• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vancouver-Age Meetup V. 2 - The Freeze is Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberty4all

Banned
Calling it now that Surrey won't work .... Nobody from downtown or Richmond who relies on transit will come, and even inner burb like Burnaby it's likely a no.

Gotta be on the Skytrain line and 30 min max travel time whether walking from downtown or skytraining from Richmond or Burnaby. I've only been here a couple months but I can see "meet in the outer burbs" means nobody will show. It's hard enough getting people not to flake out even WHEN the event is convienient to the majority of folks.

In Toronto GAF Meetups it's just accepted that it's happening in the core ...

With all that said, I vote ANY place with better food and ideally a similar large table/space to chill.

Firestorm

Yeah Vancouver is honestly best due to being central for both lines. Central City isn't actually hard to get to though for Vancouver / Burnaby / New West. It's the pub right at the mall beside the Skytrain station. No bus required. It's as far as I'm willing to go in Surrey.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Did you guys manage to get a big group pic? Hope you all had fun.

Yup. This wasn't everyone though.

X0bzdVY.jpg

Yeah Vancouver is honestly best due to being central for both lines. Central City isn't actually hard to get to though for Vancouver / Burnaby / New West. It's the pub right at the mall beside the Skytrain station. No bus required. It's as far as I'm willing to go in Surrey.
Oh. This isn't Central City on Beatty between Robson and Smithe?

Cause that would be in Downtown and 5 min walks from Stadium Chinatown and Yaletown Roundhouse.

Firestorm

Oh. This isn't Central City on Beatty between Robson and Smithe?

Cause that would be in Downtown and 5 min walks from Stadium Chinatown and Yaletown Roundhouse.
I actually didn't realize they'd opened up a location there. I'd been to the Surrey one because it was attached to the same building that SFU Surrey is in which was my primary campus during university. They brew the beer at the same Surrey location. It's cool to see them expanding!

Blues1990

Hey, I'm always down to chat.

Thank you for the offer, but I would rather have a face-to-face interaction than communicating through PM's or texting. I do enough of that with looking for work in the animation industry (through cellphone calls and email), and I don't want all of my social interactions to be just that.

RC

Banned
Maybe have it outside DT next time? Somewhere on Main.
The Five Point's great. Best ceaser's in town.

Firestorm

Anywhere not walking distance from a Skytrain is a pretty poor location for people coming from further away. Downtown works best for catering to people from Surrey, Richmond, etc.

MutFox

Banned
Let's just do Malone's for the next one.
It's right downtown.

That way it's easy for everyone.

Plus maybe the people that say they're going will actually go.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Thank you for the offer, but I would rather have a face-to-face interaction than communicating through PM's or texting. I do enough of that with looking for work in the animation industry (through cellphone calls and email), and I don't want all of my social interactions to be just that.

Send me a PM and we'll do coffee or something.

Wait what... The meet up we just had last weekend was on Main.. outside of downtown.

Or am I confused on what you are wanting...?

I'm okay for Malone's in February. Caps play vs Stars that night so maybe I can get a TV on that :p

Also Malone's is a 2-3 minute walk from my place in the Financial District. I'm okay with that ! :p

Firestorm

When referring to Main people usually refer to the part on the other side of the bridge. Lots of nice bars and shops. It is our hipster-est part of the city. We were more in Chinatown. Right by Phnom Penh which is awesome!

In for Malone's. Let's stick to it. Not sure on that weekend as it depends on if Pokemon Oregon Regionals is that weekend or not. If so I'd be out of town.

MutFox

Banned
If the Leafs win again, it most certainly will.

The measuring stick for a bad team is if the Leafs beat you.
We're a bad team right now. :(

I'm in for Malone's, I'll make sure I'm not on call so I can drink my face off with you guys.

Is Malone's that place that's right by the waterfront?

I hope it's the place i'm thinking of.. they make a good Pimm's Cup.

mmmm

MutFox

Banned
I'm in for a Surrey meetup, I live right down the street from central city brew pub. Surrey really isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Vancouver is more central for everyone...

Don't Surrey people know about transit?
Or are they trying to lure us in for the kill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom