• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

View all your XONE clips online on this user created site, it's amazing!

And we can't have something like this on Playstation because you can only share stuff to facebook. Still the dumbest idea out of the Sony camp this gen.

JLck

You can disable games automatically saving clips in settings.

So I either have to have ALL the clips or NONE of the clips? That doesn't help. I don't think EA intended for Fifa to do that, it's a glitch that never got fixed as it doesn't record every other little thing you do every time - just the first.

I want my other games to auto record.

Haunted

So if these are the actual .mp4 clips, someone should make a NeoGAF extension for .mp4 like we have for .webm.

muzzymate

The iFrame doesn't behave well on Safari on my Macbook at a 1280x800 resolution. I can only see part of the video. I have to right click the video and select "Open Video in New Tab" to see the whole video. However, this is awesome! Makes you wonder why Xbox.com still so 360 focused?

http://xboxclips.com/videos.php?gamertag=Muzzymate

Edit: Also, I love how easy this makes it to save your clips. Right click and "Save Video As".

PorllM

Banned
And we can't have something like this on Playstation because you can only share stuff to facebook. Still the dumbest idea out of the Sony camp this gen.

Is there no chance Sony could release a site like this themselves soon, or someone else could do it? I'd really love to be able to share my videos and screenshots somehow.

Bgamer90

Banned
Alright it's working again for me now. But yeah, great site.

This is like the current gen version of those user created gamercard sites back during the Xbox 360 gen.

sangreal

Is there no chance Sony could release a site like this themselves soon, or someone else could do it? I'd really love to be able to share my videos and screenshots somehow.

Of course they could do it, but it would require changes from Sony. All videos are stored locally on PS4 until you upload them. On xbone, game clips are all stored in the cloud and it is a simple API call to look them up by game or user like this site is doing

p3tran

Banned
microsoft, you go and hire the dude that made this site, like RIGHT NOW!!

this needs to be evolved stat! no way in hell I am wasting time "uploading" shit anymore.

2nd tier country customer here, upload speeds reaaally suck

so chop chop! its for your own good

amazing.

Is there anyway to full screen them?

Bottom right corner of the video makes them full screen.

this needs to be evolved stat! no way in hell I am wasting time "uploading" shit anymore.

Anytime you say "Xbox record that" they're uploaded automatically.

sangreal

It's a cool site, but they did all the work so I don't know why they would hire him. All he does is call Microsoft's api -- https://gameclipsmetadata.xboxlive.com/users/xuid({xuid})/clips which spits all of this out

p3tran

Banned
Anytime you say "Xbox record that" they're uploaded automatically.

I dont have the kinect attached unless i want to use it. but explain this to me: if i say "record that", it saves the last 30seconds in the format that still needs to be put to upload studio and actually ..uploaded to places like onedrive, in order to be able to be viewed outside the xbone, right?

this site displays clips in my browser that I have not gone to the process to actually upload. I just saved them.
big difference.

unless the "record that" voice command actually does the upload to onedrive too? but even then, if i play online and it starts automatically to actually upload my clip, I may as well stop playing because of the lag.

is there something I am missing here?

It's a cool site, but they did all the work so I don't know why they would hire him. All he does is call Microsoft's api -- https://gameclipsmetadata.xboxlive.com/users/xuid({xuid})/clips which spits all of this out
yes, of course he did not invent the wheel, but why this functionality is not yet available by ms? unless, as i wrote just above, I am missing something here? :D

I dont have the kinect attached unless i want to use it. but explain this to me: if i say "record that", it saves the last 30seconds in the format that still needs to be put to upload studio and actually ..uploaded to places like onedrive, in order to be able to be viewed outside the xbone, right?

this site displays clips in my browser that I have not gone to the process to actually upload. I just saved them.
big difference.

unless the "record that" voice command actually does the upload to onedrive too? but even then, if i play online and it starts automatically to actually upload my clip, I may as well stop playing because of the lag.

is there something I am missing here?

No, it does not upload to onedrive, but why is that important? It uploads them to your Xbox One profile, and this site we're looking at today. That's all that matters to me.

Regarding lag, well, you're gonna have to get better internet speeds to help you there. It gives me no lag when I do it.

JaggedSac

Games that auto create clips really shit up my page, lol. I can only imagine the number of peggle clips that would be there if pagination were there.

JaggedSac

Thats pretty cool, MS need to get themselves in gear and get it like this on Xbox.com

Friggen definitely. Why they haven't done it is mind boggling. Should be a page that floats the content to the top as well based on views as well. Basically, they needed to have a full fledged video consumption web site for this stuff.

p3tran

Banned
No, it does not upload to onedrive, but why is that important? It uploads them to your Xbox One profile, and this site we're looking at today. That's all that matters to me.

so where is this xbox one profile site that I can view the videos that I have *only* saved, and not gone through the process of uploading them with upload studio?
I guess this is the thing I didn't know..?

danwarb

so where is this xbox one profile site that I can view the videos that I have *only* saved, and not gone through the process of uploading them with upload studio?
I guess this is the thing I didn't know..?

You can't view clips you didn't upload or that didn't auto upload, some games do that a lot.. There's a bunch of FIFA and Peggle clips on mine, plus one Dead Rising and TitanFall beta clip I uploaded.

This is pretty awesome. Here is my page. The videos that say "Upload Studio" are custom-made ones, where the other videos were automatically recorded by the Xbox One.

The videos are playing great for me. Here is an example of one I recorded from Dead Rising 3 where enemies from a boss fight appeared in the cutscene afterward, even though they shouldn't have! It's from very early in the game.

Hawk269

Ok..that is pretty cool. MS should contact this guy and say thank you and give me a check or something.

Top Bottom