• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Mafia |OT| A Game of Masquerade

batsnacks

I'm leaning towards a batsnacks lynch. I feel like you're a very active scum player. Trying to convince people that Blarg and Mazre were lying doesn't look so good.

I am also a very active town player.

And I had very good reasons for being suspicious of Mazre/blarg. They claimed they redirected me to swamped the same night I was roleblocked from saving swamped.

and the way they split their votes initially, one on you and one on me, added to that suspicion.

Trigger

What of our poisoner is a one-shot? There's no reason that they couldn't have poisoned someone last night. There's nobody to role block them. I'm not entirely convinced that such a role is scum aligned either.

Ynnek7

So who did Blarg block N1?

The poisoner.

The poisoner's ability was blocked on N1, then on N2 it tried to hit Christina Mackenzie hoping to get townie points by taking out a scummy player. Christina however commuted that night, making the poisoner 0/2 on poison attempts.

On D3 Blarg claimed to be the role blocker, as well as being poisoned. So the poisoner being frustrated having failed 2 nights in a row, and seeing a chance to not only get revenge, but serve up some karma as well, poisoned Blargonaut.

I think you might be off on this a bit, Dusk. Blarg was keeping up his author persona for D1 and D2, it wasn't until D3 that he switched gears and claimed that he was poisoned.

No one claimed being poisoned on D2, so it's possibly that a N1 poisoning was blocked, but the N2 poisoning most likely hit Blarg then. Not really sure Christina fits into this.

I'm thinking the poisoning might be one-shot? Either that, or over the course of 4 nights they've only managed to actually poison one person? The poison seems to take time to kill, so maybe they did manage to poison someone who was then lynched/killed before the poison could take them. Doesn't really explain why none of them said anything though.

Hobohodo

First of all I haven't been poisoned.

The poisoner's ability was blocked on N1, then on N2 it tried to hit Christina Mackenzie hoping to get townie points by taking out a scummy player. Christina however commuted that night, making the poisoner 0/2 on poison attempts.

On D3 Blarg claimed to be the role blocker, as well as being poisoned. So the poisoner being frustrated having failed 2 nights in a row, and seeing a chance to not only get revenge, but serve up some karma as well, poisoned Blargonaut.

I feel that for this to be true we have to jump to a number of conclusions. The biggest issue for me is your thoughts regarding Blarg. It would require use to believe that Blarg claimed to be poisoned even though he didn't know there was a poisoner in the game AND then by coincidence there was a poisoner who then thought 'well he claimed it so I guess I will go for him now'. That in its self seems pretty suspect. We then have to assume that Blarg (and by extension Mazre) were still holding back information from us on D4 even as they were dying. If they had actually only just been poisoned on N3 and it did only take one day to go into effect then why not say so?

So if blarg/Mazre blocked someone N1. The most likely breadcrumbs would be found in his letters. Although I can't make much sense of them.

Letters from the Fans

Letter #1

Dear Fat4all,

My apologies; although I am self-published, it is against my best and future career interests to divulge upcoming content via an exclusive platform of any kine.

Thank you for your pledge and your sincere understanding.

Many thanks,
The Author​

Letters from the Fans

Letter #1

Dear Gorlak,

Thank you for being a dedicated fan! I appreciate it very much. Indeed, I do it for you and everyone else who loves my work.

Kindly please direct all your convention- and cosplay-related questions to my literary agent. You will find the relevant contact details in the same place you found this mailing address.

Many thanks,
The Author

Letter #2

Dear Zubz,

My sincerest apologies if I have offended you in any way with my previous replies. Although, I must say that that particular word in question was a typo; I had meant to type "kind", but I must have accidentally erred in my stressed state of work-induced drowsiness.

I have decided to let go of my editor; a very kine individual who has worked with me for quite a while, but I simply cannot condone such terrible things escaping unchecked, not even once.

Again, I am sorry.

Best regards,
The Author

Letter #3

Dear Fat4all,

Again, I have nothing but the utmost respect for all livestock and livestock-related accessories.

Best regards,
The Author

Letter #4

O Queen of the Damned,

Your Illustriousness, in fashion lowly do I supplicate myself afore thee. Deign to absolve of sin the sly transgressor within this soul indentured, and thou wilt discover what perplexes thee so.

Acolytically,
Your Devoted​

Letters from the Fans

Letter #1

Dear infinit777,

The fuck did you just allege of me, you Thin-blood Fledgling? I'll have you know that I was Embraced zeroth among the Antediluvians, so many epochs ago that the written word hadn't been invented yet, numbers were a myth, the Enochians forgot I was theirs and Lilith herself might as well have Sired me if she hadn't met Caine first. I've dulled my fangs on untold moonlit battlefields, and I have over 300 confirmed Diablerized. I taught the Camarilla how to Masquerade and I'm the top Blood Hunter in the entire thirteen Clans. You are nothing to me but just another kine. I will Beast you the fuck out with Wassail the likes of which has never been witnessed before by vampires of this World of Darkness, mark my fucking words. Have you truly placed faith in the notion that you can escape my unholy wrath after uttering such sacrilicious filth to my cyber-form presence? Don't even BELIEVE that, fucker. As we speak, I am conspiring with my secret cabal of Blood-bonded Thralls across the global Kindred population and your soul is being telepathically Auspiced right now so you better prepare for Gehenna, Childe. The awakening that turns the pathetic supernature you call your unlife. You're fucking Finally Dead, Kindred. I can wake up anywhere, anytime, and I can Diablerize you in over seventeen hundred ways, and that's just with my teeth. Not only am I extensively versed in vampiric sorcery, but I am learned in the entire array of Disciplines of the Kindred Clans and I will harness them in their full abyssal fury to hex your mystical ass off the coil of biological immortality, you astral shit. If only you could have known what diabolical Reckoning your petty "clever" quip was about to unleash upon you, maybe you would have bit your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't and now you're praying I won't arise from my sarcophagus, you damned fool. I will bleed fire all over you and you will bathe in heat. You're fucking undead, Childe.

Best regards,
The Author​

Letters from the Fans

Letter #1

Dear Hobohodo,

I am heartbroken to hear you find my work is not up to par. Any feedback you may proffer would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
The Author

Letter #2

Dear Timeaisis,

Pity, I never started reading you!

Love,
The Author​

He does threaten to do something to infinit777 though...

Also, look at these early D4 reactions to finding out Blarg was still alive.

Well.

I'm assuming this means either there's a poison doctor, or Blarg was never poisoned. Also, sorry I missed the vote yesterday. I had intended to vote CM but by the time I remembered it was already past 5.

well of course Blarg was lying about being poisoned.

I don't even know why I entertained that notion.

vote: Blargonaut

I don't think anything Blarg said D3 has transpired, so:

VOTE: Blargonaut

I'll wait for Blargonaut to explain himself before doing anything hasty.

I'm sure Blarg has a helluva excuse for lying? I'm not feeling too good about Batsnacks either.

okay in a world where blarg was poisoned, town, and had a redirection power the correct thing to do would be to claim everything because there is a chance that he could have redirected investigative roles and town would need to know that before he died.

He was really trying to get me and Swamped to comment about the supposed redirecting powers yesterday, kept saying that he KNEW that we had powers and got frustrated that we were ignoring him. Now that we know he's lying this looks like he was fishing for role info. He actually got Swamped to bite and she commented that she didn't have any powers that could be redirected.

... Of course he made it up. If this wasn't Blarg, I'd be doing this with 100% certainty, but there's a chance he's trying to outstupid his Mafia claim as the Seer in the Star Wars game.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Assuming Blarg's just Blarging again, which one(s) of your Superman-tier powerset did you use last night?

Vote: Blargonaut

Reasoning: everything that just went down, i even called him out on it before yet it still happened. He didn't even take the time to come up with a good excuse.

Other people i am weary of: Mazre, Zubz.

Guys we really cant waste this on a town again... if so we lose voting power. Hell we already lost voting power. now if people follow the bandwagon they are most likely following scums lead.

That being said, if anyone has a reason for me not to vote blarg I will listen. I don't want to make a mistake.

So last day phase I posted about the only reason I could see for Blarg to lie was if he had some action that he needed/wanted to perform on Night 3 that made this whole gambit worthwhile. It would appear he hasn't fulfilled any potential neutral win conditions so now I want answers.

Vote: Blargonaut

What was the point of the gambit Blarg? Did you achieve what you wanted?

I was hoping coming back today and Blarg would have a good long explanation.
I guess not.

First thing I'm curious about is how much of Blarg's story is a lie. We can't really tell if any of his blocking/switching stuff is true (without anyone admitting to having a power role), so to me it feels like he was simply trying to get those he claimed to have used his power on to admit to having a power. Pretty much just role fishing.

In regards to the poison stuff there have now been three night phases. Nobody claimed to have been poisoned on day 2, and so far no one has come forth today.

I may just be falling for his bluff, but I honestly felt that Blarg was telling the truth about being poisoned at the time. I don't think I've ever seen him drop a gimmick of his so quickly as he did when he realized his time in the game was short. If he actually has been poisoned (which again, seems to not be the case), maybe what ever notification he got wasn't clear on when it would kill him? If Blarg is scum, it could explain the blatant role fishing. "I know I'm going to die, so let me get as much info as I can from town."

I think the reason he hasn't been voted out yet, at least to me, is that this feels too easy. I'll probably put my vote on him, but we still have some time left to figure things out.

One of these posts is not like the other.

I'm Smiling Jack, I am the doctor. I am an anarchist and use tricks to divert a night kill away from the person I'm targeting.

tFqGoPG.png

^ that's me

n1 hobo
n2 fat
n3 swamped
n4 fat

I picked hobo n1 because of his cool thought map thing. I thought that was a great contribution and expected him to be night killed for it. We now know that Mazre redirected me to Trigger that night.

I picked fat n2 because fat posts a lot.

I picked swamped n3 because I thought CM's death cleared her, also I thought she might be the cop because she's basically the only one who correctly guessed CM's alignment.

I picked fat n4 because mafia has been killing active players, even though I figured after my soft claim at the end of day 4 that mafia would be role blocking me.

I know I was roleblocked because obviously Swamped died even though I was protecting, also zubz information confirms that I was locked down that night. I was conflicted and confused about blarg/mazre's claim because they lied about redirecting me to swamped.

There is no way I could have known that zubz was telling the truth unless I was indeed roleblocked. I soft claimed at the end of yesterday to prove that zubz's info was accurate and that I am town. The role blocker is obviously mafia and my role now is useless.

I have been as post-y/solve-y/a few people have said aggressive because that's how I play as ordinary town. I wanted to look like all I had were my posts and my vote so that mafia wouldn't think I had abilities that could solve the game for me.

I just want to make sure I'm reading this right. You're saying you were role blocked on N3 correct? The same night that Zubz was blocked?

I think you might be off on this a bit, Dusk. Blarg was keeping up his author persona for D1 and D2, it wasn't until D3 that he switched gears and claimed that he was poisoned.

No one claimed being poisoned on D2, so it's possibly that a N1 poisoning was blocked, but the N2 poisoning most likely hit Blarg then. Not really sure Christina fits into this.

I'm thinking the poisoning might be one-shot? Either that, or over the course of 4 nights they've only managed to actually poison one person? The poison seems to take time to kill, so maybe they did manage to poison someone who was then lynched/killed before the poison could take them. Doesn't really explain why none of them said anything though.

First of all I haven't been poisoned.

I feel that for this to be true we have to jump to a number of conclusions. The biggest issue for me is your thoughts regarding Blarg. It would require use to believe that Blarg claimed to be poisoned even though he didn't know there was a poisoner in the game AND then by coincidence there was a poisoner who then thought 'well he claimed it so I guess I will go for him now'. That in its self seems pretty suspect. We then have to assume that Blarg (and by extension Mazre) were still holding back information from us on D4 even as they were dying. If they had actually only just been poisoned on N3 and it did only take one day to go into effect then why not say so?

Just trying to make sense of why no one else has been poisoned is all.

Maybe Trigger is right and it was just a one-shot ability.

Fat4all

Banned
If the poisoner has the ability to poison people and it takes two days to come into play, it's likely there isn't a poison doctor because the poison victim has plenty of time to discuss and debate who might of poisoned them. It seems like a natural counter balance to weed out the eventual poisoner.

But that also makes me think that whoever the poisoner is, they can and have to poisoned several people to "win" their objective. I doubt it's just two people. If that's the case, why isn't someone else poisoned? Were they blocked again somehow?

Maybe Satanic is poisoned and we just don't know yet :/

Fat4all

Banned
unless the poisoner is either town/scum, then who knows.

If the poisoner is scum, then I think we might only have three scum.

That's a lot of death power.

Fat4all

Banned
Oh god, but holy shit!

As much as I think the poisoner would be good to weed out, we really can't afford to focus on them! IF THERE ARE 4 SCUM and we lynch a neutral poisoner today, we will lose as soon as the next day begins.

If there is a poisoner, I think they would be neutral. The only good that can come from chasing down the poisoner right now is if there are only three scum, and that's a bet I really don't think we should take.

I'm setting my poison theories aside for now, tomorrow I'm presenting my scum theories.

zubz wasn't blocked, he received a notification that I was blocked.

Night 3, however... I was blocked for real from investigating Batsnacks. And the flavor text was different; when I tracked Mazre, I was told he did nothing, but when I tracked Batsnacks, I was explicitly told that my tracking didn't go through... And that I had another shot. But I figured I'm this far in, so depending on which one we kill today, Blarg or Mazre are probably going to kill me in the night based on all of my pre-mature "gotchas." Taking down 2 people is all my power should have theoretically done, anyway. Should've saved that Phoenix Wright music for this, really.

I never once asked Batsnacks to roleclaim. That seems to be more your thing as of late, no? I'm asking all other Power Roles to stay quiet, actually; let me do the sacrifice play today because some of you probably have more useful powers (That haven't been blocked). And I never gave Batsnacks an out, either; I was told I was blocked, not anything about Batsnacks.

Besides, don't be so modest, Blarg. Forget boring 'ol Batsnacks and "Hey guys remember his play at the end of D1? Remember that?" Mazre. Out of everyone playing right now, you're our Star Suspect!

Can you explain this batsnacks?

Also, for today we're going to have to target St. Meph.

He has not been hunting, and not even been trying to pretend he's looking for scum.

vote: St. Meph

batsnacks

I misread, I thought zubz was saying he received a notification that I was blocked not the other way around. The implications are the same.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I still keep coming back to the question of why Blargonaut was poisoned on N2. This was back when he was still in his "Author" mode, when he wasn't contributing anything to the conversation and was suspected as scum.

Do we have a mafia poisoner, who knew Blargonaut was capable of more and wanted him out of the game before he could turn on them? If so, why was he not simply NK'd?

Do we have a town poisoner, who suspected that Blargonaut was being evasive to hide his mafiosi status? If so, why was he targeted before he indicated alignment one way or another, particularly following squidyj's post?

Do we have a neutral poisoner, who just didn't care one way or another?

Fat4all, while we do have to vote out scum today, deducing the alignment of our poisoner is a necessary step for us get there. If our poisoner is mafia, then we can determine who they are and lynch them. If our poisoner is town, then the poisoner can claim so we can move on to other targets. If our poisoner is neutral, then we can ignore them for now and hope that the mafia NKs them (since mafia and the poisoner would be at odds with each other).

Dr. Worm

Banned
...Hold on a second.

What of our poisoner is a one-shot? There's no reason that they couldn't have poisoned someone last night. There's nobody to role block them. I'm not entirely convinced that such a role is scum aligned either.

There is someone who could've roleblocked a poisoner.

There is no way I could have known that zubz was telling the truth unless I was indeed roleblocked. I soft claimed at the end of yesterday to prove that zubz's info was accurate and that I am town. The role blocker is obviously mafia and my role now is useless.

If the poisoner is neutral or town, then mafia could have blocked them last night. There's no way for mafia to have blocked them the night before, though, because they were blocking batsnacks. We may be looking at an even numbered-night based poisoner, who, assuming Satanic Saint wasn't poisoned, could very possibly be neutral.

I know we've been focused on the identity of a mafia-aligned poisoner, but from what we can gather now, it seems that focus may have been misplaced.

I have no idea who is scum currently. i have to say i am utterly confused.

I am waiting to make my vote since i don't want to make a bad decision and forget to change it down the road.

batsnacks

I have no idea who is scum currently. i have to say i am utterly confused.

I am waiting to make my vote since i don't want to make a bad decision and forget to change it down the road.
you don't know or you're afraid to point fingers? At this point almost a majority of the people left in the game should be mafia. This should be the easiest day yet to lynch mafia.

batsnacks

unless you're mafia in which this day should be the hardest yet to not get lynched

I feel like every townie should have at least 1 "obvious" pick right now

you don't know or you're afraid to point fingers? At this point almost a majority of the people left in the game should be mafia. This should be the easiest day yet to lynch mafia.

Technically both, I have no idea as my suspicions have been false. So i am trying to rethink everything.

I don't want to point fingers blindly either, i have my suspicions but im not 100% on them. Satanic Saint is one i have suspicions for, but idk if i have enough evidence to convince myself that he is scum.

batsnacks

satanic
meph
trigger
Infint

Most/all of these people are mafia. Like I dare anyone to vouch for a name on that list and say they're town.

Satanic and Meph i would bet the game on. They are always here to vote but never to solve, every day they show up just long enough to put their votes down. This game has been so easy so far for them they are actually lazy about it.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I'm starting to build a theory about who the poisoner might be.

And how's that coming along?

I don't want to point fingers blindly either, i have my suspicions but im not 100% on them. Satanic Saint is one i have suspicions for, but idk if i have enough evidence to convince myself that he is scum.

That's his game - play the bare minimum to avoid having to answer for anything.

Unchecked indecisiveness can and will lose this game for town. Now more than ever, we need to be checking up on people's posts and combing through them. Those who coast need to be cut off.

satanic
meph
trigger
Infint

Most/all of these people are mafia. Like I dare anyone to vouch for a name on that list and say they're town.

Satanic and Meph i would bet the game on. They are always here to vote but never to solve, every day they show up just long enough to put their votes down. This game has been so easy so far for them they are actually lazy about it.

I can vouch for Infinit and I believe 100% that he is town.

everyone else on the list can go to hell xD

StMeph

I'm not mafia, and it would be a pretty terrible idea to lynch me. I'm Vandal Cleaver, Therese's ghoul at the blood bank. I'm a doctor.

My Night actions have been:
N1: squidyj
N2: batsnacks
N3: Blargonaut (did not work to clear poison)
N4: Ynnek7

My picks for scum are Trigger and Satanic Saint, but not sure yet who else.

At this point, I don't think chasing the poisoner matters, either. Either it's one-shot, and doesn't matter, neutral, and doesn't matter, or mafia, and doesn't matter, because we're stuck chasing our tails trying to figure out who poisoned Blarg/Mazre.

batsnacks

I'm not mafia, and it would be a pretty terrible idea to lynch me. I'm Vandal Cleaver, Therese's ghoul at the blood bank. I'm a doctor.

At this point, I don't think chasing the poisoner matters, either. Either it's one-shot, and doesn't matter, neutral, and doesn't matter, or mafia, and doesn't matter, because we're stuck chasing our tails trying to figure out who poisoned Blarg/Mazre.

uh...

VOTE: StMeph

Hobohodo

What made you choose these targets?

StMeph

uh...

VOTE: StMeph

You can lynch me, but it will be clear at the end of the day.

What made you choose these targets?

Day 1 was just a gut read since there wasn't much to go off on.

Day 2 at the time bats was the most active after Gorlak and kept pushing for a Trigger vote

Day 3 was obvious, but I got an answer saying my ability can't clear poison (if he was poisoned)

Day 4 was looking for someone relatively quiet, since that seems to be the only thread for scum night kills, but I don't have a totally firm read on Ynnek

After the Day 3-4 shenanigans we need to untangle ourselves from Blarg's tangential mess.

Dr. Worm

Banned
This reads like mafia whipping out a prepared claim to get town off his back.

You can lynch me, but it will be clear at the end of the day.

Good thing this almost certainly isn't lylo!

Day 4 was looking for someone relatively quiet, since that seems to be the only thread for scum night kills, but I don't have a totally firm read on Ynnek

"Relatively quiet" was your thread? After two nights of talkative townies dying?

Timeaisis was relatively quiet, sure. He died last Night, the same Night you supposedly identified that as your common thread between victims. That only makes sense if you knew the mafia target in advance, which means you're either mafia or a time traveler who still can't save the right person.

After the Day 3-4 shenanigans we need to untangle ourselves from Blarg's tangential mess.

It seems to me like you want town to abandon the only information we have to solve the rest of the game and force us into a 50/50 between yourself and batsnacks.

This Vandal Cleaver?

wiki said:
Despite being Voerman's ghoul, Cleaver hates his regnant, going so far as to nickname her the "Queen Bitch". His hatred of her is not just directed towards her position as his master, but also her vampiric nature. Cleaver appears to hate vampires, stating that he only became a ghoul because he fell for the charms of a vampire, presumably Therese. He also states that "he doesn't do dead chicks".

Dr. Worm

Banned
Yesterday, after Blargonaut posted that we might end up in lylo today and we'd need to determine the real cop from mafia's fake claim, you went fishing for a cop claim, even though you shouldn't have known at that point that Zubz would flip town.

It would be useful if the Investigator claimed at this point and revealed what/who they've been looking into.

When it came to vote, though, you went with Zubz.

So...
1) Blarg/Mazre are poisoned: they die today
2) Blarg/Mazre are poisoned and lynched: they die today
3) Blarg/Mazre are not poisoned: they die tomorrow and Mafia probably gains an advantage by lynching one more Town

I suppose the issue of option #2 is that we gain no extra information if Blarg, Mazre, or Blarg-Mazre turn out to be Town.

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

VOTE: Zubz

Why? Because you knew that you and your scumbuddies could join town in piling on a townie to pull of three kills and we'd be in lylo today, and you wanted to tease out the existence of a cop beforehand so you'd know whether or not to claim going into today.

You justified your vote by saying you wanted information, and now in your last post, you suggest ignoring that information? Looks like Blarg was at least partially right.

So, Town, indicated by how Mafia handled the issue of moi, it's certain that you're dealing with quite a cautious Mafia team here. They know how to handle themselves, spread their votes around while keeping their heads down. Reading the past few Days over, thread activity has been a perfect Mafia-conducive storm of silence, empty suggestions and Daily symbolic pushes for dialogue that look 'Town Leader'-y per Day. If they're considered in the context of other Days, these posts lack a continuing narrative. NOTHING carries over from one Day to the next; what does that tell you?

It means that these players are BULLSHITTING you on a per-Day basis (btw, only I am allowed to use the word 'bullshit' and all its forms in [Mafia] gameplay, Dusk Soldier, cease and desist immediately). As soon as one Day's over, their reactions to the recently dead are basically a collective "Oh well" and then they move on to feeding you a fresh batch of BULLSHIT pulled out of their ass just for the new Day. All prior connections severed. And you know who has the most to gain from doing shit like this?

MAFIA DO

If I would hazard a guess, based on scrutinizing their post activity with search for narrative (or lack thereof) in mind, I'd say that--

Timeaisis
StMeph
Trigger
Zubz
batsnacks

--are your dastardly cabal of Mafia conspirators. I'd put Dr. Worm in that pool too, because of how suspiciously competent he is, and also because of his terrible last vote Yesterday on CM, defending none other than Zubz while he did it.

StMeph

This Vandal Cleaver?

Yes, that Vandal, and no, his disdain for vampires is not lost on me.

That seems an oddly specific message.

I think Topo just didn't want to confirm or deny the poison in PM if I couldn't do anything about it.

Yesterday, after Blargonaut posted that we might end up in lylo today and we'd need to determine the real cop from mafia's fake claim, you went fishing for a cop claim, even though you shouldn't have known at that point that Zubz would flip town.

When it came to vote, though, you went with Zubz.

Why? Because you knew that you and your scumbuddies could join town in piling on a townie to pull of three kills and we'd be in lylo today, and you wanted to tease out the existence of a cop beforehand so you'd know whether or not to claim going into today.

You justified your vote by saying you wanted information, and now in your last post, you suggest ignoring that information? Looks like Blarg was at least partially right.

It came down to Zubz or Blarg, and Blarg seemed to contain a kernel of truth even though he lied about some things. Zubz just never made his case effectively.

I'm saying to forget about the poison because it doesn't matter who the poisoner was in the current predicament, especially if that role is Neutral. If you discover who it is and can't tell the difference between Mafia or Neutral, it's still going to be a 50-50 bet in LYLO.

I'm saying to roll things back to Day 1 and Day 2 before Blarg sidetracked the whole thing.

Dr. Worm

Banned
It came down to Zubz or Blarg, and Blarg seemed to contain a kernel of truth even though he lied about some things. Zubz just never made his case effectively.

Are you missing the point intentionally? I'll spell it out in case you're not, and for the benefit of everyone else who might not be getting it.

There was zero reason to call for a cop claim at that point in the game, because town did not know that Zubz would flip town and today would be lylo. Mafia knew Zubz would flip town, though, and they knew today would be lylo - if not at the beginning of the Day, then certainly after Blarg established the possibilities for everyone.

From that point, it of course made sense for you to vote for Zubz. Mazre and Blargonaut started the wagon, and you piled on to get the lylo today so you could 50/50.

I'm saying to forget about the poison because it doesn't matter who the poisoner was in the current predicament, especially if that role is Neutral. If you discover who it is and can't tell the difference between Mafia or Neutral, it's still going to be a 50-50 bet in LYLO.

It completely matters if we can determine one way or another what their alignment is.

You just don't want town to have that conversation, because it's a distraction compared to the 50/50 you're forcing down our throats.

I'm saying to roll things back to Day 1 and Day 2 before Blarg sidetracked the whole thing.

What is there to glean from D1 and D2, then? Swamped, CM, Zubz, Mazre, Gorlak, squidyj, and MickD have already had their plotlines resolved. Spoiler alert: they're all a pile of dead townies. The loose ends have been tied up.

Of course, there's nothing there. There's no other conversation to have. You know that.

batsnacks

Are you guys serious? StMeph just claimed mafia this isn't even a decision. Voting StMeph doesn't even get you town cred at this point.

Pretend you're a town doctor for 1 min., would you have ever done this?

StMeph has played the easy game as mafia since the very first day of course they are defaulting to a bad counter claim in this position. StMeph has avoided solving all game, only participating enough to vote easy targets.

remember lynch down the list? this isn't playing mafia, this is avoiding playing mafia.
We should just lynch down the list alphabetically. It's already effectively randomly distributed, so there's no way the method could be worse than anything else on Day One.
VOTE: Gorlak

Constant vote shifting seems like fishing/trying to make shit stick and see who bandwagons to pile on someone.
Blarg -- are you really poisoned? When would you die?

We should try to stack a majority on Christina and see how that flips.
So...
1) Blarg/Mazre are poisoned: they die today
2) Blarg/Mazre are poisoned and lynched: they die today
3) Blarg/Mazre are not poisoned: they die tomorrow and Mafia probably gains an advantage by lynching one more Town

I suppose the issue of option #2 is that we gain no extra information if Blarg, Mazre, or Blarg-Mazre turn out to be Town.

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

VOTE: Zubz

every day, shows up to hop on a bandwagon never any original input.

Fat4all

Banned
Ever since day two I've been conflicted. One of my biggest worries this game was that the scum were laying low and practically doing nothing while town consumed itself. It seems in hindsight that my fears were justified.

Satanic Saint
Trigger
StMeph

3 low-activity posters, 3 scum lying low this whole game. Some days you were lucky to get a single post out of a few of them. StMeph, the most active of them, has about as many posts as Hobohodo but has contributed shocking little until today's doctor claim. Not nearly as much probing or deducting. Half-hearted reads. And finally, at the risk of getting pinned down by Dr. Worms or Dusk, claims doctor almost right after batsnacks, one of the most divisive players of the game. That forces us into a situation where we have to wager bats vs StMeph. StMeph is waging they will easily survive against bats, someone who has been considered for possible scum by many players since the end of day one.

Turning away from StMeph for a bit, it's obvious now that Satanic Saint made their claim feint day one on purpose. It artificially made Satanic a part of several conversations going forward without Satanic actually having to get too involved, and planted in the backs of peoples mind the possibility that they were town that accidentally claimed early. Instead, it was a scum who made a bet that paid off. They were easily lost in the shuffle moving forward into the game.

Note: I don't think there are only three scum in the game, I think there are four. But I'm not sure who it might be. One could think it's bats, but StMeph putting themselves head to head with bats makes me thing scum only kept bats around to easily throw away later when needing an easy lynch.

Top Bottom