• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN

The July issue of Arcadia had VF5: FS as the second most popular arcade in Japan, so i'm not expecting Sega to do anything that would hurt its positioning.

Mœbius

I have a feeling 2012 will be a good year us ever-suffering VF players.

This thread always reminds me that I had to leave both my VSHGs back home in storage in the UK - how I miss them. :( I love you MarkMan but the VSHG is on another level; feel like going on a search for another one.

Imagine if Final Showdown does happen and they re-issue the VSHG! A man can dream...

Leckan

So are we desperately hoping for TGS 2011 reveal now? I gave up after last year but maybe there's still a chance?

Yeah, I know I know...

Chacranajxy said:
Don't spout bad ideas. Nobody sensible wants a dumbed down version of Virtua Fighter and the last thing we need is for Sega to get the impression people want one.
riskVSreward said:
Lol, its safe to say you're alone in that boat. Why not put it on Android and iOS to make it even more akward to play...
But would it really have to be that dumbed down? There are fewer characters than in DOA:D, the stages aren't as complicated, and there won't be any story videos taking up valuable cart space. I figure the animations will transfer mostly intact, as well as most of the costume items. The DOA:D controls were much more comfortable to me than SSFIV:3D, and I guess I just trust AM2 to create a more complete experience than Team Ninja. If the issue is to not take focus off the main consoles, fair enough, I just figure it couldn't hurt. Fighter stick purists will never see the point of a hand-held VF, I respect that, but I still want this to become a reality.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Leckan said:
So are we desperately hoping for TGS 2011 reveal now? I gave up after last year but maybe there's still a chance?

Yeah, I know I know...
EVO would be the best place to announce it.

Will buy for Goh

DukeTogo1300 said:
But would it really have to be that dumbed down? There are fewer characters than in DOA:D, the stages aren't as complicated, and there won't be any story videos taking up valuable cart space. I figure the animations will transfer mostly intact, as well as most of the costume items. The DOA:D controls were much more comfortable to me than SSFIV:3D, and I guess I just trust AM2 to create a more complete experience than Team Ninja. If the issue is to not take focus off the main consoles, fair enough, I just figure it couldn't hurt. Fighter stick purists will never see the point of a hand-held VF, I respect that, but I still want this to become a reality.
You're clearly looking at this with a bias for the 3DS. You just want a single player experience to go with your shiny new handheld. Fighters are meant to be played with other humans, and the best way to do that is with a couple of sticks in front of a big screen. I mean we don't even have a console release and you are wishing for a portable release? That's what the VF community needs, a handheld release. Then we can all gather at tournies with 3DS in hand and really see who the better player is. What with the superior button layout, d-pad and stability of the DS, who could ask for anything more?

pirateben said:
I have a feeling 2012 will be a good year us ever-suffering VF players.

This thread always reminds me that I had to leave both my VSHGs back home in storage in the UK - how I miss them. :( I love you MarkMan but the VSHG is on another level; feel like going on a search for another one.

Imagine if Final Showdown does happen and they re-issue the VSHG! A man can dream...
That would be rad.

And a Lindbergh variant in the vein of Hori's Premium VLX or Sega's own HSS-0130

Okay, now I'm fucking dreaming

riskVSreward said:
You're clearly looking at this with a bias for the 3DS. You just want a single player experience to go with your shiny new handheld. Fighters are meant to be played with other humans, and the best way to do that is with a couple of sticks in front of a big screen. I mean we don't even have a console release and you are wishing for a portable release? That's what the VF community needs, a handheld release. Then we can all gather at tournies with 3DS in hand and really see who the better player is. What with the superior button layout, d-pad and stability of the DS, who could ask for anything more?
So what if I'm wishing for it? I too prefer the arcade experience, but that isn't really possible during my long nights at work. I only recently picked up DOA:D, and playing it I could only think of how great it would be if it were a VF title. If we don't get VF5FS on the 3DS, I can at least cross my fingers for a port of VF4 in the spirit of the PS2 releases. I don't give a damn about the 3D, it could land on the competitor's hand-held for all I care, I just want something portable that is VF and was hoping with this fighter revival we're seeing on the 3DS that AM2 may have taken notice.

DukeTogo1300 said:
So what if I'm wishing for it? I too prefer the arcade experience, but that isn't really possible during my long nights at work. I only recently picked up DOA:D, and playing it I could only think of how great it would be if it were a VF title. If we don't get VF5FS on the 3DS, I can at least cross my fingers for a port of VF4 in the spirit of the PS2 releases. I don't give a damn about the 3D, it could land on the competitor's hand-held for all I care, I just want something portable that is VF and was hoping with this fighter revival we're seeing on the 3DS that AM2 may have taken notice.
You're entitled to your desires, but the "fighter revival" came with SF4 3 years ago. What you're seeing on the 3DS is devs trying to cash in on not only the current popularity of fighters but also new Nintendo hardware.

riskVSreward said:
You're entitled to your desires, but the "fighter revival" came with SF4 3 years ago. What you're seeing on the 3DS is devs trying to cash in on not only the current popularity of fighters but also new Nintendo hardware.
I don't mean to mix up phrases with those more commonly known, but I've really been taken by surprise by the string of fighters we're seeing on this system. The DS had one weird multi-level Guilty Gear game, but the 3DS has already seen Street Fighter, and DOA, with Tekken and BlazBlue on the way. The only current series I like is VF, so naturally I hope to see Sega give it a shot too. The d-pad really isn't bad either. I'm able to pull off moves with it much more consistently than I could with a vanilla PS3 controller, though I typically use a HORI stick for that.

Trojan X

Banned
I'm sure the size limit is bigger than 2GB, especially when you can download games that are 6GB in size. Maybe things might change by mid 2012 but we'll see.

Seriously though, why one whole year away?!

Vespa

Caj814 said:
TGS 2010:
Vpxjt.jpg
Endure a little longer for tasty beverage!

fantastic news, and i'm really glad it's standalone (can't play my current copy on my current 360 due to region-locking). will get on PS3.

hell of a long wait, but at least it's coming!

Top Bottom