• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtual Console Megaton: Sin & Punishment rated by OFLC (Australia's Rating Board)

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Can't say the game looked particularly great from the Youtube videos I just watched, but I'm always curious to play games I keep hearing about but never got a chance to play. Will be picking this up when it's released just because.

Tiktaalik

Yeah I'm going to buy this day one, not just because it's a great game, but to support the concept of bringing over Japanese titles that were not released in NA.

Joe Molotov

John Dunbar said:
Can't say the game looked particularly great from the Youtube videos I just watched, but I'm always curious to play games I keep hearing about but never got a chance to play. Will be picking this up when it's released just because.

Do you think Starfox 64 or Panzer Dragoon look particularly great? Because this is like that, but with more awesome.

Tanukid

Great Job Nintendo!

Now I can only hope they release Pulseman on VC as well, since that's another game with full english voice acting.

Plus it was one of Game Freak's earlier games.

Okay, now I'm officially excited. Day one purchase from me, too! Wiimote support would indeed rock, but I'll be happy if it just shows up.

CTLance

Dragona Akehi said:
It'd be hilarious if PAL gets it before North America.
Hell, imagine if PAL is the only non-Japanese region to get it, much like Tingle's Rose Coloured Rupeeland.
That'd be funny. And I'd have to get a PAL Wii.
If you mean by "funny" "All Europeans get simultaneously banned from neogaf after a sound beating" and "survivors will be stoned to death by angry gamers" then yes, I'll presume it will be "funny". :D

It'd also mean I couldn't hate on NoE anymore, and had to stop whining about european release schedules and stuff. Not good.

Anyway, back on topic:
63sdfdi.jpg

53perme.jpg

676azhd.gif

It looks like Sin & Punishment...

horatio460.jpg

...is a worldwide phenomenon.

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh shit, this game is so fucking cool.
I actually don't even like Treasure much, but I've always wanted to play this game.

Fio

little offtopic, sorry. But could any gaffer turns Dark Ninja's avatar into a animated gif, where the guy cries ?

I hope this is the gateway game that opens a floodgate on VC of old games being localized for previously unreleased regions.

Mother please.

TheHeretic said:
Whats the big deal concerning this game,

and

Why wasn't it released in the West to begin with?

It's an on-rails shooter (a la StarFox 64) from Treasure.

It was probably intended for release outside Japan but for whatever (dumb) reason NOA decided against it. Its Japanese release was at the end of 2000 when the N64 was on the way out. Maybe NOA didn't want to to risk the expense of manufacturing the carts. Who knows why? Who knows why Mother 3 isn't out, or why it took them so many years to bring out Pokemon.

The cancelation was frustrating at the time because the game is one of the very few non-cutesy, critically acclaimed Japanese games made for the N64. Remember ,the N64 was the first system where Nintendo started to be seen as kiddy. The SNES had many excellent Japanese titles and S&P seemed like it would be a SNES shooter in 3d. But beyond that it's always annoying when a good game doesn't get released where you live.

highspeeddub said:

It was probably intended for release outside Japan but for whatever (dumb) reason NOA decided against it. Its Japanese release was at the end of 2000 when the N64 was on the way out. Maybe NOA didn't want to to risk the expense of manufacturing the carts. Who knows why? Who knows why Mother 3 isn't out, or why it took them so many years to bring out Pokemon.

The cancelation was frustrating at the time because the game is one of the very few non-cutesy, critically acclaimed Japanese games made for the N64. Remember ,the N64 was the first system where Nintendo started to be seen as kiddy. The SNES had many excellent Japanese titles and S&P seemed like it would be a SNES shooter in 3d. But beyond that it's always annoying when a good game doesn't get released where you live.

Ah, excellent, cheers.

Watched some demo's, and frankly I find the old school polished 2D look a lot easier on the eyes than the earlier 3D games (even OOT is hard going), but it looks like it would work well with the Wiimote, assuming its gameplay is up to scratch.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
highspeeddub said:

Conker had bombed horribly, nothing was selling well on the N64, it was suppose to come out in the second half of 2001. Basically NOA bailed out of the N64. Its a shame because when you read developer interviews they had originally made this game for NA gamers.

Top Bottom