• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

View all your XONE clips online on this user created site, it's amazing!

so where is this xbox one profile site that I can view the videos that I have *only* saved, and not gone through the process of uploading them with upload studio?
I guess this is the thing I didn't know..?

When I say automatically uploaded to your profile I'm talking about the profile your friends see on their Xbox One. I got to your profile on my Xbox One and I can see and watch all of your videos, just because you said "xbox record that". You did nothing else to put them there.

They are also shared on your friends feed upon uploading. And now, due to this site, they're also visible there.

weeeeezy

Banned
This is awesome. I always had to use upload studio so I can get a onedrive link to share with friends. Now I can link this site directly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Watching unpublished videos might be a privacy concern...

That's the major issue and why MS will probably pull it down (besides bandwidth).

But it's a neat idea and it's mind boggling why Sony/MS don't do it. I guess to "save costs" and not have a massive bandwidth bill from the whole internet pulling videos from their servers.

p3tran

Banned
When I say automatically uploaded to your profile I'm talking about the profile your friends see on their Xbox One. I got to your profile on my Xbox One and I can see and watch all of your videos, just because you said "xbox record that". You did nothing else to put them there.

They are also shared on your friends feed upon uploading. And now, due to this site, they're also visible there.

yes, so no matter the way the videos where saved (via "end clip" or voice command), this site is the very first time we have them available outside of the xbone, without using upload studio. right?

That's the major issue and why MS will probably pull it down (besides bandwidth).

But it's a neat idea and it's mind boggling why Sony/MS don't do it. I guess to "save costs" and not have a massive bandwidth bill from the whole internet pulling videos from their servers.
nah, they can spare the bandwidth since this is free fuckin' marketing for them I think.
plus, they could even put a tiny mountain dew/doritos ad in the very bottom of the page and I wont even mind, because this saves me time.

oh, and in the question you originally answered, its very simple I think to have a flag yes/no if you want your saved video available through web or not.

blurrygil

Shame it doesn't display ALL of your videos. I have a fantastic little 4min clip of my favorite "rocket snipes" on Battlefield 4, background music and all.

Well, enjoy some of the half-crap I've uploaded this week. :p

*Pretty much all BF4*

blurrygil's Uploaded Videos

TheSeks

nah, they can spare the bandwidth since this is free fuckin' marketing for them I think.

This is the same MS that pulled "MyGamercard"'s API functions off their servers after giving them the go-ahead because it was pulling too much data or something eventually. I wouldn't put it past them if that's the reason they aren't putting .webm or small .mpg files up online.

p3tran

Banned
Once again MS provides an API to do this. Seriously...
yes, great and of course everybody understands its microsoft's work here.
but the implementation, this simple site if you prefer that just makes calls to the api, this is useful and should be enhanced asap! like for example, right now it simply brings up the 16 last videos of the user who;s gamertag you enter. enhance this with a ui that allows for some filtering, and you got a killer app there.

anyways, here;s me playing a little defence, testing my brand new shiny shield 8)
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...tran&vid=ae39447b-c2c9-4b7c-a263-8203a371aaad

TheSeks

I dont have the kinect attached unless i want to use it. but explain this to me: if i say "record that", it saves the last 30seconds in the format that still needs to be put to upload studio and actually ..uploaded to places like onedrive, in order to be able to be viewed outside the xbone, right?

this site displays clips in my browser that I have not gone to the process to actually upload. I just saved them.
big difference.

unless the "record that" voice command actually does the upload to onedrive too? but even then, if i play online and it starts automatically to actually upload my clip, I may as well stop playing because of the lag.

is there something I am missing here?

yes, of course he did not invent the wheel, but why this functionality is not yet available by ms? unless, as i wrote just above, I am missing something here? :D

Any videos you record from xbone is saved to the cloud, both using the Record That command or when you manually record them from the game dvr app. Edited clips also get uploaded to the cloud.

The export to onedrive/youtube features are just a way to export them out of the cloud.

is the site broken or did MS close the door?

Watching unpublished videos might be a privacy concern...

Ms already exposes unpublished videos on xbone itself and on the smartglass app.

When you publish it you are only uploading to skydrive or youtube, the videos on the 'cloud' storage are already accessible at all times by anyone.

Caayn

Awesome site. Only thing missing is a videoplayer, but I can understand the bandwidth issues that would give an independent developer.

Shame that my automatic game DVR has been broken for almost three months now :(

Sweet my COD:Ghosts griefing video is up:

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2583538179101254&gamertag=Mysterym&vid=f4c2b24e-064d-4fd3-8a00-f710a2b8c391

The moons of Jupiter must have been in exact alignment as the three of us tried to walk through a door together and I managed to block the other two in.

I typically play sensibly but this was too funny to pass up, this ended with up with all three of us getting killed before normal service was resumed.

I love these kind of griefing videos. Reminds me of this legendary Team Fortress 2 Team Roomba stuck entrance video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
Weird! I've never seen that glitch before. I wonder what it looked like in third-person.

holy snap guys my video is on the top views D: with 4,000 views :O that means they must like that glitch lol
Yeah same here, it just happened lol, then the server crashed lol, i couldn't stop laughing when i was riding the pilot lol i was like what? lol

EJStyleS

Awesome! My mate's been tinkering around with similar stuff on his site - surfacing all of the stat tracking for the games you've played (no. of regens, minutes played, total kills etc.), plus check out all of your clips without the hassle...pretty cool to be able to download videos without OneDrive faffing.

http://clips.playr.io/

Anion

Awesome! My mate's been tinkering around with similar stuff on his site - surfacing all of the stat tracking for the games you've played (no. of regens, minutes played, total kills etc.), plus check out all of your clips without the hassle...pretty cool to be able to download videos without OneDrive faffing.

Woah! Dude. This is incredible. I love how it is organized

Wow, so I click the PvZ picture and see not only my videos, but also my level and the number of zombies and plants I killed as well as my total play time!

TrueGrime

Oh dude. This is nice. I like how it separates the games and gives game info too.

jond76

Banned

Cool. Only thing is that there is no easy way to link to a single clip to share it. Unless I'm missing it...

EJStyleS

Cool, cheers for the great feedback already! Aside from grabbing the link directly, he says it's definitely the next thing to get URL shortening going on for easy posting - also to enable sharing options on hover over a clip image, plus Twitter and the like.

jond76

Banned
Cool, cheers for the great feedback already! Aside from grabbing the link directly, he says it's definitely the next thing to get URL shortening going on for easy posting - also to enable sharing options on hover over a clip image, plus Twitter and the like.

Sounds great!

Orca

yes, great and of course everybody understands its microsoft's work here.
but the implementation, this simple site if you prefer that just makes calls to the api, this is useful and should be enhanced asap! like for example, right now it simply brings up the 16 last videos of the user who;s gamertag you enter. enhance this with a ui that allows for some filtering, and you got a killer app there.

anyways, here;s me playing a little defence, testing my brand new shiny shield 8)
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...tran&vid=ae39447b-c2c9-4b7c-a263-8203a371aaad

Imagine this with a 'most popular' filter to show you what's caught people's eye over the last week or month?

How'd you get it to record so long, P3?

You can have up to five minute clips, and can stitch together multiple of those I believe.

Top Bottom