• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Mafia |OT| A Game of Masquerade

batsnacks

First thing I'm curious about is how much of Blarg's story is a lie. We can't really tell if any of his blocking/switching stuff is true (without anyone admitting to having a power role), so to me it feels like he was simply trying to get those he claimed to have used his power on to admit to having a power. Pretty much just role fishing.

In regards to the poison stuff there have now been three night phases. Nobody claimed to have been poisoned on day 2, and so far no one has come forth today.

I may just be falling for his bluff, but I honestly felt that Blarg was telling the truth about being poisoned at the time. I don't think I've ever seen him drop a gimmick of his so quickly as he did when he realized his time in the game was short. If he actually has been poisoned (which again, seems to not be the case), maybe what ever notification he got wasn't clear on when it would kill him? If Blarg is scum, it could explain the blatant role fishing. "I know I'm going to die, so let me get as much info as I can from town."

I think the reason he hasn't been voted out yet, at least to me, is that this feels too easy. I'll probably put my vote on him, but we still have some time left to figure things out.

-----
I've honestly been confused by the night kills this game, too. With CM flipping town, Swamped would have been a pretty likely lynch candidate (if it weren't for Blarg's lies), so I'm surprised that scum chose to take her out. They're definitely going for those with the higher post counts. Fat4all and batsnacks, the fact that you two are still here is starting to look suspicious if we go by what scum seems to be doing.

-----
In regards to Satanic Saint, I would love to believe that you're really an investigator. Went back through your posts really quickly, and found this:

You put in the explanation for your reasoning, which is why would someone claim to be poisoned, but is this you saying that you checked Blarg? I don't really believe that's the case, but wanted to point out a possible breadcrumb in case you get lynched at some point.

-----
I'm having trouble coming up with more to write at the moment. Right now, my top scum is Blarg, just due to how his gambits have been serving as more of a distraction than anything else. Since he'll most likely be lynched today, he's still managed to control most of the conversation, stopping us from really looking elsewhere. This could be them realizing Blarg would be lynched eventually by town, so they're using that inevitability to their advantage.

My next people to look at would be Fat4all and batsnacks. Like I said above, they seem to be the exceptions to the previous scum targets.

you accuse blarg of role fishing, then you ask Satanic Saint if they're a cop in the same post

and your solution to mafia night killing some of the active players is to lynch the other active players lol

No one but mafia has any idea why the night kills are being picked. This is a closed setup, mafia could be choosing night kills for any number of reasons. So why, as town, would you be be trying to solve the game with information you literally can't know?

Zubz

Banned
crawl back into your hole, the elders are talking

Well, please talk soon. You described 2 different powers and poisoning yesterday. I'd be all for turboing, but I have a genuine investment in you actually giving information about your alleged powers.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (5)
Dusk Soldier .961
StMeph .962
Zubz .967 .969
Dr. Worm .974
infinit777 .978
Hobohodo .985

Satanic Saint (1)
batsnacks .983

infinit777 (0)
batsnacks .970 .983

No active vote for Day 4:
Blargonaut
Fat4all
Mazre
Satanic Saint
Timeaisis
Trigger
Ynnek7
Zubz (has previously voted)

Day 4 ends:
blu_1481407200.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Zubz

Banned
Just to be clear, since Blarg put "Switcher" and "Roleblock" out in the open, I want to hear how he used them.

Just to be clear, since Blarg put "Switcher" and "Roleblock" out in the open, I want to hear how he used them.

The more you talk about me, the more I get the feeling you're confused, Zubz

That's a dangerous place to be in for a supposed Town Leader.

When did I mention Switching? I said Redirecting, not Switching

go back

Ynnek7

you accuse blarg of role fishing, then you ask Satanic Saint if they're a cop in the same post

and your solution to mafia night killing some of the active players is to lynch the other active players lol

No one but mafia has any idea why the night kills are being picked. This is a closed setup, mafia could be choosing night kills for any number of reasons. So why, as town, would you be be trying to solve the game with information you literally can't know?

I'd hardly call me questioning Satanic Saint about his claim role fishing.

It's frustrating because anyone who seems to have any information we can use is giving us either radio silence or static.

I also don't think it's anti-town to be pointing out my reasoning/thoughts on the night kills. My solution to the mafia night killing our active players is to try and point out who might be mafia, and right now, that just happens to be the other active players. I highly doubt the entire scum team is hiding among the inactives.

Dr. Worm

Banned
iii. Trigger/Batsnacks/Mazre

Batsnacks and Mazre shifted their D1 votes from Trigger to Golark(town) at the last second.

Since then, Batsnacks has continued to tunnel on far-fetched leads. Mazre has been mostly silent but opportunistic in his votes. Trigger has tried to contribute, but kept mostly out of the lime light.

Is this a scum trio? Is this a duo using one of Batsnacks/Mazre for cover?

Trigger pretty much had the book closed on him during Day 2, once people started looking at MickD and Christina Mackenzie. I didn't think Trigger was mafia at the time, but this may be worth revisiting.

iv. Satanic Saint

The ace investigator has been MIA since his claim way back on D1. Does anyone actually believe he has a investigative role?

And as a follow up. Why are you allowing him to walk around unpunished after lying about having an investigative role?

I'm guessing most of us figured he was just messing around, though being a newbie isn't much of an excuse, since he's played Town of Salem (which, to my understanding, is extremely similar to mafia).

If he's not an investigative role, whoever is probably isn't taking him seriously. If he is, it's certainly, uh, reverse psychology?

That said, his post count here is pretty tiny, and he's not giving us a ton to work with.

v. Zubz

Is he scum? yes/no?

A lot of people seem to think so, but conveniently not enough to get him lynched.

Y'know, I'm not sure any more. Swamped and CM were going pretty hard on him, and they both turned up town. Maybe they were on to something?

I still townread him, but not as heavily as before.

vi. Ynnek7/Timeaisis/St.Meph

Yes they are playing. Though they all seem to be missing for large portions of the day. What do you think of our lowest activity posters?

Meh.

Ynnek7 does seem to be putting in more effort now, though.

vii. Hobohodo

Is Hobohodo scum? If so, who is he working with? If not, why not?

Completely skipped over him. His posts tend to be pretty solid, with some vague promises of looking back into people. Kinda like mine, I guess. I'll look into him more.

My eyes glazed over that D1 chart, but apparently people thought it was useful?

viii. infinit777

What's your opinion on infinit777?

I keep mentally mixing him up with Ynnek7 because they both have "7s" at the ends of their names.

ix. Dusk Soldier

Is Dusk on your scum list? Swamped seemed to think he was scummy, but died shortly after voicing that opinion. Why doesn't he ever explain his votes? Why did he admit to poisoning Blarg, when there clearly isn't even a poisoner in this game?

The scummiest scum that ever scammed.

x. Fat4all

clearly scum. But you can pretend that this blurb is a question asking for your opinion on him.[/QUOTE]

Oh.

He seems to have been less active recently, that's for sure. There's some equivocation in his posts, and he seems to be more following up on other people than taking an active part in scumhunting. I dunno if that's an indictment of him or what, though. His vote on D2 almost causing a tie was noted, and Ynnek7 suggested that he may be a 3rd party, though I couldn't even begin to guess whether that's valid.

I may just be falling for his bluff, but I honestly felt that Blarg was telling the truth about being poisoned at the time. I don't think I've ever seen him drop a gimmick of his so quickly as he did when he realized his time in the game was short. If he actually has been poisoned (which again, seems to not be the case), maybe what ever notification he got wasn't clear on when it would kill him? If Blarg is scum, it could explain the blatant role fishing. "I know I'm going to die, so let me get as much info as I can from town."

Ehh, Blarg seemed very confident in the potency of the so-called poison. If he supposedly wasn't sure, there's no reason he couldn't have supposedly asked El Topo about the supposed mechanics of the supposed poison.

I was Poisoned last Night, will die at the end of Today

oh, also

considering that this is apparently quite the fast-acting Poison, I'd surmise that it'd be safe to assume that there's no Poison Doctor amongst us

unless you're of the spectacular Daylight variety, though

In which case, I have quite the spine-sore backache I'd love to have get looked at. Massaged, even. Soothed?

soon-ish

That'd be nice to wake up to

soon-ish

What would even be the point of a poison mechanic if anyone who's poisoned can just publicly claim and be healed, anyway?

ohohoho, cute

I just gave Mafia-batsnacks the perfect excuse to finally stop keeping his distance from me like he's being doing since the Day started

convenient

for you

Alright, people.

I knew that lying about dying immediately would earn me a Day-off, so to speak. So I did it.

Just so I could have an extra Night to:

A. Redirect someone.
and​
B. Await/hope/stall for a cure.

Because, you see, I am indeed Poisoned. Fatally.

However, this Poisoning is in fact a 2-Day affair of suffering; has been since the end of N2, when I was notified as such. I lied to you about the duration. I will unquestionably and unavoidably die at the end of Today, D4, and that is no longer a lie. Because I wasn't cured last Night, fuckin' TY whoever.

But why did I really lie, you ask? My reasons for lying can't possibly be THAT surface-level, right?

Well, of course not; firstly, I decided to manipulate my unfortunate sitch into using myself as the softest of litmus tests; by lying that I was to die from the Poison a Day earlier than in actuality, I knew that I was going to survive the Day because no one would dare try to vote the literal figurative walking dead out (and you're all so predictable like that, yawn).

So, last Night, the test was in whether I would be Night-killed or not after having survived my Day of lies, which would :
  • If it was Mafia who had Poisoned me; the instant they saw my 'imminent Poison death' claim Yesterday, they would immediately know I was lying about the duration (since they had done it to me themselves, they would know the correct details of course). So, as is expected, they'd all be perfectly fine hiding in amongst the crowd of benefit-of-doubt givers, which they indeed did Yesterday.

They wouldn't bother to attack me that Night either, since they knew I was already dead anyway. And since that Night was last Night, and I'm not dead, this must mean that it was the Mafia who Poisoned me, confirmed.

Also, their Poisoning was likely a 1-shot Power use, since nobody else these past few Days has come forward to say that they were also Poisoned. I'm the first-and-only victim, it seems.
  • If it was a Neutral or a Town-aligned player who had Poisoned me; once Mafia saw that I had survived the Day thereby confirming that I was lying, I would have stricken a fair amount of suspicion into their hearts that I was a PR (besides my claiming to be a Redirector, of course) stalling for time to use my Power(s). So, last Night, if they were a less thoughtful and enterprising team, they would've debated straight-up killing me to eliminate me as a threat (which would decidedly be a Bad move for them, since keeping a semi-confirmed-as liar around for the next Day as a free sacrifice to Town is in their best interests); despite my having claimed being Poisoned, they could have totally gone through with killing me, if I had instilled sufficient doubt of my Poisoned status in them via my quasi-debunked lie. Therefore, if they had killed me last Night, you'd know that it was a Neutral or Town-aligned player who had Poisoned me.

However, after my lie and subsequent loss of credibility Yesterday, a smarter Mafia team that, despite not being responsible for Poisoning me, would take the chance Yesterday to keep me alive to Today as said sacrifice (which they have apparently done), and possibly Roleblocked me last Night (if they had a Roleblocker in their ranks) as a precaution.

Therefore, it could've been a Neutral or Town-aligned player who Poisoned me, and Mafia's simply taking advantage of Yesterday's intentional self-inflicted loss of credibility to get a free lunch Today, confirmed.
But Blarg, you say, both of those stipulations, when drawn to the conclusions you suggest, don't lead to any sort of soft confirmation of the alignment of your alleged Poisoner! You basically just explained in a super long-winded way with tons of holes in your logic as you went, that your lie gambit was incapable of discovering your Poisoner's alignment and/or identity from its very onset!

So, Town, indicated by how Mafia handled the issue of moi, it's certain that you're dealing with quite a cautious Mafia team here. They know how to handle themselves, spread their votes around while keeping their heads down. Reading the past few Days over, thread activity has been a perfect Mafia-conducive storm of silence, empty suggestions and Daily symbolic pushes for dialogue that look 'Town Leader'-y per Day. If they're considered in the context of other Days, these posts lack a continuing narrative. NOTHING carries over from one Day to the next; what does that tell you?

It means that these players are BULLSHITTING you on a per-Day basis (btw, only I am allowed to use the word 'bullshit' and all its forms in [Mafia] gameplay, Dusk Soldier, cease and desist immediately). As soon as one Day's over, their reactions to the recently dead are basically a collective "Oh well" and then they move on to feeding you a fresh batch of BULLSHIT pulled out of their ass just for the new Day. All prior connections severed. And you know who has the most to gain from doing shit like this?

