• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusken77

Strange thing about Capcom Classics Remixed on Vita. After you play it you can't go online anymore. You have to turn off and restart Vita. I think it depends on the wireless activity of PSP emulation (CCCRemixed uses it for local multiplayer)

I bought both Remixed and Reloaded yesterday. 39 Capcom games on my Vita for 8 quid? Yes please.

Bittercup

for easy pick up and play game in between family gathering, check out Dokuro. I've played a few level in and I think it's great. it's a sidescroller platformer with charming art.

for long rpg/dungeon crawler. I heard ZHP or Cladun x2 is pretty good, although I haven't played it myself.

I'll check out the other games you mentioned.

LayLa

does anyone know what's up with Valkyria Chronicles 2 in EU? it's not available via the Vita PSN Store, but the new PSN browser store says the game is playable on Vita, but the Complete DLC pack for the game is "compatible with PSP™ ONLY". so confusing!

STG

Christmas present has arrived!

2012-12-0713.13.46v1p8o.jpg

also my first import game on the vita

Lusankya

does anyone know what's up with Valkyria Chronicles 2 in EU? it's not available via the Vita PSN Store, but the new PSN browser store says the game is playable on Vita, but the Complete DLC pack for the game is "compatible with PSP™ ONLY". so confusing!

You can definitely play it on your Vita, but you have to buy and download it on your PS3 and then need to transfer it to the Vita via the Content Manager.

I can't say for sure whether the DLC will work as well, but it should.
On the US PSN store it says it is compatible with the Vita.
http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/add-ons/valkyria-chronicles-2-dlc-pack-2.html

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone mentioned that the 10$ credit from the 60$ promotion is now available?
Because the 10$ Credit from the 60$ promotion is now available!

Edit: Apparently it was posted 2 pages earlier.Whatever :p

Pick up Sine Mora! Alundra! Wild Arms! Motorstorm RC! No Heroes Allowed! So many great sub-10$ titles!

rCIZZLE

Beat UC:GA a couple hours ago and wow that was good. Really set the standard for the scope and performance I'll be expecting of future games.

Picking up Unit 13 later today. Would prefer to play through AC:L but I've heard it's best to wait for a patch.

Lusankya

Btw. is there usually some sort of Christmas sale on the PSN? E.g. any chance that Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Disgaea 3 Vita get cheaper?

marrec

Banned
Beat UC:GA a couple hours ago and wow that was good. Really set the standard for the scope and performance I'll be expecting of future games.

Picking up Unit 13 later today. Would prefer to play through AC:L but I've heard it's best to wait for a patch.

Patch is out for AC:L, shouldn't have any game breaking problems.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah, lots of sales, in the EU at least.

Someone said that the US PSN also does something similar. When might that be up? Someone said its a bigger sale with multiple sale items items at once instead of staggered discounts like in EU.

Dantis

Someone said that the US PSN also does something similar. When might that be up? Someone said its a bigger sale with multiple sale items items at once instead of staggered discounts like in EU.

I think it was like a few days before Christmas last year. It's early days yet. :p

Twinduct

Sanic is nice. Sadly the framerate dips when it comes to water ... which is funny since it also dips at those sections on the PS3.

Still enjoying it though, getting use to drift mechanic.

(It also had a day 1 patch to 'improve performance')

Toma

Btw, the more I play Uncarded, the more I like it. Its really accessible to learn but you have quite a few tactical possibilities. Its really rewarding and fun. Anyone who doesnt absolute abhor the idea of card games needs to buy it for 5$. Seriously.

Its a ridiculous value for the price, especially considering they perfectly managed to hit a sweet spot that card game noobs and card game afficionados can enjoy.

Toma

Do you need the DLC of both Uncarded and previous UC games to be effective?

The DLC is definitely not required. And the SP of the base game will still keep you busy for 20-30 hours to unlock everything. Once you did, you can still play ranked and friendly MP matches but I assume you wont be on the same level as players who unlocked everything in Uncharted. We are still in the process of evaluating that. However, we came up with a "tiered" system for friendly matches in the OT. Meaning there are already 2 players in the OT who dont own Uncharted either, so you'll have some people to play with that are on the same level as you are.

Random aside: There wasnt a single person who didnt like the game yet. And we have well adversed card game players and card game "noobs" alike in the OT.

Anyone mentioned that the 10$ credit from the 60$ promotion is now available?
Because the 10$ Credit from the 60$ promotion is now available!

Edit: Apparently it was posted 2 pages earlier.Whatever :p

Pick up Sine Mora! Alundra! Wild Arms! Motorstorm RC! No Heroes Allowed! So many great sub-10$ titles!
Motorstorm isn't free anymore? Does that mean the Scion branding is gone?

Toma

Yay! Enjoy it.

I still haven't bought Uncarded yet.

Go for it! (Or is there any specific reason why you havent bought it?)

Edit: OTHER than waiting for me to buy ZHP :p

quest

Not Banned from OT
My Hori Grips are out for delivery. I am so excited I hope I picked the right grips and this solves my issue of holding the Vita. Also gave xmas list to the in laws rayman, VLR,P4 or PSN card.

kiyomi

Mostly the £5 spend that Sony imposes. I don't like having extra money in the wallet that I didn't want to spend. Of course I will use any remainder somewhere down the line, but it just puts me off a bit. I was looking on the store earlier and thinking 'no, there's nothing that I want to justify spending even more money.'. I might wait for a better deal in the '12 deals of Christmas' thing.

Toma

Mostly the £5 spend that Sony imposes. I don't like having extra money in the wallet that I didn't want to spend. Of course I will use any remainder somewhere down the line, but it just puts me off a bit. I was looking on the store earlier and thinking 'no, there's nothing that I want to justify spending even more money.'. I might wait for a better deal in the '12 deals of Christmas' thing.

Hm, yeah. That is annoying indeed.

Shahed

People in the EU. Stop importing Persona 4 Golden! Or at least posting pictures of it here!

I decided to wait for an EU release, but all of these posts are tempting me more and more to import it :(

I have 2 cents in my wallet currently. Rageeeeeeeee. It bothers me. Only logical solution to bring it to zero is to buy a game over $5. I think I may soon. My Vita is getting all my attention since PS+ and now I think I'm ready to actually buy games for the thing. -_-

kiyomi

It especially doesn't make sense given PSM.

People in the EU. Stop importing Persona 4 Golden! Or at least posting pictures of it here!

I decided to wait for an EU release, but all of these posts are tempting me more and more to import it :(

Join us!

You can still get it for the exact same price as you'd be paying when it comes out here, so it's not like the opportunity is gone. :)

oldmario

Mike (sega cm)said that it wouldn't be getting vita support (didn't mention if that's for now or forever)

Picked up Virtua Tennis for £7 today. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Where was that? would totally hit it at £7

Shahed

Join us!

You can still get it for the exact same price as you'd be paying when it comes out here, so it's not like the opportunity is gone. :)

But but I've got a backlog of handheld games, which i think will be cleared for around February. If I drop a game midway I can't pick it up again, so importing Persona 4 now will mean I'll forget about the rest. Especially since I easily anticipate putting 100+ hours into it.

Besides if Atlus games don't do well here, then they might not bother with future EU releases. Not a problem with Vita since I'll just import, but it's more 3DS (and P4 Arena situations) I'm thinking about. Stupid %X&^@"?* region locking! Main reason I don't have a 3DS yet

VanWinkle

Sanic is nice. Sadly the framerate dips when it comes to water ... which is funny since it also dips at those sections on the PS3.

Still enjoying it though, getting use to drift mechanic.

(It also had a day 1 patch to 'improve performance')

Is it as good as you hoped it would be? I know you were pretty worried about its quality for a while.

Lima

Patch is out for AC:L, shouldn't have any game breaking problems.

Not in Europe.

Sony is such a disjointed mess when it comes to these things. SCEE hurry up and release the damn patch. I'm sick of playing this dumb MP in the game.

kiyomi

But but I've got a backlog of handheld games, which i think will be cleared for around February. If I drop a game midway I can't pick it up again, so importing Persona 4 now will mean I'll forget about the rest. Especially since I easily anticipate putting 100+ hours into it.

Yeah, I know that feel. I have so many JRPGs on the go both on PS3 and Vita, but I just had to drop them for P4. This won't help, but - it was worth it.

Besides if Atlus games don't do well here, then they might not bother with future EU releases. Not a problem with Vita since I'll just import, but it's more 3DS (and P4 Arena situations) I'm thinking about. Stupid %X&^@"?* region locking! Main reason I don't have a 3DS yet

Fair enough, I was thinking in particular that there is reason to support an EU release of the game. You certainly don't want to see the Arena debacle rear its' ugly head again. Although there is a certain amount of give and take, maybe one day Atlus can get a EU branch and get games out here on a more timely schedule.

If the SGE was coming out in the EU, I'd probably double dip and just hold on to it. Doesn't sound like it is though.

Shahed

Yeah, I know that feel. I have so many JRPGs on the go both on PS3 and Vita, but I just had to drop them for P4. This won't help, but - it was worth it.

Yep. I'd rather not have a backlog when I get a game I really want to play that is also extremely long. As much as I enjoyed Tales of Graces F, the 100% hours I put into it suddenly meant I had a pretty sizable backlog by the time I finished...

Fair enough, I was thinking in particular that there is reason to support an EU release of the game. You certainly don't want to see the Arena debacle rear its' ugly head again. Although there is a certain amount of give and take, maybe one day Atlus can get a EU branch and get games out here on a more timely schedule.

If the SGE was coming out in the EU, I'd probably double dip and just hold on to it. Doesn't sound like it is though.

Waiting for the EU release of Catherine was a pain, but the game was so worth it. An EU branch would pretty much solve all my worries, but I doubt it will happen :(

IIRC some people reported that AC:L still had some issues after the patch. SCEE might be holding them to fix it.

Is that why it's still not there? I'd say I'd play PS All Stars instead, but the recent patch broke that as well...

This is cross-buy isn't it?

if I understand cross buy correctly, it means I can buy the game on the playstation 3 and be able to play it on my vita? does it cost more? are there any restrictions?

this is coming at a fantastic time for me, I had given up on the game but with my recent vita purchase, I'll be able to play it in bed or on the go / during lunch time at work.

Lima

if I understand cross buy correctly, it means I can buy the game on the playstation 3 and be able to play it on my vita? does it cost more? are there any restrictions?

this is coming at a fantastic time for me, I had given up on the game but with my recent vita purchase, I'll be able to play it in bed or on the go / during lunch time at work.

You buy the Playstation 3 version from the store and then you will be able to download the vita version from your download history without paying anything extra and no there are no restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom