• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks: PlayStation 4 "Orbis" Roadmap

MS suits managed to extract him from his apartment before Sony ninjas came, and deliver him to unlisted supersonic plane that must remain airborne AT ALL TIMES to maintain secrecy. Who knows in what timezone is he now.

The supersonic plane is actually traveling against the rotation of the earth. Thanks to relativity (time dilation) we know he is aging slower than us on the surface. If sony keeps him up there for 6 months, he will be about .005 seconds younger than the rest of us.

If the man can time travel, hopefully he can at least drop us a few next-gen leaks.

Muitnorts

Killzone was one big piece of trash man. Everything was wrong with it, even the graphics sucked. Hell even the sound.

I dreamed man, when I saw those pics and articles in magazines I BELIEVED. So 2 shit games, and 1 good(not great) game.

I don't, feels like a franchise that isn't really all it was cracked to be. Time to move on to much greener pastures.

Hey that franchise does have a great game
Liberation

Honestly I think the original is the best of the main series. It was technically flawed but actually had a story with memorable characters and interactions. Hell, there was even growth from Rico in the original.

All the ideas of subtlety and nuance were lost when the series hit PS3. The Helghast were no longer allowed to be tragic figures and are now PURE EVIL so we should seek them out and annihilate every last one. No wonder they never revisited Hakha. He'd ruin that for them and might even remind Rico that the Helghast are sentient beings.
GG needs to work on a new franchise. Killzone's done for me.

Gorillaz

They need writers. Like real writers.

And hire back their MP staff from Killzone 2. Only an idiot would fire them.

EDIT: SuperDAE is gone. MS and Sony are tag team torturing him right now.

hqdefault.jpg

Jack_AG

Banned
I get what your saying, but i personally enjoy the Killzone games and look forward to another that serves as a techdemo for the power of Sony's next console.
KZ4 - 300ms of peripheral latency!

No thanks. New IPs and new tech that focuses on PERFORMANCE and PLAYABILITY.

rdrr gnr

I agree with Chuck. One more Killzone -- and unless it's spectacular -- kill it. Resistance, Ratchet, Socom -- all should be dropped.

B.O.O.M

I disagree about Ratchet. What needs to happen is they need to stop the spin off games of the franchise and make a friggin cartoon/animated series already. I mean seriously...

rdrr gnr

Don't you dare kill my Ratchet.
Ratchet and LBP are both expendable. And believe me, I love Ratchet (ACiT is one of the best games this gen) but I think we've seen the peak of the series. You want an E/T rated franchise? Make a new one.
Socom deserves another shot.
No. It's dead. Beyond dead and totally irredeemable. There comes a point in time where you lose value by tacking on a brand name to what should otherwise be a new IP.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding superDaE: I was able to access his webpage (http://superdae.com.au/) just a few hours ago. Sure, it only said "It works!" and featured no content. But now it seems to be gone completely.

Muitnorts

Fuk no! I say make real Ratchet game (Like Ratchet 2 or ACIT) every 3 years. That way it stays fresh and keeps fans happy.

Exactly! I'm not ready to give the series up. If nothing else let it go out with a bang and have Insomniac make one last adventure next gen.
I don't like the idea of one if my favourite franchises fizzling out with All4One and the tower defence one.
(Also good job name checking the best two Ratchets)

Globox_82

Banned
Roger Dean

I've been trying to track down his prints for years.
I remember my copy (or dads copy i should say) of Shadow of the Beast 2 came with a 24x36 poster of the cover art. Unfortunately it and the box vanished in a yard sale.

Thanks! Has he been working on some game(s) lately?

Jack_AG

Banned
KZ3 had some of the lowest input lag in a 30fps game.
It wasn't in the majority of 3@30 which, according to DF, is the best. So no - it didn't. Better than 2? Yes. Some of the lowest in a 30fps game? No.

Just sayin. I'll take playability over pixels any day.

i-Lo

He's wrong so....

I'll take analysis from DF over a random forum post, sorry.

When I did play it myself, I felt to be very similar to BFBC2 on consoles. Personally, it was nowhere near as atrocious as (approx 150ms for) KZ2 (which I must shamefully admit defending once saying it felt realistic and that all players would be handicapped equally online... oh dear oh dear).

To me, KZ3's movement response felt weighty but not cumbersome and I am sure they could reduce it further but they have reached a point where, at least for me, the induced lag is no longer detrimental to the gameplay.

CLEEK

He's wrong so....

I'll take analysis from DF over a random forum post, sorry.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-killzone-3?page=2

Digital Foundry said:
We've already taken a look at some of the improvements Guerrilla has made to the control scheme in our previous coverage. In the tech analysis of the Killzone 3 beta, we revisited the measurements and discovered that baseline latency has dropped by 33ms, from 150ms down to a crisper 116ms.

Don't know how 116ms compares to its peers for 30fps shooters. Still seems a lot to me, but KZ3 certainly felt much more responsive than its predecessor.

Servbot24

Banned
I think Sony definitely needs a FPS "Halo killer" type of game near the launch of PS4, but I don't think Killzone franchise has the reputation to be that. It already has a certain stigma of "yeah this is a solid series but isn't essential" whereas Halo is truly a sensation for gamers. If it were up to me I would assign Guerilla to a new FPS IP, give them plenty of resources, and hype the shit out of it upon release. I don't even like FPS games personally, but that's what I would do in Sony's shoes.

Massa

I think Sony definitely needs a FPS "Halo killer" type of game near the launch of PS4, but I don't think Killzone franchise has the reputation to be that. It already has a certain stigma of "yeah this is a solid series but isn't essential" whereas Halo is truly a sensation for gamers. If it were up to me I would assign Guerilla to a new FPS IP, give them plenty of resources, and hype the shit out of it upon release. I don't even like FPS games personally, but that's what I would do in Sony's shoes.

It doesn't matter what the game is called, what matters is marketing presence and I don't see Sony ever getting near what Microsoft accomplishes with Halo.

meta4

They dont need any Halo killer IMO. They should just release GT6 and they are good to go at launch

Top Bottom