• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | April 2013 | Sacrifice your Independent Soul

That is exactly what the PSP version looks like. So either that dude thinks he is pulling a fast one or that dev is the goddamn worst.

This screenshot seems to imply this is indeed the Vita version since it refers to the right stick:

2013-04-30-153611_zpse4a634b6.jpg
So basically it's a PSP game with slightly different controls. :/

Ok guys sorry to shit up the thread but I'm getting desperate.. I posted this over at the LittleBigPlanet Vita OT in the community section, but that is where threads get sent to die :( I can't think of any other threads to possibly put this in and I'm not gonna make a thread for this lol

So recently on my trophy hunting OCD stumble through my vita catalogue I noticed the absurd '50 unique plays' trophy on a created level and I am (hopefully) enlisting you guys to help me out..

Scratch that, I am on my knees begging for 15 more plays..

Seriously, I try to platinum every game that I truly enjoy and if I can't get the platinum on this, my brain tells me to sell my vita (I KNOW, that's irrational and I wouldn't actually do it, but MY OCD IS QUITE CONVINCING)

Anyways, guys if you can and it's not too much trouble, I would truly appreciate it if you could queue up for my level and play it whenever you get a chance

http://vita.lbp.me/v/c76q-

<3 Thanks in advance to any kind soul that is willing to help out

I'll jump on there when I get a chance. I've been looking for a reason to fire this one up anyway :)

Sol1dus

Gots my copy of Soul Sacrifice. And I'm done with tests. Will probably play some tomorrow and all summer. The platinum will be mine.

ZeroAKA

Japan can keep the other two Trails in the Sky games. I just want the two Vita games to be localized (Zero no Kiseki Evolution and Sen no Kiseki). :/

So I finally got around to getting a 20$ PSN card to top me off at 30$ so I can finally get Earth Defense Force and guess what I'm greeted with on the PSN store...? 39.99$. WTF? Why did they raise the price? Sigh, I am so disappoint. This would have been a done deal, D3 - but now my money will go to something else, probably Guacamelee.

So I finally got around to getting a 20$ PSN card to top me off at 30$ so I can finally get Earth Defense Force and guess what I'm greeted with on the PSN store...? 39.99$. WTF? Why did they raise the price? Sigh, I am so disappoint. This would have been a done deal, D3 - but now my money will go to something else, probably Guacamelee.

It was a temporary price drop. Regular price has always been $39.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

It was on a temp sale that lasted a few weeks. So it’s just back to the original price now.

*typing on Vita is slow, lol. BEATEN!

antibolo

Banned
I don't understand why people love EDF so much. I bought it in March because of all the buzz about it, didn't even finish the first level, it was just terrible all around. Does the game get awesome later?

It was a temporary price drop. Regular price has always been $39.

Figures. If only Farming Simulator was coming to the USA, I'd hop on that in a HEARTBEAT. I tweeted at the devs and no response yet so, who knows. It's probably another case of "Welp it's in English but .... PUTTING IT ON THE AMERICAN PSN IS SO HARD!!!"

bryanee

My memory card arrived today along with Assassins Creed so I can give my first proper impressions.

The first thing I did after copying my PS+ content to my Vita was to try Uncharted, it looks and plays fantastic. Kinda prefer it to Uncharted 3 right now.

Next up was AC which is just brilliant. It looks great and feels just like a home console version of AC. I've been having a couple of issues with the sound not kicking in quick enough for some sound effects but other than that I'm having a blast with it.

The only really complaints I have right now are the analogue sticks and speakers. The speakers just aren't loud enough and the sticks could of been a touch bigger but I guess I'll get used to them.

First impressions are good. The console is nice a sleek and easier to hold than I thought it would be. The buttons are nice and click, the d-pad is fantastic.

I have more games to try later.

I don't understand why people love EDF so much. I bought it in March because of all the buzz about it, didn't even finish the first level, it was just terrible all around. Does the game get awesome later?
What's not fun about massacring ants and watching them bounce around like crazy? Anyway, later on spiders, giant robots and huge "boss" creatures appear, and the general hook is that there are umpteen weapons to get enabling you to take on the higher difficulties. Also, once you finish the game on any difficulty, you unlock the jetpack equipped Pale Wing, who can zip around the battlefield and has a whole new set of weapons to collect.

krioto

I took the PS plus plunge last night, and am not disappointed.

Gravity Rush seems cools so far, as does Uncharted - both look and play amazingly and I can't believe this sort of games are on a handheld!

But Thomas was alone has been taking all my time - so addictive, great music and premise.

Already covered: they didn't raise the price, the sale ended.
Not covered: if you haven't bought guacamelee yet, you might need a psychiatric exam to prove you're not insane.

Megatron

Ok guys sorry to shit up the thread but I'm getting desperate.. I posted this over at the LittleBigPlanet Vita OT in the community section, but that is where threads get sent to die :( I can't think of any other threads to possibly put this in and I'm not gonna make a thread for this lol

So recently on my trophy hunting OCD stumble through my vita catalogue I noticed the absurd '50 unique plays' trophy on a created level and I am (hopefully) enlisting you guys to help me out..

Seriously, I try to platinum every game that I truly enjoy and if I can't get the platinum on this, my brain tells me to sell my vita (I KNOW, that's irrational and I wouldn't actually do it, but MY OCD IS QUITE CONVINCING)

Anyways, guys if you can and it's not too much trouble, I would truly appreciate it if you could queue up for my level and play it whenever you get a chance

I played it! It was definitely short, lol.

Velocity Ultra
Velocity Ultra is a remake of the original PS Minis game and features trophies, online high scores and a completely overhauled visual style at native PS Vita resolution.

In 2212 the distant star Vilio exploded into a red giant, sending an electromagnetic pulse surging into our deep space mining ships, colony cruisers and Special Forces fighters. Now the star is beginning to collapse into a black hole, pulling our stranded fleets to their doom. To make things worse, our warring neighbors have deployed scavengers to prey upon our people. Only one craft is capable of a rescue mission, the Quarp Jet -- a spacecraft capable of teleportation.

Take control of the world’s first quantum teleport craft in this innovative shooter, using a range of teleport controls to outsmart enemies, solve action puzzles and rescue survivors from their deep space hideaways. Features genre-busting game play and music from Joris de Man (Killzone.)
ujY2GPm.png

dFcevAB.png

soon

Foshy

Just finished Thomas was Alone, really fun game with a nice narrative.

But...I didn't quite understand the ending.
So, Jo & Sam were warped into the light, and then that short cutscene with the screens came up...? Not really sure what that's supposed to mean.

Damn. I had never started up my game so I had to finish the first world first.

But I just played your level.

Lexxism

99% of the time. the us ps blog covers both canada and the us. in the instances where something is just for the us, it will be stated (like the recent black rock shooter psp release). that's honestly the only game i can think of. canada usually just gets apps a little later (like the youtube app).

Last week's Black Rock Shooter is the first game ever in the entire history of North American PSN to be available only in the US.

Apart from that, once in a while an app is US only. The YouTube app was US-only in its first 2 months or so, for some unknown reason.

Also a couple of games have separate French language versions, that are only on the Canada side.

I see. That's good to hear. So the on-going sale are both for US and Canada?

mothball

Damn, Legend of Heroes looks so good. Thinking of importing it because I could understand like 90% of Senran Kagura, but then I remember LoH is on an entirely different level text-wise.

lantus

So it's been bothering me ever since I got my vita, is there a way to keep the wifi from turning off in standby? I've never found any options in the settings and having my downloads paused all the time is annoying as hell.

Jomjom

Banned
Don't know if anyone still cares about this (well people who referred me probably do), but I e-mailed Playstation support regarding the PS Vita referral program and they responded with the following:

"If you have "Successful - Pending" referrals currently these will be validated and rewards will be sent within 6 weeks after 5/10/2013"

So hopefully the people who haven't received their $20 SEN credit yet due to their referral not being processed, will soon enough!

Top Bottom