MAFIA DO

If I would hazard a guess, based on scrutinizing their post activity with search for narrative (or lack thereof) in mind, I'd say that--

Timeaisis
StMeph
Trigger
Zubz
batsnacks

--are your dastardly cabal of Mafia conspirators. I'd put Dr. Worm in that pool too, because of how suspiciously competent he is, and also because of his terrible last vote Yesterday on CM, defending none other than Zubz while he did it.

These 5 (6~) are the perfect Mafia blend of quiet and pushy; bats and Zubz as the aggressive 'Town Leader' faces in the open, Trigger as the opinion wildcard, and Timeaisis and StMeph as the completely under-the-radar non-entity henchmen for doing NKs. Just look at posts #945 and #947 for the D2 and D3 vote counts; look at how my Mafia suspects were so spread out on D2 because they had the luxury of a two-way Townie v. Townie fight in MickD and CM that Day. While that spread in itself is indicative of nothing suspicous, compare it to D3; where, after CM helped dig his own grave by just asking for it, Mafia had the perfect opportunity to bandwagon without fear of attentive repercussion. Look at how the votes are staggered, with Zubz and Satanic Saint together at first on D1, then making sure to distance themselves on CM on D2. Look at how bats fights so hard to lead Town to a CM lynch on D2. Look at how unjustified Trigger's final CM vote Yesterday is. Look at how unjustified Timeaisis' final CM vote Yesterday is.

Look at the current Blargwagon. Zubz already voted and quickly backed out, using this opportunity to pretend to be waiting for my exposition. Similar to what he did to me Yesterday with his "catharsis". And batsnacks, clearly you're only feigning interest in pursuing others because you know that Today is reserved for one event and one event only; the Blargwagon. You're keeping your distance with your vote, just so you can swoop in on me later with the justification of, "Oh, yeah, I looked at the others, but with no other solid leads, Blarg's sin is the greatest and he's gotta go." Mafia's just waiting for that time of Day to get in on the pile, that time of Day when anyone and everyone can self-justify their bandwagoning ass with a handwave.

And, let's not forget Trigger:

Oh, I was just confused. If Batsnacks power was directed to me than shouldn't something have happened to me? I didn't get any reports of night actions. It's not really that big a deal. I still trust Blarg for now.

I still trust Blarg for now.

Trigger said this 1 hour before I was allegedly supposed to die from Poison.

Quite a short 'now', I'd say?

I think Trigger knew I was lying about my Poison duration, and made a Freudian slip, subconsciously dropping that he knew I was going to survive past Day's end... because he's part of the Mafia team that did this to me.

I think for sure that Trigger is Mafia, seemingly in on my Poisoning.

VOTE: Trigger

oh, and btw, I am Jeanette Voerman, you may have heard of me

I'm a Roleblocker

my pair command is SEDUCE: <player_name>, although

I've never been able to use it, since I can't use it at the same time whenever

my sister does her crummy Redirect

*pout*

yo Mazre ARE YOU READY SIS

...while we await my dearest sister--

oh, CM was... Town, yeah?

I was Batman in a game and had two abilities. It's not impossible. If Blarg doesn't die his claim falls to pieces. He hasn't argued that he might survive. He will die. So I don't think there's much reason to pursue him.

Vote: Christina Mackenzie

reasoning against me, being used as irrelevant, non-explanatory filler text for his CM vote

I can't believe I didn't realize how redundant a Blarg vote was. I know we're close to majority, but I'm leaning towards CM.

In response to your Blarg votes yesterday, IIRC both of you voted at different times, when he had no traction.

VOTE: Christina Mackenzie

a fake-out, voting against me as if he didn't think it through, then using his "realization" as an excuse to shift his vote to CM

let's just do this. this whole day is going in circles.

vote: Christina Mackenzie

vote: Christina Mackenzie
Fine by me.

and two scoops of ice-cold BS

These players are being sloppy on purpose, because they know Town's so much of a non-entity as a cohesive team in this game that they don't need to bother covering their tracks.

MUCH
MAFIA

batsnacks

let's lynch Trigger! Blarg is right about going day by day I like it

Today
I'm sure Blarg has a helluva excuse for lying? I'm not feeling too good about Batsnacks either.
Yesterday
I didn't promise a read list exactly, but I do want to throw out some opinions.

Top town:

Blarg and Batsnacks are probably my safest bets. I think Batsnacks has been active enough in trying to generate conversation. I also don't feel like Blarg's behavior today is scummy. Fat4all is pretty town-y too to me.

Top scum:

Satanic Saint was the only one I've been suspicious of prior to CM's actions. He hasn't done much more to make me suspicious though past Day 1 honestly.

Redirected what? I haven't experienced anything at night, yet.

First of all Blarg, How dare you!

How dare you try to censor my posts.

I don't know how things work in whatever European country your from, but in Canada (aka the land of freedom) people here say whatever the fuck they want, to whoever the fuck they want to.

And I know you're lying about being poisoned. You're just trying to extend your gameplay one more day, and we're not falling for it again.

I agree that Trigger is shady as fuck. But if both Mazre/Batsnacks are willing to throw him under the bus like this after the stunt they pulled to save him D1.

I have to conclude that you're either working with them, or they are manipulating you.

First of all Blarg, How dare you!

How dare you try to censor my posts.

I don't know how things work in whatever European country your from, but in Canada (aka the land of freedom) people here say whatever the fuck they want, to whoever the fuck they want to.

sry

And I know you're lying about being poisoned. You're just trying to extend your gameplay one more day, and we're not falling for it again.

You know, you're supposed to not BELIEVE me the third time I cry Werewolf, not the second

But it's okay, Dusk.

I'm already dead, it's okay to already be in denial

I agree that Trigger is shady as fuck. But if both Mazre/Batsnacks are willing to throw him under the bus like this after the stunt they pulled to save him D1.

I have to conclude that you're either working with them, or they are manipulating you.

Mazre? Manipulating me?

6msuHVR.jpg

and no, Mr. b and I aren't a thing, Harley Quinn I ain't

batsnacks

Dusk Mazre is vouching for blarg, they're like masons or connected similarly like that, unless you're saying Mazre and blarg are both mafia and both lying

Mazre

I'm Therese Voerman, baroness of Santa Monica.

Blarg and I are sisters (lovers), we're two personalities in one vampire.

I can redirect one player to another, Blarg can role block, only one of us may act at night.

Blarg was poisoned night 2 and we'll die at the end of the day phase today.

Hobohodo

Just a thought, I tuned out of Blargs book early on but I'm sure someone mentioned that Mazre turned up in one of his stories? I'm thinking these guys are truthful about being lovers.

Mazre

Last night I redirected batsnacks to swamped.

Coupled with his OMGUS followed by a 180 sheep of Blarg, I'd say we start here.

VOTE: batsnacks

Mazre

Our alignments were confirmed as both town in our PMs.

Please note if there are 5 scum we may be in MYLO.

Gotta get back to work.

StMeph

If you're going to claim a role then you should also reveal what actions you took so we can evaluate what happened.

Zubz

Banned
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/22/224922/2661058-0029778094-tumbl.png

I'm a Roleblocker

my pair command is SEDUCE: <player_name>, although

I've never been able to use it, since I can't use it at the same time whenever

Huh... the bolded sentence... And now with this claim...

I'm Therese Voerman, baroness of Santa Monica.

Blarg and I are sisters (lovers), we're two personalities in one vampire.

I can redirect one player to another, Blarg can role block, only one of us may act at night.

Blarg was poisoned night 2 and we'll die at the end of the day phase today.

Care to explain this, then? Without making this page a slog to read through, this time?
Just to reiterate:

N1: redirected batsnacks' power towards Trigger, and Roleblocked Mazre
N2: redirected Swamped's power towards Christina Mackenzie, and Roleblocked Zubz

You guys are being very unclear about your actions and how you've used them. We know the role is that we either get Blarg swapping or Mazre blocking. I want you both to be 100% honest about this: How did you two use your powers?

Zubz

Banned
2661058-0029778094-tumbl.png

Er... Uh... Here we go. Blarg, since your partner's busy, I'm going to trust you to give us the rundown. Because the last one you gave us was an even dumber lie than the poison thing.

May Caine have mercy on us all.

Top Bottom