• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shahid just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/350776828316745728

I never played the original game. Is it worth it asking for a remake?

I have never played the first, but the second was awesome and had one of the most badass cover ever
Lastninja2-c64_cover01.jpg

It needs completely different controls because it was really hard to play, it was really short compared to modern games(it's not a game's fault, games of that era were way shorter) and i don't know if such an old game aged well... Add that amiga remakes for one reason or another are all bad :(

Markadias

Banned
is that Nyko Power Grip worth it for extra Battery Juice?

well I got PS+ so gravity rush was already downloaded also Guacamelee got it for Ps3 since its cross buy :D

I think the battery is decent enough pal. Lasted from 10 - 4:30 whilst playing Hotline Miami intensively on full volume through my earphones.
I haven't tried the grip myself but I heard it is pretty decent.

TheChaos0

well I got PS+ so gravity rush was already downloaded also Guacamelee got it for Ps3 since its cross buy :D

It adds a lot of time before you need to recharge but to honest, I used it only a few times (10 hour flights). I'm not sure if it makes it more or less comfortable to hold the Vita.

Vita's battery is usually good enough.

I think the battery is decent enough pal. Lasted from 10 - 4:30 whilst playing Hotline Miami intensively on full volume through my earphones.
I haven't tried the grip myself but I heard it is pretty decent.

It adds a lot of time before you need to recharge but to honest, I used it only a few times (10 hour flights). I'm not sure if it makes it more or less comfortable to hold the Vita.

Vita's battery is usually good enough.

I guess I'll buy it when I'm expecting a long trip

Got to chapter 13 on Hotline Miami in one sitting at work earlier (productive day) if you've sat on the fence... Buy it. Great game, awesome on dat OLED

bought

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

The grip is worth it for better and longer grip more than the battery and it's good for bigger hands (notice that PDP Trigger Grip is not designed for bigger hands)

also you should consider getting bluecell Cross button concave sticks sets.

they made the Vita sitcks a bit higher and way better grip for your hand overall
QBBd8Ed.jpg

^ concave sticks on my ex-vita

combine that with the power grip and you get perfect handheld gaming experience.

Man Vita is just dying a slow painful death. The excitement has fizzled out. Its almost the end of the month and just 111 pages? Back in the day this thread used to be on the front page 24/7 now its in like the second or third page until it is bumped. Even when its bumped, theres nothing exciting. :( So much potential...

Markadias

Banned
The grip is worth it for better and longer grip more than the battery and it's good for bigger hands (notice that PDP Trigger Grip is not designed for bigger hands)

they made the Vita sitcks a bit higher and way better grip for your hand overall
QBBd8Ed.jpg

^ concave sticks on my my ex-vita

combine that with the power grip and you get perfect handheld gaming experience.

That... Is beautiful *wipes away tear*

Didn't even know you get get concave add ons! Sooo buying some

Edit: can't find them? Any links to where you bought them would be appreciated.

Certinty

QBBd8Ed.jpg

^ concave sticks on my my ex-vita

Anyone know where I can get that concave sticks set in the UK?

I've often thought of getting that total carbon fiber skin for my Vita...but I just love the look of it as it is, all sexy and black and shiny...I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

^concave sticks on my ex-vita.

Those sticks, on the other hand, very choice. Are you able to tell how much additional height they add overall to the system? Or really, how much larger overall they make the sticks? My case (PDP Pull and Go Folio) has 2 slots for the sticks to fit in, so they don't get all fudged up during storage, travel, etc. I'd like to know if those covers will clear the space..

danthefan

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ffs.

Staying in a hotel for the next week and I forgot the fucking charger for my Vita. This is unbelievably upsetting. It's work too so not as if I've anything to do in the evenings.

Honey Bunny

Wow so Cytus Lambda on PSMobile is genuinely good and worth your time if you like rhythm games...and is even worth the 10 quid price tag they want for the full thing (you can dl the first chapter, a handful of songs, for free). Never thought I'd say that about a PSM release.

Iacobellis

Man Vita is just dying a slow painful death. The excitement has fizzled out. Its almost the end of the month and just 111 pages? Back in the day this thread used to be on the front page 24/7 now its in like the second or third page until it is bumped. Even when its bumped, theres nothing exciting. :( So much potential...

The thread should have more commotion once Gamescom happens in August.

Trigger

The thread seems plenty active to me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
woahhh concave stick mod?!!!

Disgaea 3 will fill any hole. If you have yet to play it that is. You don't play it for the story, or the characters you play it because the actual gameplay has some depth to it. I am sorry but no game will completely fill the hole that P4G has left.

srpgs never really clicked with me - is there something about disgea that is particularly compelling?

Anyone in here get all the puzzle pieces in Hotline Miami -- I'm trying to get the one in 12 and he won't pick it up.

Is there some strange prereq I don't know about before you can grab it?

Jamix012

yeah I really don't know where hes coming from lol

May Thread: 118 Pages
April Thread: 165 Pages
March Thread: 158 Pages
February Thread: 249 Pages (started Jan 25th but Feb is a shorter month Anyway)

Vita Thread Activity during November 2012: 250 Pages

So I guess it is LESS popular now then before.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I really wish Megaman Powered Up was on the PSN store. That game was a lot of fun on PSP, would love to play it on my Vita

Massa

May Thread: 118 Pages
April Thread: 165 Pages
March Thread: 158 Pages
February Thread: 249 Pages (started Jan 25th but Feb is a shorter month Anyway)

Vita Thread Activity during November 2012: 250 Pages

So I guess it is LESS popular now then before.

People are actually discussing games like Muramasa and Hotline Miami in their own threads, as it should be.

Eccocid

Heya all!
I got me a Vita today finally! Uncharted pack with 4gb card!
System looks sleek tho I wish the UI was less gamey-kiddy and more simple. I still don't understand why there is another start screen for an app after clicking to its icon on menu. There are so many subscreens, it's a little bit confusing lol.

Downloading soul sacrifice right now, played the demo and it looks fun, can't wait to try online coop. But I don't have any friends!
Psn id GimmeCat
Feel free to add me vita bros

Yopis

People are actually discussing games like Muramasa and Hotline Miami in their own threads, as it should be.

Was about to say same thing.

In other news my serial number sticker has started to lose Its grip to the system on Its own. Always had mine in a case since launch. Still looks new. Has anyone else experienced this?

QBBd8Ed.jpg

^ concave sticks on my ex-vita

I kinda hate the convex shape of the Vita's sticks, so I went ahead and ordered some off of eBay. (just search Vita joystick and you should find a ton that look similar to those Bluecell ones)
They aren't the Bluecell kind since those are out of stock everywhere, but they seem to be exactly the same.

Hopefully I should get them in a week or so and see if they're any good.

Moobabe

So I've had my Vita a few days - probably my favourite handheld system ever, in terms of the hardware itself.

I've ordered a memory card from Amazon and I'm looking for a case for games as well (if anyone could recommend one that would be nice.)

I'm playing my ONE game - The Jak Collection - and I've only played the first one so far and it's.. well it doesn't perform as well as I would have liked.

Looking to pick up Tactics Ogre, Guacamelee and Hotline Miami over the next couple of weeks.

Edit

Might go for this case for my games.

DigitalOp

Banned
Hey Vitafriends!

Idk if anyone saw this?... Total Recoil? Looks pretty fun! 3D Metal Slug gameplay in a sense.. Should be a good trophy romp. Drops July 9th

9159798752_6538e19f8d.jpg

9157574799_df7a089375.jpg

Watch The Trailer

40 campaign stages, 3 endless survivor stages. I think Vita will have a long life games that scale from indie mobile to AAA blockbuster and everything in between!!!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
DigitalOp, they also mention in the PSN Blogpost that it'll only cost $2.49 when it releases :) It was spoken about a few pages back, but those are some pretty good looking screenshots of it!

Thanks for letting more know about it, as it does look pretty cool.

lonely

I am salivating for a good jrpg, at the moment I am leaning towards Vagrant Story or maybe ZHP, maybe Tactic Ogre. Who am I kidding I have no idea I need some help picking one psp or ps1 and yes I have P4G.

LayLa

Does anyone in UK know how long it takes Sony to fix a Vita?
Sent mine in two weeks ago and haven't heard from them since.

Trigger

I am salivating for a good jrpg, at the moment I am leaning towards Vagrant Story or maybe ZHP, maybe Tactic Ogre. Who am I kidding I have no idea I need some help picking one psp or ps1 and yes I have P4G.

Vagrant Story > Tactics Ogre >>> ZHP.

WORLDTree

Playing both God's Eater and Soul Sacrifice at the same time really helps me appreciate their differences, Gods Eater is easier but the random drop nature makes it somewhat annoying to play for long stretchs when I know I have to spend a period grinding for parts, and I like that Soul Sacrifice hands out rewards based on skill but it's so hard sometimes especially since I picked Law first ;_;

And yeah the thread going down in page count is a GOOD thing, megathreads were removed because they were too big and information was hard to find if you didn't keep up with it from the start, if these threads stayed the same size as before we'd probably get nuked again,

Ken

Playing both God's Eater and Soul Sacrifice at the same time really helps me appreciate their differences, Gods Eater is easier but the random drop nature makes it somewhat annoying to play for long stretchs when I know I have to spend a period grinding for parts, and I like that Soul Sacrifice hands out rewards based on skill but it's so hard sometimes especially since I picked Law first ;_;

And yeah the thread going down in page count is a GOOD thing, megathreads were removed because they were too big and information was hard to find if you didn't keep up with it from the start, if these threads stayed the same size as before we'd probably get nuked again,

SS drops are skill based? News to me.

If you start a game on ps plus and it expires and you have the game physically the save will work on it correct? I really cant remember definitively if it does or not, i think i does work though.

Massa

If you start a game on ps plus and it expires and you have the game physically the save will work on it correct? I really cant remember definitively if it does or not, i think i does work though.

Depends on the game. Some share save files between physical and digital versions, others don't.

WORLDTree

SS drops are skill based? News to me.

Well you know what missions give what rewards, and to get all three of them each mission you have to get a certain rating which is more "skill based" then beating a monster over and over hoping you get the right part out of ten. And other offerings that aren't offered through missions come from breaking cursed parts which granted also happens in other hunting games so its not really a big deal.

Metalmarc

Fuuuuuuuuuu just ran out of space on my Vita before downloading hotline miami and ghostbusters psp and they are only small and i detest removing content and re-downloading but i have no choice

edit: 32gb ran out of space

come on sony ffs i need 64gb storage options and i need 3rd party options too

Wow so Cytus Lambda on PSMobile is genuinely good and worth your time if you like rhythm games...and is even worth the 10 quid price tag they want for the full thing (you can dl the first chapter, a handful of songs, for free). Never thought I'd say that about a PSM release.

I second this completely. Cytus Lambda is soooo good. I've already scored perfect scores on almost all 10 free songs (on hard). Welp, I guess its time to buy the full game.

Well you know what missions give what rewards, and to get all three of them each mission you have to get a certain rating which is more "skill based" then beating a monster over and over hoping you get the right part out of ten. And other offerings that aren't offered through missions come from breaking cursed parts which granted also happens in other hunting games so its not really a big deal.
i think that comment may have been about the randomness of the + and ++ drops

Skyzard

Banned
Second Vita arrived today.

Feel so naughty. 2 Vitas and no 3DS.

And hello again everyone :) ban finally lifted -_- Ridiculous month long ban: "don't start shit in a shitty thread" - some guy was saying "is it just me or are there some really militant Vita users." Obviously I told him to go through the thread with nintendo shades off. Anyway, moving on. Missed you all.

Bought Sly Cooper and Hotline Miami recently. Loving both although wish Sly had shorter loading times but at least the levels are really big - and the movesets are pretty great, especially for Sly, it's like cartoon asscreed.

Also CoD declassified came with the new vita. It's okay but I wish there were more maps. will do till Killzone gets here.

Finished The Last of Us so now I can get back to my Vita and play Hotline Miami!

It's almost as if people have had two new consoles to discuss this month...

I'm surprised you'd even care, what with your habit of thread-shitting on any other Vita thread and everything.

Sol1dus

Almost finished LBP but I'm stuck on the last level boss. So I went on to play some more SS. Where I'm also stuck in the last boss battle. :3

Top Bottom