post counts. Fat4all and batsnacks, the fact that you two are still here is starting to look suspicious if we go by what scum seems to be doing.

-----
In regards to Satanic Saint, I would love to believe that you're really an investigator. Went back through your posts really quickly, and found this:
The only person I am sure who is town is Blarg. There is no real advantage in claiming being poisoned, it will maximum buy you one day. If he is still alive the next day, he will be lynched for sure.
You put in the explanation for your reasoning, which is why would someone claim to be poisoned, but is this you saying that you checked Blarg? I don't really believe that's the case, but wanted to point out a possible breadcrumb in case you get lynched at some point.

-----
I'm having trouble coming up with more to write at the moment. Right now, my top scum is Blarg, just due to how his gambits have been serving as more of a distraction than anything else. Since he'll most likely be lynched today, he's still managed to control most of the conversation, stopping us from really looking elsewhere. This could be them realizing Blarg would be lynched eventually by town, so they're using that inevitability to their advantage.

My next people to look at would be Fat4all and batsnacks. Like I said above, they seem to be the exceptions to the previous scum targets.

Top Bottom