• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG247 Rumor: PS4 Coming Late November

Calling this click bait is incredibly dumb. So if they are correct were they supposed to not post it because Sony will announce it later?

People are acting like posting a report with quite possibly real information is bad journalism when it's the exact opposite, they would be bad journalists if they DIDN'T post this with a source rumoring a November release.

Bsigg12

I thought "CBOAT" was a XBox insider? How would he know the PS4 launch time frame?

Maybe he was told what Microsoft is expecting?

VG247 link says that a US launch date will likely be earlier. I think they mean November for EU.

You read that wrong.

Furthermore, Xbox One will apparently launch slightly earlier in at least one territory – probably the US – according to the source.

kris.

Banned
Calling this click bait is incredibly dumb. So if they are correct were they supposed to not post it because Sony will announce it later?

People are acting like posting a report with quite possibly real information is bad journalism when it's the exact opposite, they would be bad journalists if they DIDN'T post this with a source rumoring a November release.

Orrr risk being wrong and looking like jackasses literally an hour before we find out the actual release date.

I'd rather not risk my credibility and just wait for official confirmation.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's been back and forth, but sony definitely has lost quite a bit of momentum/edge over microsoft. They will lose their last competitive edge for EU if they can't launch before the x1.

VG247 link says that a US launch date will likely be earlier. I think they mean November for EU.

No, it says the Xbone will release slightly earlier in the US.
Which would mean Xbone beats PS4 to launch in the US, and Xbone has the FIFA 14 to conquer the launch parity in Europe.
MS wins both. (In theory)

macewank

Orrr risk being wrong and looking like jackasses literally an hour before we find out the actual release date.

They wouldn't have posted it if they didn't have a reason to believe it's accurate information.

It's medium-risk, high reward. Makes sense to me

#TeamCBOAT

Believe in the Buttocks!

it's click bait because they completely made up the rumor.

we already know it's coming out October thanks to CBOAT

It's been back and forth, but sony definitely has lost quite a bit of momentum/edge over microsoft. They will lose their last competitive edge for EU if they can't launch before the x1.

If they do launch earlier, and X1 supply ends us being "reasonable", then I would say the yield issue either A.) was solved or B.) never occured/false rumor.

But they didn't confirm the news, it's a rumor. If they have reason to believe it's possible why should they not post it?

And the other guy saying CBOAT can't be wrong is just silly. He's not even a Sony insider. Calling this rumor "made up" is absolutely baseless.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Don't be too hard on VG247, guys. At least they're giving us a morsel to chew on during the last hour before the conference.

Jonboy

tumblr_mrc4ppCMI31sf0g9co1_500.gif

Gaz_RB

This is too intense... If its late November CBOAT and Gaf are gonna lose some credibility. We've been chanting late October for days.

I can't take this!

Apath

PS3 and Wii launched within days of each other, if I remember correctly.
November 18th (PS3) vs November 19th (Wii).
Edit: Nope, way off. Wiki says November 11th, but I remember waiting outside two nights in a row. Whatever.

Edit 2: Okay, November 17th in the US. :p

m23

FamousMortimer vs VG247 vs Cboat

Will be interesting to come back to this thread after the conference.

Top Bottom