• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh and, anyone here having a hint for me?
6mHhS.jpg

To fully synch this mission, I need to kill him using a powder keg, but there is none to be seen anywhere. To look around more easily, I already managed to dispose of the 15 or so guards patrolling this fort.

...anyone?

Ridley327

Oh and, anyone here having a hint for me?

To full synch this mission, I need to kill him using a powder keg, but there is none to be seen anywhere. To look around more easily, I already managed to dispose of the 15 or so guards patrolling this fort.

...anyone?

I think it's by one of the carts; it's hard to see if you don't have a gun equipped, as the highlights will point it out. You should grab one of the rifles that one of the roof guards dropped to see it pop up.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think it's by one of the carts; it's hard to see if you don't have a gun equipped, as the highlights will point it out. You should grab one of the rifles that one of the roof guards dropped to see it pop up.

You just saved my sanity. Thank you.

VanWinkle

FYI you can still see all patch notes from all game and 3rd party app patches at any time.

Go into bubble layout and background selection mode (hold your finger on a bubble for a few seconds)
Then press the ... on one of the bubbles and then click on Update History. That will then list every patch and all the notes that came with it.

Oh man, I completely forgot about that. Thanks man!

Iacobellis

I hope 64GB with folder support is on its way soon, 32 isn't enough - I even remember reading an article back in february that said they knew UK downloaded quite a lot digitally and that they were trying to get larger sizes out there [edit: although the 32 was still not available at the time]

Still have loads of games I want to put on but will have to wait. I'm like 12GB short for things that I already have. Shame switching between my 32 and the 16 currently ruins the customisation.
At least there is a bit more flexibility now and I've got mostly healthy screens, not too much empty space (I read how that upsets some of you :p).

I still can't put on the GTAs, GoW, Puddle, Modnation:RT (as if actually) Dissidia, ZHP, Prinny 2, Loco Roco 2, couple of racings games...final fantasies, gex games, g-police and some other stuff I want on there but it's not too shabby now!:

Where did you get the rear touch pad wallpaper?

Skyzard

Banned
Where did you get the rear touch pad wallpaper?

The grey one with the playstation symbols? Not entirely sure but will upload it, one sec. - hah just noticed the rear touchpad has the symbols, nice. I always have it in the grip..

I'm glad that AC save-corrupting bug got fixed as well, could have been a longer wait. Safe to pick up now I guess.

Carl

The grey one with the playstation symbols? Not entirely sure but will upload it, one sec. - hah just noticed the rear touchpad has the symbols, nice. I always have it in the grip..

I'm glad that AC save-corrupting bug got fixed as well, could have been a longer wait. Safe to pick up now I guess.

I love dat backtouch design.

ZeroAKA

What should I do with my P4G Solid Gold Edition that just arrived in the mail today? I already downloaded the digital version (no regrets). I kind of want to keep the extras and sell the game, but I also don't want to separate the whole package. :/

Skyzard

Banned
^ The retail version has extras that the digital doesn't? It's coming out Feb here in EU and was planning to buy it digitally (my first persona game as well) as I heard the game lasts forever (80+hours)..

How do i enter the recovery meny? If i hold down the powerbutton for 30+ seconds, it just turns the Vita on or off.

Once it is off, hold the power button down. - at least I thought it was just the power button - had a search just now and it says:

Ensure that the Vita console is turned off
Press the PS button, Power button and Right Shoulder Button at the same time and hold for couple of seconds.

I love dat backtouch design.

Yeah it's nice and classical playstation - I didn't even realise it was the rear-touchpad till Iacobellis mentioned it.

marrec

Banned
What should I do with my P4G Solid Gold Edition that just arrived in the mail today? I already downloaded the digital version (no regrets). I kind of want to keep the extras and sell the game, but I also don't want to separate the whole package. :/

Obviously you should send it to me.

oldmario

save glitch got fixed? havn't seen a patch appear for the it yet since the day 1 patch

Skyzard

Banned
^ lol yeah pretty surprised - the lighting is really bad in my room..

That worked, thanks! :)

Yeah, if the Vita freezes, then it is enough to just hold down the power button. I thought it was the same if process even if the Vita hadnt freezed.

Ah I see, yeah that's what I thought too.

save glitch got fixed? havn't seen a patch appear for the it yet since the day 1 patch

That's what I heard, patch notes on the previous page..one sec

Toma

Today:
Patch notes for AC 1.02:

SP
1. Fixed Save game corruption issues
2. Fixed issue where game exits to Ubi logo
3. Fixed instances of music stopping under specfic circumstances
4. Fixes time based stat tracking
5. Minor japanese trophy text fixes

MP
6. Fixed an issue where a new agent wouldnt put up in the roster upon levelling up
7. Fixed minor sound issues
8. Balancing: Attacking victory node with remote attack power up improved
9. Balancing: Geolocation bonus pack tweaked

Sort of boggles my mind that someone cares enough about a click-to-win MP mode to tweak the balancing in a patch.

Noi

Nice going AC. new patch, new bug:

Screen stays black, although I can move around the map. Happened when buying the last dressing chamber, only way I found to fix it was to restart the memory. Guess if you have more than 1 dressing chamber left and you still need the dressing chamber achievement, this could be highly annoying.

Not a new bug. It happened to me a total of two times over my whole playthrough pre-patch. It's just very uncommon, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone unreported.

marrec

Banned
Not a new bug. It happened to me a total of two times over my whole playthrough pre-patch. It's just very uncommon, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's gone unreported.

It seems pretty common in this thread, it has something to do with buying the last Dressing Chamber in a zone. I wonder what else needs to be happening for it to bug out like that.

N30RYU

Posted this in the wallpaper thread, anyone wanna help?

"My Vita is still on the way and I can't try this wallpaper I made...
Can anyone set the black background and put a bubble on the bracelet and take a screenshot?

I don't know if the transparecies will work well...

Thanks."

Twinduct

So honestly .. still no footage of Sonic Racer? Is it that much of a stinker Sega? Will we have a game with a lower MC than COD?

I got my Solid Gold Edition yesterday and the sealed game is just a regular P4G. No manuals, flyers or anything inside the regular P4G game case (it's only the game cart just like other typical Vita releases) that makes it any different from a non-Solid Gold Edition one. So feel free to sell it off and if you ever feel the need to have a "complete" set of it again, just rebuy a regular copy of P4G.

VanWinkle

Posted this in the wallpaper thread, anyone wanna help?

"My Vita is still on the way and I can't try this wallpaper I made...
Can anyone set the black background and put a bubble on the bracelet and take a screenshot?

I don't know if the transparecies will work well...

Thanks."

Here you go. The symbol needs to go down a little.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wipeout hanging on the pre-load screen after loading the race. SMH. Just let me race. :/

Yay my origin order came today. Feel free to add me if anybody still plays most wanted.

psn kincade

what postage did you pay for when you did your Origin order? i did the 5-7 day order and I haven't been able to track the package with the number they sent me

Nazgul11

I've got a question for those of you with PS+ and a smaller card...

Let's say there's a new free game with PS+ added that you want on your download list, but don't want on your memory card at the time. Do you guys just purchase it and as soon as the auto download starts, you just cancel it?

Also, why is it that with some downloads there are two downloads that get queued? Is one of them a patch or something?

Toma

I've got a question for those of you with PS+ and a smaller card...

Let's say there's a new free game with PS+ added that you want on your download list, but don't want on your memory card at the time. Do you guys just purchase it and as soon as the auto download starts, you just cancel it?

Also, why is it that with some downloads there are two downloads queued? Is one of them a patch or something?

Full game unlock/Online Pass probably.

And you dont even need to start the DL after buying. Once you "buy" a game for free, it will ask you whether you want to dl it or not. Simply dont dl, you can still access it later then.

KAOS

Skyzard:
"Shame switching between my 32 and the 16 currently ruins the customisation."

Why this issue has not been address yet is beyond me!!!

I love the Vita and don't mind having multiple mem cards with all the games I want to purchase. However this is freaking discouraging because it's a hassle to have to sift through each one!!!

Sony please figure out how to save customizations to individual mem cards!

Yopis

what postage did you pay for when you did your Origin order? i did the 5-7 day order and I haven't been able to track the package with the number they sent me

Same did 5-7 days also. Package was in mailbox today. The tracking number never worked the entire time. Look for it the next few days. Hope your not far behind me.

Keep it! Just as a collectors item.

Nazgul11

Full game unlock/Online Pass probably.

And you dont even need to start the DL after buying. Once you "buy" a game for free, it will ask you whether you want to dl it or not. Simply dont dl, you can still access it later then.

I never get the option to download it or not, it always just auto starts the download. The only option it gives me is whether or not I want to share it as an activity.

Toma

I never get the option to download it or not, it always just auto starts the download. The only option it gives me is whether or not I want to share it as an activity.

Hm, there is a chance that I might be misremembering that. In that case, yeah, cancel the DL.

Nazgul11

Hm, there is a chance that I might be misremembering that. In that case, yeah, cancel the DL.

You might be remembering the way it works on a PS3? Cause I know for a fact that you can definitely purchase without downloading there...

On the Vita though, it seems unavoidable since the "Buy" button on free PS+ games actually just straight up say "Download".

Toma

You might be remembering the way it works on a PS3? Cause I know for a fact that you can definitely purchase without downloading there...

On the Vita though, it seems unavoidable since the "Buy" button on free PS+ games actually just straight up say "Download".

Ah yeah, that could be.

It's what I did. I've already platinumed Uncharted so I had no reason to let it download, but there's no reason to not "buy" it when it's free. :)

I can sort of see what you are getting at, but in the end it still comes down to "I dont like/didnt expect genre X so its a minus for me", which has nothing to do with proper impressions as its says nothing about the quality of the game. If you dont like the genre you are going to review, then why not letting someone review it who actually knows a bit about the genre?

I review music and I wouldnt touch a Metal record with a ten foot pole because I have no fucking clue how to rate it, since I have no experience with the genre. Writing a metal review and then saying "God damn is this noise shit loud and I cant fucking understand anything", basically saying "Nope, metal sucks" is NOT something that should be in a review.

In the case of Fight for Fortune, make it clear in the opening paragraph that its not what you'd expect and then rate it on its own merits. You can still express your wonder and surprise about the different genre, but outright declaring a genre as a minus is just plain stupid.

True, and it's one of the biggest problems I think with reviews. I like the idea of it being a bullet point, I would only dislike if they subtracted from the numerical score for only that reason. I think the bulletpoint is good because it is associated with a certain type. When I heard it was coming out I assumed it was a regular uncharted game but figured something was up (Shorter digital only thing like they've done with Ratchet & Clank, etc.) but I didn't know it was a card game. For many a card game is an extremely niche place to place a game (see metal gear acid's reaction) so I think it's good for people to be aware it's a card game and not just another uncharted game but if you're actually lowering the score itself because of it then your review is beyond worthless. I agree it maybe shouldn't be a negative bulletpoint since it makes it seem bad but I can see the point in that maybe they wanted to address that, hey this isn't another regular uncharted game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom