• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Mafia |OT| A Game of Masquerade

reposting all relevant information for new 50ppp, don't care

Zubz, pls ignore all of this in favour of your scum narrative, kthxbye

Maybe the baddies are close enough to victory that a Blarg/Mazre sacrifice play is enough?

oh, for the sake of real #Town

Let's actually illustrate how this is all gonna play out after Today, shall we?

▶

• {RIP D1} [m] Gorlak — ORDINARY GANGREL, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP N1} [m] AbsolutBro — ORDINARY VENTRUE, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP D2} [m] MickD — ORDINARY BRUJAH, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP N2} [m] squidyj — ORDINARY TOREADOR, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP D3} [m] TheWorthyEdge -> [m] Christina Mackenzie — GARY GOLDEN, PRIMOGEN OF THE NOSFERATU, Town-aligned 2-shot Commuter (command name: OBFUSCATE); N1: ??, N2: ??, ...
  • {RIP N3} [m] Swamped — ORDINARY MALKAVIAN, Town-aligned Citizen; n/a
  • {RIP D4, Poisoned on N2} [m] Blargonaut — JEANETTE VOERMAN, BARONESS OF SANTA MONICA, Town-aligned Lover/Roleblocker (command name: SEDUCE); N1: refrained from Power use in favour of partner's, N2: refrained from Power use in favour of partner's, N3: refrained from Power use in favour of partner's, ...
  • {RIP D4, Poisoned on N2} [m] Mazre — THERESE VOERMAN, BARONESS OF SANTA MONICA, Town-aligned Lover/Redirector; N1: redirected batsnacks to Trigger, N2: redirected Swamped to Christina Mackenzie, N3: redirected batsnacks to Swamped, ...
  • {RIP D4, voted out} [m] Trigger / whoever gets lynched Today — ??
  • {RIP N4} [m] Satanic Saint / whoever gets Night-killed tonight — ??
  1. [m] Dr. Worm — ??
  2. [m] Dusk Soldier — ??
  3. [m] Fat4all — ??
  4. [m] Hobohodo — ??
  5. [m] infinit777 — ??
  6. [m] batsnacks — ??
  7. [m] StMeph — ??
  8. [m] Timeaisis — ??
  9. [m] Ynnek7 — ??
  10. [m] Zubz — ??
---
20 players. By D5, 10 remaining.

5? Town.
5? or 4? Mafia.
Possibly 1 Neutral if 4 Mafia.

TODAY, DAY 4: 13 players remaining; 8? Town, 5? Mafia (or 4? Mafia + 1 Neutral).

so, if we lynch Town Today:
END OF TODAY, DAY 4: 10 players remaining; 5? Town, 5? Mafia (or 4? Mafia + 1 Neutral).

If there's 5 Mafia; they kill 1 player Tonight so it'll be 9 players remaining at D5-start. 4 Town, 5 Mafia.
Outnumbering us, Mafia instantly wins at D5-start. GAME OVER.​

If there's 4 Mafia; they kill 1 player Tonight so it'll be 9 players remaining at D5-start. 5 Town, 4 Mafia or 4 Town, 4 Mafia, 1 Neutral.
If it's 5 Town, 4 Mafia,; game continues into D5 under normal conditions. CONTINUE.
If it's 4 Town, 4 Mafia, 1 Neutral; and, if Mafia's Win condition requires outnumbering us, then game continues into D5, but under LYLO conditions. CONTINUE, BUT LYLO.
If it's 4 Town, 4 Mafia, 1 Neutral; and, Mafia's Win condition doesn't require outnumbering us (is "have equal numbers to Town" only), then Mafia wins by D5-start. GAME OVER.​

but, if we lynch Mafia Today:
END OF TODAY, DAY 4: 10 players remaining; 6? Town, 4? Mafia (or 3? Mafia + 1 Neutral).

If there's 4 Mafia; they kill 1 player Tonight so it'll be 9 players remaining at D5-start. 5 Town, 4 Mafia
If it's 5 Town, 4 Mafia,; game continues into D5 under normal conditions. CONTINUE.​

If there's 3 Mafia; they kill 1 player Tonight so it'll be 9 players remaining at D5-start. 6 Town, 3 Mafia, or 5 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Neutral.
If it's 6 Town, 3 Mafia,; game continues into D5 under normal conditions. CONTINUE.
If it's 5 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Neutral; game continues into D5 under normal conditions. CONTINUE.​

DWZwI9a.gif

...alright, Zubz-y et al.

If we kill off a Townie Today; there are timelines present where this game could be in LYLO Tomorrow, and there's even the darkest timeline in which Town loses instantly at Today's end.

For the uninitiated amongst us, "LYLO" MEANS "Lynch or Lose". It means that the game is in a critical situation where Town MUST eliminate someone who's Mafia that Day, or else Town will lose the game.

Also, a single vote placed on the wrong, non-Mafia person at any moment during LYLO, WILL 95% RESULT in Town losing the game, because at LYLO the player count is so low that all of the Mafia team can immediately pile on to create a majority before Town has a chance to react.

If we kill a Town player Today, there's a 50% chance we instantly lose the game, and a 25% chance we end up in LYLO Tomorrow.

So, Town.

LISTEN.

Look at who's died so far. Do you realize the sitch we're in?

Only 1 Town-aligned Power Role has died so far (Christina Mackenzie, 2-shot Town Commuter). But, after Mazre and I shrug off, Town will have lost their Roleblocker and Redirector Today. That'll be 3 Town PRs, gone.

BUT--

--you know who HASN'T died? That's right. The TOWN fuckin' INVESTIGATOR
(well, if there even is one in this game, which there 95% MUST be or else we've been ********************** since the very beginning considering the apparent dearth of Town PRs here).

That means that Tomorrow, provided that the Investigator survives Tonight (N4); even if the Investigator hasn't caught any Mafia from N1 to N4, they will still be able to confirm that 4 out of the 10 remaining players Tomorrow are Town or Neutral (5 out of 10, if Investigator included). Do you understand what this means?

This means that Tomorrow, if LYLO, the Investigator will be able to effectively draw a line in the sand of the player roster, and say something like, "Hi, I'm the Town Investigator! After 4 Nights of hard work in the shadows, these are my results. These 5 players are Town. So these 5 must be Mafia. We lynch down my scum list and we win. GG"

That's a good thing, right?

NO. WRONG.

Let me warn you the fuck.

Since you'll most likely be in "LYLO" Tomorrow, D5; all Mafia has to do to win Tomorrow, is have one of their members claim to be the Town Investigator, and then frame one of you real Town-aligned fucks as Mafia. Subsequently, that framed player will be lynched, and Town will thereby lose.

And, even if the REAL-ass Town Investigator survives Tonight to be able to come forward and reveal themselves Tomorrow; if any one of the Mafia claims as Town Investigator too, then you'll all be caught in a 2-way war for credibility with no way of confirming which player-claimant is the real Town Investigator. Like doppelgangers before you, you'll have to decide which one to BELIEVE regarding who to lynch Tomorrow.

That's 50/50 odds for outcomes that are either Town instantly losing, or, if you all manage to somehow successfully side with the correct, real Investigator; after lynching scum on D5, you all move forward into D6 with 8 (after D5's lynch and N5's kill) remaining players. That'll be 4? Town, and 4? Mafia (or 3? Mafia +1 Neutral), with the real Investigator surely killed by Mafia during the Night after Tomorrow, N5—UNLESS, there is a Doctor in this game to Protect the Investigator during N5. And, not only is this an 'unless" scenario that hinges on the Doctor surviving Tonight, it also hinges on there being a Town Doctor in this game in the first place. Their presence is a possibility, yes, made higher by the fact the Doctor obviously hasn't died yet, but consider that Mazre and I are Town-aligned Redirector and Roleblocker respectively; our Roles are effectively Protective ones, albeit of the active-type. With Roles like ours in this game, would there still be a Town Doctor present, game balance-wise?

To summarize this gloomy future:
- If you mislynch and kill a Townie Today, there's like, a 25% chance that you will be in LYLO Tomorrow. DAY 5: 10 players remaining; 5? Town, 5? Mafia (or 4? Mafia + 1 Neutral).
- During LYLO Tomorrow, all Mafia has to do to win is claim to be a Town Investigator, and frame someone as Mafia. That framed person will be lynched, and Mafia wins.
- Even if the real Town Investigator survives past Tonight to counter-claim the fake usurper one Tomorrow, the process of Town winning from that point on, requires:
1) Town to decide on the correct side of 50/50 odds Tomorrow that the person they're listening to Tomorrow is the real Investigator saying the real Mafia to lynch.
2) A majority vote in favour of said correct side of 50/50, which entails the real Investigator convincing all of remaining Town while in the face of a team of 5 or 4 Mafia controlling 5 or 4 votes out of 10 as one of them pretends to be said real Investigator; and, if even a single Town-aligned voter is not persuaded by the real one and thus misplaces their vote like the terrible, terrible player they are--? Town loses.
3) The existence of a Town Doctor to Protect the Investigator during the Night after Tomorrow, while taking into game balance consideration that Mazre and I are already Town-aligned Protective Roles (albeit of the active-action type). Is there really room for a Town Doctor?
4) The survival of nigh-cryptozoological Town Doctor and mythical Town Investigator past Tonight.
5) The Doctor successfully protecting the Investigator during N5 onwards, while the Investigator continues to weed out the remaining Mafia.​
- If all these requirements are met (especially the correct-side-of-50/50 choice, which ALL of this hinges on) then during D6 (which would be DAY 6: 8 players remaining; 4? Town, 4? Mafia (or 3? Mafia + 1 Neutral)), Town should simply lynch the fake doppelganger Investigator from D5, who would clearly be Mafia for having tried to usurp the real one during D5's LYLO. Remember.
- And from that Day forward, Town must lynch a Mafia every single Day. If Town mislynches even once, Town loses. And every single one of those Days will be LYLO. Tense. Fun. Yeah?​

So.

I'll say it again, if we kill a Town player Today, there's a 50% chance we instantly lose the game, and a 25% chance we end up in LYLO Tomorrow. And if you end up in LYLO, beware the false Town Investigator and don't be hasty in dropping your vote.

Okay?

Now, wait a sec. There's something more I must elaborate regarding this hypothetical Town Investigator...

I don't get it what is the point of deceiving town as town with fake roleblock claims

I knew Mafia would never kill me because I'm me, but I had to protect Mazre somehow

Mafia likes to kill off relatively inactive players like my dear Mazre, so I claimed that I Roleblocked Mazre just to get some heat onto him, make him feel like a presence

just like I did with my D1 storytime

"narrative", Mr. b

*snip*

Even though what Blarg and Mazre's saying is convincing, I'd like to know who each of your top picks are for town/mafia.

*snip*

If I would hazard a guess, based on scrutinizing their post activity with search for narrative (or lack thereof) in mind, I'd say that--

Timeaisis
StMeph
Trigger
Zubz
batsnacks

--are your dastardly cabal of Mafia conspirators. I'd put Dr. Worm in that pool too, because of how suspiciously competent he is, and also because of his terrible last vote Yesterday on CM, defending none other than Zubz while he did it.

These 5 (6~) are the perfect Mafia blend of quiet and pushy; bats and Zubz as the aggressive 'Town Leader' faces in the open, Trigger as the opinion wildcard, and Timeaisis and StMeph as the completely under-the-radar non-entity henchmen for doing NKs.

*snip*

*snip*

And, let's not forget Trigger:

Oh, I was just confused. If Batsnacks power was directed to me than shouldn't something have happened to me? I didn't get any reports of night actions. It's not really that big a deal. I still trust Blarg for now.

I still trust Blarg for now.

Trigger said this 1 hour before I was allegedly supposed to die from Poison.

Quite a short 'now', I'd say?

I think Trigger knew I was lying about my Poison duration, and made a Freudian slip, subconsciously dropping that he knew I was going to survive past Day's end... because he's part of the Mafia team that did this to me.

I think for sure that Trigger is Mafia, seemingly in on my Poisoning.

VOTE: Trigger

*snip*

^^^^^^UGGGHHHHHHHHHH, ALL HERE

EXCUSE YOU, I SAID IT A 50PPP PAGE AGO, STMEPH--

OMG PAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY ATTTTTENNNNTTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN

UGGGHHHHHH

Mazre, as much as we have batsnacks CAUGHT FUCKIN' RED-HANDED, I think you should move your vote onto Trigger.

like, even if I vote against him, there's no traction for CAUGHT FUCKIN' RED-HANDED batsnacks?

so pls

Mazre

Mazre

This proximity is dangerous, Mazre

vote Trigger

and Trigger, you should Role-claim

*snip*

I'm Beckett, researcher of the strange and collector of Pokemon Cards (Citation Needed). I can't see alignment, but I can see if somebody engaged in a night action. I have 2 shots to investigate per game; but I've only collected info once. Why, you ask? Well, let's look at your partner's claim.

The reason why Bats & Trigger report nothing happening is because, well, nothing happened. I tracked Mazre, and I was told Mazre did nothing throughout the night; the real roleblocker must have stopped him. That's why I initially questioned Blarg's claim of roleblocking Mazre instead of Turboing; it fit my tracking of Mazre that night.

*snip*

I feel Mazre's the safer kill because Blarg's been known to Mafia claim with a good role and good info before. That said, We have 5 hours left, and we're not wasting our vote on Trigger.

VOTE: Blargonaut

UNVOTE: Trigger

Fucking wow.

This is the flimsiest and most opportunistic Role-claim I have ever seen. Everything about this Role-claim screams, "JUST DIE ALREADY," as in it reads like a Role-claim specifically tailored to finish me and Mazre off. Everything from the timing of your claim to your alleged targets screams "JUST DIE ALREADY," because not only are you trying to finish us off with it, you're also trying to exonerate batsnacks AND Trigger with it, which is mighty fucking convenient for you three considering that you and they're both on my Top Scum list. If I had any doubts about you being scum, Zubz, you just erased them for me.

It's painfully obvious that you're twisting my "roleblocked Mazre N1" fake-out against me, because you've shaped your entire Role-claim around that. If we were to BELIEVE what you're saying Zubz, Mazre did not receive any failure message for his Redirect stating that he was Roleblocked on N1, yet you receive failure messages when your Night Actions fail like you allege happened to you on N3 when you "failed" to Track batsnacks? And what kind of Tracker gets to retain a failed 1-shot? I said that Mazre and I can't use our powers simultaneously, only one of us can use it at a time. And since Mazre has been the one moving every Night, I have never used my Roleblock. And even if I could use it simultaneously, why would I Roleblock my own Lover?

And then, as if all this wasn't enough to put the stake in us; the very last thing you say in your claim is going ahead and trying to frame me and Mazre as boogeymen who're gonna kill you, you specifically, in your sleep? Huh. Talk about unnecessary fuckin' character defamation. Or is it slander? Poor you.

Your Role-name may be real, and you may be a 2-shot Tracker for all I know, but now I'm sure as shit you're not Town.

Although, according to your claim, there's a way to really figure this out, isn't there? I mean, you're basically asking batsnacks to Role-claim in order to nail Mazre's and I's coffin tighter, you're giving him yet another out by allowing him to "BELIEVABLY" claim to not be a PR in order to fit your statements and knock me outta here further. Kudos to your bloody team for crafting this opus of frame and fuckin' clearance. Applause applause applause.

Convenient that you, Mr. 2-shot, just so happened to Track Mazre AND batsnacks, Today's 2 major players, out of 19 other players in the game, whole Nights ago? And you were only able to Track batsnacks because you had a shot left over when you "forgot" to Track CM on N2? Wow. What a coincidence. Too fucking convenient, Zubz.

bats, recent events have inspired me to change my mind: shut up. If you Role-claim Today, you're scum by virtue of opportunistic collusion.

VOTE: Zubz

and

I'm tired, Town, just

I'm not even going to beg you to vote out obvious Mafia!Zubz

I'm just going to beg you to use your heads, that is, if you're even here

Think about the Role-claims in front of you, objectively and in context

just fucking please think

good night, good night

parting is etc.

Mazre

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (5)
Dusk Soldier .961
StMeph .962
Zubz .967 .969
Dr. Worm .974
infinit777 .978
Hobohodo .985

Satanic Saint (1)
batsnacks .983

infinit777 (0)
batsnacks .970 .983

No active vote for Day 4:
Blargonaut
Fat4all
Mazre
Satanic Saint
Timeaisis
Trigger
Ynnek7
Zubz (has previously voted)

This is a convenient post for capturing the state of the game prior to Blargs reveal yesterday. Remember that going into this phase town would be working on the assumption that Blarg had lied about being poisoned while scum would know that Blarg was still poisoned and already going to die at the end of this phase. It's not ideal for scum to turbo lynch on someone they know will die. One might go along with that for optics but I would also expect scum to try and shift the lynch elsewhere (see Bats above and later onto Trigger), just keep this game state in mind should everyone see day 5.

Ok as I read this thread I do believe Blargonaut and Mazre's claim. Also it seems like they pasted their official Role PMs so it looks all legit. But lets see the number of times they have lied and questionable things they have done.

1. They lied about them dying after a day. They now say they will die in 2 days.

Fair enough I believe you guys. You guys lied so that you would have one more extra day to redirect your power.

2. Blarg lied about using his both redirect and roleblocking powers. Said he roleblocked Mazre Night 1. Now they say that they cannot use the 2 powers simultaneously and they never roleblocked someone in the entire game.

Blarg's explanation for the fake roleblock was to protect Mazre from the Mafia by putting a but of limelight on her, because according to him mafia are only killing the inactive players.

Nah I don't buy this for one bit because none of the Night kills have been inactive players so far. If that was the case I should have been dead by now since I am the most inactive player this game I think.

3. I was going to post their questionable decision of redirecting batsnack's power again when nothing happened the first time they did it. But it seems like I won't have to do it because Mazre just posted this.

Rest of town can call this as they see it, lynching us isn't optimal (essentially a no-lynch) but it's certainly not a disaster at this point either. For the record when Blarg and I die today (via posion or lynch) I received no notification of a block on night 1.

Further to clear the slate I did not redirect Bats last night I redirected Trigger to Hobohodo.

So final tally is:

N1: Bats -> Trigger
N2: Swamped -> CM
N3: Trigger -> Hobo

And Blarg did indeed say what he said he said in lovers chat. Deal with it.

So we have another lie here by Blargonaut and Mazre that they never redirected batsnacks's power to Trigger on Night 3. Instead they redirected Trigger's power to Hobohodo.

And they are posting this just 2 hours before the countdown despite several people questioning why they redirected batsnack's power again when nothing happened Night 1 and they just gave half assed responses then. This is the last straw.

I'm sorry but that you guys have too many lies in your story. I actually believe Zubz's claim now even though it doesn't seem like he posted his actual Role PM and thus his role doesn't look as legit as yours.

Also one more thing I do in Town of Salem is when I am a dying Vigilante I don't out myself so that there is a chance that Mafia kill me at night and waste their night kill. You guys had a wonderful opportunity to do that with Mazre but both of you outed yourselves. In fact one of you should have baited hard so that mafia come and kill you. Your game play style doesn't seem like town to me.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Oh I am also not fully buying Zubz's role claim as well. I mean he didn't even put any effort in it. He said something about his role collecting pokemon cards. Surely that can't be the official role PM he received.

Also its so damn convenient that he has checked Mazre on N1, and was roleblocked when checking batsnacks.

One thing I can say is that Blarg's and Mazre's roleclaims atleast look legit af. I originally believed them but this last post of them saying "oh wait we redirected Trigger to Hobohodo not batsnacks to Trigger like we have been saying all along" really turned me against them. Come on guys get your shit together. Your story is full of holes.

Zubz

Banned
Oh I am also not fully buying Zubz's role claim as well. I mean he didn't even put any effort in it. He said something about his role collecting pokemon cards. Surely that can't be the official role PM he received.

Also its so damn convenient that he has checked Mazre on N1, and was roleblocked when checking batsnacks.

One thing I can say is that Blarg's and Mazre's roleclaims atleast look legit af. I originally believed them but this last post of them saying "oh wait we redirected Trigger to Hobohodo not batsnacks to Trigger like we have been saying all along" really turned me against them. Come on guys get your shit together. Your story is full of holes.

It was a joke. Character is named Beckett. Beckett's Pokèmon Collector was a magazine about Pokèmon cards in the 90s. Character is supposedly a researcher.

Mazre

Please recall for today as well that all of our current events have stemmed from Blargs voluntary reveal of his poisoning yesterday. If Blarg hadn't been poisoned there was absolutely no reason for him to stick his neck out the way he did yesterday, he had minimal pressure in the form of a throw away vote from Dusk Soldier.

Our story is solid, we just told a lot of lies along the way <shrugs>

Yeah but none of those lies really served a purpose. I know that you have to lie as a townie but it should serve a purpose. Hell even your truths didn't serve any purpose(like the last one)

Also like I said before. Mazre shouldn't even have come out today. There was no purpose to that.

You guys are just digging your own graves the longer you speak.

Mazre

Yeah but none of those lies really served a purpose. I know that you have to lie as a townie but it should serve a purpose. Hell even your truths didn't serve any purpose(like the last one)

Also like I said before. Mazre shouldn't even have come out today. There was no purpose to that.

You guys are just digging your own graves the longer you speak.

We die after the vote regardless, there's no night kill for me to draw on night 4.

Hobohodo

I'm short on time to take part as this day ends, so after catching up on the thread I'm going to go with my end of day vote from yesterday as it still feels relevant.

Vote: Zubz

For better or worse I'm trusting Marzonaut. They've spun some lies along the way which I don't quite follow their reasoning (I'm not even sure how convinced I am that they are poisoned any more) but one thing that is clear is these guys share a chat. So either they are lovers or they are mafia playing an incredibly ballsy game. I reckon it's far more likely to be the former.

Dr. Worm

Banned
With under an hour left, here goes nothing...

I'm not completely convinced that Blarg still isn't lying, but if he's telling the truth about the poisoning, we don't have much of a choice right now. My trust in Zubz can only go so far; I'm sorry, man.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (5)
Dusk Soldier .961
StMeph .962
Zubz .967 .969
Dr. Worm .974 .1051
infinit777 .978
Hobohodo .985 .1022
batsnacks .1010 .1026
Zubz .1084
Satanic Saint .1103

Zubz (4)
Blargonaut .1089
Mazre .1093
Hobohodo .1111
Dr. Worm .1112

Trigger (2)
Blargonaut .1014 .1089
batsnacks .1034
Fat4all .1063

infinit777 (0)
batsnacks .970 .983

Satanic Saint (0)
batsnacks .983 .1010

batsnacks (0)
Blargonaut .1009 .1014
Mazre .1043 .1093

Timeaisis
Trigger
Ynnek7

Day 4 ends:
blu_1481407200.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Zubz

Banned
Hey, even if I die, at least you guys have info. That's at least something. But please don't give Blarg & Mazre a free day. I have a solid case, and these 2 have done nothing but lie and contradict themselves.

Zubz

Banned
With under an hour left, here goes nothing...

I'm not completely convinced that Blarg still isn't lying, but if he's telling the truth about the poisoning, we don't have much of a choice right now. My trust in Zubz can only go so far; I'm sorry, man.

One thing I must add, though... We really shouldn't be acknowledging the "poison" ruse as anything but a lie that we fell for yesterday.

StMeph

So...
1) Blarg/Mazre are poisoned: they die today
2) Blarg/Mazre are poisoned and lynched: they die today
3) Blarg/Mazre are not poisoned: they die tomorrow and Mafia probably gains an advantage by lynching one more Town

I suppose the issue of option #2 is that we gain no extra information if Blarg, Mazre, or Blarg-Mazre turn out to be Town.

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

Zubz

Banned
Again, I already will be vindicated when I die today or tonight, but please don't waste your votes. I know we're at a tie but between Scum and Me, who I know is not evil, I know a tie is the better option than changing my vote.

But please... I have no idea why you guys are trusting Blarg & Mazre over me. I have not lied at all this game.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Zubz (5)
Blargonaut .1089
Mazre .1093
Hobohodo .1111
Dr. Worm .1112
StMeph .1116

Blargonaut (4)
Dusk Soldier .961
StMeph .962 .1116
Zubz .967 .969
Dr. Worm .974 .1051
infinit777 .978
Hobohodo .985 .1022
batsnacks .1010 .1026
Zubz .1084
Satanic Saint .1103

Trigger (2)
Blargonaut .1014 .1089
batsnacks .1034
Fat4all .1063

infinit777 (0)
batsnacks .970 .983

Satanic Saint (0)
batsnacks .983 .1010

batsnacks (0)
Blargonaut .1009 .1014
Mazre .1043 .1093

Timeaisis
Trigger
Ynnek7

Day 4 ends:
blu_1481407200.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Ynnek7

I'm inclined to believe at least part of Blarg and Mazre's story. They're claiming to be two characters who are literally the same person, so just by going by that logic it makes sense that they'd have the Lover's role. With this comes the chat that they share together, and the mutual death if one of them dies.

It just doesn't make sense to me for them to be scum in this case, since they're already sharing a chat. Is there any precedence for scum having a role that could take out two of them in one shot?

I still don't know what to make of the poison claim.

If I had to vote on someone, I'd rather it be batsnacks than zubz, since he seemed scummier to me since earlier this day phase.

Zubz

Banned
I'm inclined to believe at least part of Blarg and Mazre's story. They're claiming to be two characters who are literally the same person, so just by going by that logic it makes sense that they'd have the Lover's role. With this comes the chat that they share together, and the mutual death if one of them dies.

It just doesn't make sense to me for them to be scum in this case, since they're already sharing a chat. Is there any precedence for scum having a role that could take out two of them in one shot?

I still don't know what to make of the poison claim.

If I had to vote on someone, I'd rather it be batsnacks than zubz, since he seemed scummier to me since earlier this day phase.

It's a lie. This cannot be clearer. I did all I could; please make the most of it tomorrow.

El Topo

Day 4 votes

blargonaut (4)
dusk soldier 961
stmeph 962 (1116)
zubz 967 (969)
dr. worm 974 (1051)
infinit777 978
hobohodo 985 (1022)
batsnacks 1010 (1026)
zubz 1084
satanic saint 1103

infinit777 (0)
batsnacks 970 (983)

satanic saint (0)
batsnacks 983 (1010)

batsnacks (0)
blargonaut 1009 (1014)
mazre 1043 (1093)

trigger (2)
blargonaut 1014 (1073)
batsnacks 1034
fat4all 1063
blargonaut 1073 (1089)
blargonaut 1101 (1101)

zubz (6)
blargonaut 1089 (1101)
mazre 1093
blargonaut 1101
hobohodo 1111
dr. worm 1112
stmeph 1116
ynnek7 1124

blu_1481407200.png

Fat4all

Banned
I just don't see the point in both Blarg and Mazre lying today, there's way too much for them to lose as scum if they are.. And a pair of linked players being scum would be very strange. If they are telling the truth that's one scum down now. If they are lying and survive the night, that's two scum down later.

Why in the world would two scum pull such a nonsense stunt? It threatens getting nearly half of their group lynched for free.

Zubz

Banned
I just don't see the point in both Blarg and Mazre lying today, there's way too much for them to lose as scum if they are.. And a pair of linked players being scum would be very strange. If they are telling the truth that's one scum down now. If they are lying and survive the night, that's two scum down later.

Why in the world would two scum pull such a nonsense stunt? It threatens getting nearly half of their group lynched for free.

Because it's Blarg.

I'm so sorry I couldn't do more to help you guys... :(

batsnacks

ZUBZ IS TELLING THE TRUTH

I WAS ROLEBLOCKED THE PREVIOUS NIGHT

I DID NOT KILL SWAMPED

BLARG/MAZRE HAVE TOLD NOTHING BUT LIES

VOTE: blargonaut

bqpD5UU.gif

El Topo

"What about the bird in the tree that pains houses?" Blarg asked.
"...what?"
"The gentle green giant weeps on Halloween." he replied.
"...what the fuck?"
"He who turns the wheel also turns his heart against others." said Blarg.
"...o...kay. So...uh...."
"You should lynch zubz, for he is the evil jellybean of whipped cream." Blarg exclaimed, pointing at zubz.
"I...uh...what the fuck, why not?" someone replied.
"Are you kidding me?" zubz screamed. "None of this makes any sense! I'm Beckett! Famous scholar? Hello?"
"No, no, you're right Blarg. He seems pretty suspicious." another one said.
"Hey, are you even listening?" zubz shouted, but was ignored by the others.
"We will die tonight, my friends." Blarg said, suddenly sounding like Mazre. "But we will take scum with us."
Most kindred nodded. These reasonable and convincing arguments had swayed them to Blarg's cause.
"
bqpD5UU.gif
" said zubz, but it was to no avail.
Once again a shot was fired and once again an innocent met the final death.
Minutes later Blarg/Mazre collapsed, no longer able to stand. They vomited on the floor, then began to shake heavily, until it all suddenly stopped. Their aura was gone, their life perished.

The PMs for Mazre/Blarg are erroneous. The night/day terminology was switched shortly before the game began (i.e. back to the usual way) and I forgot to change that for their PMs.
Their abilities were used during the night, not the day.

zubz has met the final death.
El Topo said:
&#8220;Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships, it is the only one worth taking.&#8221;

You are Beckett. While your only allegiance lies with yourself and you generally care little for the scheming off the kindred, you have come to Los Angeles intent on uncovering the events that are secretly unfolding.
You are aligned with Town and you win, when all members of the conspiracy (i.e. Mafia) are eliminated.

While you were embraced in the early 18th century by a member of clan Gangrel, many mistake you for a member of clan Malkav, as you were adopted by Aristotle de Laurent. Intent on uncovering the mysteries of the world and the true history of the kindred, you are a historian and archaeologist and perhaps the most famous scholar amongst the kindred. A rarity among the Gangrel, you are educated and cultivated, with contacts and allies around the world, both mortal and supernatural. Snarky and proud, highly intelligent and often sarcastic, you are generally lawful and respect the law, as you try to avoid conflict. You have only recently come to Los Angeles, intent on uncovering the events unfolding in the shadows of this bristling city.

While you are in principle a very dangerous opponent to many vampires, you are a peaceful being, intent on avoiding conflict. You are, however, a very keen observer. Once during the night&nbsp; you may PM me the command TRACK:<target>. If successful, you learn whether your target visited someone, but not what they did. You can use this ability twice in the game.

The game thread can be found here.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Please confirm that you received this PM and your participation via PM.

Blargonaut has met the final death.

El Topo said:
&#8220;I'm the finger down your spine when all the lights are out. I'm the name on all the mens room walls. When I pout the whole world tries to make me smile. And everyone always wants to know. Who... is... that... girl?&#8221;

You are Jeanette Voerman. Owner of the night club The Asylum, you care about living to the fullest, rather than meeting in dark cellars to plot the end of the world (or whatever).
You are aligned with Town and you win, when all members of the conspiracy (i.e. Mafia) are eliminated.

Therese had only been a little girl when you first showed up. She did not have many friends, as her father kept her mostly inside, so you were a welcome companion and the two of you grew as close as possible. All changed that fateful night, when Therese&#8217;s father came home drunk and mistook you for her. When Therese caught you together, she shot him in a jealous rage, splattering his brains all over the silly clown wallpapers. Afterwards Therese was brought into a mental institution, where they did their best to keep you from her. It was only after she had escaped the institution years later and was embraced by a Malkavian that the two of you were united once more.

You are, bizarre as it may be for a kindred, sexually promiscuous, a hypersexual nymphomaniac. Once during the day, you may PM me the command SEDUCE:<player> to block all actions of that player during the night.

Since you and Therese are two different personalities of the same vampire, you can safely communicate with each other <access denied>. While both of you can cast a vote, only one of you can use their power during the day; should one of you die, so does the other.

Mazre has met the final death.

El Topo said:
&#8220;So long as our business doesn&#8217;t go sour, my word is gold.&#8221;

You are Therese Voerman. As the baroness of Santa Monica, while you may have your own plans, you are loyal to the Camarilla.

Your childhood had been rough. As a little girl, you had been kept mostly inside by your father, an abusive alcoholic who molested you, so Jeanette was a welcome companion when she showed up one day. The two of you grew as close as possible, creating imaginary worlds that you ruled over. All changed that fateful night, when your father killed himself, because he could not deal with Jeanette&#8217;s bad behavior and her tormenting him with her promiscuity. Afterwards you were brought into a mental institution, where they did their best to keep her from you. It was only after you had escaped the institution years later and were embraced by a Malkavian that the two of you were united once more.

You are the baroness of Santa Monica and an ambitious businesswoman. Once during the day, you may PM me the command SEND:<player 1> to <player 2> to direct the actions of player 1 to target player 2 that night.

Since you and Jeanette are two different personalities of the same vampire, you can safely communicate with each other <access denied>. While both of you can cast a vote, only one of you can use their power during the day; should one of you die, so does the other.

Night ends:
bla_1481580000.png

FINAL DAY 4 VOTE TALLY:

Zubz (7)
Blargonaut .1089
Mazre .1093
Hobohodo .1111
Dr. Worm .1112
StMeph .1116
Ynnek7 .1124
Fat4all .1127

Blargonaut (5)
Dusk Soldier .961
StMeph .962 .1116
Zubz .967 .969
Dr. Worm .974 .1051
infinit777 .978
Hobohodo .985 .1022
batsnacks .1010 .1026
Zubz .1084
Satanic Saint .1103
batsnacks .1129

Satanic Saint (0)
batsnacks .983 .1010

batsnacks (0)
Blargonaut .1009 .1014
Mazre .1043 .1093

infinit777 (0)
batsnacks .970 .983

Trigger (0)
Blargonaut .1014 .1089
batsnacks .1034 .1129
Fat4all .1063 .1127

Timeaisis
Trigger

El Topo

Ten.
Only ten remained.
Timeaisis had made the news earlier. His apartment had burnt down, with him inside.
It had been a painful ordeal, as police would later learn that he had been tied to his bed.
The remaining vampires were not shocked. They had become numb to this.
For the fifth time they had come together to uncover the conspiracy.
Again and again they had been misled, had someone tricked them into murdering an innocent kindred.
Here they were, in a backroom of Isaac Abrams' jewelry store in Hollywood.
There wasn't much space, but it was an orderly room and unlike the club it didn't smell.
This is where it all had begun.
Would it all end here as well?

Timeaisis has met the final death.
El Topo said:
&#8220;First, do no harm. First, do no harm. First, do no harm.&#8221;

You are an Ordinary Malkavian. You&#8217;re careful to obey the law and to do good, always following the law and trying to somehow make amends.

<Backstory for the player, removed to make this post easier to read>

While you are, as all vampires, a natural predator, you are of little threat to other kindred, nor are your skills as an EMT of much help for vampires, especially given that you don&#8217;t have access anymore to equipment or human blood. Therefore you do not have any power, other than your vote.

Day 5 begins!
Majority is 6.
Voting tool can be found here
blu_1481839200.png

Hell...

So i popped in on saturday to hear the news. this is horrible guys. I feel bad for blaming blarg, though i honestly dont see how we should have taken it when he lied. . . i however did not return to read the rest of the thread until too late.

Mazre, i had feelings that they were scum... fucking dammit, also zubs, i didnt have much of a radar for him...

Fat4all

Banned
OK first off, was anyone else poisoned last night? We are dealing with either 4 scum or 3 scum if we are lucky, and poison really throws a wrench into being able to pull this back.

If anyone was poisoned, tell us the exact conditions of it. Does it last two days, or one? I'm wondering if it only lasted two days because it affected both Blarg and Mazre, or if it's 2 by default.

I guess first things first.

Batsnacks, we're going to need a full role claim.

For all intents and purposes this is LYLO.

There's no point in holding anything back now, as there's not going to be another chance tomorrow if we screw this up now.

What is your role?

What is your role's ability?

Who did you target each night?

What were the results?

Trigger

I'm leaning towards a batsnacks lynch. I feel like you're a very active scum player. Trying to convince people that Blarg and Mazre were lying doesn't look so good.

What we know so far...

Christina Mac (2-shot commuter)

N1 - commutted
N2 - commutted

Blarg (RoleBlocker)

N1 - no action
N2 - no action
N3 - no action

Mazre (Switcher)

N1 batsnacks - > trigger
N2 Swamped -> Christina Mackenzie
N3 Trigger -> Hobohodo

Zubz (Watcher)

N1 - Mazre (no movement)
N2 - no action
N3 - Batsnacks : [roleblocked]

Batsnacks (???)

N1 - ???
N2 - ??? : [roleblocked]
N3 - ???
N4 - ???

Poisoner

N1 - ???
N2 - Blargonaut/Mazre
N3 - ???
N4 - ???
If this is right. This looks like this is it for town power roles. Since they're mostly dead, other than waiting on batsnacks, we'll have to piece together what happened based on what little information they gave us.

The first thing that jumps out to me is Zubz tracking Mazre and finding no movement even though Mazre moved.

To me what makes most sense is that Blarg/Mazre were in fact lying about how they used their powers.

Mazre didn't use his switching powers. Blarg instead used his roleblocking ability each night.

N2 they hit batsnacks, then on N3 they hit Zubz.

That's why Zubz didn't see movement from Mazre N1, because Blarg was busy using his role-blocking ability.

I'm going to update the night actions to show what I think happened here. Changes in bold.

N1 - commutted
N2 - commutted

Blarg (RoleBlocker)

N1 - ???
N2 - batsnacks
N3 - Zubz

Mazre (Switcher)

N1 no acion
N2 no action
N3 no action

Zubz (Watcher)

N1 - Mazre (no movement)
N2 - no action

Batsnacks (???)

N1 - ???
N3 - ???
N4 - ???

Poisoner

N1 - ???
N2 - Blargonaut/Mazre
N3 - ???
N4 - ???
Suddenly it's a much clearer narrative, and all the pieces fall into place neatly.

So who did Blarg block N1?

The poisoner.

The poisoner's ability was blocked on N1, then on N2 it tried to hit Christina Mackenzie hoping to get townie points by taking out a scummy player. Christina however commuted that night, making the poisoner 0/2 on poison attempts.

On D3 Blarg claimed to be the role blocker, as well as being poisoned. So the poisoner being frustrated having failed 2 nights in a row, and seeing a chance to not only get revenge, but serve up some karma as well, poisoned Blargonaut.

so, one final update:

N1 - commutted
N2 - commutted

Blarg (RoleBlocker)

N1 - Poisoner
N2 - batsnacks
N3 - Zubz

Mazre (Switcher)

N1 no acion
N2 no action
N3 no action

Zubz (Watcher)

N1 - Mazre (no movement)
N2 - no action

Batsnacks (???)

N1 - ???
N3 - ???
N4 - ???

Poisoner

N1 - ??? : [roleblocked]
N2 - Chritina Mackenie [immunity]
N3 - Blargonaut/Mazre
N4 - ???
I'm going to look through Blarg's D1 posts, there should be some breadcrumbs as to who he blocked that night.

Also, before I go, I think this list is a great place to start for weeding out scum.

Scum would have known that this was a great opportunity to get rid of three town players simultaneously.

And since they already knew that blarg wasn't scum, they wouldn't have been as sceptical of his claims, like a town player would've been at this point.

The players in bold had never voted for Zubz before.

FINAL DAY 4 VOTE TALLY:

Zubz (7)
Blargonaut .1089
Mazre .1093
Hobohodo .1111
Dr. Worm .1112
StMeph .1116
Ynnek7 .1124
Fat4all .1127

~snip~

batsnacks

I'm Smiling Jack, I am the doctor. I am an anarchist and use tricks to divert a night kill away from the person I'm targeting.

tFqGoPG.png

^ that's me

n1 hobo
n2 fat
n3 swamped
n4 fat

I picked hobo n1 because of his cool thought map thing. I thought that was a great contribution and expected him to be night killed for it. We now know that Mazre redirected me to Trigger that night.

I picked fat n2 because fat posts a lot.

I picked swamped n3 because I thought CM's death cleared her, also I thought she might be the cop because she's basically the only one who correctly guessed CM's alignment.

I picked fat n4 because mafia has been killing active players, even though I figured after my soft claim at the end of day 4 that mafia would be role blocking me.

I know I was roleblocked because obviously Swamped died even though I was protecting, also zubz information confirms that I was locked down that night. I was conflicted and confused about blarg/mazre's claim because they lied about redirecting me to swamped.

There is no way I could have known that zubz was telling the truth unless I was indeed roleblocked. I soft claimed at the end of yesterday to prove that zubz's info was accurate and that I am town. The role blocker is obviously mafia and my role now is useless.

I have been as post-y/solve-y/a few people have said aggressive because that's how I play as ordinary town. I wanted to look like all I had were my posts and my vote so that mafia wouldn't think I had abilities that could solve the game for me.

Fat4all

Banned
This is... a lot to unpack.

Just as a note, I haven't received any notification of anything happening to me at night at all the entire game.

Not to say I believe or don't believe bats, just sommit to note.

Dr. Worm

Banned
The people who are pushing the lynch angle on batsnacks are mafia looking for an easy way out. They know there's a sizable portion of town that doesn't like him, myself included, and want to win quickly with an easy lynch today. Why? Because even though he's the only person here doing serious scumhunting, he's in the same position that Blargonaut was in on D2, as squidyj so elegantly stated; he's a chip to be played by the mafia, a pawn to sacrifice without a thought. They leave him alive and hide in the shadows, because they know that batsnacks can and will be crucified for no reason other than a misguided lynch attempt that we all agreed to in the end.

Fact is, there's nothing on him right now. Blargonaut lied about having him "CAUGHT FUCKIN' RED-HANDED." When batsnacks actually was redirected to Trigger, nothing happened to Trigger. As Trigger, of all people, pointed out, there's been no scramble to save him. By all indications, batsnacks has been entirely unaware of Blargonaut's poisoning. All we have on him now is all we had on him on D2 - assisting Mazre in throwing the vote to Gorlak from Trigger. As much as you're all loath to admit, there's only one path to lynching batsnacks - lynching Trigger for batsnacks' original sin, all the way from D1.

I'm not your cop. I can't tell you who the scum is. I don't know if Trigger is as scummy as he looks - yesterday's vote put something of a kibosh on that way of thinking. But I'm willing to stake this game on batsnacks being who he claims he is.

Top Bottom