• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
No footage of The Order is a bummer. Hopefully Sony and RAD just put the footage out there instead of waiting for the next meaningless gaming event.

I'm starting to think that people are supposing things about that show that have not been said. Or where did you find this piece of info? EDIT: Damn it, read the tweet!

Fuck. The Witcher 3 looks amazing. Should I play The Witcher 2? I was turned off by it's length but fuck me if the third game doesn't look amazing.

YES, Witcher 2 is one of the best games of the generation. It does have the potential to be pretty long, but I loved every second of it. It's almost two games in one, so you get much more out of a second playthrough than you would in something like a Mass Effect. I think my first playthrough was about 33 hours, but I was scouring every area and doing absolutely everything in the game, and my second time through I shaved it down to just over twenty, but I loved it so much I didn't want it to end. I'm sure you could get through it much more quickly if you mainlined story missions.

Linkhero1

YES, Witcher 2 is one of the best games of the generation. It does have the potential to be pretty long, but I loved every second of it. It's almost two games in one, so you get much more out of a second playthrough than you would in something like a Mass Effect. I think my first playthrough was about 33 hours, but I was scouring every area and doing absolutely everything in the game, and my second time through I shaved it down to just over twenty, but I loved it so much I didn't want it to end. I'm sure you could get through it much more quickly if you mainlined story missions.

That's not as long as I expected. I remember a few posters said it took them about 80 hours or so. 30-40 hours isn't much for me so don't mind if I do.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bioware devs have said something wasn't true or going to happen on their official forums quite a few times when they end up happening shortly after (seen it myself). I don't take that as confirmation of anything lol.

I want to believe. I want to be excited for the first "ME4" teaser. But it's hard when there is no sign of it happening tomorrow.

Who said so? Was it this guy?

memento_teddy.jpg

xD Hopefully!

ReaperXL7

I want to believe. I want to be excited for the first "ME4" teaser. But it's hard when there is no sign of it happening tomorrow.

Even if they had a trailer for ME4 it would not be gameplay, it would be a 5 second teaser of empty space or something.

Im kind of surprised, usually Geoff is pretty good at hawking his wares, and hyping people to the moon for these events. It seems like most are jist ready for disappointment now.

Unless there is allot of misdirection here it seems like the new format could have possibily effected what Publishers were willing to show here since its no longer on live TV.

SaucyJack

There isn't a PS3 version of this is there?

360/PC only?

Eldren

Looking forward to watching this, normally these kinds of shows are on at terrible times for a UK viewer but this one isn't too bad.

I don't really understand why there's no footage of The Order ready to show. Didn't the gaming press already see footage of it months ago? Why not just show that, seeing as the general public hasn't seen anything yet? It's frustrating.

Part of me is hoping Naughty Gods continue their tradition of big VGA/X trailers but I know not to get too excited. Still, I'm a little bit excited.

Basch

Give me PERSONA 5, Geoff! Fuck these games.
jk

Seriously though, I can't stop thinking about it. Even when I know it's not reasonable to expect it to make an appearance. :'(

Looking forward to watching this, normally these kinds of shows are on at terrible times for a UK viewer but this one isn't too bad.

I don't really understand why there's no footage of The Order ready to show. Didn't the gaming press already see footage of it months ago? Why not just show that, seeing as the general public hasn't seen anything yet? It's frustrating.

Part of me is hoping Naughty Gods continue their tradition of big VGA/X trailers but I know not to get too excited. Still, I'm a little bit excited.

Yeah, it's a shame. It can't be that hard to cut a little trailer for the fans if they showed lots of stuff to Game Informer months ago.

I really hope Naughty Dog is there to show something (and not just Last of Us DLC).

TimFL

I hope they show off a proper next gen trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game (the announcement teaser trailer was current gen and showed nothing).

Gorillaz

Joel McHale's sarcasm is enough to make the show watchable. He's hilarious on The Soup and community
Sony in general has been really quiet even though they're usually very active with this show. And i'm not even sure that Uncharted will be there since Geoff used that as an example of an expectation that people have for the show when he was on Greg Miller's IGN show.
I think they aren't saying anything because like you said they are pretty active at these shows. I mean TLoU was shown off there 2 years ago. I think they have Uncharted there atleast and are probably saving it for a first up thing or a last trailer of the night sort of deal especially if they win GOTY for TLOU

jbug617

Banned
Brad Shoemaker hype

@bradshoemaker: Just got one of the most impressive debut pitches for a game I've seen in years. *Really* hope it pans out. It'll be on the VGXs tomorrow.

Edit: New IP according to Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom