• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knoxcore

Hype building

You have to admit, MS made a smart move in securing exclusive rights for Titanfall. They know how to choose 1, 2, or 3 centerpiece exclusives that sells consoles and makes a name for their system. A game like this can make any summer drought meaningless.

Knoxcore

Doesnt help that there are 3 Polygon judges(WTF)

Things like that doesn't matter to me. The three Polygon judges do not think en masse. They will have their debate and I'm certain it has been a lively debate on what game is not only the best of the year, but what game deserves to be ranked amongst the best of the generation.

beast786

You have to admit, MS made a smart move in securing exclusive rights for Titanfall. They know how to choose 1, 2, or 3 centerpiece exclusives that sells consoles and makes a name for their system. A game like this can make any summer drought meaningless.

No one knows how it will perform.. It's also on 3 platform with xb1 being with smallest base/community and mp only and new IP.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wow, this is falling at 4 AM in my local time ..

do they usually keep archives of the event ? or will i have to get up at 4 to see it live :(

I agree, they do tend to share the wealth for better or for worse. I do think GTA V will win GOTY, however. I just don't see how the most critically acclaimed game (that is also liked by the mainstream gamer) that sold 20 million+ copies is going to lose to The Last of Us. I think The Last of Us deserves to win, but at the end of the day I don't see the judges pulling the trigger on TLOU.

Why didn't Call of Duty win GOTY last year then?

Doesnt help that there are 3 Polygon judges(WTF)

Why is this coming back up? Geoff already said that Polygon only gets one vote.

I can't believe I'm defending these awards, as I think they're FAR from being something to take seriously (the GDC Awards and BAFTA Game Awards are the only legit videogame awards we have) but these conspiracy theories are ridiculous. If GTAV wins GOTY it'll be because of shitty opinions (or good opinions if you like that game), not because of Polygon's idiocy or 20 million+ sales.

Knoxcore

No one knows how it will perform.. It's also on 3 platform with xb1 being with smallest base/community and mp only and new IP.

It is being advertised primarily as an XBox One exclusive. The hype for this game is fairly large and with the expected beta announcement (is this fair assumption?) I'm certain we will be seeing a lot more attention devoted to this game. It will be big, dare I say, it will be a larger and more influential exclusive than Infamous. Unfortunately I won't get to play Titanfall, but I'm interested in seeing how this game evolves and whether it can be a legitimate successor to CoD.

Why is this coming back up? Geoff already said that Polygon only gets one vote.

I can't believe I'm defending these awards, as I think they're FAR from being something to take seriously (the GDC Awards and BAFTA Game Awards are the only legit videogame awards we have) but these conspiracy theories are ridiculous. If GTAV wins GOTY it'll be because of shitty opinions (or good opinions if you like that game), not because of Polygon's idiocy or 20 million+ sales.

Considering that Rockstar is going to be there and they're going to have a musical performance by various artists on the soundtrack, I think that we're far past the "if" point on whether or not GTAV is going to win the overall GotY.

mechphree

Considering that Rockstar is going to be there and they're going to have a musical performance by various artists on the soundtrack, I think that we're far past the "if" point on whether or not GTAV is going to win the overall GotY.

Love me some GTA 5 but last of us would get my vote for game of the year.

Knoxcore

Why didn't Call of Duty win GOTY last year then?

Because it was not the most well reviewed game that sold 20 million+. It was just another game that sold 20 million+.

Lets be honest here. Collectively, GTA V is one of the top two most well reviewed games of the year. The Last of Us is the second. The difference is GTA V was somewhat of a phenomenon. It was a bookmark on the last generation that came just two months before the introduction of the next set of consoles. It was a statement of what the previous generation could do. Having said that The Last of Us is something special. It shows us that serious storytelling is not just for movies or TV but can be made for games as well. If I had it my way I would cast my vote for The Last of Us.

Still, if any of these two games win it is well deserved and I certainly don't feel like I have a personal claim on the outcome.

Knoxcore

We probably won't even get a trailer. Just another damn teaser. Show us the real goods.

I'm getting this feeling Sony is going to be thin on the reveals, which is frustrating to me. Since the initial announcement of the PS4 back in February they have been coy about their future AAA offerings (with the exception of The Order).

I know what's up.

d62aa009e0dd75394e666c160270c027.png

I'm getting this feeling Sony is going to be thin on the reveals, which is frustrating to me. Since the initial announcement of the PS4 back in February they have been coy about their future AAA offerings (with the exception of The Order).

And even with The Order we didn't get any gameplay, even though the game was shown to Game Informer a few months ago. Come on, Sony. I'm rooting for you guys, but give me something to be excited about.

$500
ibcu0O6lnI7Krb.png

Hopefully they announce some new exclusives for XB1. $500 for Titanfall and Quantum Break is a hard pill to swallow.

I don't think they will personally.

Microsoft have quite a few games announced: Sunset Overdrive, Untitled Black Tusk game, Fable Legends, Halo, Kinect Sports Rivals, D4, Project Spark, Max The Curse of Brotherhood

We're getting Quantum Break and Fable Legends info this month (FL not at VGX though) I think it'll be E3 before they announce beyond those games.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Microsoft have quite a few games announced: Sunset Overdrive, Untitled Black Tusk game, Fable Legends, Halo, Kinect Sports Rivals, D4, Project Spark, Max The Curse of Brotherhood

We're getting Quantum Break and Fable Legends info this month (FL not at VGX though) I think it'll be E3 before they announce beyond those games.

I keep forgetting about Black Tusk. Seems like another game I might be interested in but it's probably 2 years off.

Erm, they have way more then those two games announced?

Oh, word?

I don't think so, they said they'll be announcing content more tailored to Japanese audience's tastes closer to the Japanese launch, so I'm pretty sure we'll be getting more Microsoft announcements over the next few months, although not necessarily at the VGX.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The more I see of this game the more excited I get. How vital are the first 2 games? Should I play them to catch up on the story?

Hard to say. The most important point of interest across the first two games is Geralt himself and his personal lore, like the people he knows and his background, which will drive big parts of the third game's story. But it's not like, say, Mass Effect, where the "Reapers" are an underlying narrative impacting the entire story in all three games. It would be easy to get into The Witcher 2 and enjoy it without having played The Witcher, and I think The Witcher 3 will be similar. CPDR have said they want it to be a decent entry point for new fans, too.

If you can't play either game a recap should be sufficient, teaching you about Geralt's character. CDPR will probably release an official one.

Bethesda out and the Division trailer is only a engine showcase. This thing is getting more boring with every hour.

Some people expect too much up front. Maybe it will be terrible/boring event, but also maybe they are just keeping the new announcements under wraps? If theres something new to be announced I don't expect them to say so beforehand otherwise whats the point?

Have some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom