• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | April 2013 | Sacrifice your Independent Soul

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I thought the demo was terrible, but 3D platformers are slim pickings, so if you have 3.5GB free...

EDIT: Buy DOA5+ and Soul Sacrifice and (please) mercilessly badger Sega to localize PSO2.

I'm going to grab Soul Sacrifice after I beat Persona 4. DOA5+ any good?

Sid

Is Soul Sacrifice too repetitive in terms of maps and enemy variety? I didn't feel like it was in the demo and was gonna buy it whenever it comes out here but I think I may just have to wait.

Hanmik

Is Soul Sacrifice too repetitive in terms of maps and enemy variety? I didn't feel like it was in the demo and was gonna buy it whenever it comes out here but I think I may just have to wait.

a bit repetitve.. but nothing that the awesome gameplay doesn´t hide..!

wilflare

from what I've read/seen from Japanese gameplay videos (or heard from GAFfers who played the Jap version), there is enough variety for bosses (they require completely different strategies to defeat etc.. search up those videos on YouTube, especially those DLC (free) bosses that would come to the US PSN (free) as well!

In terms of maps/arena, they do get larger in later quests and not all of them will be flat out terrains with a different designs. I have seen (in a video) of a map where players have to travel up and down what is essentially two heights to battle the boss. so no worries on that!

I'll say jump on the game if you enjoyed the demo :D

Sid

a bit repetitve.. but nothing that the awesome gameplay doesn´t hide..!
I've been reading some of the reviews and they all complain about it being a bit too grindy and that grind is what I hate about MH.

from what I've read/seen from Japanese gameplay videos (or heard from GAFfers who played the Jap version), there is enough variety for bosses (they require completely different strategies to defeat etc.. search up those videos on YouTube, especially those DLC (free) bosses that would come to the US PSN (free) as well!

In terms of maps/arena, they do get larger in later quests and not all of them will be flat out terrains with a different designs. I have seen (in a video) of a map where players have to travel up and down what is essentially two heights to battle the boss. so no worries on that!

I'll say jump on the game if you enjoyed the demo :D
I guess I'll give it a shot whenever it comes out here then.

wilflare

I've been reading some of the reviews and they all complain about it being a bit too grindy and that grind is what I hate about MH.

hmm... I guess this is endemic to the genre.. but SS seems to have recast the "grind" as a process that is fun and rewarding to do.

Alex

Grinding is awesome, especially when nailed, I've always abhorred the use of it as some boogeyman term where playing the game and working the mechanics is a terrible concept as opposed to being led around by the dick and persistently interrupted through an oft-rigid scenario.

Of course, I'm just ranting in general. I've never played this game and not speaking to anyone here.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Come to think of it, Vita can really act as some sort of "Last Gens FF Machine" huh. With a combination of various PSP titles, PS1 titles, and FFX/FFX-2 HD, you can practically play FF1 to 10 all in one machine. Am I correct in thinking this...?

Hanmik

I guess I'll give it a shot whenever it comes out here then.

You fight the same bosses sometimes in Singleplayer.. they look the same but they change their attack patterns. Same goes for maps, you visit the same maps sometimes.

But it doesn´t bother me.. but again, different tastes (GoW:A MP comes to mind lol)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Come to think of it, Vita can really act as some sort of "Last Gens FF Machine" huh. With a combination of various PSP titles, PS1 titles, and FFX/FFX-2 HD, you can practically play FF1 to 10 all in one machine. Am I correct in thinking this...?

You can't play FFV though.

SmokyDave

Dat Platinum.

Confession time: I've never earned a single platinum. I don't know how many games are on my trophy list, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's 50 for Vita and double that for PS3. Yet, I haven't platinumed anything, ever. I don't really bother with trophies.

Nobody saw me (or could help me) in the Achieve Trophies thread. Since it's killing me, I'm posting here:

Need help/advice please. Anyone defeated the King in VT4: World Tour on Vita? There are several "guides" on the net, nobody really knows how to make it spawn. I always end up with the Duke even though I follow the guidelines I'm reading. Damn King. :(

jwk94

Nobody saw me (or could help me) in the Achieve Trophies thread. Since it's killing me, I'm posting here:

Need help/advice please. Anyone defeated the King in VT4: World Tour on Vita? There are several "guides" on the net, nobody really knows how to make it spawn. I always end up with the Duke even though I follow the guidelines I'm reading. Damn King. :(

Are we talking Career Mode King or Exhibition Match King? If it's the latter, I'm pretty sure it's random. Just keep going at it and King should spawn eventually. He's hard as hell though. I remember when I beat him in career mode, i had to exit the game 5 times before I got the victory. Good luck!

Oh and good choice on VT4, after 96hrs in that game, I have to say that it's probably my favorite Vita game next to Gravity Rush.

dan2026

Hold the fucking phone. Since when the hell has Farming Simulator been coming to the Vita? Cause the trophy list is out:
http://exophase.com/game/farming-simulator-for-playstationvita-ps-vita/trophies/

Farming baybee!

tumblr_mciwqqniLR1r9zdybo1_500.gif

tumblr_mlfettdXlT1rhrpqmo3_400.gif

tumblr_m2dzwmwGTn1qhz1nio1_400.gif

I know it has been said before...

God of War Ghosts of Sparta looks really good on the Vita. Plays way better with the bigger screen.

Hanmik

Confession time: I've never earned a single platinum. I don't know how many games are on my trophy list, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's 50 for Vita and double that for PS3. Yet, I haven't platinumed anything, ever. I don't really bother with trophies.

http://psnprofiles.com/SmokiestDave

184 Games Played :pS3 (143) - PS Vita (38)

4719 Trophies

you do not need to keep track of anything. That dirty old bastard called the Internet does all the dirty work for you..!

Are we talking Career Mode King or Exhibition Match King? If it's the latter, I'm pretty sure it's random. Just keep going at it and King should spawn eventually. He's hard as hell though. I remember when I beat him in career mode, i had to exit the game 5 times before I got the victory. Good luck!

Oh and good choice on VT4, after 96hrs in that game, I have to say that it's probably my favorite Vita game next to Gravity Rush.

The latter of course, I destroyed him in WT mode (of course not, that was hard as hell but I managed to defeat him). Sad that it's random :( I keep reading requirements about winning all matches 2-0, not letting others get to 40, earn at least three medals, etc. but nothing. Damn.

And I'm with you, VT4 is a great game. It reminds me of my awesome time with the Dreamcast when I was playing VT all the time. Plus the game is less than 10€ shipped everywhere. On Vita. That's an insta buy to me.

jwk94

The latter of course, I destroyed him in WT mode (of course not, that was hard as hell but I managed to defeat him). Sad that it's random :( I keep reading requirements about winning all matches 2-0, not letting others get to 40, earn at least three medals, etc. but nothing. Damn.

And I'm with you, VT4 is a great game. It reminds me of my awesome time with the Dreamcast when I was playing VT all the time. Plus the game is less than 10€ shipped everywhere. On Vita. That's an insta buy to me.

Yeha, i believe I did it by not letting them score any points and trying to get the most medals that I could. But again, it's random so just do your best and be prepared for a hard match.

Ironically enough, I don't like Tennis. I absolutely hate the sport, but VT4 is just too much fun. All those unlockables are what sold me on the game. I've barely ventured outside of Career Mode except to get some trophies here and there. Just going through Career Mode multiple times and still unlocking the wackiest things makes me smile. I haven't played the game since I got it with the PS+ discount last summer though. This post is making me want to go back =/

While we're discussing VT4, what are the chances of there being a VT5?

SmokyDave

http://psnprofiles.com/SmokiestDave

184 Games Played :pS3 (143) - PS Vita (38)

4719 Trophies

you do not need to keep track of anything. That dirty old bastard called the Internet does all the dirty work for you..!
Blimey. Either that site is well behind or I haven't synced the trophies on my Vita for ages. Probably the latter.

I need to buy Farming Simulator. I have it on iPhone already, but Dat OLED makes for better looking crops. Honest.

Yeha, i believe I did it by not letting them score any points and trying to get the most medals that I could. But again, it's random so just do your best and be prepared for a hard match.

Ironically enough, I don't like Tennis. I absolutely hate the sport, but VT4 is just too much fun. All those unlockables are what sold me on the game. I've barely ventured outside of Career Mode except to get some trophies here and there. Just going through Career Mode multiple times and still unlocking the wackiest things makes me smile. I haven't played the game since I got it with the PS+ discount last summer though. This post is making me want to go back =/

While we're discussing VT4, what are the chances of there being a VT5?

About that, something that I probably didn't understand in career mode but, when you finish a year and you restart a new one, you lose all your stars and all your condition? That's weird. I'm gonna have to play every little game to be sure to gain maximum condition I guess? And maximize playstyles too. I thought that'd carry over from one season to the other. :(

Concerning VT5, there is one VT every two years (more or less) so with the upcoming next gen, I'd say we could expect one in the next twelve months? That'd be great.

Okay, WTH! Theres a dude on youtube that claims to have a copy of Legends of war. (shows of the packaging)
Does Legends of War actually exist or is this guy just trying to get hits? Is this fake?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ueg0DRuSJyM

Could have mocked up that packaging, but it is really well done (I mean, he even has a manual, and the back cover art is different from the front).

It's real, it exists. Barely. Insanely limited print run. Although that said, I'm still waiting for my copy to ship. >__>

Top Bottom