• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

Skyzard

Banned
Welcome back man. Been a while! Also welcome to the two-Vitas club.

Haha cheers!

Although I feel quite guilty about it...they're both black too ;)

Does feel nice to have that added security and a backup for convenience though.

I bought some replacement touchscreen (and rearpad for £40ish) from HK to fix my old one, although it's been acting fine the last few days.
Been hooked to hotline miami too, never played it before - put together a vomit-ish wallpaper for it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67148701&postcount=1415

Sorry, so much I wanted to post...I'm just going to write it off and start fresh.

RoKKeR

Just tried out Knytt Underground for the first time. Wow, what a beautiful game. Lots of LIMBO vibes, and that's a great thing.

MikeRox

Almost finished LBP but I'm stuck on the last level boss. So I went on to play some more SS. Where I'm also stuck in the last boss battle. :3

If you can get that far in Soul Sacrifice (a game which owns me!) I can't comprehend how you could possibly have any problems with LBP!

Sol1dus

If you can get that far in Soul Sacrifice (a game which owns me!) I can't comprehend how you could possibly have any problems with LBP!

The stupid last boss is annoying and I gave up after my third try last night.

Also, fuck the trash section thing in Sine Mora. Deletd that shit. Wasnt enjoying the game to begin with and that part completely killed it for me

MikeRox

Heya all!
I got me a Vita today finally! Uncharted pack with 4gb card!
System looks sleek tho I wish the UI was less gamey-kiddy and more simple. I still don't understand why there is another start screen for an app after clicking to its icon on menu. There are so many subscreens, it's a little bit confusing lol.

Downloading soul sacrifice right now, played the demo and it looks fun, can't wait to try online coop. But I don't have any friends!
Psn id GimmeCat
Feel free to add me vita bros

There's quite a bit of single player Soul Sacrifice to play before you can go online. My internet connection has been barely dial up since I got far enough for network play :( so I've not been able to try co-op yet, but the game itself, just wow! I thought I'd hate it as I just could not get on with Monster Hunter, but the world, story, audio just completely hook me in, and the battles are really engaging :D

As for the Vita UI, when you press the game bubble, it takes you to the home screen as it updates the live wall with things your friends etc have been doing on the game, lets you know if there are new updates etc. It's a bit like the Wii U home screen, only each game has it's own one.

MikeRox

The stupid last boss is annoying and I gave up after my third try last night.

Also, fuck the trash section thing in Sine Mora. Deletd that shit. Wasnt enjoying the game to begin with and that part completely killed it for me

Man, I was okay with Soriata's levels, but then early in the next chapters there are bosses which utterly owned me (taking like 10+ attempts!) I am just that bad at the game lol. But I still love it :D I just need to grind some more I think.

Sol1dus

Man, I was okay with Soriata's levels, but then early in the next chapters there are bosses which utterly owned me (taking like 10+ attempts!) I am just that bad at the game lol. But I still love it :D I just need to grind some more I think.

When all else fails use a shield. Also, make sure to take into account their weaknesses. If you don't you'll die fast. I had trouble with one that killed me in one hit. When I learned their weakness I got a shield with that power and owned it.

Depends on the game. Some share save files between physical and digital versions, others don't.

is there a list somewhere like the psp compatibility list? Probably not to important for people to make a list. Anyone have any experiences with wipeout and gravity rush going from digital to physical and playing their saves?

Verelios

Just received Muramasa from Newegg. Came with the Soundtrack, since some people seem worried about Newegg not getting first print extras.

Anyway, only about an hour or so in, but the graphics are really nice, movement is smooth and generally, I'm having an enjoyable time. Although, there's not much over the Wii-version, it is a nice re-iteration.

I'll post some impressions when I'm further in the game.

Tiamant

I want the Megaman games on Vita. I bought Megaman 4 in the eshop and it plays awfu , the jump/shoot buttons are inverted and you can't remap the controls :(

Sullichin

Guacamelee might be the first great Vita game that I've played. I didn't get it right away because while I love Metroidvanias, the aesthetic wasn't really clicking with me. I'm over that now though. The level design, platforming puzzles and combat are excellent.

I picked a shitty month to sign up for PS+. Barely anything on sale, the instant games available don't really appeal to me or I already have them, but I'm excited to be able to try out Gravity Rush.

So are they ever gonna continue updating PS1 titles to play with Vita? Such a shame the Crash and Spyro titles don't work.

This has been driving me nuts. I really expected those series to be there like...a year ago.
I know.. the only PS1 games I want aren't available in the US. I've bought a few of my old favorite PS classics on PS3/Vita, but the Crash games stand the test of time better than the others. I NEED my Crash games on this thing :(

whitehawk

Banned
Which ones?

I don't have PS3 but always thought the general consensus was less than spectacular.

And yes, PS4 remote play seems promising.
Lately I've been playing God of War 2 over remote play. It works great. Also there's a feature I just found out, but if you double tap the screen during remote play, it will show the native video feed your getting. It's a little smaller than the full Vita screen. Hopefully we get native video streaming with the PS4.

Doran902

me and my roomate each got our vitas today, assassins creed bundles with the 4gb cards and persona 4

also already had playstation plus and a bunch of games

super annoyed that uncharted is a 3gb download and its 100 bucks for a 32gb card

its a really nice light system with an absolutely gorgeous screen hopefully persona is as good as everyone says it is

i have a disc version of god of war collection and jak hd collection, be nice if i could play them on vita

RoKKeR

wow remote play is awesome. can't wait for the PS4 feature. playing some ps3 games on vita

Yep, by far in a way my most anticipated feature for PS4.

Speaking of which I just got a PS3... are there any big games that have Remote Play functionality? I only have a few games because I'm burning through the exclusives.

whitehawk

Banned
Yep, by far in a way my most anticipated feature for PS4.

Speaking of which I just got a PS3... are there any big games that have Remote Play functionality? I only have a few games because I'm burning through the exclusives.
Pretty sure Lair is the only retail PS3 game to support it.

According to Wikipedia, these titles too: (which isn't very accurate because I edited a few titles out recently): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play

DigitalOp

Banned
played Castle Crashers on my PS3...

this is the kind of game that should be played on the Vita with friends :O

Castle Crashers would be ill for sure..

VITAGAF, First one to quote this post gets a free month trial for PS+ if you don't have it yet! Enjoy!! (It expires tomm btw)

Prince Of Persia Vita announcement next week?
Get ready for some news about Prince of Persia, starting next week...
https://www.facebook.com/princeofpersia/posts/10152984765535195
944x531.jpg

I wouldn't get my hopes up

played Castle Crashers on my PS3...

this is the kind of game that should be played on the Vita with friends :O

Tell me about it. Probably my favorite game of the generation. Online and Ad Hoc for life.

A couple weeks before DoubleEleven got the gig with Q Games and Pixel Junk Monsters they were looking for work after the Limbo port and said they'd love to do it, but it's not their call.

I tried to connect it via tweet @ mentions, but Behemoth are the anti-Brian Povinciano, so I don't know what I was thinking. I'm glad they've got a partnership with Q Games, and I hope it leads to Shooter 1, 2 & Sidescroller

wilflare

Tell me about it. Probably my favorite game of the generation. Online and Ad Hoc for life.

A couple weeks before DoubleEleven got the gig with Q Games and Pixel Junk Monsters they were looking for work after the Limbo port and said they'd love to do it, but it's not their call.

I tried to connect it via tweet @ mentions, but Behemoth are the anti-Brian Povinciano, so I don't know what I was thinking. I'm glad they've got a partnership with Q Games, and I hope it leads to Shooter 1, 2 & Sidescroller

wonder if tweeting shahid or boyes would help.
Scott Pilgrim too

Ken

Well you know what missions give what rewards, and to get all three of them each mission you have to get a certain rating which is more "skill based" then beating a monster over and over hoping you get the right part out of ten. And other offerings that aren't offered through missions come from breaking cursed parts which granted also happens in other hunting games so its not really a big deal.

Nooo. The real drops are the SE/LE and +/++ variants. Those are the big deal and their randomness killed the game's longevity for me.

webkatt

I'm loving the Vita so far.

Is there a way to switch PSN accounts?

I'm using my friends account because he has ps+, i'd really like to get trophies under my account though

aro52

I'm using my friends account because he has ps+, i'd really like to get trophies under my account though

Nope. One account per Vita.
Quit being cheap, and get PS+ already!

Nope, Sony screw up on that front.
Just enjoy your free games and don't care about trophies :p

DigitalOp

Banned
Hotline has blown my mind. "Difficult, Stylish, and Addictive" should be the quote on the box.

This is the first time Im playing the game and it seems so natural on Vita, what a wonderful machine.

I loaded up Guacamelee and updated my Soul Sacrifice so those three will be the next games I tackle.. I seriously need a 16 GB card guys... can someone help me find one at a good price??

BTW, I got my first platinum a couple days ago... Like 1st Plat ever between PS3 and Vita...

Guess what it was?

2013_06_27_183831.jpg

Yeah dont laugh lol

EDIT: BUY HOTLINE MIAMI, MURAMASA, ODDWORLD STRANGERS WRATH, AND SOUL SACRIFICE NOW!!! LOOK OUT FOR TOUKIDEN, KILLZONE MERCS, TEARAWAY, DRAGONS CROWN, FF X-X2, RAYMAN LEGENDS, TERRARIA, SPELUNKY, AND YS: MEMORIES OF CELCETA COMING THIS FALL!! LOOK OUT FOR GAMESCOM!!!!

wilflare

EDIT: BUY HOTLINE MIAMI, MURAMASA, ODDWORLD STRANGERS WRATH, AND SOUL SACRIFICE NOW!!! LOOK OUT FOR TOUKIDEN, KILLZONE MERCS, TEARAWAY, DRAGONS CROWN, FF X-X2, RAYMAN LEGENDS, TERRARIA, SPELUNKY, AND YS: MEMORIES OF CELCETA COMING THIS FALL!! LOOK OUT FOR GAMESCOM!!!!

my poor wallet :(

webkatt

Nope. One account per Vita.
Quit being cheap, and get PS+ already!

Lol I feel it's a little redundant as we have 2 PS3 and an account with PS+.

We gameshare between the two of us.

I dont care for trophies all that much but it would be nice. I'm waiting out to buy ps+ for cheap. Maybe there will be another target typo thingy

Top Bottom