• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG247 Rumor: PS4 > Xbox 720; NowGamer Rumor: Xbox 720 > PS4

All three are nextgen.

SW 1313 managed to showcase true jump to nextgen visuals that can not be easily replicated even on very high end PCs. Others showcase very high end graphics, but reachable on today's PC's.

Psh I'm ordering 3x680GTX next month, I can run it D:

Funny, lherre says that something is wrong in this article, and suddenly... a few people claim the exact same thing and only give vague hints at best without actually clarifying what's wrong with it. Just saying. :p

So... *cough*

Yeah, they made some mistakes in this article. But it will soon all be clear, there is something coming... something big. Believe me!!1 *seriousface*

beast786

Nah, it's about how it's used. Nintendo has the smallest length and girth, but still impresses the ladies.

OPRAH-CAR-GIF.gif

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
That is seriously crazy talk. I also expect "next-gen" versions of BioShock Infinite and Crysis 3 this fall.

but they are not impressive. They look like beefed up PC versions of current-gen games. 1313 has nice animation, that's the only thing that feels truly next-gen. I hope it wasn't smoke and mirrors but I'm sure it was. Would be glad to be wrong.

gaming_noob

That is seriously crazy talk. I also expect "next-gen" versions of BioShock Infinite and Crysis 3 this fall.

Honestly if this fall we're just getting Call of Duty, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite...it's very underwhelming. Time for brand new titles and chracters.

Eideka

Banned
but they are not impressive. They look like beefed up PC versions of current-gen games. 1313 has nice animation, that's the only thing that feels truly next-gen. I hope it wasn't smoke and mirrors but I'm sure it was. Would be glad to be wrong.

SW1313 has incredible character models and lighting. WD has amazing animation and effects.

I don't think so.
I do think so, particles, character models, lighting are more refined in what I've seen of Crysis 3. The realtime caustics are extremely impressive as well.

As the next gen evolves, tools matures, dev times are not crunched for launch windows and from the ground up games are made for those consoles, the quality will greatly surpass that of launch window games. This has been the case with each generation and I don't see that changing.

The overall performance will depend on 2 factors:
1. Creativity of the team designing the product
2. The company's willingness to subsidize the product for a period of time

Insane Metal

Gold Member
SW1313 has incredible character models and lighting. WD has amazing animation and effects.

I do think so, particles, character models, lighting are more refined in what I've seen of Crysis 3. The realtime caustics are extremely impressive as well.

Well I guess that's a matter of opinion then, probably they are in the same league at least. I think the opposite of what you're saying :p

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
As the next gen evolves, tools matures, dev times are not crunched for launch windows and from the ground up games are made for those consoles, the quality will greatly surpass that of launch window games. This has been the case with each generation and I don't see that changing.

The overall performance will depend on 2 factors:
1. Creativity of the team designing the product
2. The company's willingness to subsidize the product for a period of time

yeah, I understand this but from these particular 3 games only 1313 impressed me with its animation.

Anyway interactivity matters more to me than pretty graphics. Also I hope they'll push random generation of content. I want to be able to enter every room in every house in GTA and start a firefight there.

aegies

Don't expect that level of visual fidelity anytime soon. It'll be a few years before we see anything close to that.

I've seen it running in real time up close. A) There's not as much fidelity as you think. B) You will see stuff on that level just about right away.

I've seen it running in real time up close. A) There's not as much fidelity as you think. B) You will see stuff on that level just about right away.

And people thought I was crazy for thinking we'll see that level of graphics at or near launch of next gen.

PEOPLE... please remember that the best looking games of current gen are pushing beyond some of the early tech demos of the current gen.

Well then, I am more than happy being wrong in this case.

My jaw dropped seeing it tbh. It impressed me the most out of any demo I've seen so far. I honestly expected games to look like that towards the end of next gen. hnnnnnng

Wynnebeck

Banned
Well then, I am more than happy being wrong in this case.

My jaw dropped seeing it tbh. It impressed me the most out of demo we've I've seen so far. I honestly expected games to look like that towards the end of next gen. hnnnnnng

Honestly, it makes me quite curious to see what kind of games will be output a few years from now when developers get a good grasp of Orbis/Durango.

I'm loathe to publish misleading information. And I've said before I don't mind being wrong, but that's not totally true - I'm not afraid to be wrong, but I'd rather not look stupid. I do think there's a group of people out there that get their giggles giving out false information, so as much as I want to believe certain things, as much as my gut tells me they're accurate, I'm hesitant to conclusively state "this is what this thing is." And there are things that need to happen for me to know what Durango and Orbis really are that rely on talking to other people. So if I did have certain information, it would take time to do all of these things.

Also, I'm not going to spill something that juicy on GAF before it went live where I work. Come on guys. Not to say that stops me from adding a little bit to the conversation here and there (and correcting inaccurate statements I've made when my understanding changes).

Yeah, ok. That's wrong.

Well I hope you are right because I really don't see how they can do it and keep a mchine cost below $500 without taking a major loss.

Well I hope you are right because I really don't see how they can do it and keep a mchine cost below $500 without taking a major loss.
You can get video cards today for less than $150 that completely obliterate anything in the PS3/360, and that's the price to normal consumers, not corp prices for the likes of MS and Sony.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If you are not impressed by Watch_Dogs, Agnis Philosophy, or Star Wars 1313- you will hate next-gen.

Then I will hate next-gen?

Crap. I wasn't impressed with any of them (well, Agni's Philosophy a little bit). Seriously, though, I'm much more interested in things other than graphics.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All three are nextgen.

SW 1313 managed to showcase true jump to nextgen visuals that can not be easily replicated even on very high end PCs. Others showcase very high end graphics, but reachable on today's PC's.

Still not seeing what is so graphically impressive about that game. It doesn't look that much different at all.

KageMaru

If you are not impressed by Watch_Dogs, Agnis Philosophy, or Star Wars 1313- you will hate next-gen.

Wait, I think some of us would still like to know how you know the GPU figures are legit?

Then I will hate next-gen?

Crap. I wasn't impressed with any of them (well, Agni's Philosophy a little bit). Seriously, though, I'm much more interested in things other than graphics.

With Star Wars, I guess I can understand you, with it being a very linear demo. However how can you not be impressed by Watch Dogs or Agni? Honest question since I'm now curious to what would impress you graphically.

Chronos24

Even if these numbers were anywhere near close I've come to understand that dev kits are always more powerful than retail units. Hopefully MS and Sony wont be as secretive as Nintendo and just let us hear from the horse's mouth what the hell is powering these machines.

Plinko

With Star Wars, I guess I can understand you, with it being a very linear demo. However how can you not be impressed by Watch Dogs or Agni? Honest question since I'm now curious to what would impress you graphically.

I thought Watch Dogs was impressive from a technical level with everything going on (if what we've see was an actual demo) but I didn't find the graphics to be much of a jump over current-gen. As I said, the only one I was impressed with was Agni's. That was cool.

I still stand by my statement that Star Wars 1313 was wholly unimpressive and absolutely nothing that would make Average Joe Consumer look at and say, "Wow! What an upgrade! I must buy a new system for that!"

Still not seeing what is so graphically impressive about that game. It doesn't look that much different at all.

I think my eyes must be broken. I have a monster PC but I haven't seen anything PC game wise that would come close to the big three everyone's talking about. Sure, I can ramp AA and resolution through the roof, but it doesn't change the sheer number of effects and density of objects I'm seeing in those trailers / tech demos. That's before lighting, animation, physics etc are taken into consideration.

...I'd generally consider myself a graphics whore but I'm clearly not even close to being on the level of some of you!

Top Bottom