• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG247 Rumor: PS4 > Xbox 720; NowGamer Rumor: Xbox 720 > PS4

Wynnebeck

Banned
The original article plus the Livejournal (lol) article are both coming across as bs to me until we get some concrete leaks from more reliable sources. Also, I'm laughing at all the people saying that they are staying with PC gaming etc. You won't.

TheOddOne

VG247 is under the impression that several media outlets are in possession of documents related to Durango from CES and are currently working on major leak stories.

Wat.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Specs like these are exactly how Microsoft / Sony are going to keep the price at $400-$500.

Exactly. By the way, for all the trashing people did about the reactions to negative news in the Wii U thread, this thread now looks identical to that.

FrankT

VG247 is under the impression that several media outlets are in possession of documents related to Durango from CES and are currently working on major leak stories.

Wat.

Nice, maybe Nowgamer is closer to the mark, but I have my doubts.

This year is gonna be good is all I know. Both better bit hit this fall is all I know for maximum fun.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Waaghals

TFs are a horrible measure of performance.
I'm pretty sure Sony touted the PS3 has having 2TF in total, which would make the rumored "PS4" 10% slower.....

Edit: Here is an old discussion on the official PS3 performance numbers: Clicky

If I'm remembering correctly the X360 also had somewhat similar inflated numbers, but those were somewhat lower.

Pooya

LOL, what is this...

1-D_FTW

The nowgamer article is total shit, it is using a livejournal as a source. VG247 mentions they've talked to developers at CES, they also were spot on about several things I've heard. This is the first I'm hearing about 100 GB discs.

VG247 had pictures of Vita before any one else, so I'm more inclined to believe them.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most technical proficient at this, but it did seem like some really stupid numbers being thrown about. Then if you followed their link, it almost seemed to imply it would draw 230 watts from the wall (never happening). They also seemed to dig Ray Tracing out of the closet. Okay.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Nowgamer's report is based on that BS misterx blogpost stuff.

From VG247...I guess they're confirming the gpu stuff we sort of already knew, or were close to knowing.

3GB for Durango's OS is new and sort of on the high end of what was discussed.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most technical proficient at this, but it did seem like some really stupid numbers being thrown about. Then if you followed their link, it almost seemed to imply it would draw 230 watts from the wall (never happening). They also seemed to dig Ray Tracing out of the closet. Okay.

PS3 was 230 watts at launch.

EDIT: From the wall, the Power Supply was 380.

thuway

Nowgamer's report is based on that BS misterx blogpost stuff.

From VG247...I guess they're confirming the gpu stuff we sort of already knew, or were close to knowing.

3GB for Durango's OS is new and sort of on the high end of what was discussed.

The VGLeaks article seems to be more legit than we gave it credit for. I wonder what happened to the AMD A10 + 16 GB RAM devkits...

Lol, it took like 2 seconds to see the NowGamer article is utter bullshit.

VG247 is basically just reconfirmation, with an extra decimal point.

thuway

Just want to preface this by saying some of the best insiders have mentioned it is a wash. They have mentioned both systems have stregnths and weaknesses. Don't jump to conclusions based on raw numbers.

1-D_FTW

PS3 was 230 watts at launch.

EDIT: From the wall, the Power Supply was 380.

I know. And both consoles had absolute shit reliability. How many billions did Sony and MS lose in the first 2 -3 years of each launch? They are not going down this path again for many reasons. Will not happen.

After Sony lost billions with PS3 and MS also did massive losses with X360 at the beginning of the generation does it really come as surprise to people that the two are not shooting for the moon with specs this time? Not to mention heat problems that plagued this gen consoles already.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
VG247s source is likely B3D/GAF....

Maybe, although the Durango OS RAM figure was not what was being thrown about here.

They've also had verifiably 'legit' leaks in the past. Doesn't automatically give them credit for anything they post, but it's something to go on.

The NowGamer report is rubbish though.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Based on my experience of how the industry works in practice, the likelihood of the same "insider" having equal access to both next gen devices is pretty slim.

Until specs are publicly announced these sort of trade secrets are held jealously with NDA's and locked-door policies. i.e. separate teams with no communication allowed between the two under severe penalty of law.

I can see one "insider" having good knowledge of say XBox720, and another of PS4, but both... highly unlikely at this point.

Top Bottom