• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

dENzFK7.png

Latest Vita Firmware: 2.11

On December 17, 2011, a handheld was launched that took the hearts of many by storm. Despite it's ups and downs, the PlayStation Vita remains a handheld with a solid library, and this thread's purpose is to discuss the software released on a monthly basis.

Title: You know the deal.

ibejedf97GUcx0.png

NA
5 - LIMBO
Quell Memento
18 - Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Jak and Daxter Collection
25 - LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey
Muramasa Rebirth​

EU
06 - LIMBO
12- Jak and Daxter Collection
21 - LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey
MotoGP 13​

tpdtbdQ.png

Muramasa Rebirth

Based on ancient Japanese lore, Murumasa: The Demon Blade plunges players into the mystical Genroku era, ruled by the skilled shogun Tsunayoshi Tokogawa. But this culture is threatened; Tokugawa's thirst for power leads to a conflict over the enormously powerful, though cursed, Demon Blades. Used in hatred, drenched in blood, the cursed blades condemn those who use them to tragedy, madness, and untimely deaths. As chaos spreads, denizens from the netherworld breach their realm as these malevolent swords summon evil spirits -- and the Dragon and Demon Gods as well.

Featuring hand-drawn 2D art reflecting the heritage and tone of the storyline, Muramasa transports players into a little known mythology, envisioned by the creators of the critically acclaimed Odin Sphere. Players take on the role of a male ninja or female kunoichi, utilizing their ninja prowess to traverse the clever side-scrolling levels that feature vertical progression as well as the traditional horizontal stage advancement.

Redesigned for the PlayStation Vita system, Muramasa Rebirth includes hi-res graphics, enhanced controls, a complete relocalization in English, and more!
iBPMp6IqdbXX8.png

IJURbHz.png

06 - Ratchet & Clank: Ginga Sentai QForce
20 - FIFA 13: World Class Soccer (EA Best Hits)
Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP
Winning Post 7 2013
27 - Memories Off 6 Complete
Memories Off: Yubikiri no Kioku
NextRev: Care Manager Shiken
Sangoku Hime 2: Tenka Hatou - Saki no Keis...
Toukiden

5p44xe0.png

tg1CL.jpg

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention is a port of the popular SPRG, Disgaea 3. Incorportating a unique cast of characters, fun and lighthearted(at times!) story, rock solid gameplay that'll keep you going for hours on end, and grinding into infinity... this is a game you don't want to miss!

disgaea_3_122_605x.jpg

See more information in the OT: Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PSV) |OT| Play for 10 Million Hours!

xcaaDkv.png

Feel like your Vita skills are up to the test? Then take part in this monthly challenge where we find out who among you is the best of the best. The winner of this challenge gets to choose which game gets highlighted as "Game of the Month" in next month's OT!

June Challenge: Disgaea 3 Item-athon!

The Challenge: Cotton Candy Item World
Objective: Using the item "Cotton Candy" and entering the Item World, climb as high as possible and claim victory!
How to Enter: Take a screenshot of the item's level and send it to me.

The cutoff date for this challenge is June 29th, 2013. Good luck!

BYMf4to.png

How do I backup/transfer my games and saves to and from my PC/PS3?
For PC:
Follow this guide.
For PS3:
Follow this other guide.

How do I switch accounts on my Vita?
Short Version -
First of all, note that:
1. A system can only be linked to one account at a time
2. A memory card can only be linked to one account at a time

To switch accounts, you must:
1. Restore the PS Vita System (Settings > Format > Restore)
2. Format the memory card (if you only have one) or swap in another memory card (if you have multiple)

Long Version here.

(Thanks to Kazerei and The Grim Heaper!)

What does system update X.0X do?
"Improve system stability", usually, unless noted otherwise.

What is PlayStation Plus? Why should I, as a Vita owner, care about it?
PS Plus is a subscription service that not only gives you access to extra perks to use for your PS Vita, but also grants you an Instant Game Collection of 6 games available to try out for free. These perks include:
-1 GB Cloud Storage for all your PS Vita Game saves (PS1/PSP saves are not allowed).
-Automatic Save uploads to the Cloud, Game Updates and Trophy syncs.
-The same features available for your PlayStation 3 console, only with even more games.

30Rsemz.png

Upcoming Vita Games and Apps for 2013
Vita Compatible PS1 Classics
PlayStation Mobile Thread of Indie Games, and Apps on Android/Vita
Vita NeoGAF Game Reviews
Vita Wallpaper Thread
Vita Tips and Tricks
_____

Game OTs
N/A

Thanks to Monosukoi for some of the banners and assorted help!

I will not be making another thread, so find a replacement!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is really that difficult to have a positive thread name? :\

The list of upcoming games is really depressing but it doesn't list psn and indie games right?
Next time complete list or no list at all.

Come on, it's just a little gallows humour
before the glorious ascension of the Lord, Vitus Christ.

Do we not have an EU gate for Muramasa? I never got around to the Wii version and really want to try it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
lol. Grim used my title suggestion.

You don't want a hot VitaSecret model?

lets try Vitagravure idol.
bw6YTVM.gif

also buy Gurumin
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure is for people who want a 3D Zelda experience and Zelda fans too) it's fully voiced Action RPG game full of puzzles,dungeons and platforming too,the game has very good combat system(with depth),The story is cute at first but go very interesting later,Parin is very good female protagonist(Gurren Lagann's Simon is not the coolest one with a drill anymore..Parin is the new boss),her funny dialogues is amazing and there is a lot of character to meet and enemies to beat and item to get,at higher difficulties the game is challenging but you can play for the story in easy,really one of the best Action RPG in along time from Japan.

As for playing it on Vita,you just map the camera to the right stick instead or L/R make it even better than playing it on PSP, game art style also made it look amazing on Vita oled screen(it wont be ugly like some other 3D PSP games)

yhbzJ.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Positive titles would be nice! But as long as the thread exist...

I'm quite looking forward to Class of Heroes 2, personally, even if it is technically a PSP game.

E3 is going to be interesting. Though I have to admit, I'm already pretty happy to see Toukiden is making it's way to the US. God Eater Burst 2 would make me happy, as well...

Oh, and I've been enjoying YU-NAMA: THE PUZZLE way too much, lol. Even after beating the main campaign, I jumped RIGHT into the extra one, and am playing away as if I hadn't already beat 100 heroes... The perfect PSMobile game for me.

hitmon

I should really play some more Disgaea 3, the first digital Vita title I bought and only played it for a couple of hours.

Jamix012

If by "improve," you mean "make you cry tears of blood over a terrible port." Then, yes.

I got to play FES recently. It was released prior to P3P so I understand it's shortcomings but boy, does P3P blow it out the water. The portable one is the much better version.

Vodh

Love the pick of the game of the month. After buying and playing a couple of hours through P4G I can now safely say that the Vita was absolutely worth it for me for D3 and P4G alone. These games are both marvelous and they look and play beautifully on a handheld.

Now all I need is a new iteration of Dissidia for the Vita and I'll be set.

crinale

New thread, yes :)
I'm personally very pleased by Toukiden alone. Hoping the actual game turns out to be good too...

Izuna

Banned
New thread, new yay!
New Avatar, new yay!

Haven't played Vita in 2 weeks, no yay!

=(

Besides FFX-2, there aren't any announced games for the Vita I'd bother buying or renting. I'd love Ace Combat HD =/ or Demon's Souls, but whatevs.

I know for a fact me and my future flat mates will share one PS4 so maybe I'll use Remote Play if it doesn't run like complete chocolate arse.

EDIT: But if I stay living with my GF then no PS4. =/

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My backlog month. Maybe I'll platinum Guacamelee! and Soul Sacrifice.

And go back to Persona 4, Disgaea 3, Pure Chess....

Gamespawn

I really hope they either announce a price drop or bring out some new colors at E3. My 3G won't charge unless I set it in the cradle lightly, not all the way. I want a blue one.

Top Bottom