• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

TheCloser

Banned
I've bought and sold a vita 4 times, I'm currently on number 5. I truly love the hardware and indie games are great but nobody spends 250+ on a vita to play indie games which are already on pc. Like someone said earlier, I don't want a ps3 portable, I want a psp2. I want my gta, medal of honor, and all the other variety of big games that we got on the psp. At this point, I think Sony should just bury the spp for the sake of the vita.

aro52

I've bought and sold a vita 4 times, I'm currently on number 5. I truly love the hardware and indie games are great but nobody spends 250+ on a vita to play indie games which are already on pc. Like someone said earlier, I don't want a ps3 portable, I want a psp2. I want my gta, medal of honor, and all the other variety of big games that we got on the psp. At this point, I think Sony should just bury the spp for the sake of the vita.

If you would have just had A BIT OF faith with your first Vita purchase, and not bought-and-sold it 5 times, you'd probably be happy. There's several quality games available on Vita; several of which are included in PS+. Calm down on the BUY SELL BUY SELL.

webkatt

Is it just me or are the buttons way too close together on the vita?

I had a psp and I swear they were spaced further apart on it.

Or am I just crazy/had a growth spurt?

TheCloser

Banned
If you would have just had A BIT OF faith with your first Vita purchase, and not bought-and-sold it 5 times, you'd probably be happy. There's several quality games available on Vita; several of which are included in PS+. Calm down on the BUY SELL BUY SELL.

The problem is that I own most if not all of the quality games on vita. I even own the rubbish ones like black ops declassified and fifa 13 which received a 4.0 from ign. Notably do I own most of them, I've played all that I own.

Skyzard

Banned
Is it just me or are the buttons way too close together on the vita?

I had a psp and I swear they were spaced further apart on it.

Or am I just crazy/had a growth spurt?

Might be...they are smaller so might need to be closer together to press both down with one thumb more easily or something. I haven't checked though.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
The problem is that I own most if not all of the quality games on vita. I even own the rubbish ones like black ops declassified and fifa 13 which received a 4.0 from ign. Notably do I own most of them, I've played all that I own.

The system has been out for a year and a quarter and you bought and sold it 5 times? You have some kind of OCD dude.

Wow, man. Going through 5 Vita's in just over a year is really unusual.

I'm on my 3rd PS3 since 2008, but that's just because I hit some dire straights when moving and had to unload the first two in a hurry.

You don't want a ps3 portable but you want all the ps3 games in portable form?

Yeah good luck with that lol

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Ridiculous! I hate to think how much money you've lost. Still, says a lot that it keeps sucking you back in ;)

Dwayne

nobody spends 250+ on a vita to play indie games which are already on pc.

That, along with playing PSP/PSOne and the occasional Vita title, is the reason I got mine. My PC is a desktop, it's not train commute friendly. I love the portability of portables and take advantage of it all the time. It's actually the reason i'm playing a lot of Wii U, specifically Super Metroid at the moment, despite having tons of PS3 games I want to play - I can play it on the couch, upstairs on the bed, just anywhere.

IvorB

I have a question: I've been playing my Vita for some time now and have PS+ but I have yet to see any evidence of my game saves being written to the cloud. On PS3 there is a notification but on Vita all I see is trophy data being synched. I'm getting a little worried. Anyone know the deal with this?

danthefan

I have a question: I've been playing my Vita for some time now and have PS+ but I have yet to see any evidence of my game saves being written to the cloud. On PS3 there is a notification but on Vita all I see is trophy data being synched. I'm getting a little worried. Anyone know the deal with this?

If you go into the content manager app on the Vita you can do it manually. I think it does it automatically though.

*raises hands meekly*

Also for the Final Fantasies.

Number45

That, along with playing PSP/PSOne and the occasional Vita title, is the reason I got mine. My PC is a desktop, it's not train commute friendly. I love the portability of portables and take advantage of it all the time. It's actually the reason i'm playing a lot of Wii U, specifically Super Metroid at the moment, despite having tons of PS3 games I want to play - I can play it on the couch, upstairs on the bed, just anywhere.
I didn't initially buy it for this reason, I picked it up before the indie movement gained real traction, but I would have no problems dropping the money as an indie machine. Any extra "AAA" games and the future remote play possibilities are just icing on the cake.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member

By their very nature a lot of indie games are bite sized which makes it perfect for a system like Vita. A really good, recent example is a game like Hotline Miami. On PC it's a fantastic indie game to kill some time with, on Vita it's virtually a killer app. Going head first into indie gaming on Vita is one of the smartest things Sony has done with it.

anddo0

If you go into the content manager app on the Vita you can do it manually. I think it does it automatically though.

Not that I've seen. I always have to do it manually. The option simply doesn't work for me, despite being checked.

The PS3 prompts you when a game is being played for the first time. The Vita doesn't.

Bittercup

If you open the content manager to manually upload the save files click on the "i" on the right side of each game. There you can enable automatic upload.
I have to enable this for each game to work. By default all were disabled.

anddo0

If you open the content manager to manually upload the save files click on the "i" on the right side of each game. There you can enable automatic upload.

You learn something new everyday... Thanks.

Number45

Not that I've seen. I always have to do it manually. The option simply doesn't work for me, despite being checked.

The PS3 prompts you when a game is being played for the first time. The Vita doesn't.
Yeah, hoping this is something that can be introduced in a future firmware release.

IvorB

Thanks, mate!

Honey Bunny

Uh, I'm looking at the browser-based PSN Store (uk) and I can't find a way to filter PS1/ PS2 games anymore, where I swear I was able to before. Anyone else notice this?

QP3

So...what are the chances of FFX HD coming prior to November?

I am shipping to bootcamp in November and don't see myself being abled to play games for...well a while...

Holmes

So...what are the chances of FFX HD coming prior to November?

I am shipping to bootcamp in November and don't see myself being abled to play games for...well a while...
Good, I think. They did say 2013, and I would think they'd want to ship it prior to Black Friday. December seems a little late, but you never know.

atomsk

Party Pooper
EDIT: BUY HOTLINE MIAMI, MURAMASA, ODDWORLD STRANGERS WRATH, AND SOUL SACRIFICE NOW!!! LOOK OUT FOR TOUKIDEN, KILLZONE MERCS, TEARAWAY, DRAGONS CROWN, FF X-X2, RAYMAN LEGENDS, TERRARIA, SPELUNKY, AND YS: MEMORIES OF CELCETA COMING THIS FALL!! LOOK OUT FOR GAMESCOM!!!!

I thought Spelunky was still on track for "summer"

=(

ReaperXL7

So im not sure anyone cares, but there is now a rumour that "Sly 5: Master of Thieves" is coming to the PS4, and PSVita. I noticed it while browsing the net, but im on my Vita so I can link to it atm.

The Hohokum devs are doing it, and Sly 4 was released on Vita aswell.
Well I kinda understand it for indies, because indies on the go are quite cool.
But most of the people who own a Vita will own a Ps4. Vita owners are pretty much core gamers.
So, they can play any Ps4 game on their Vitas anyways. No need to port Ps4 games over to the Vita.

Ps3 and Vita makes sense because you can't play Ps3 games on Vita via RemotePlay.

Number45

Why would anyone release a game on Ps4 and PsVita?
Thats redundant^^
Wifi only Vita outside of a wifi zone? 3G Vita with no signal? Just want to play it natively on the Vita? Don't own a PS4?

I don't understand why people struggle with the concept of releasing on both platforms.

Wifi only Vita outside of a wifi zone? 3G Vita with no signal? Just want to play it natively on the Vita? Don't own a PS4?

I don't understand why people struggle with the concept of releasing on both platforms.

Yeah, I'm a Vita owner with no immediate plans to get a PS4, and I'm somewhat worried that remote play will be used as a replacement for developing actual Vita games. Not to mention that it won't help on road trips or long flights, anyway.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
A UK site is selling Muramasa for £30.

I'm tempted. Would you guys recommend it?

*Speaking about the Wii Version*

No, it's not a good game, it is full of flaws, very repetitive game (like you'll get bored of the entire thing after half hour of doing the same thing over and over) the Lack of enemy types really hurt here also the horrible backtracking which is almost 2/3 of the game is just just horrendous and was really unnecessary and it is a very unbalanced game in both the boss fights and the entire thing really like the upgrading, the sword upgrading system is really awful too and all over the place and unlike Odin Sphere it don't have much of a story here.

Now will the jump button and new translation fix the Vita version? No.

So in the end, do not get it because it is a bad game, unless you just want to show some love to Marvelous AQL which is the only real supporter for Vita and only company care about the system so far.

Number45

Is Gravity Rush any good? The demo was fun but i've heard this game criticized a lot on Gaf.
Ask the right/wrong people and you can get any combination of eulogising/criticism you want.

That said, it's one of the few games that is pretty much universally praised (on GAF) from what I can tell. It has its faults, but I love it personally. Just getting around in the world is one of the most fun experiences on Vita.

Aaaaah, a bit sad : I finally decided to sell my Vita...
It was one of the best hardware of I ever got, it had a tons of game I loved when I bought it, but, well, I finished them all, then finished the psp games I was interested in, then I decided to try some indie games....and then.... the "dry spell" occured for me.

My ps3 broke a few years ago, so I finally decided to buy a new one withe the money I got from the Vita.

Still, I really wish the system was more successfull so that more games could come...Great system with lots of potential.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Is Gravity Rush any good? The demo was fun but i've heard this game criticized a lot on Gaf.

It is a very fresh and enjoyable but also flawed and conceptual "experience"

What the game do right it does very so right like the flying and story and controls, what it do wrong it do very wrong like the awful combat and motion controls, while the game is "new" and have interesting story and awesome cast and beautiful art style on one hand it's very short(if you only do the story missions)and can be very repetitive (if you do all the side stuff) on the other hand.

so It's not for everyone, people might really love it or absolutely hate it, but personally I loved it very much and it's one of my top Vita games, and I'd recommend it any time.

Tomodachi

I don't think so, it ranked pretty high (19th) in last year's GOTY thread for a dead system's game nobody played. I personally love it to death, best game on the system and one of the best experiences this generation.

btkadams

Hotline has blown my mind. "Difficult, Stylish, and Addictive" should be the quote on the box.

This is the first time Im playing the game and it seems so natural on Vita, what a wonderful machine.

I loaded up Guacamelee and updated my Soul Sacrifice so those three will be the next games I tackle.. I seriously need a 16 GB card guys... can someone help me find one at a good price??

BTW, I got my first platinum a couple days ago... Like 1st Plat ever between PS3 and Vita...

Guess what it was?

2013_06_27_183831.jpg

Yeah dont laugh lol

EDIT: BUY HOTLINE MIAMI, MURAMASA, ODDWORLD STRANGERS WRATH, AND SOUL SACRIFICE NOW!!! LOOK OUT FOR TOUKIDEN, KILLZONE MERCS, TEARAWAY, DRAGONS CROWN, FF X-X2, RAYMAN LEGENDS, TERRARIA, SPELUNKY, AND YS: MEMORIES OF CELCETA COMING THIS FALL!! LOOK OUT FOR GAMESCOM!!!!
this was my first platinum too!

Its not redundant for everyone, but for quite a lot of people.
There are much better ways to use the budget...

TheChaos0

I noticed that there's a sale on EU psn for some awesome PSP jRPGs like Persona 2/3, Trails in the Sky and some other. What the sales list didn't show (at least for me) that there's a also a sale for Growlanser and Gungnir, I was meaning to pick them up so I guess now is the time.

Tizoc

As someone who has never played Killzone before...what makes Mercs any different to the typical cover shooter, espcially since this'll be a handheld game? I know the latter sounds a little odd, but for some reason I feel that the experience and how a shooter would play on a handheld can differ from a console.

I haven't been posting on Gaf in the past few days, I feel so ashamed ;( I've been CRAZY busy at work, end of our fiscal year so everyone is going nuts. I haven't been playing my Vita much either but when I do, I keep putting down Persona and going for DJMAX lolol, I just loooooove that game. I really want to progress further in Persona though ._.

Top Bottom