• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
True, and it's one of the biggest problems I think with reviews. I like the idea of it being a bullet point, I would only dislike if they subtracted from the numerical score for only that reason. I think the bulletpoint is good because it is associated with a certain type. When I heard it was coming out I assumed it was a regular uncharted game but figured something was up (Shorter digital only thing like they've done with Ratchet & Clank, etc.) but I didn't know it was a card game. For many a card game is an extremely niche place to place a game (see metal gear acid's reaction) so I think it's good for people to be aware it's a card game and not just another uncharted game but if you're actually lowering the score itself because of it then your review is beyond worthless. I agree it maybe shouldn't be a negative bulletpoint since it makes it seem bad but I can see the point in that maybe they wanted to address that, hey this isn't another regular uncharted game.

Yup, true. Thats basically what I was getting at. If its just a "bullet point" to hint at the gametype without something being subtracted from the score, then its just... a very unluckily chosen spot to do so but I could sort of deal with it.

It just reminded me too much of the announcement/backlash thread where people complained about the UC franchise being watered down with a card spinoff game that no one hasnt even played yet.

Oh, link where they said more DLC is planned please?

From PlayStation blog....
Curved Terrain Pack (free download)

This one’s for the platforming fans out there. Bend, stretch and shape curves to add smooth surfaces to your smooth beats. Many of you have been waiting for this, and it’s free today. (It’s also key for some future DLC, but we’ll keep that a surprise for now.)

Yup, true. Thats basically what I was getting at. If its just a "bullet point" to hint at the gametype without something being subtracted from the score, then its just... a very unluckily chosen spot to do so but I could sort of deal with it.

It just reminded me too much of the announcement/backlash thread where people complained about the UC franchise being watered down with a card spinoff game that no one hasnt even played yet.

Ya, I think that's mostly from card games just being incredibly niche games. Not to mention a lot of times when something like this is done it can be really half assed and so even people like myself who love card games get disappointed by the mechanics they decided to use. :/ I'm hoping it's a good card game though!

zulux21

Ya, I think that's mostly from card games just being incredibly niche games. Not to mention a lot of times when something like this is done it can be really half assed and so even people like myself who love card games get disappointed by the mechanics they decided to use. :/ I'm hoping it's a good card game though!

I am hoping it turns out well as well as I could use some more card games on my handhelds since stuff like culdcept seems to have problems getting brought over anymore :/

zulux21

WAIT, culdcept saga games are card games??? How did I not know this? Are they any good?

I should be clear, they are card board game hybrids lol
think if you combined monopoly with a card game sort of like magic the gathering where you need to summon monsters from a deck of cards in order to protect or take over an area.
I enjoyed my time with culdcept on the 360 well enough, but the story mode is a pain. It's been a while since I have played so I can't really go into to much detail on the game... if it was on my handheld I would likely play it a lot more but I get distracted by other things when I boot up my 360. I do recall it takes a while to build up enough cards to make a good deck though. You get cards for winning or losing and there are 500 or so unique cards in the 360 version, so getting them all would take some serious hours.

Don't worry I'm sure NoA will localize Culdcept 3D... hahahahaha no.

:/
I haven't heard anything about that game since shortly after the launch of the 3ds in general let alone think about an english release... did it ever come out in japan?

Takao

Banned
I am hoping it turns out well as well as I could use some more card games on my handhelds since stuff like culdcept seems to have problems getting brought over anymore :/

Don't worry I'm sure NoA will localize Culdcept 3D... hahahahaha no.

Carl

Europe (or SCEE people, whatever) who care about Oddworld - Stranger's Wrath is out on 19th of December - the day after the US get it.

No it isn't cross-buy or cross-save.

J0dy77

Slightly off topic question. If I play Valkyria Chronicles 2 on my Vita prior to playing 1 on the ps3 will I be missing out? Do the stories link together?

Slightly off topic question. If I play Valkyria Chronicles 2 on my Vita prior to playing 1 on the ps3 will I be missing out? Do the stories link together?

There are some spoilers in VC2 regarding VC, but the are quite obvious anyway and are even spoiled in the intro of VC.

Velcro Fly

Played a couple hours of Uncharted and it really seems cool. I'm a history buff, so mysterious stuff like that is something I really enjoy. I feel like I missed a lot so I'll probably go back and replay the first chapter again pretty soon to explore.

I dislike the balancing parts when Drake is walking across a log. It is my one big complaint that at the start it was hard for me to judge how much to move.

All in all, definitely a really fun game that I get to play basically for free. I sunk 90 minutes+ into the game almost without thinking today. It's rare a game is good enough to immerse me that much without me noticing. What finally made me stop was my stomach growling.

If I ever get a PS3, I'll have to check out the Uncharted games. If Golden Abyss is any indication, I may have missed out on some fun games.

Carl

I dislike the balancing parts when Drake is walking across a log. It is my one big complaint that at the start it was hard for me to judge how much to move.

Indeed, those parts and the mandatory touch parts are incredibly crap. Actually, SOME of the touch stuff is okay (i quite enjoyed charcoal rubbings) but yeah. Most of it is crap, especially melee finishers and touch screen boss fights. Hate that.

Even so it's a fantastic game, as you say.

Shahed

Europe (or SCEE people, whatever) who care about Oddworld - Stranger's Wrath is out on 19th of December - the day after the US get it.

No it isn't cross-buy or cross-save.

It's the cross save that I'm really thinking about. Not to bothered about cross buy since it was free on PS+. If a game is free on Plus and I really like it, I tend to buy some sort of DLC or something to go with it, even if I never use it.

PS3 Strangers Wrath is way at the bottom of my backlog. If I end up liking it when I eventually get round to it, I'll buy the Vita version if it has cross play/save

Carl

It's the cross save that I'm really thinking about. Not to bothered about cross buy since it was free on PS+. If a game is free on Plus and I really like it, I tend to buy some sort of DLC or something to go with it, even if I never use it.

PS3 Strangers Wrath is way at the bottom of my backlog. If I end up liking it when I eventually get it, I'll buy the Vita version.

Yeah fair point. Shame about the cross-save thing but apparently it's a technical limit (save files are too big or something)

spats

Played a couple hours of Uncharted and it really seems cool. I'm a history buff, so mysterious stuff like that is something I really enjoy. I feel like I missed a lot so I'll probably go back and replay the first chapter again pretty soon to explore.

All in all, definitely a really fun game that I get to play basically for free. I sunk 90 minutes+ into the game almost without thinking today. It's rare a game is good enough to immerse me that much without me noticing. What finally made me stop was my stomach growling.

If I ever get a PS3, I'll have to check out the Uncharted games. If Golden Abyss is any indication, I may have missed out on some fun games.

Glad to hear you're enjoying Golden Abyss. If you ever get around to playing Uncharted 2, you're in for a real treat.

Shahed

Yeah fair point. Shame about the cross-save thing but apparently it's a technical limit (save files are too big or something)

I wonder about that. How big can the save file really get? I've seen my cousin use cross save on MGS and Blazblue and it's very straightforward. If they can patch that into the PS3 version and have it on Vita as well, I'm sure they'd see more sales

Carl

I wonder about that. How big can the save file really get? I've seen my cousin use cross save on MGS and Blazblue and it's very straightforward. If they can patch that into the PS3 version and have it on Vita as well, I'm sure they'd see more sales

I asked on facebook and they said there's a 1MB limit on cross-saves. SW is 5MB, i think they said.

JoshHood

PS3 Strangers Wrath is way at the bottom of my backlog. If I end up liking it when I eventually get round to it, I'll buy the Vita version if it has cross play/save

See I'm kinda the opposite - started it on PS3, but when I found out it was coming to Vita, realised I'd prefer it there (play more Vita now than PS3) so stopped and waited.

For those that otherwise missed it, time to grab your Technika Toner!

Game is up via search!

8244889525_b9dde04da3_z.jpg

vdlow

Finally got my hands on my ACL Vita bundle. Damn, the white Vita is incredibly sexy. It's an amazing system, and dat screen!

Going through Uncharted now. Probably will follow with AC:L and then Gravity Rush and Jet Set Radio. Sorry vitabros, I don't like JRPGs, so no Persona for me. =/

Shahed

I asked on facebook and they said there's a 1MB limit on cross-saves. SW is 5MB, i think they said.

Fair enough then

See I'm kinda the opposite - started it on PS3, but when I found out it was coming to Vita, realised I'd prefer it there (play more Vita now than PS3) so stopped and waited.

Opposite indeed. As much as I like the Vita, and loved DS and PSP (and eventually 3DS I'm sure), I'm primarily a console gamer. Much prefer playing on them.

For example I've never done a race on the Vita version of Motorstorm RC, aborted my purchase of Peace Walker PSP as soon as I heard of the HD Collection, and despite owning Chains of Olympus on PSP, I never got Ghost of Sparta since I went for the Origins Collection.

Tizoc

Strikers 1945 Plus is $5 on US PSN. I take it's a Shoot'em-up right? How is it as a one-player game?

Also which of the PSP Front Mission games are worth getting?

...and is Ape Escape on the loose a remake of the PSX game? If so how is it compared to the PSX ver.?

Finally Prinny 1 is on sale for $5, but i take it 2 is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom