• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vancouver-Age Meetup V. 2 - The Freeze is Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberty4all

Banned
I've given up talking too fucking loud and my ears are ringinggggg

Edit: Turtle is loud :D
Edit 2: That poutine looked nasstyy. My Sheppard's pie was microwaved though so I feel you man.

MutFox

Banned
Good times peeps, we should do it again.
I'll make sure to find a parking lot that doesn't close at 7pm... :|

I won't be sick next time.
Plus I was on call today for work, so I couldn't really drink anyways. ;P
(If I'm not on call next time, I'll use transit.)

Liberty4all

Banned
I liked the space and atmosphere there but the food ... Terrible food. I didn't know it was possible to fuck up bar food that badly :(

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Hadn't committed yet (probably wouldn't have anyway considering i was busy) but damn this was today? I'll try to go the next one when it gets planned.

Also considering how crappy actual food was in London, The London Pub would have been a no deal for me.

Whoever drank two lagers and whose bill I paid for (cause I know for a fact I only drank one), you owe me a drink

Srsly

I don't forget when it comes to alcohol

Srsly bro

Srsly

Good seeing you all. My tab was good. I had my beers and all the shots so not sure where the extra Lagers were from. I also ordered from the bar with the exception of the shots.

I agree the place wasn't great. The service was god awful.

Yeah, we need another spot next time.
We should start choosing now, or it's gonna be London again next year. :p

That sucks.
Sure they'll pay for it next time. :p

Uh... Malone's? Down near Water Front Stn. Never been, but my classmates dig it.

There are probably like 400 pubs within three square kilometers of that area. Lol.

White Rock tho.

Home of the old. Home of the brave.

You can make the trek to Surrey, city of the Future.

Yep, terrible, the small girl at the start was probably the worst waitress I've had in a while. :|

Gorgeous as hell though.

Though like three feet tall. Lulz.

Firestorm

Agreed on the place because we never have an idea of how many people will show up and we knew there would likely be space for us to take up regardless of what the final tally was. I think the place is pretty decent in that regard.

Service turned to shit once our original server left. Food was bad though at least they couldn't mess up the nachos. Happy Hour beers were solid and cheap. Sorry that happened Wrench. My tab seemed correct.

I'm just messing around

It's better that three bucks go into booze than my growing addiction of the Nintendo badge arcade

Also you guys who brought your 3dses, totally useless. I didn't get any puzzle pieces. Are you guys even trying.

Can't believe y'all actually pulled out a DS lol

img_20151114_170117074us3f.jpg

trifelife

Yeah, I suddenly want to play Rise of the Tomb Raider™ exclusively on Xbox One. Weird huh?

Canucks vs. Leafs February 14th 4:00 PM. If you're really bout that life, you'll be at Malones. #BreakTheStreak

Shaanyboi

Banned
Uh... Malone's? Down near Water Front Stn. Never been, but my classmates dig it.

There are probably like 400 pubs within three square kilometers of that area. Lol.

Malone's is fine. I was there like a month ago. Haven't eaten there in a while, and the drinks aren't spectacular, but there's far more space and it's alot comfier.

Saturday

I regret bringing my 3DS.

Not because, you know, because bringing a video game system to a social gathering is a bit awkward and subtly betrays the actual purpose of hanging out outside a video game-oriented forum.

No, it was that stupid diamond trust of london game, which despite being given to me for free, still feels as if I spent too much on it. In what currency, if not money? time? sanity? who fuckin' knows.

Not because, you know, because bringing a video game system to a social gathering is a bit awkward and subtly betrays the actual purpose of hanging out outside a video game-oriented forum.

No, it was that stupid diamond trust of london game, which despite being given to me for free, still feels as if I spent too much on it. In what currency, if not money? time? sanity? who fuckin' knows.

It cost you that which was most precious and gave you nothing but the taste of ash in your mouth.

Shaanyboi

Banned

tumblr_inline_nome4nLGcB1sj3fac_500.gif

You can hide your face

But we were all there

There were witnesses

Tabris

I totally forgot about this, didn't even watch the game or log on GAF for the last couple of days. I was playing Fallout 4 until my friend calls me and tells me they got done at Lamplighter and wanted to come up, which I thought was weird due to the time, I look up to my clock and it's almost midnight. Somehow like 8hrs went by in what I thought was like 3hrs lol That game is addicting. It's like The Walking Dead meets Skyrim meets The Sims ^_^;

I missed the location selection too. No way would I have wanted to go to the London Pub lol Pick a better place next time!

So aftermath, guys. How was it?

I totally forgot about this, didn't even watch the game or log on GAF for the last couple of days. I was playing Fallout 4 until my friend calls me and tells me they got done at Lamplighter and wanted to come up, which I thought was weird due to the time, I look up to my clock and it's almost midnight. Somehow like 8hrs went by in what I thought was like 3hrs lol That game is addicting. It's like The Walking Dead meets Skyrim meets The Sims ^_^;

I missed the location selection too. No way would I have wanted to go to the London Pub lol Pick a better place next time!

Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom