• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

xfactor

Banned
admartian said:
I'm shitting bricks now

I've played that game to death for years and only now I see it
RE3 is choke full of 'em. There are at least 30 of such weird stuffs in Raccoon City

Here's one more:
There's a Playboy mag on the right table
R50101.jpg

LiK

man, that mario fact just blew away the entire thread incuding the OP which i thought was a well known fact.

Jasoco

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Heh. Here's one that's supposed to be pretty debated, since nobody can tell if it's just a coincidence or not.

From the end of Earthbound:

The Devil's Machine that seals in Giygas, found at the end of a long organic tunnel:
http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08430/devilcervix488.jpg[IMG]

Giygas himself, if you look closely:
[IMG]http://xs232.xs.to/xs232/08430/giygasbaby310.gif[IMG]

...Yeah. So, apparently Ness and friends were actually performing a cosmic abortion.[/QUOTE]
My mind has been blown.
[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn113/ZekeTplumber/ness.png

Speaking of Arwings, does everyone know about the Arwing you can fight in OOT with a gameshark? It's not exactly part of the game, but I didn't find out about it until a year or two ago.

23li9l5.jpg

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I was looking up some MJ stuff and found this about Thriller

In the game Final Fantasy VIII, during Edea's Parade, the masked dancers are performing the dance moves from "Thriller".

Pretty cool, not mindblowing though

..pakbeka.. said:
I don't think they were, whoever wrote that probably made a mistake

I don't know if that's true or not, but there is an animation demo of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within that I believe is Thriller. If it is true, they might have used the motion capture data from VIII.

AAK said:
23192925_Unmasked.jpg

AlbertWesker.jpg

They look a bit too much alike. DMC shows its Resident Evil roots.

It's a well known fact that DMC1 was born from early RE4 concepts. The castle is in both games and the puppets even appeared in early RE4 trailers, and surely Phantom is of RE inspiration. Even Dante and Leon share hairstyles. I'm sure there are more similarities someone else can list.

Looks like the Rick Astley and Chrono Trigger Robo seamless mix has been removed, but the author has posted up a complete mix. It actually sounds pretty good. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ20N6syuwc
No I'm not trying to rick roll, okay?!

edit: what the heck?! it's been removed!!
edit: oh, no it hasn't...

Graphics Horse said:
Mother 3's Hot Spring Bath music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJUy-j7M_6U

Is a slowed down version of the Open Sesame music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqDX99s8wLA

Mind blown!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
RiskyChris said:
Speaking of Arwings, does everyone know about the Arwing you can fight in OOT with a gameshark? It's not exactly part of the game, but I didn't find out about it until a year or two ago.

23li9l5.jpg

wat

Shaneus

HOLY SHIT
2yto5sl.jpg

The 'R' logo in Rallisport Challenge contains an 'S' in it! (as shown above)

Mind blown. Only just found this now, too.

PacoDG

This is really reaching, but I just passed by the page of reddit and it seemed neat:

GlaDOS

glados.jpg

And here is what the artist believes they were trying to convey

glados2.jpg

MrDaravon

Tera thought this deserved a post, from the Chrono Trigger DS thread:

A lot of people like to point out the inconsistency of Marle casting fire on the Chrono Trigger coverart. 99% of people have never realized that the Chrono Trigger coverart is actually the three of them doing the Arc Impulse triple tech (Crono leaps off Frog's back, Marle's magic turns Crono's sword to fire, and he strikes). Completely explains the Crono's sword being on fire, and why Frog is kneeling on the ground. 2nd tech seen here.

206zmtf.jpg

SailorDaravon said:

A lot of people like to point out the inconsistency of Marle casting fire on the Chrono Trigger coverart. 99% of people have never realized that the Chrono Trigger coverart is actually the three of them doing the Arc Impulse triple tech (Crono leaps off Frog's back, Marle's magic turns Crono's sword to fire, and he strikes). Completely explains the Crono's sword being on fire, and why Frog is kneeling on the ground. 2nd tech seen here.

Nice! Not mind blowing, but certainly does explain things. I guess it's a reverse mind-blow from the poster who said Marle was casting the wrong spell. :)

SOLDIER

SailorDaravon said:

206zmtf.jpg

Nice theory, but wrong; one of the first screenshots of CT while it was still a game in progress shows Marle casting fire, just like Lucca. Apparently she was originally going to be the fire caster.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
SOLDIER said:
Nice theory, but wrong; one of the first screenshots of CT while it was still a game in progress shows Marle casting fire, just like Lucca. Apparently she was originally going to be the fire caster.

But didn't that fight take place in a temple? So either way, it's still wrong.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
SOLDIER said:

Dude... Marle is not casting Fire on that cover. LOOK at the sword - its engulfed in flame.

Ness427

What gets me about the Chrono Trigger box art is they're fighting Heckran with Frog in the party. Frog wasn't around during that fight.

Metal B

EmCeeGramr said:
Heh. Here's one that's supposed to be pretty debated, since nobody can tell if it's just a coincidence or not.

From the end of Earthbound:

The Devil's Machine that seals in Giygas, found at the end of a long organic tunnel:
devilcervix488.jpg

Giygas himself, if you look closely:
giygasbaby310.gif

...Yeah. So, apparently Ness and friends were actually performing a cosmic abortion.

wow, i never know how deep und surrreal earthbound really is ... this fight with his pictures and music feels like fighting against getting insane ... only love and friends holding againgst really becoming it.

Earthbound 3D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJrbL9ZDrZM

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
PacoDG said:
This is really reaching, but I just passed by the page of reddit and it seemed neat:

GlaDOS

glados.jpg

And here is what the artist believes they were trying to convey

glados2.jpg

I don't want to seem like a dick, but I can't see how that wasn't entirely obvious immediately @_@

RetroMG

JetSetHero said:
I don't want to seem like a dick, but I can't see how that wasn't entirely obvious immediately @_@

I can. I was usually trying to move fast during that fight, so I wasn't usually paying that much attention to the detail.

But looking at this picture, I can see the Yellow Module, (Curiosity,) and Blue Module, (Cake,) but I find the placement of the Red Module (Rage) to be interesting. I'm not going to say anything more than that. It's just... interesting.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
JetSetHero said:
Did you notice it when you've played the game? In the pic above it's very obvious but not during a first playthrough when part of your attention is focused on her speech and you're figuring out what to do in that situation.

Gagaman

Fuu said:
This just in from the latest Sonic Unleashed thread. When you see it...

1juatv.png
The Dreamcast is clearly seen sitting beside Robotnik in this later cut scene too: (Spoilers of the final boss) > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hZpsSZFLurY

And the Dreamcast shows up AGAIN in the Night of the Werehog short film, watch closely at 2:10 and again at 7:47, it's sitting on a small round table. A lot harder to see but it's there. The animators must really like the Dreamcast =)
> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H7QOdvxWAac

Chairhome

radiantdreamer said:
I can't find an image anywhere of it, but in Final Fantasy 1 there was a tombstone I think in the elf village that read "Here Lies Link".
on the nes version, its actually "Edrick", which is a misspelling of the Dragon Warrior hero, but i just read that later remakes of the game changed it to Link.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Fuu said:
Did you notice it when you've played the game? In the pic above it's very obvious but not during a first playthrough when part of your attention is focused on her speech and you're figuring out what to do in that situation.

I did indeed, and so did the person I was playing with. Maybe I happened to see it at an unusual angle by chance or something. I dunno.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
JetSetHero said:
I did indeed, and so did the person I was playing with. Maybe I happened to see it at an unusual angle by chance or something. I dunno.
I wish I did too. Must have been pretty cool to see the shape at that time. :)

Top Bottom