• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegans that only eat fruit bench pressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Scrawny guys who dont lift normally, trying to lift?

I'm not vegan, but I don't get why the video points out these guys are vegan. I can go to the local gym and find guys who eat proper macros, but can't life their body weight?

e: I'm a firm believer that even if you are just at the gym, you don't deserve to be made fun of. You're not sitting on your ass doing nothing.

Steelrain

Scrawny guys who dont lift normally, trying to lift?

I'm not vegan, but I don't get why the video points out these guys are vegan. I can go to the local gym and find guys who eat proper macros, but can't life their body weight?

e: I'm a firm believer that even if you are just at the gym, you don't deserve to be made fun of. You're not sitting on your ass doing nothing.

Except for those guys that go to the gym, plug those earphones in and commence to do nothing. Even worse, they do nothing in the squat rack.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I don't care how impressive the second dude is in regards to weight benched, when your ass leaves the bench surface you've gone off the rails.

Halvie

Banned
This is amazing. I don't lift for a few reasons, and this is the sum total of those reasons. 'Cause I'm too thin, and I lack protein, and I don't have a colossal ego. Maybe.

... Even so, I do have more definition than that guy. Dude isn't even ripped. :p

What does ego size have to go with lifting weights?

What does ego size have to go with lifting weights?

Well, those Vegans clearly bit off more than they could chew, which was down to ego, one way or another. They seriously thought that they were doing things properly. That's kinda why I have no plans to lift weights any time soon. Another billion uninteresting push-ups for me.

Faiz

Oh I thought there was more to it. So we're picking on weak people now?

No, we are picking on people who say they are "repping out" a weight that they aren't even lifting. That first guy doesn't even get a single rep, every single one is assisted. Second guy might have got that first rep himself, even if it was ugly, but the rest didn't belong to him.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I remember when I followed a fruit only diet some years ago, it was the worst. I felt weaker than a centenarian, even lifting a remote would require some effort. Fuck that shit, never again

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Not sure why you would only eat fruit as a vegan.
Fruitarianism.

And with that said, this reminds me of some show I was watching that followed som "Freegan Fruitarians" around for a couple days. The introduced them, and the showed a headshot of the man. He was a crossdresser with long hair, and I though to myself "is that the man, or is that the woman?" Then they showed the woman, they had her framed the same way, she was wearing the same outfit, she had the same hair cut and she had a
mustache,
and I thought it was a joke and that they just slightly edited the image of the man and showed it again.

Shadybiz

Bad spotting. If I have to grab the bar then the set is over. No more you got more in you bullshit.

Yep. That should have been the end right there; any further is risking injury.

Second dude was no doubt pretty strong, all things considered. First guy had no business trying to lift that amount, especially for reps. When I was just starting lifting, I didn't go near my bodyweight on the bench for some time.

This looks like worlds weakest prison yard. I prescribe protein shakes to all of them. Getting that two fiddy wasn't bad but you know that was that adrenaline courage one time lift. Eat a mixed diet people. We're omnivores.

Fruitarianism.

And with that said, this reminds me of some show I was watching that followed som "Freegan Fruitarians" around for a couple days. The introduced them, and the showed a headshot of the man. He was a crossdresser with long hair, and I though to myself "is that the man, or is that the woman?" Then they showed the woman, they had her framed the same way, she was wearing the same outfit, she had the same hair cut and she had a
mustache,
and I thought it was a joke and that they just slightly edited the image of the man and showed it again.

I remember that, I think it was on some show called "Taboo" or something.

That second guy getting an almost 2x bodyweight bench is damn impressive, even if the form was awful. I've been lifting for a few months and still can't do 1x my bodyweight (220ish), and I barely go 12 hours without putting a dead animal inside me.

Resilient

That second guy getting an almost 2x bodyweight bench is damn impressive, even if the form was awful. I've been lifting for a few months and still can't do 1x my bodyweight (220ish), and I barely go 12 hours without putting a dead animal inside me.

Anybody can do stupid lifts when they contort their body like that...it's impressive how stupid it is TBH.

Darkman M

People really in here saying that's impressive? Especially the guy who had 250 on the bar, looks like a great way to ensure his back will be blown out by the time he's 35.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
He's a vegan at a fruit vegan fest bench-pressing. It's also funny to see.

No it's not. That's just taking the piss of their lifestyle choice.

This thread is in pretty poor taste. IMHO.

So these people don't take nutrients in forms of capsules and stuff to supplement their diet?

It's not healthy to just live off fruit, doing pretty bad harm to your body. The vegans I know IRL take some sort of supplement for balance of nutrients.

jax

Banned
Fruitarian =/= Vegan, OP. Get yor shit straight. I'm Vegan, and I know fer a fact I bench more than you.

Says a man named "Mango"

Hey now, "Mango" is the name of a character I created, not my name. :p

Seriously though, there is a difference, as fruitarianism is about only eating things produced from the plant and not the plant itself, likewise some actually eat some things like Honey which is not vegan.

so...

Vegetarianism: no meat (this includes fish) and nothing that involves harming the animal directly. Milk, honey, and eggs are ok, but if it's for an ethical reason then typical those eggs, the milk, and the honey are all free range, farm-raised, and fair traded. Likewise, some by-products are avoided as they're harvested from the animal, like rennet.

Veganism: nothing that comes from an animal, so no meat (this includes fish), milk, eggs, honey, or derivatives of those like by-products like shellac.

Fruitarianism: mostly a diet consisting of fruit, seeds, and nuts, basically whatever is harvested from a plant, while avoiding eating that actual plant.

Anybody can do stupid lifts when they contort their body like that...it's impressive how stupid it is TBH.

Oh yeah? Awesome! brb, benching 500 pounds.

Lifting your butt a few inches doesn't magically double your bench press; when you're under a weight that's too heavy for you, wiggling around will only get you so far. Obviously he'd get three red lights in competition (and he should never have gone for a second or third), but he still got that motherfucker up there. Even if he could only get 230/240 with perfect form, that's a totally respectable lift for a sub-130lb guy.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
No clue what the OP is wanting me to think about the video. It's just an average video of guys working out. There's nothing of interest in the video, whether it's fruit vegan guys or otherwise.

Says a man named "Mango"

ChKa-Mango.jpg

akira28

I would say that all fruititarians are vegans, but when you think about it...

The Fruititarian is the natural enemy of the Vegan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom