• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vape Nation |OT| Let's quit cigarettes together

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'm incredibly thankful for vaping becoming a much more widespread phenomenon, as more people are being exposed to much better alternatives than smoking.

Let's hit some major FAQs right out the gate:

Is vaping safer than smoking cigarettes
With the research we have at this time, yes, it is generally accepted that vaping is considerably safer than cigarettes.

What about that popcorn lung thing that I've heard about
The substance that is associated with the popcorn lung myth is diacetyl. This can be found in certain flavorings. While diacetyl inhalation is absolutely associated with respiratory ailments, it should be noted that the amount of diacetyl found in cigarettes is SUBSTANTIALLY higher. Like 500+ times higher. If you're worried about vaping because of popcorn lung, but you smoke...you should know that you're DRAMATICALLY safer vaping when it comes to diacetyl inhalation.

You can also find liquids for vaping that have absolutely no diacetyl contained in them if you want to be even safer about this issue.

This is purely a myth. Summary of this situation can be found here.

Is vaping safe in general
You are inhaling nicotine into your lungs, along with a couple other substances (traditionally the flavoring, and some combination of vegetable glycerin and/or propelyne glycol). While these ingredients have been deemed safe for consumption in other products by the FDA, you are inhaling them vs. ingesting them. Never consider vaping a SAFE activity. Think of it as a SAFER activity than smoking (as far as we know at this point and time).

Vaping makes you look like a douche, or the products are huge and bulky, and the community is full of fucking weirdos
There is definitely a stigma associated with vaping, however this is dramatically less true today than it was even a year ago.

You should know that there are a vast vast array of products that enable you to vape, and these all come in various sizes. You DO NOT need to carry around this huge tank to vape. You DO NOT need to deal with buying liquids in dropper bottles, buying coils, researching how ohms and watts and amps affect the output of the devices.

With the fairly recent popularity of pod systems, you can have extremely portable and easy to use vape products that fit into the small 5th pocket of your jeans and buy more pre-filled liquid pods at your local gas station or convenience store. And save a fuckload of money in the process.

You can buy products that look like USB memory sticks and easily fit in your pocket and don't leak (Juul, Rubi, Bo, Phix, Infinix)
You can buy products that are different shapes and easily fit in your pocket and don't leak (Air, Drop, Badge, Stealth, Breeze)

...there are no shortage of options that all come with various pros and cons.

Do people who smoke cigarettes judge people who vape? Sure, it's going to happen in some circles. But switching to vaping is about YOUR health.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

So with that out of the way.

Feel free to talk about your experience vaping, ask questions about vaping or vaping products, post vaping memes...whatever suits your fancy.

Last edited:
I quit smoking as eCigs came into existence but I did it the old fashioned way and never switched over. I do smoke weed though and have switched over to shatter/oil vaping and it feels better. When I switch back to flower after time the smoke kills my lungs!

lil puff

I will probably be switching soon. We pay $15-16 for a pack here. Even though I'm not a heavy smoker it still adds up.

But screw cigarette smokers that judge people that vape. I did not know they existed. They should get a life.

RubxQub

That's one of the cool side effects of switching to a vape product (regardless of what you were previously smoking), for sure. off duty ninja off duty ninja

For me, when I have tried smoking a cigarette after vaping for even a couple weeks, the cigarette tastes like ass. The smoke doesn't feel good. Everything about the experience feels like crap.

I remember spending so much time finding the brand of cigarettes I liked, and really enjoying the taste and the smoke and the throat hit...and within a couple weeks of transitioning to vape products, I just couldn't even get myself to enjoy them anymore. I'd have to go really out of my way to find joy in smoking cigarettes ever again at this point, and I like that.

I've definitely had friends use pot oils before, and I'd imagine that's a pretty similar effect. Can't lie and say I'm curious about trying them.

Last edited:
Switched over to vaping about 3 years ago. My only regret is that since quitting cigarettes my sense of smell came back and everything stinks and food tastes different now.

klosos

I've been Vaping ( lol i hate that term its so San Francisco hipster ) for about 3 years now , no more chesty coughs , no more nicotine stained finger , smelly clothes . i also believe its brought some of my taste buds back but that might just be a mental thing. Overall i feel much more healthier with ECigs.

Also the money you save is a great bonus as well , i used to spend £25 pound a week at least smoking now after switching to eCigs i spend about £50 every 2-3 months on e liquid (after initial layout for the setup £50 or so )

If anyone is needing a good online store for cheap good quality e liquid in Britain try onepoundeliquid, i mostly smoke menthol or double menthol and they do the trick.

as a great politician said but i cant remember there name " what have you got to lose"

NickFire

I'm a huge fan of Halo Tribecca. Word to the wise - try shopping online exclusively during B1G1. Right now with 100ml bottles included in those sales I am down to around $5 for 30ml. Just stock up when the sales are going on, most of which include free shipping as well.

lifa-cobex

I smoked for around 8 odd years and switch to vaping a few years back in aid to get off the fags.
I'm asthmatic (very stupid i know but that's peer pressure for you) so I needed to stop smoking quick. It took me about three days to go completely to e-cig and feel a million times better.

I started running last year which is something I defiantly could not do years back.
The best thing is you can slowly work down the nicotine levels without really noticing.

E-cigs are a fantastic way to cut down and stopping completely.

RubxQub

I was hard on the Juul train for awhile lately, but recently am researching/trying alternatives now that I'm trying to be more budget conscious.

I've tried the Suorin Drop, but I find that pulls on them are insanely inconsistent (and I have two of them).

I just ordered the Kandypen Rubi as I've been reading up on the build quality and it seems like it should a really nice little device in a form factor I prefer...only thing concerning me is that it sounds like the airflow is a lot more open on it vs. other products, so I'm curious how it'll feel to pull on it.

I'm still taking in a shitton of nicotine (sticking around 40+ mg for my salt liquids), so overtime I'll possibly look into reducing that.

Last edited:

Sakura

Does Iqos count as a vape?
Thing I hate most about cigarettes is the smell that sticks to your hands/clothes etc.

RubxQub

I never even heard of the iQOS before and just read this.

Pretty interesting alternative product. I don't know if "it counts" as vaping or not, but it's certainly a viable discussion to have in this thread about the device and it's merits.

What made you turn to the iQOS over other products? How do you like it?

Sakura

I live in Japan and the iQOS is very popular here. It was my first smoking device.
Personally, my main reason I never wanted to smoke, was because of what it does to the way you look. Your hands, teeth, etc. And also the prohibitive cost (in Canada it was like 10 bucks a pack. No idea how much it is now.) Anyway, smoking is pretty big in Japan still, the advertising is that it is only 10% as bad, and there is no cigarette smoke being inhaled because the sticks are just heated, not burned. Add to that a pack of smokes here is 460 yen, and I guess I got caught up in it and decided to give it a try.
I used it for a little over a year, but wanted to quit because at the end of the day it still costs money, and the girl I was interested in didn't seem to like smokers. So I threw it out. Unfortunately though, I couldn't quit so I ended up just smoking regular cigarettes instead. I didn't like the way they made me feel though. I'm sure smokers know what I mean, but like when you are out drinking and smoke a bunch, and wake up the next day and have that sort of gross feeling in your mouth. The smell sticks to your hands and clothes as well, and I couldn't smoke inside my home because I don't want the smell sticking to everything and yellowing up my walls, electronics etc.
So eventually, I went back to electronic cigarettes. I figured if I'm gonna smoke, it may as well be something not as bad for me. This time, I purchased a device called Glo, which was a device newer than the iQOS, but operates on the same principle. It is real tobacco sticks, you put them in the thing, and heat it up and voila. Unfortunately, it broke on me after around only 5 months, so I bought an iQOS again which I have been using since last month. I did purchase a vape in February of this year to try getting the smoking sensation thinking it would help me quit, but unfortunately it didn't give me the feeling in the back of my throat I'm looking for. I imagine this is because there is no nicotine (I don't think it is legal to sell liquids with nicotine in them in Japan).

Any way, to talk about the products themselves a bit... the iQOS uses stubby cigarettes they call heat sticks. Inside the 'holder' (the device that heats the stick to smoke) is a blade. You basically stab the heat stick into the blade, the blade heats up the tabacco leaves, and that is how you smoke. One problem with it, is you kind of have to line up the direction of the tobacco sheets so the blade will fit in properly, if you don't, you'll find it difficult to get the heat stick in, often resulting in the heat stick breaking in half, or you not getting a very good smoke. The device also requires frequent heating. As of this Friday, there will be 7 flavours available where I am, and an additional 2 that are only aquirable at an iQOS store or online or something like that. The 7 flavours are Regular, Smooth Regular, Balanced Regular, Menthol, Mint, Purple Menthol, and Yellow Menthol.
Another thing I don't like, is that you don't actually know what the strength of a heat stick is (this applies for the other ecig devices as well). As an example of what I mean, for the brand Mevius, there is 10mg, 8mg, 6mg, 3mg, 1mg, and also menthol flavours in 8/5/1. So I know that say 1mg might be too weak for me, while 10mg might be too strong. But for the ecig devices they don't have this information. So I couldn't work my way down, because I don't know what is weaker or not.
The smell of the 'smoke' isn't that great, but it doesn't linger or stick to things so it's not a big deal. The flavour as well can take some getting used to if you are accustomed to regular smokes.

One huge benefit to me over traditional smokes, is there is no mess. You don't have to worry about ash. You don't have cigarette smell on your clothes or in your house. If you were never seen using it, nobody would ever know you smoke.
I feel like I am healthier using this over cigarettes, but honestly I have no idea, it could be just as bad. But you aren't inhaling smoke, which has to be a plus to me.

RubxQub

That's an interesting concept for sure, I'd definitely never heard of it, but I can see the appeal of it.

It also sounds like the vape situation in Japan is pretty vastly different. Liquids sold at least in the US are always labeled with their nicotine content and you can buy anywhere from 0mg to 50mg. And the throat hit you're talking about can come from certain flavors as well as the nicotine content, so I'd say if there's ever a way to get your hands on some liquid where you can tell how much nicotine is in there, you may get that throat hit you're looking for.

In general there are Salt Nicotine liquids which generally come with much higher nicotine content than traditional liquids, and are usually a solid go-to for throat hit (with the right device).

Sounds like it is a healthier alternative as well, so totally valid to talk about in here.

I really appreciate you taking the time to type all that up, I learned something :)

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
how does dry herb vaping compare to the liquid extracts ?
worse or basically the same?

Seems anything that moves way from inhailing all the toxins from combustion would be a step in the right direction

Mr Hyde

I quit smoking 5 years ago through sheer will and determination (and the fact that I broke my back and had to quit due to it being bad for my rehabilitation). I have never understood these substitutes as a way to quit, it just seems like a cop out, but if it improves your health and keeps you motivated to stop with the cigarettes I´m all for it. The decision to quit smoking is one of the best things I´ve ever done in my life. I feel so much healthier now and my sense of smell is much better. It has also improved my economy. I´m also quite certain that I have to have zero tolerance against cigarettes for the remainder of my life. Smoking just one tiny cigarette would definitely make me fall off the wagon. I believe in you GAF!

I haven't smoked a cig once in my life. I did recently start casually vaping CBD. Going to follow this thread just to expand knowledge on vaping.

RubxQub

What's everyone think about younger kids getting into the Juul? For people who don't know, the Juul is becoming kind of fad amongst kids to get buzzed.

On one hand, I feel like if kids are messing around with the Juul instead of cigarettes, that's a plus. It's still a bad decision, but if they WERE going to start messing around with this kind of product, I'd prefer it to be a vape over a cigarette. Kids are naturally curious, of course.

On the other hand... the ease of access to something like a Juul (you'll see people talking about buying these off eBay to get around age verification, I'm sure they get them elsewhere as well), and the strong nicotine content of the Juul I'd imagine kids who start messing around with this "to get a buzz" are more likely to get addicted to the Juul.

Kind of a frustrating side effect of these products getting this kind of widespread availability and being smaller means kids will find a way to get them, much easier than they could cigarettes.

lil puff

I don't like it Rubx. I had to have a sit down with some young ones in my family that already though these were cool to do.

No habit is good imo. I see these as a way to get off cigs, and not as a way to lightly introduce people in.

I also hate they way the stores look like candy stores, you can't help but to stop and look at all the flavours in the windows. That said. I almost considered buying a kit on the spot, but I thought i would maybe look at this thread a bit closer :)

RubxQub

I'd definitely recommend just dodging those vape stores all together and just going to your local gas station and picking up a Juul if you're interested in switching.

It's a stupid simple little device, the flavors are decent (Cool Mint, Classic Menthol and Virginia Tabacco were my 3 go-tos), you can get them basically anywhere. It's really a quality product.

If you enjoy that, then you could start opening up your horizons. Juuling is definitely less expensive than cigarettes...but it's more expensive than buying your own juices and filling up other open system pod devices.

Definitely willing to help you out if you're looking to make the switch!

lil puff

I appreiate you RubxQub RubxQub .

I can get a Juul easily.
But all the flavors and colors and options look so good!

I will definitely need your and everyone elses help.

RubxQub

• Crem Brulee and Fruit Medley are generally accepted to be fairly poor flavors (but some people do like them... I personally don't really like them much).
  • Classic Tobacco feels really dry to me and I have a hard time even finishing them.
  • Mango and Cool Mint are the two staples of the Juul lineup, just about everyone universally likes them.
  • Cool cucumber is kind of meh. I tastes like you're vaping cucumber water but not really in an even good way. Worth trying to see if you like it.
  • Virginia Tobacco tastes a lot like a traditional cigarette, but has a sweetness to it that makes it pretty solid.
  • Classic Menthol is a really good menthol flavor to me. Like a harsher cooling sensation.
If you buy the starter kit it comes with Crem Brulee/Cool Mint/Virginia Tobacco/Fruit Medley so you could always start there to get a feel for at least half of the flavors.

The starter kits are about $20-30 most places, and each pod lasts "200 puffs" which they equate to a pack of cigarettes. So you'd get some decent mileage out of the starter kit to find out if you like vaping in general.

A lot of people when they start vaping have to get used to inhaling vapor versus smoke. Almost every smoker I know that's tried to vape starts coughing from it. But hang in there.

When you transition you're both healing from cigarettes (which is a shitton of coughing and phlegm in general) and getting used to vaping.

Also: the Juul was specifically made to emulate the smoking experience a bit. The draw on the device is close to that of a cigarette (you'll find that other devices can have really different airflow which makes pulls a lot tighter or looser).

Worth a look!

Last edited:

RubxQub

Just got my Kandypens Rubi delivered today and have been using it with some Mr. Salt E Mint juice.

It’s a really solid device, and filling the pod has been nice and easy. No spitting or leaking to speak of so far at least.

Hoping this thing holds out.

RubxQub

Been using my Sourin Drop as my primary device now...the Rubi just ultimately didn't deliver a satisfying hit that I was looking for. It's a really great device if you like a super loose hit (tons of airflow), but admittedly using the Rubi for awhile showed me that I like a really tight draw for Direct to Lung (DtL) hits. While the Rubi has a carb you can cover for tighter draws, it basically reduces the airflow down to zero and you're like forcibly inhaling so hard to try and get stuff out...and trying to "feather" the carb is just too annoying.

Still trying to find a juice I really like right now since I'm out in the world of Nic-Salts from random ass companies.

The mint from Mr. Salt-E was good, but it's kind of almost too sweet. I got a straight menthol that I mixed it with but they don't really blend together that well. There's a blueberry pie one I have that's actually pretty harsh that I dig probably the most of the juices I have.

Still trying to find something that is a strong menthol with a mint kick to it.

The search continues.

But the great news is that I'm saving a shitton of money compared to how much I was dropping with the Juul.

Last edited:

RubxQub

m7ErHvD.mp4

Even the Terminator gets down.

cryptoadam

Banned
So just got a Pax 2 for my "Herbs" :).

Getting used to this vapping and I still like to roll one up every now and then. I have to say its different and takes a bit of time to get used to it.

Also what does everyone do with their AVB? I have been blending them up when I roll instead of vape. Not interested in eating it. But kinda feels like I am getting double use now.

Gander

Banned
If your going to smoke you want to keep things as natural as possible. I say just some weed and rolling papers or a bong. If you need to add other chemicals and additives remember all the shit is going into your lungs.

ILLtown

I started smoking in the 80s, but I haven't smoked any tobacco whatsoever since June 2011 thanks to vaping.

I hated vaping at first and regretted buying my first e-cig and went back to regular smoking, but it was because I was trying to use vaping to replicate smoking as close as possible, including the taste. I had this tobacco-flavoured juice and it was horrible, like smoking the cheapest, nastiest brand of cigarettes you could ever buy. My friend had bought an e-cig at the same time as me and come to the same conclusion, but he then bought some small bottles of different flavoured juices to try. Once I found a juice I liked, that was it - I literally have not touched a cigarette since.

manfestival

I see this title and all I can think about is this video

I do want to say that vaping doesn't bother me at all. I have tried it a couple times cause those flavors are so freaking good.

TrainedRage

Banned
I know its weird but I couldn't get into vaping tobacco. However I only smoke like 1 cigarette every two days. Its great If the health benefits are better but we are pretty short on the long term effects of vaping tobacco. TCH I only vape.

Snoopycat

Banned
If you really want to give up smoking, avoid this vaping nonsense and take up running. Get up in the morning, go run along the beach and after a few days you'll never want to smoke again.

120v

If you really want to give up smoking, avoid this vaping nonsense and take up running. Get up in the morning, go run along the beach and after a few days you'll never want to smoke again.

as somebody who's been jogging over half his life ... LOL

been a smoker and at times heavy smoker all my life and running never quelled the urge

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
as somebody who's been jogging over half his life ... LOL

been a smoker and at times heavy smoker all my life and running never quelled the urge

I was a heavy smoker. Tried quitting many times. It never worked out until I started jogging. Within a week I had quit and never looked back.

Gander

Banned
I'm going to go ahead and put down the vape store as one of the least helpful places for information you can go. The DMV is still number one.

Not only did dude not want to answer my questions, he tried to up sell me.

RubxQub

I'm going to go ahead and put down the vape store as one of the least helpful places for information you can go. The DMV is still number one.

Not only did dude not want to answer my questions, he tried to up sell me.
It’s super hit or miss unfortunately. There’s a place I go to where they’ll stand there and talk to me about what other customers have said about devices and their own personal experiences without trying to hard sell me on stuff, and others I’ve been to are exactly like you describe where the people are just pushy and annoying.

cryptoadam

Banned
Is there a high tech vape out there that tells you how much "flower" you have left in your session?

I would love if the Pax2 light on the front could act as a barometer for how much vape you have left.

RubxQub

Recently switched off the Suorin Drop due to how much leaking the pods would have and seemingly not being able to get any kind of decent life out of them.

Invested in a Rincoe Ceto
4DHfis1.jpg

Draw isn't as tight as the Juul or Drop, but the shape make it fun to mess around with in your hand, and I love how the pods have a magnetic point to get it stay in place. Filling it is super easy and the attached rubber stopper is very easy to use (bonus points for being mounted on the pod itself and not a separate piece).

Overall very pleased with it so far. Still on my first pod after 4 fills (2ml each).

Kagey K

Banned
I’ve been vaping since 2011 and it was the best choice I ever made. Can roll my own coils, make my own juice and control everything about it.

Anyone that wants to make the switch should do it, even as a passing hobby. I convinced my gf to switch by telling her we weren’t quitting, we were just changing brands and she stopped vaping 3 years ago. Went from a pack a day smoker to vaping to nothing.

I still vape and love the crutch, love the flavours and love the clouds, but at least I’m not doing what I used to to my body.

Is there a high tech vape out there that tells you how much "flower" you have left in your session?

I would love if the Pax2 light on the front could act as a barometer for how much vape you have left.

Flower and dry herb are very different from ecig vapes, and once Oct 17 rolls around maybe I’ll make a thread about it, but for right now if I was asked to go buy a dry herb it would be a Solo 2 or a Mighty and I’m not spending Mighty money.

RubxQub

Vape your vitamins?!

This is utterly stupid, but maybe there are legitimate uses for this delivery mechanism beyond inhaling vitamins?

Last edited:

mekes

I’m on the Falcon tank with the 7ml bubble glass. Switch between 2 flavours lately, Taruto which is supposed to be Portuguese cream tart (naughty natas) and Six Licks blood orange and grapefruit. Both are really nice but the Taruto flavour will burn the atomiser out double quick. Need to switch up every 30-40mls or so with that one. I do everything at about 3mg nic at the moment. I tried a 6mg 10ml flavour the other day and it made me feel a bit uneasy, which was awesome to see. I started out at 18mg.

Last edited:

mekes

Bought a Vicious Ant Spade DNA75c this week. It’s such a great looking mod, and so small. Since my last post I’ve switched from SubOhm Falcon tanks to the Wotofo Profile mesh rda which gives much nicer flavour production. Back around 2011 I swore I would never go the rebuildable route again because I just had awful luck with it. But it’s so much easier now you can easily buy pre made coils. And the Profile RDA is so simple. Definitely recommend the profile if anybody is mulling over getting into squonking. You can’t really mess it up.

RubxQub

I'd never heard of squonking before...very interesting, just looked up what it's all about.

I'm just took lazy to do anything other than pod systems at this point. I used to use mods and experimented with different atomizers and all that, but ultimately it was more of a chore than a joy for me. But I totally see the value in it.

And that Vicious Ant Spade mod you're referencing looks sick, man.

mekes

I think the biggest thing with the top part I recently bought, which is the Wotofo Profile, is that it’s so easy to set up that a child could do it. As soon as I set it up and tried it out, I knew I’d get rid of my tank atomisers and stick with the new setup. It’s nice because my friend has been doing rebuildables for years and the difference in trying his compared to mine, his was always vastly superior. I haven’t had a dodgy hit for the best part of a month. I just change the cotton every week, perhaps the mesh strip every fortnight. Perfect flavour will last through the week, even if I chain vape at points.

I’m still yet to try a pod system but I have heard good things. A month back I said the same thing about squonk mods. I have seen some nice looking pod systems in reviews on YouTube.

Xisiqomelir

Went with the Smoant Cylon, got it for $40

My RDA didn't arrive yet so I haven't been able to try it yet, but it looks nice

nkarafo

In my shithole country (Greece) the shithole goverment tries everything they can to prevent people from vaping so they can stick to cigarettes. They pass all kinds of restrictions and taxes on vape products every other week that makes them more and more expensive for the customers, with more restrictions in what and how much they can buy. Or at least that's what everyone tells me (i don't smoke or vape) including my best friend who works in a vape store. He told me they are going to close shop soon because there is no reason to sell such products in a shithole country like Greece anymore.

I live in Japan and the iQOS is very popular here. It was my first smoking device.
Personally, my main reason I never wanted to smoke, was because of what it does to the way you look. Your hands, teeth, etc. And also the prohibitive cost (in Canada it was like 10 bucks a pack. No idea how much it is now.) Anyway, smoking is pretty big in Japan still, the advertising is that it is only 10% as bad, and there is no cigarette smoke being inhaled because the sticks are just heated, not burned. Add to that a pack of smokes here is 460 yen, and I guess I got caught up in it and decided to give it a try.
I used it for a little over a year, but wanted to quit because at the end of the day it still costs money, and the girl I was interested in didn't seem to like smokers. So I threw it out. Unfortunately though, I couldn't quit so I ended up just smoking regular cigarettes instead. I didn't like the way they made me feel though. I'm sure smokers know what I mean, but like when you are out drinking and smoke a bunch, and wake up the next day and have that sort of gross feeling in your mouth. The smell sticks to your hands and clothes as well, and I couldn't smoke inside my home because I don't want the smell sticking to everything and yellowing up my walls, electronics etc.
So eventually, I went back to electronic cigarettes. I figured if I'm gonna smoke, it may as well be something not as bad for me. This time, I purchased a device called Glo, which was a device newer than the iQOS, but operates on the same principle. It is real tobacco sticks, you put them in the thing, and heat it up and voila. Unfortunately, it broke on me after around only 5 months, so I bought an iQOS again which I have been using since last month. I did purchase a vape in February of this year to try getting the smoking sensation thinking it would help me quit, but unfortunately it didn't give me the feeling in the back of my throat I'm looking for. I imagine this is because there is no nicotine (I don't think it is legal to sell liquids with nicotine in them in Japan).

Any way, to talk about the products themselves a bit... the iQOS uses stubby cigarettes they call heat sticks. Inside the 'holder' (the device that heats the stick to smoke) is a blade. You basically stab the heat stick into the blade, the blade heats up the tabacco leaves, and that is how you smoke. One problem with it, is you kind of have to line up the direction of the tobacco sheets so the blade will fit in properly, if you don't, you'll find it difficult to get the heat stick in, often resulting in the heat stick breaking in half, or you not getting a very good smoke. The device also requires frequent heating. As of this Friday, there will be 7 flavours available where I am, and an additional 2 that are only aquirable at an iQOS store or online or something like that. The 7 flavours are Regular, Smooth Regular, Balanced Regular, Menthol, Mint, Purple Menthol, and Yellow Menthol.
Another thing I don't like, is that you don't actually know what the strength of a heat stick is (this applies for the other ecig devices as well). As an example of what I mean, for the brand Mevius, there is 10mg, 8mg, 6mg, 3mg, 1mg, and also menthol flavours in 8/5/1. So I know that say 1mg might be too weak for me, while 10mg might be too strong. But for the ecig devices they don't have this information. So I couldn't work my way down, because I don't know what is weaker or not.
The smell of the 'smoke' isn't that great, but it doesn't linger or stick to things so it's not a big deal. The flavour as well can take some getting used to if you are accustomed to regular smokes.

One huge benefit to me over traditional smokes, is there is no mess. You don't have to worry about ash. You don't have cigarette smell on your clothes or in your house. If you were never seen using it, nobody would ever know you smoke.
I feel like I am healthier using this over cigarettes, but honestly I have no idea, it could be just as bad. But you aren't inhaling smoke, which has to be a plus to me.
My mother uses this over regular cigarettes lately. Vaping didn't do it for her but it seems she likes this. And since i still live with my mother for most of the year i get the benefits too because indeed, there is no smell. The house and my clothes don't stink like death anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom