• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG247 Rumor: PS4 Coming Late November

If this rumor is true I wonder what the people still saying it's clickbait will say.

Even if it's not true calling it clickbait is silly, why are we going to discourage posting rumors that could be important information?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
true, but it gives us time to complaion about it, so it doesn't hit us as hard if true.

BTW, thsi would be very very bad for Sony. I gaurente if they do that, then MS will immedately announce an Oct. launch date for NA.

Very, very bad is overstating.

I don't believe anything until it comes out of Sony's mouth.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh please oh please oh please be October. I can't wait a whole additional month for this shit generation to finally ducking die

Another GAF member stated his retail inventory listed a Sony console releasing on Oct 21.

Yep. There is more than just CBOAT leading us to believe the October release.

If this rumor is true I wonder what the people still saying it's clickbait will say.

Even if it's not true calling it clickbait is silly, why are we going to discourage posting rumors that could be important information?

If they're right, we'll all say "holy shit, they were right."

It's odd to throw out a rumor an hour before the date becomes official. It's not important information given the timeline.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
My info (from one of biggest local retailers) is period from 15.10 to 15.11. But we will see, how this spins out.

Gestault

Unless cboat went out of his way to declare truthfact, considering he's an MS insider, it could easily just be that Microsoft was working under the impression that an October release was happening for PS4. He could be wrong without it even being a big deal; plans change a lot in launch windows, especially for a second-hand report.

We must allow for the failings of man and nature as we consider the wisdom of his buttocks, may they be be ever locomotive.

Bsigg12

I need Bruce Buffer from UFC to step onto stage right before the Sony conference and say "It's TIIIIIME, over in the red corner we have coming in with November release rumor VG24/7 and fighting in the blue corner, out of the depths of the internet, with a October release rumor, the current rumor mill champion, Crazy Buttocks on a Train!!!! This is a championship fight scheduled for 5 rounds"

Jack_AG

Banned
It was worth a shot. I guess I'll just have to wait 20 minutes.
Yep :)

I won't out my friend. I'm not interested in being an informer - just know I called it a while back in a random thread.

Still - anything can happen and I'm not holding my breath.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Everyone forget what Peter Moore said on stage?
Is there any reason why this deserves special weight? Since neither Sony nor MS have announced release dates, he has to dance around establishing the actual launch date for these consoles, whether he actually knows the date or not at this point. Anything he says is plausibly deniable from a position of ignorance.

Gaz_RB

true, but it gives us time to complaion about it, so it doesn't hit us as hard if true.

BTW, thsi would be very very bad for Sony. I gaurente if they do that, then MS will immedately announce an Oct. launch date for NA.

MS has already confirmed November. No one should think that they will strategically change their release date to try to outmaneuver Sony. It just won't happen, and it's silly to think that.

I think this is much more believable. CBOAT may turn out to be right and I love the info he provides, but October always felt "too soon" considering 3rd party offerings.

Jack_AG

Banned
For anyone interested its 10-29. Again - anything can happen. Not sticking my neck out this is just what I was told a while back so things may have changed.

Krakn3Dfx

Be cool if it was in late October, but it's obviously going to drop before Black Friday, so at worst I get another couple of weeks to dig into GTA5 Online.

The water in this tub never gets cold.

Is there any reason why this deserves special weight? Since neither Sony nor MS have announced release dates, he has to dance around establishing the actual launch date for these consoles, whether he actually knows the date or not at this point. Anything he says is plausibly deniable from a position of ignorance.

Well, not many besides those as MS or Sony would know the release, but those that are heads of major, major publishers or major retailers would be privy to that information.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
November is the safest bet I guess. They may feel comfortable with that now because of info they have about XB1 date?

FZZ

Banned
So VG247 got it right.

Anyways, did we demolish GAF's servers right now? It was like down for two hours came back up at 12:49, then shut down again till now.

Top Bottom