• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

I thought the non-native stuff was output at a lower resolution. I guess I was confused, my bad!

Ignorance, I guess, only said that because everyone always seems to be complaining about games not running at native res, lol

That's what happens when you don't play the Vita for like a month and a half *quietly slips away*

Some of the high profile games that try to maybe accomplish more than the system can handle or weren't optimized for the Vita are sub-native. The majority of games are native resolution and it seems that more and more high profile games too are native res (which is fantastic).

zroid

Banned
Some of the high profile games that try to maybe accomplish more than the system can handle or weren't optimized for the Vita are sub-native. The majority of games are native resolution and it seems that more and more high profile games too are native res.

Weell, that's good to know

zulux21

Looks like it...

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/1...ttle-royal-how-to-get-your-free-vita-version/

Guess I won't be buying it from GF used after all. New for under $25 or bust.

yeah my usual plan would be from GF as well as they include the cases with new instructions but if it's all on disk that will be a bust. on the plus side it means my ps all stars won't be a chipped disk :p

oh well I am sure it will be $20 new soon enough if the 88k (combined vita and ps3) sales for nov are accurate that I am hearing.

I know this had been said before but I love Gravity Rush how ever the controls while fighting are HORRIBLE. I seriously want to quit... again. Now the other problem I have is the game gets you to points where your damn tired of fighting however if you quit your gonna have to start over. might as well suffer through it.

I really do love the game but it makes me want to introduce my Vita to floor at times.

I know this had been said before but I love Gravity Rush how ever the controls while fighting are HORRIBLE. I seriously want to quit... again. Now the other problem I have is the game gets you to points where your damn tired of fighting however if you quit your gonna have to start over. might as well suffer through it.

I really do love the game but it makes me want to introduce my Vita to floor at times.

What sections are you having trouble with? I haven't had any problems with the controls so far, although the swipe to dodge is a bit strange.

Gxgear

I'm afraid to turn on my Vita, because then I'd have to somehow make room for Sine Mora and When Vikings Attack :/

It's the game itself, not the controls (which is spot on for me). You're constantly making 180 degree turns, enemies are firing at you from all sides, you're shifting sideways to upside down every 3 seconds...it's disorienting. The Vita analogs do their job well, but they're no Dualshock 3 (and understandably so).

Yopis

Never had any problems honestly. Mentally if you can picture yourself in space, your fine. Space and distance in relation to other objects, and the ground, are top priority.

Maybe Im in the minority but, I liked the fact that freedom existed. Reminds me of playing a flight sim from cockpit view.

What sections are you having trouble with? I haven't had any problems with the controls so far, although the swipe to dodge is a bit strange.

I think it was chapter 16/17 that I was doing earlier. I've had the game since launch and I remember being annoyed with the controls earlier this year. (Maybe it seems worse after the 4 month break)

It's the game itself, not the controls (which is spot on for me). You're constantly making 180 degree turns, enemies are firing at you from all sides, you're shifting sideways to upside down every 3 seconds...it's disorienting. The Vita analogs do their job well, but they're no Dualshock 3 (and understandably so).

I like the gravity shifting bit. It's kinda fun, and everyone I show the game to just want to fly around all day. Some people get used to it, some don't.

CatPee

Gyro camera controls are your friend. Stick for large pans and gyro for fine tuning is a winning combination. You don't need to be dead center with the targeting either. Just have the blue circle be in the general area of your target and you should be dead on. Also spam Gravity Kick.

falconzss

Gyro camera controls are your friend. Stick for large pans and gyro for fine tuning is a winning combination. You don't need to be dead center with the targeting either. Just have the blue circle be in the general area of your target and you should be dead on. Also spam Gravity Kick.

I also recommend turning the sensitivity of both the gyro and sticks to max.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
enoirmeplz said:
The best way to treat combat is like you're dogfighting - stay off ground at all times and use kick attack as your "gun". For bigger enemies you're basically doing strafing runs.

Number45

My experiment seems to confirm, but I wanted a second opinion. If I set saves to automatically upload at night, I can't have a game running in the background for it to actually work, right? One night I had Person 4 running and it didn't upload the save. Then I killed the game and the next night it uploaded. Seems to confirm it, but want to be sure it isn't coincidence as it is kind of annoying I can't leave a game in the background.
Well, this isn't quite accurate. I left Gravity Rush running overnight last night, and it still uploaded saves to the cloud - but only my Pure Chess and Uncharted saves, it didn't upload Gravity Rush (which I'd played most throughout the day). So it looks like it won't upload saves for the game you're playing, but for others it works fine.

Well, this isn't quite accurate. I left Gravity Rush running overnight last night, and it still uploaded saves to the cloud - but only my Pure Chess and Uncharted saves, it didn't upload Gravity Rush (which I'd played most throughout the day). So it looks like it won't upload saves for the game you're playing, but for others it works fine.

This is true. If the application is open, it won't touch the save.
My ToMB save uploaded but my Sine Mora did not, as Sine Mora was active.

Is there any way to change the time of the auto upload?

Does the Vita inform you of when it has uploaded the game saves, like in the notification section?

I don’t think mine has done it since FW2.0, I know they only just patched a fix for it but I still haven’t had it update my saves. I think that the opinion that it only does it if you don’t have anything open could be right for some at least because mine doesn’t seem to have updated automatically at all for me.

nvm.

EDIT: Sina Mora demo is pretty damn good. Looks nice too.

How long is the game?

From start to finish in arcade mode, 7 stages, I think.
There's a ton of modes. And a ton of unlockables. I've put over 5 hours into it so far and only just managed to beat Story Mode.
There can be a bit of slowdown in some of the later levels, but it's not something that shows up often.
It's totally worth $10 if you liked the demo.

Does the Vita inform you of when it has uploaded the game saves, like in the notification section?

I don’t think mine has done it since FW2.0, I know they only just patched a fix for it but I still haven’t had it update my saves. I think that the opinion that it only does it if you don’t have anything open could be right for some at least because mine doesn’t seem to have updated automatically at all for me.

Auto save upload won't work unless you're on FW2.0.1.
And then you have to go into CMA, select cloud, then go into upload to cloud and press the "i" on each game to turn it on.
Then the game can't be in running state when it occurs.
You will receive a message for each uploaded game, just like the "Your trophies have been synced to the server." notification.

vdlow

So, my Vita really has a problem. Turned it off, turned it on again, turned off the screen , plugged the charger, pressed the PS button, the lockscreen appeared but the touch screen was not working. And I'm from Brazil, my Vita was bought in Amazon by a friend, so I can't send it back and get another one. I'll have to live with this problem. It's not that badactually. I just have to remember that, when charging, I have to unplug the charger, unlock the screen, and then connect the charger again.

Auto save upload won't work unless you're on FW2.0.1.
And then you have to go into CMA, select cloud, then go into upload to cloud and press the "i" on each game to turn it on.
Then the game can't be in running state when it occurs.
You will receive a message for each uploaded game, just like the "Your trophies have been synced to the server." notification.

Oh ok, i think what i am missing is the checking of the different games in content manager, wasnt aware you could do that so thanks for the help :)

As much as i love PS+ on Vita, the only thing i would add is being able to choose what time it updates ect, you can do taht on PS3 so hopefully they will add that at some point.

One last question, does it only update the saves that have been accessed since the last time it auto uploaded them or does it just do all of them each time?

CatPee

I've developed a thirst for playing ARPGs/Zelda-likes on the go. Aside from Gurumin, Alundra, and Brave Fencer Musashi, what else should I get?

Sintoid

Strange thing about Capcom Classics Remixed on Vita. After you play it you can't go online anymore. You have to turn off and restart Vita. I think it depends on the wireless activity of PSP emulation (CCCRemixed uses it for local multiplayer)

DBT85

Should be over starting next year with tearaway,soul sacrifice,killzone etc. all handheld games should be native res.

They really don't need to be though. LBP Vita proved that. Some AA slathered on top and a native UI makes it look fantastic. Sure Native is always better but the problem we've had so far is non native games that didn't do anything to try and improve the IQ. AC:L and U:GA both needed some AA and HotShots needed a native UI.

And I am pleased to announce that this morning on my train journey to work I Aced the final story level on LBP Vita. I must have done that level 50 fucking times and yet in bleary eyed delirium at 06:30 this morning I managed it. That is now every story mission done. Like Uncharted its the first time I've gone back and replayed a game to do this stuff. As much as I liked LBP 1 & 2 on the PS3 I never had time to go back but with the Vita I can.

Bittercup

I could need an advice for a game for the holidays :)
I'm visiting my parents so most time will be spent with the family, but in between I like to play with my Vita. Last time I had Plants vs. Zombies. That was perfect to just play some levels, pause and continue some other time.
I'm thinking about maybe Touch my Katamari or Silent Hill Book of Memories.
I love the first PS2 Katamari game but was very disappointed with Katamari Forever, which makes me worried about the Vita Katamari. The first game on PS2 was so relaxing and friendly and just fun to play, while in Forver the King was always mean and the levels stressful with the time limits. How is Katamari for Vita?
And Silent Hill: I enjoyed the Demo (except the long loading) and a dungeon crawler could be an ideal choice. But I don't know much about the game besides the demo. Still fun later on? Is the story any good? Item/leveling motivating?
Or any other games? I love RPGs.
Unfortunately Persona 4 isn't released here (EU). Same with Ragnarok Odyssey.
(so far I own Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Gravity Rush, Lumines, Mutant Blob and Escape Plan)

I've developed a thirst for playing ARPGs/Zelda-likes on the go. Aside from Gurumin, Alundra, and Brave Fencer Musashi, what else should I get?

Tomba. seriously I think Zelda fans will appreciate the exploration and puzzle solving element in Tomba

I think Threads of Fate is similar to Brave Fencer Musashi, there's also Ys games, but that really emphasis on action than puzzle solving. but do try Ys 7. it's really good.

also, I remember liking Tokobot on psp. don't know if it's on ps store though.

bradigor

Looking through the new SEN Webstore and it occurred to me, just how many games there are on the PS3 at the moment that would be wonderful if ported to Vita.

PixelJunk Games
Peggle
SEGA Collection
Walking Dead (and other Telltale games)
Bejeweled 3
Braid
Burnout Crash
Critter Crunch
etc
etc

Could do as Cross Buy, or even as standalone purchases. I'd certainly be all over many of them.

I could need an advice for a game for the holidays :)
I'm visiting my parents so most time will be spent with the family, but in between I like to play with my Vita. Last time I had Plants vs. Zombies. That was perfect to just play some levels, pause and continue some other time.
I'm thinking about maybe Touch my Katamari or Silent Hill Book of Memories.
I love the first PS2 Katamari game but was very disappointed with Katamari Forever, which makes me worried about the Vita Katamari. The first game on PS2 was so relaxing and friendly and just fun to play, while in Forver the King was always mean and the levels stressful with the time limits. How is Katamari for Vita?
And Silent Hill: I enjoyed the Demo (except the long loading) and a dungeon crawler could be an ideal choice. But I don't know much about the game besides the demo. Still fun later on? Is the story any good? Item/leveling motivating?
Or any other games? I love RPGs.
Unfortunately Persona 4 isn't released here (EU). Same with Ragnarok Odyssey.
(so far I own Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Gravity Rush, Lumines, Mutant Blob and Escape Plan)

for easy pick up and play game in between family gathering, check out Dokuro. I've played a few level in and I think it's great. it's a sidescroller platformer with charming art.

for long rpg/dungeon crawler. I heard ZHP or Cladun x2 is pretty good, although I haven't played it myself.

DBT85

Looking through the new SEN Webstore and it occurred to me, just how many games there are on the PS3 at the moment that would be wonderful if ported to Vita.

PixelJunk Games
Peggle
SEGA Collection
Bejeweled 3
Braid
Burnout Crash
Critter Crunch

The list is too long, I'd pretty much take everything if I could. Certainly all PSN releases.

Off the top of my head,

Dead Nation x1000000,
Shatter (just about to come out on iPad),
Fancy Pants Adventures,
Trine,
Braid,
Fat Princess,
Pixeljunk,
Joe Danger.

Just to name a few

Sid

They really don't need to be though. LBP Vita proved that. Some AA slathered on top and a native UI makes it look fantastic. Sure Native is always better but the problem we've had so far is non native games that didn't do anything to try and improve the IQ. AC:L and U:GA both needed some AA and HotShots needed a native UI.

And I am pleased to announce that this morning on my train journey to work I Aced the final story level on LBP Vita. I must have done that level 50 fucking times and yet in bleary eyed delirium at 06:30 this morning I managed it. That is now every story mission done. Like Uncharted its the first time I've gone back and replayed a game to do this stuff. As much as I liked LBP 1 & 2 on the PS3 I never had time to go back but with the Vita I can.
They do,when i played the game (not the beta) i could clearly tell it's sub native and it had that 'soft and a bit unclean look',native res with some AA would always look way better.

Which Ys games should I play first (I've never played one): 7 or Felghana?
I'd say Ys7 first. I think it's more friendly to newcomer. it's still hard for me, but I can grind money and buy lots of healing potion to brute force my way through difficult bosses.

in felghana, the amount of healing item you can bring is limited. so you have to really learn enemy pattern and how to avoid attacks etc, also item you spent during battle is gone when you retry the battle. so usually, I ignore using item when fighting bosses and just try to learn pattern etc knowing that I'm not gonna win in first try.

PixelJunk Games
Peggle
SEGA Collection
Bejeweled 3
Braid
Burnout Crash
Critter Crunch
etc
etc

Could do as Cross Buy, or even as standalone purchases. I'd certainly be all over many of them.

pretty much all the smaller downloadable games are better played in vita imo. there's also Shanks, Magic The Gathering, Might and Magic Clash of Heroes and so many more

Ketch

where do I go to see how much space is left on my memory card?

starting to warm up to AC:L but still wish i didnt have to play as fancy lady who cant do any thing.

Sid

where do I go to see how much space is left on my memory card?

starting to warm up to AC:L but still wish i didnt have to play as fancy lady who cant do any thing.
Unlock a dressing room and change to the assassin persona,the maiden outfit is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom