• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

XMSHO

OP for the Saturn version. :p
OH My, that thing... was one of the most ridiculous things I watched in years!
Don't going to link it cuz hell, it will spoil the entire VN. But it will make a good laugh for anyone who already finished YU-NO, so it's highly recommended! XD

OH My, that thing... was one of the most ridiculous things I watched in years!
Don't going to link it cuz hell, it will spoil the entire VN. But it will make a good laugh for anyone who already finished YU-NO, so it's highly recommended! XD

just found it

(YU-NO SPOILERS)

Why is 95% of the damn video focusing on Dela Grante, something that's SUPPOSED TO BE A GODDAMN SURPRISE FFS

seeing Sayless again hurts ;___;

BTW, thank you Jazz for the links.

Xblaze has a Steam page now. Not that I'd really recommend it unless its cheap. Though I suppose the comedy in it was alright, the gag route was the best part of the game.

Knurek

So, umm... I read one of the routes in Asphyxia.

asphyxiahxupy.png

8/10, would fap to long dead English poets again.

Knurek

Is it good?

Good prose (flowery, but this is IC given who the game is about), great art (even though the chara design is a tad pedo IMO) and music. No typos, no grammar errors I could spot.

Worth the 5 or so hours it takes to go through all four routes at least. Especially if you're like me and got the game through that Humble Bundle. Worst case scenario - you learn something about English literature. :)

Good prose (flowery, but this is IC given who the game is about), great art (even though the chara design is a tad pedo IMO) and music. No typos, no grammar errors I could spot.

Worth the 5 or so hours it takes to go through all four routes at least. Especially if you're like me and got the game through that Humble Bundle. Worst case scenario - you learn something about English literature. :)

Still bite myself in the ass I didnt buy that HB :(

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm in a chat with friends, I'm the biggest VN gamer. Someone bought that bundle and sent the code to the chat, I told everyone not to redeem it since I'd do it when I got home. Guess what happened when I got home.

I find it amusing that you thought people would listen. lol

Lain

Man, the partnership between Winged and MG lasted what, 2 months? 3?
They cut with SP over creative differences (i I remember the PR right) and hooked up with MG. Now they cut with MG over creative differences... and went back to SP.
I can't help but feel this is all a bunch of bullshit.

Also, got a backerkit email for Libra. First question is if I have a reference code... what's this about? That code to get the exclusive image? If so, what was the code?

Clannad Update:

Production Update #10 / Backerkit Address Lockdown Notice

We just got word that the physical boxes of CLANNAD have finished production and are being prepped for shipping. The estimated date of arrival to our warehouse is February 25. While the 9 pallets of dangos slowly make their way upstate we're going to prepare Backerkit and the rest of the goods in wave 1

Shipping window: March 1 - March 10

Jazz573

Beat Blades Haruka delayed until MG fixes their payment processor problems

Oh, also the new Baldr game is coming this Summer. It's called Baldr Heart. A bit iffy on the moe artstyle.

I'd like to link the website, because it's nice, but I don't know if I should link it. The game's site is SFW tho.

Also, got a backerkit email for Libra. First question is if I have a reference code... what's this about? That code to get the exclusive image? If so, what was the code?

I think I posted it somewhere in this thread? Okay. iris:3 is the code.

Nekopara is out on Steam.

The 18+ version and the patch to make the Steam version 18+ are available on Denpasoft's website, which I won't link to since it's NSFW.

Physical copies will be available at Sakura-Con in Seattle the end of March, and any left over after that will be sold online. Source. Kind of a stupid way of doing it, honestly. I've got the limited edition of the first, kind of want it for the second, but I live nowhere near Seattle, and it's kind of lame that I either have to buy it twice or wait a month to get it.

jonjonaug

Man, the partnership between Winged and MG lasted what, 2 months? 3?
They cut with SP over creative differences (i I remember the PR right) and hooked up with MG. Now they cut with MG over creative differences... and went back to SP.
I can't help but feel this is all a bunch of bullshit.

I'm guessing Mangagamer's commitment to high quality releases these days didn't mesh with the Sakura team's usual MO of putting out poorly edited products with super short run times. I know that some MG people were talking about being able to make the scripts acceptable in actual English. Maybe Winged Cloud had a problem with that, or maybe MG wanted to charge for that (seeing as that's extra work on MG's part to spruce the game up to the point they'd not feel bad having their name on it) and weren't willing to put the product out otherwise and WC didn't want to pay up.

EDIT: Speaking of "quality releases", it looks like there's reports of Nekopara 2 crashing on Steam if you don't use Japanese locale.

Marche90

Wow... Who would have thought that Nekopara vol. 2 of all the titles available would be the one that would put my tablet to the test? Things aren't that bad with two on-screen sprites, but once a third one appears, Windows starts complaining about not having enough memory and asks me to close some programs, while everything slows down to a crawl. I had to close most processes on the tablet to get it running decently again, even those that seemed semi-important. At least it seems like I'll be able to play it there.

Lesson learned: 1 gb of RAM is not enough these days, at all...

Shizuka

Wow... Who would have thought that Nekopara vol. 2 of all the titles available would be the one that would put my tablet to the test? Things aren't that bad with two on-screen sprites, but once a third one appears, Windows starts complaining about not having enough memory and asks me to close some programs, while everything slows down to a crawl. I had to close most processes on the tablet to get it running decently again, even those that seemed semi-important. At least it seems like I'll be able to play it there.

My tablet runs most visual novels just fine.

I'm a little late, but I thought this fell off the face of the planet.

They're planning a Steam release and are adding the content from the PSP all-ages version, but they needed to translate it and apparently the head of the company has ended up doing it. It still sounds a ways off unless they launch the Steam version at a different time.

LayLa

what tablets are you both using? was thinking of picking up a cheap windows tablet for visual novels, surfing in bed etc.

Knurek

I'm guessing e-mote is to blame for this?

Marche90

If yours has 2 GB of RAM, yeah, I would guess that issues won't appear to you. Mine has 1 GB, and there lies the problem. This is the only title that has some issues due to the "barely enough" system RAM, btw.

what tablets are you both using? was thinking of picking up a cheap windows tablet for visual novels, surfing in bed etc.

I use a Vulcan Challenger II (unknown brand). I like it, but battery life is atrocious, around 5 hours if you're only using it for reading ebooks, around 2.5 hours if you're playing a Standard 1280x720 vn and simple VNs bumps the run time to around 3.5 hours on a full charge. Try getting something from a known brand, or at least something that has been reviewed before.

Edit:
I'm guessing e-mote is to blame for this?

Yup.

Shizuka

I'm using the Lenovo Thinkpad 8. I had a few hiccups with WEE1, but nothing constant or distracting.

If yours has 2 GB of RAM, yeah, I would guess that issues won't appear to you. Mine has 1 GB, and there lies the problem. This is the only title that has some issues due to the "barely enough" system RAM, btw.

Yeah, I think mine has 2GB of RAM.

Yuuichi

I use a vivonote tab 8, as long as you're not playing anything super new or with resource heavy effects (no translated titles come to mind other than NP) then anything with similar specs is probably fine.

But why, in the year 2015 (when you probably bought it) would you get a computer with only 1gb of ram. Windows basically uses 1gb, it's been that way since vista. I can't think of a nonbudget phone released in the last few years with less than 1gb of ram. Just, why would you do that to yourself.

Original link has been deleted, I wonder what it was.

it was an email that seemed to be a reply from Kevin that stated S;G0 was being localized for EU, and to keep it "strictly CONFIDENTIAL."

If I had to guess it's probably
fake, even though there was a lot of very good details I had to double check, given PQUBES evasiveness to this point. I still think they're working on 0, but that the email itself was fake.

Yuuichi

I'm pretty sure it was fake because PQUBE spends the majority of their time moving announcements backwards, not leaking them via email.

Also, if someone goes and asks what kind of phone he uses, that'll tell me a lot.

Marche90

I use a vivonote tab 8, as long as you're not playing anything super new or with resource heavy effects (no translated titles come to mind other than NP) then anything with similar specs is probably fine.

But why, in the year 2015 (when you probably bought it) would you get a computer with only 1gb of ram. Windows basically uses 1gb, it's been that way since vista. I can't think of a nonbudget phone released in the last few years with less than 1gb of ram. Just, why would you do that to yourself.

Uh... it was the cheapest I could get at the time and my budget was around $80 xD. I got it almost exactly a year ago, actually.

And to be honest I seriously underestimated how limiting that would be. Visual novels usually aren't that resource-intensives, even those that run at 720p, so I thought that that tablet would be able to hold me until I was able to get something better. Oh well, as long as VNs like Nekopara are the exception and not the norm I think that tablet will still be useful for another year at least. The things I do there are limited to reading VNs, use it as an eBook reader, do some light internet browsing, Youtube, CR and Netflix and testing apps (I do a bit of software testing on the side and that tablet has been useful for that purpose), so in that sense I got what I needed, even if the experience can be better.

Top Bottom