• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

VanWinkle

WHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT TALKING ABOUT NGΣ+?

IT'S FREE!
DOWNLOAD IT!
GET YOUR ASSES KICKED BY NINJA!

ASDFGJKLASKDHFASDK

Also make sure to do this ^^^
The game's default visual settings make it look very washed out.

We can't download it yet, silly.

Edit: Top of page: Buy Sly 4 in 8 days in NA. Also, download Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus tomorrow, free for PS Plus in NA.

That's understandable. Were you referring to the PS3 demo thread, by the way? Because I'd like to read whatever thread has more bad stuff than good stuff in it, to get an idea of what I'm in for.

no i dont have the information offhand. i was going off what i've read in the past week around the internet on both games and retained.

but if you're reading more good than bad stuff, then my hype is a wee bit more revitalized.

zulux21

WHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT TALKING ABOUT NGΣ+?

IT'S FREE!
DOWNLOAD IT!

ASDFGJKLASKDHFASDK

it's not free until xPM GCT tomorrow.

even then my backlog that is in front of it is easily long enough to push it until march or so before I get to it at all lol.

VanWinkle

no i dont have the information offhand. i was going off what i've read in the past week around the internet on both games and retained.

but if you're reading more good than bad stuff, then my hype is a wee bit more revitalized.

I definitely have read more good than bad, and I thought the demo on PS3 was awesome. I can't wait to try it on Vita tomorrow.

NGS+ (prepare to be amazed by visuals if) Just adjust the contrast and gamma (etc) levels in the opening options to (in order of sliders):

The optimal settings are to adjust the gamma to 1.1, the brightness to 0.0, and the contrast to 1.1. You can't even adjust brightness to 1.

OmegaZero

Yup, sadly.

We can't download it yet, silly.

Edit: Top of page: Buy Sly 4 in 8 days in NA. Also, download Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus tomorrow, free for PS Plus in NA.

it's not free until xPM GCT tomorrow.

even then my backlog that is in front of it is easily long enough to push it until march or so before I get to it at all lol.

Yeah, realized that as I was typing it, but whatever.

True ninja need no release dates to play the games they want.

Got your copy of Technika Tune yet?

Bwahaha, I feel so honored <3 My copy was actually delivered at my parents' place, I'll be picking it up on Wednesday, so excited!!! I don't trust shipping my stuff here in the city, so~
Now I just need my new Persona 4 Golden screen protector to replace the one that protected my Vita from getting hammered (literally).

Maybe on Very Hard/Master Ninja. But Hard and Normal is EZ if you know how to block/roll and XY->XXY(SquareTriangle->SquareSquareTriangle)/Izuna Drop.

I'm not a hardcore action game player, nor am I with fighting games, but I do enjoy both genres and I thoroughly enjoy a challenge. The thing is, I don't like to break down the mechanics in a game and "learn" them per se, I usually just play a game and wing it. So I guess that's why NG and Bayonetta had me screaming at my TV, bahaha. I will agree with you that GoW is like cruise control in comparison to NG and Bayonetta though. I do love GoW regardless of that fact. I think Bayonetta is probably my favorite, but I did play the gimped version on the PS3.

WHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT TALKING ABOUT NG&#931;+?

IT'S FREE!
DOWNLOAD IT!

ASDFGJKLASKDHFASDK

We were talking about it. That's what prompted the PS+ discussion.
It's not free til tomorrow.
Then I can give you a first hand account on how the 30fps affects me, if I can find enough room on my card. :p

Ninja Gaiden is amazing y'all. Makes the DMC series weep salty tears in the corner.

Only DmC and DMC2.
DMC is not an action game, really.
DMC3 and DMC4 eat the NG series for breakfast.

OmegaZero

We were talking about it. That's what prompted the PS+ discussion.
It's not free til tomorrow.
Then I can give you a first hand account on how the 30fps affects me, if I can find enough room on my card. :p

It's free NG&#931;+. I was/still am hyped.
Anyway, looking forward to how you handle the feel of
fps.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Oh, what a great Plus update. Hope I enjoy the game enough to get pumped for Sigma 2. Never played anything in the series!

While you download it, make sure you pester Tecmo Koei to bring over Atelier Totori Plus.

Long story short - it was the means to an end of a nasty fight with my wife. We've since then recovered from it and she lets me play it again. Happy wife, happy life~ The Persona skin saved my Vita though, so I naturally wanted to get a new one.

My wife has hidden mine a few times lol

Skyzard

Banned
Long story short - it was the means to an end of a nasty fight with my wife. We've since then recovered from it and she lets me play it again. Happy wife, happy life~ The Persona skin saved my Vita though, so I naturally wanted to get a new one.

Oh I actually remember this, sorry, it slipped my mind but I'm glad things worked out!

...maybe take your wife out to dinner more so you don't have to hold your vita hostage again :p

Oh I actually remember this, sorry, it slipped my mind but I'm glad things worked out!

...maybe take your wife out to dinner more so you don't have to hold your vita hostage again :p

Lmao it's ok, I am definitely trying to take her out more and show her that I don't want to do nothing but play video games (but I usually do want to do nothing but that), bahaha but I am trying.

My wife has hidden mine a few times lol

Oh wow, mine hasn't done that yet. Actually I had a question for you guys in regards to games that are more girl gamer/casual gamer friendly. She wants to play like detective/eye spy type games, or stuff like Plants VS. Zombies ... I was trying to think of stuff but I'm drawing a blank.

Lmao it's ok, I am definitely trying to take her out more and show her that I don't want to do nothing but play video games (but I usually do want to do nothing but that), bahaha but I am trying.

Oh wow, mine hasn't done that yet. Actually I had a question for you guys in regards to games that are more girl gamer/casual gamer friendly. She wants to play like detective/eye spy type games, or stuff like Plants VS. Zombies ... I was trying to think of stuff but I'm drawing a blank.

show her puzzle quest. that worked for my wife. she actually used to play phantasy star universe for a bit

carlos

My Vita's serial number doesn't work for the $20 referral thing after being told it would. I am bitter. :mad:

If it has 9 digits, add a random number at the end

if it has 11, subtract the last number

anyone can PM me if they want to try, btw

show her puzzle quest. that worked for my wife. she actually used to play phantasy star universe for a bit

Ok cool, I'll give it a try. I was trying to get boards from people for Treasure Park but she didn't seem into that. She was absolutely obsessed with Zuma and Zuma's Revenge - I wonder if there's anything like that on PSP or Vita.

zulux21

well plants vs zombies 2 is supposed to be coming this summer :p
beyond that there are 5million hidden object games on the PC

if you are looking for strictly vita games i can't help you... I don't know any females that would qualify for you as my wife is the type who will play disgaea 3 and persona 4 on the vita lol.

Ok cool, I'll give it a try. I was trying to get boards from people for Treasure Park but she didn't seem into that. She was absolutely obsessed with Zuma and Zuma's Revenge - I wonder if there's anything like that on PSP or Vita.

puzzle quest is far superior than zuma IMO. if she tries puzzle quest for 20 minutes she'll be hooked.

Noi

It's weird, I used to get emails from sony rewards all the time, yet the one time they do a promotion I can actually participate in they don't send it to me. Would have liked to be on the receiving end of this one. :(

edit: wait a minute, I DID get an email. yaaaaaay

Shoyz

Is it possible to make use Japanese characters in a Japanese PSN account ID? My username, my username variant, and my alternate username all got taken, so I was hoping for some flexibility, but the keyboard locks to English at signup.

My doppelganger ID-thief of course never even used it :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anybody having difficulty downloading the sonic karting demo in Europe? Just sticks on the 'downloading....please wait' notice and never goes anywhere. If I cancel it, the download button is pulsing and the store doesn't respond. Have to power off

Jamix012

So uh, regarding the $20 PSN Vita thing, does the Vita have to be new? If not does someone who has access to the promotion want to try it out?

Skyzard

Banned

Luxor and Zuma were on psp - can't check the vita store atm though. Luxor is basically the same I thinnnk. You can get them on smartphones I'm sure too.

Maybe Lumines:ES? You can set up a nice custom playlist, although you do have to unlock them first. (just to get rid of some of the more off-putting skins).

My gf just sighs and collapses when I take try to push my Vita on her :p Total resistance.

ZeroAKA

I just realised that at this rate we will see the crunchy roll and other apps at e3 again a year after :/
I almost forgot about that. It won't do me any good if it's locked behind a pay wall like the PS3 app though.

So uh, regarding the $20 PSN Vita thing, does the Vita have to be new? If not does someone who has access to the promotion want to try it out?
No it doesn't. You can PM me if you want to. :)

pahamrick

I also got the email to do the referral for the free $20 PSN code, so if anyone who hasn't done so yet feel free to pass me an PM as well.

Ohnonono

If your in this referal thing just shoot me a PM and tell me what you need from me to make it work and I'll get back to you after work tonight. US region.

Top Bottom