• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

AmanoBuff

I played the Tanker level a bit (I tend to checkout the games I bought just a bit, even if I don't plan to play them immediatly) and it did look great. I'm waitinf for FFX/2 to take the HD port to the next level.

Yeah me too. There are ports on Vita that look amazing, but I am especially looking forward to what SE can do on it. I think it might set the bar for how ports of 3d games can look.

He came here (vita threads and talked to gaf via twitter) just days before E3 and promise us of super duper chocolatey mega game and tons of other stuff..then nothing.

I can see why people are very upset.
It was more than days before and he also clearly stated on Twitter that that game he was teasing wouldn't be at E3.

AmanoBuff

It was more than days before and he also clearly stated on Twitter that that game he was teasing wouldn't be at E3.

As I said on the other thread. I think he is a victim of his own enthusiasm. He must be excited to learn about or sign a great game, but he can't just start teasing them knowing that a) he is not authorized to speak about it in detail and b) the game/s in question might still be months or perhaps even a couple of years away.

Edgeward

Remote play is novel but I hope the ps4 integration will be much, much better. And have great range so I can do it in my room from the other side of my house, opposite of where my consoles are kept.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Playing through Sly Cooper right now as I take breaks from Person 4 Golden. Does Sly ever get difficult? The game is quite easy and it makes me kind of bored when I play it for more than 30 minutes.

Playing through Sly Cooper right now as I take breaks from Person 4 Golden. Does Sly ever get difficult? The game is quite easy and it makes me kind of bored when I play it for more than 30 minutes.

No, but the scavenger hunt items can require all your concentration and patience. Going through the story and platforming stuff was my relaxing downtime from going "WTF WHERE IS IT?!" for like 2 hours before finally deciding to move the game forward.

Really enjoyed Sly 4.

Skyzard

Banned
^ about sly4, same here

Did you all know Unity is coming to Vita? (and PS4).

Games can be ported without building from scratch, the engine does it.

3D indie games.

Sony is so right.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
One more question - I won't be able to get wifi until July 4th. Does PSN switch out the new PS+ games by then? Or will I be able to download Virtues Last Reward?

Omerta

One more question - I won't be able to get wifi until July 4th. Does PSN switch out the new PS+ games by then? Or will I be able to download Virtues Last Reward?

Don't take this the wrong way but I see so many questions on GAF about these kind of things.

My gripe's not with you, it's with Sony... They just don't seem able to get the message out. In pS+ they have a brilliant product but so many people are confused as to exactly how it works.

cyborg009

Banned
Did anyone post this?

These are supers bosses (Like leviathan and magusar)
TdgtbGs.jpg
0nvf6XW.jpg

Videos:
http://youtu.be/j5A4b4-UTyI

http://youtu.be/fwd_1_OAXjo

Ponn

Banned
Ive been in such a gaming rut for the last couple months now. I keep staring at bubbles but check the web instead and channel surf. Ok im going to make a concerted effort to play some VLR tonight.

antibolo

Banned
Currently taking a rare break from my Vita to play Project X Zone. I died a little inside when the Valkyria Chonicles 3 characters showed up. Where's my VC3 Sega (and Sony).

Still not as bad as how Nintendo rubbed Mother 3 in our faces with Smash Bros. Brawl though.

Ive been in such a gaming rut for the last couple months now. I keep staring at bubbles but check the web instead and channel surf. Ok im going to make a concerted effort to play some VLR tonight.

I always wait til bedtime to get some time in, then know I'll be too sleepy to enjoy, and just look at twitter one mo 'gain, then watch youtube til I pass out and wake up either sleeping on my Vita, or trying to figure out where it slid down the side of the bed.

Finished Hotline Miami. It was the most fun I've had in a while and the soundtrack was exceptional. Tomorrow I should get Muramasa Rebirth. I really love my Vita, although I wouldn't mind a couple more high profile exclusives.

VanWinkle

He came here (vita threads and talked to gaf via twitter) just days before E3 and promise us of super duper chocolatey mega game and tons of other stuff..then nothing.

Uh, NO. He posted there there's an amazing big title coming to the Vita a month before E3. That's the ONLY hype he brought forth about it. Everything else was just replies to made to people. In fact, the FIRST reply he made was to somebody asking when we can expect to hear about it, to which he said "I couldn't tell you".

I haven't been posting on Gaf in the past few days, I feel so ashamed ;( I've been CRAZY busy at work, end of our fiscal year so everyone is going nuts. I haven't been playing my Vita much either but when I do, I keep putting down Persona and going for DJMAX lolol, I just loooooove that game. I really want to progress further in Persona though ._.

If you haven't already you should check out Cytus Lambda on Playstation Mobile. It's very similar to DJMax and you get 10 songs for free and its only $11.99 for 60 more songs and all future updates free. check it out, the game's awesome but it's kicking my ass lol.

ReaperXL7

If you haven't already you should check out Cytus Lambda on Playstation Mobile. It's very similar to DJMax and you get 10 songs for free and its only $11.99 for 60 more songs and all future updates free. check it out, the game's awesome but it's kicking my ass lol.

Yeah I enjoy DJMax allot, but honestly for the price Cytus kind of spanks it alittle bit. I think I even like most of the tracks I have played through more. DJ beasts in terms of Modes, and presentation though, which should be expected with the price difference.

One of the only major things im kind of pissed off alittle about with the vita is that it does not seem to be getting any of the companion apps to any of those PS4 games that tablets are getting, atleast not to my knowledge.

jengo

DJMax with regular DLC updates would have been awesome... Too bad music licenses make that impossible/cost ineffective.

Anyone have one of these Sony portable chargers?

I do. I picked one up one day I saw it go for 30 on Amazon. I really love it. Great for peace of mind. And it fits snugly inside my PDP case, really making that case be the "end all be all hold everything" Vita case. On to the charger details...

I did a couple charging tests when I first got it, so I would know rough timeage when the time got to the point of actually needing it. I had the network and wifi turned off. The charger can give the Vita roughly 1.5 full charges. The charger needs the Vita charging cables to charge. It has 3 stage LED indicator on the power button to show charge level. If I remember correctly, green is 70-100%, yellow/orange is 30-70%, and red is 0-30%. All tests were done as soon as the "Low Battery Indicator" came on, making the little sliver of battery red.

Test #1: Vita was turned off for 1 hr 55 min, then I put it to sleep mode. At 2 hr 4 min, it was fully charged. Remaining charge - Vita was turned off. 1 hr, 18 min in, the charger ran out of juice. Vita display said full battery, but ten min of play took the battery down the first step.

Test #2: Vita in sleep mode took 2 hr 36 min to fully charge. Remaining charge took 1 hr 9 minutes to fully drain the charger.

I never did a test to charge while playing, but going by the above results you can make an edjumacated guess. I'd give it around 3 hours.

The unit itself takes around 5 hr 30 min roughly to charge. I've timed the recharge a couple times, but I usually do it when I am sleeping.

It's definitely worth it for travel, or for those who are worried about the battery going out in the middle of a MP session and an outlet is no where easily accessible. The charger is also good for other electronic devices. Charged my iPhone 4s from 10% to 100% in about 2 hours., still has roughly 40% battery left I'd guess. It's a great investment for those who love everything Vita.

I've got one, but I've only had a scant few opportunities to use it. It was $25 when i bought it, so I couldn't pass up the accessory of it.

All I know is that it let's you play and charge at the same time, unlike charging via USB, which is great.

Top Bottom