• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG247 Rumor: PS4 > Xbox 720; NowGamer Rumor: Xbox 720 > PS4

Robso

Not entirely relevant but does anybody remember the link to that Xbox fanboy's website who claims to have an insider giving him knowledge (
lL4n8tRnQSRUKt9x3visw800Rqc.png
) and saying the next Xbox will blow the PS4 out the water.

Just wondering what new laughs he's come up with.

Mrbob

1gb of gddr5 for the orbis? That is an expensive waste of money. I have a hard time believing sony would dedicate gddr for the os.

rdrr gnr

1gb of gddr5 for the orbis? That is an expensive waste of money. I have a hard time believing sony would dedicate gddr for the os.
Look at how ill prepared they were this gen. Sony won't pioneer OS level features but they sure as fuck should be able to follow Microsoft.

RankoSD

I just cant believe that Sony would dedicate 1 GB of GDDR5 for OS stuff. Its going to be flat out disappointing if there's only 3 GB available for games.
It's just a stupid rumor that usually comes from the PC oriented people, 1 GB of any kind of memory is just too much for the OS and a huge waste of space.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Not entirely relevant but does anybody remember the link to that Xbox fanboy's website who claims to have an insider giving him knowledge (
lL4n8tRnQSRUKt9x3visw800Rqc.png
) and saying the next Xbox will blow the PS4 out the water.

Just wondering what new laughs he's come up with.
That's the very same source Nowgamer quoted for their article. It's insane on both fronts as it presents both PS4 and next Xbox specs as way overblown. What's funny about it is that even in their crazy fantasies they don't portray next Xbox as that much more powerful on paper but still say the games will be far better on it.

Robso

That's the very same source Nowgamer quoted for their article. It's insane on both fronts as it presents both PS4 and next Xbox specs as way overblown. What's funny about it is that even in their crazy fantasies they don't portray next Xbox as that much more powerful on paper but still say the games will be far better on it.

ROFL. Hilarious that is a source.

So begins the back & forth "more powerful" tug-of-war battle between "insiders". Which makes me not give two shits about any report I read. I just want it to be May/June already!

I also don't get how this guy (in the second report) already claims multiplatform titles will look better on X console. We got fed a lot of that bullshit when the PS3 first came out and in the end the system that was easiest to develop for usually got the better ports aside from a few titles here and there.

Guess I just need to find a napoleon dynamite-like time machine on ebay and skip ahead a few months.

aegies

So begins the back & forth "more powerful" tug-of-war battle between "insiders". Which makes me not give two shits about any report I read. I just want it to be May/June already!

I also don't get how this guy (in the second report) already claims multiplatform titles will look better on X console. We got fed a lot of that bullshit when the PS3 first came out and in the end the system that was easiest to develop for usually got the better ports aside from a few titles here and there.

Guess I just need to find a napoleon dynamite-like time machine on ebay and skip ahead a few months.

I think developers moved to the lowest common denominator around 2008-2009, and stuck with it. Next-gen multiplatform games will be designed around the minimum capabilities of both consoles, and won't look much different, at least for the first couple of years. But there are bets being made on RAM, for sure, and that could bite somebody in the ass.

So only power matters to you ? What about the software ?

Besides, those machines don't need monster PC parts to blow out of the water everything running on current-gen consoles.

It's still a good leap over what we have now, whether or not they can rival a high-end PC is irrelevant. That would be wonderful of course but unlikely.

Why buy new consoles then?

Let´s just stay on 360 and Ps3 for the rest for our lives and enjoy the software. Or let´s just play with our ios games: There´s plenty of software to fill 100 years of gaming.

That's not the issue. The average Joe wants CG quality :-/.
Uhh, the exact opposite. The average jow is more than satisfied by pretty tricks and simple effects, and even mediocre framerate. It's the message board nitpickers that like to pretend that even the latest high-tech demos are unimpressive.

USC-fan

Banned
I hope hte xbox > ps4 is true based on the crazy specs on the both consoles. The other one doesnt sound good at all.

KageMaru

I hope hte xbox > ps4 is true based on the crazy specs on the both consoles. The other one doesnt sound good at all.

I only hope one or the other is true, that way all the people already emotionally invested in these machines that don't exist can have meltdowns for me to enjoy.

Violater

Hirai said "Sony will target customers willing to pay more and won't get sucked into a price war."

Dis gon be good.
$599 jokes aside, I will not be buying the system based on tech demos and trailers only to wait over a year to see great looking games like I did the PS3.

aegies

THAT`s sounds great. I like that.

And i would assume GTA 5 would make sense as well...?

Not this year. There's not much point, unless it's an exercise in getting their tech on the next-gen consoles. They want a massive install base to sell to, and they'll get that with this gen of consoles.

Let´s just stay on 360 and Ps3 for the rest for our lives and enjoy the software. Or let´s just play with our ios games: There´s plenty of software to fill 100 years of gaming.

Works for me, I could do it without a problem. Unfortunately, it wouldn't really work for all those companies trying to make money off of selling you hardware, because one day they'll inevitably hit the saturation point. It wouldn't work for all those companies trying to sell other companies their middleware for the same reason. And then something new and fresh could come out of another field of the entertainment industry so all those companies trying to sell you software would be screwed as well.

Only 4GB of Ram? a year ago NeoGaf was calling people crazy for thinking they could get over 2 GB of Ram in a Next Gen console.

First there is no NeoGAF.

Second you're oversimplifying the argument that I (and others) made. I didn't see RAM density changing at the scale such an amount would be possible. I still don't expect to see 16 RAM chips on board. Which as of last year was the likely amount of chips necessary to achieve 4 gigs of GDDR5. I also didn't expect either manufacturer to spend the money on costlier stacked or higher density RAM.

Things change and we change along with them, or we get left behind.

That would just be a classic case of Sony doing Sony.

Watch them cut corners on things that matter like ram only to put in some overpriced hardware and technology that's not needed for games. While putting pressure on Devs to squeeze the last bit of processing capability out of the system in order to get results.

Yep, Sony likes to create unnecessary bottlenecks. Too bad MS wants to join the party.

That's good, because 2 out of the three aren't that graphically impressive.
but they are not impressive. They look like beefed up PC versions of current-gen games. 1313 has nice animation, that's the only thing that feels truly next-gen. I hope it wasn't smoke and mirrors but I'm sure it was. Would be glad to be wrong.
This is insane, especially subversus' post. They completely blow away every game out right now, max settings and all.

Top Bottom