• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

Uh, new thread. Time to introduce myself.
I'm the new Vitabro in town.
Bought a Vita in August(3G Version incl. Fifa Football and 3 month Ps+ for 199€).
I've been reading the Vitathreads for a few months now, so I know you, but you don't know me =)

I love Wipeout2048 and play it regularly(add "bangbazie" if you want to compare time trial times), I just platinumed Guacamelee and I am very much looking forward to Hotline Miami and Velocity Ultra HD. Also Rayman Legends on Vita would make me very happy.
Oh, and I'm one of the few people who aren't interested in Persona4:The Golden. I generally don't like japanese games that much, I liked GravityRush though.

Edit: Holy shit! First post top of the page. Guess I have to recommend something.
Buy Wipeout! And Guacamelee!

DiscoJer

wtf is this thread's title about ?

I think it's a reference to last week's release of Penguin Party on Playstation Mobile (it's free, so people should try it).

One of H.P. Lovecraft's best stories features giant, monstrous, albino penguins.

All this flashed in unison through the thoughts of Danforth and me as we looked from those headless, slime-coated shapes to the loathsome palimpsest sculptures and the diabolical dot groups of fresh slime on the wall beside them - looked and understood what must have triumphed and survived down there in the Cyclopean water city of that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss, whence even now a sinister curling mist had begun to belch pallidly as if in answer to Danforth's hysterical scream.

penguin-fringed abyss is one of my favorite phrases.

jwk94

Bought a Vita in August(3G Version incl. Fifa Football and 3 month Ps+ for 199€).
I've been reading the Vitathreads for a few months now, so I know you, but you don't know me =)

I love Wipeout2048 and play it regularly(add "bangbazie" if you want to compare time trial times), I just platinumed Guacamelee and I am very much looking forward to Hotline Miami and Velocity Ultra HD. Also Rayman Legends on Vita would make me very happy.
Oh, and I'm one of the few people who aren't interested in Persona4:The Golden. I generally don't like japanese games that much, I liked GravityRush though.

Edit: Holy shit! First post top of the page. Guess I have to recommend something.
Buy Wipeout! And Guacamelee!
Welcome new vita brother! One of my first games was actually wipeout, glad to hear you're enjoying it. I still need to plat guacamelee though. You lost me at persona but it's all good since you like the Vitas best game, Gravity Rush! Welcome to the club and enjoy your stay.

Ps you forgot your top of the page recommendations!

The_Monk

Welcome to VITA-GAF fellow GAFfer, enjoy your stay and have fun. :)

---

May thread, yay! Some stuff:

- Good info on the thread, as always!
- Grim Heaper is a good fellow GAFfer!

I have finished Thomas was alone to 100% last week and I'm probably with 4-5 Chapters left on Gravity Rush. What a great soundtrack!

And now something it's been haunting my mind since yesterday, I know fellow GAFfer Carl got it, but did others get it and what do you think about:
Farming Simulator...?

I have no idea why I ask this, maybe I just need something to chill out since I've been so tired.

SmokyDave

EDF2017 Portable is getting pretty tough single-player. Still loving it though, it's a great game to grind whilst the missus is watching TV.

Pachimari

Wait, Metal Gear Solid is on sale, also in EU?
I'm looking to buy the PSone edition and Peace Walker.

Anyway I'm probably covered for the rest of the year.
I gotta get back to Persona 4 Golden after my Vita said my memory card had been removed and hadn't saved but I'm only like 3 hours in or something if I remember right. Then, I haven't even started on PS All-Stars, LittleBigPlanet, MGS: HD Collection and Lumines yet - and gonna get Sound Shapes on sale today as well.

Then next month one of my all time favorites in Jak & Daxter Collection is out and when Killzone: Mercenary comes out on September 17 I will be covered on the Vita front for a while. Wonderful machine.

EDIT:
Add Hotline Miami for May and we're set.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Legends of war for vita is basically the
upressed?
psp version with better light, bump mapping and worse shadows, right?
509615-legends-of-war-patton-s-campaign-psp-screenshot-the-graphics.jpg

2013-04-30-153646_zps0f091bfd.jpg

shadows seems to be better defined in the psp version!
509613-legends-of-war-patton-s-campaign-psp-screenshot-well-maybe.jpg

goddammitwalter

Neo Member
Hey vitabros. Been following vita threads for a while and just got my vita last tuesday. Got ps plus from turkey psn so its basically eu psn. Also considering a 16gb memory card and Us psn but thatll have to wait :D. For the device itself, i've always wanted to buy it since lunch but now i got it, its even beyond my expectations. Loving Gravity rush and Thomas was alone so far...

Hey vitabros. Been following vita threads for a while and just got my vita last tuesday. Got ps plus from turkey psn so its basically eu psn. Also considering a 16gb memory card and Us psn but thatll have to wait :D. For the device itself, i've always wanted to buy it since lunch but now i got it, its even beyond my expectations. Loving Gravity rush and Thomas was alone so far...

Welcome to the vitabrotherhood fellow EU gaffer.

The_Monk

Welcome to the Vita-GAF fellow GAFfer. I also have a 16GB memory card. It's a good size unless you want to go 100% digital or want to download all the old and new (and keep space for the upcoming) games from PS Plus. In that unique case it may be short but I'm happy so far.

goddammitwalter

Neo Member
Welcome to the Vita-GAF fellow GAFfer. I also have a 16GB memory card. It's a good size unless you want to go 100% digital or want to download all the old and new (and keep space for the upcoming) games from PS Plus. In that unique case it may be short but I'm happy so far.

Thanks . I think for the vita games ill use us account since new games are much more cheaper there. For the psp and ps1 games which is cheaper in eu psn (almost half for most games) ill use 4gb which i have right now. It makes sence since of course psp and ps1 games takes less space. Finally i almost have to go %100 digital because physical copies are really expensive here...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
oops! haha meaning Content Manager etc?
In game saving, like Ninja Gaiden and Soul Sacrifice slot selection no longer need you to touch the screen to select and confirm.

Always bugged me, because at that point I had my fingers on the buttons and was ready to start playing.

kiyomi

16gb master race.

Welcome new Vitabros!

Foshy

Legends of war for vita is basically the
upressed?
psp version with better light, bump mapping and worse shadows, right?

Why did they even bother with a Vita version if they had no intentions to improve anything at all?

EDF2017 Portable is getting pretty tough single-player. Still loving it though, it's a great game to grind whilst the missus is watching TV.
I have some farming techniques for higher difficulties, but the the cheap route is to go online, play with higher level people, and get a bunch of overpowered weapons to plow through single player.

jwk94

The new batch of Vita users know whats up. Now I just need a sequel -_-

Im still playing Persona 4 Golden and Dynasty Warriors Next. Thinking about getting Persona 3 Portable, do the PSP ports play well on the Vita?

Im still playing Persona 4 Golden and Dynasty Warriors Next. Thinking about getting Persona 3 Portable, do the PSP ports play well on the Vita?

PSP games, almost unanimously, look and play better on the vita. They get a filtering pass, brighter colors and you can map things to the right stick.

This isn't game related but I don't think we have a vita tech thread anymore... is anyone else having their vita crash when they go into display settings in the settings menu? Every single time I try to go into those settings I get an error and my vita reboots in safe mode.

Any of my European Vitabros want a 30 day PS+ trial? I just picked up God of War: Ascension (£20!) and it came with one.

Although I doubt there are many people here who aren't already on PS+ lol.

VanWinkle

PSP games, almost unanimously, look and play better on the vita. They get a filtering pass, brighter colors and you can map things to the right stick.

This isn't game related but I don't think we have a vita tech thread anymore... is anyone else having their vita crash when they go into display settings in the settings menu? Every single time I try to go into those settings I get an error and my vita reboots in safe mode.

Just tried it out. Seemed to be fine. Very strange that happens for you, though. :/

Ponn

Banned

I got stuck on a level looked like an army base with tons of fences. They were throwing like 10 robots, zillion space craft things and the kitchen sink at me. My AI buddies were dying within seconds and I was just running around hiding from the robots till they blasted everything away and I had nowhere to go. I put it down to play Guacamelee. I may try multiplayer on it this weekend.

anyone else enjoying Zombie tycoon 2?

i just quickly played the first level or two and it's a little refreshing.

get it while its freeeeee

jwk94

This was asked in the Muramasa sales thread but I figured it owuldnt hurt to throw it up here. Does anyone know the file size of the Muramasa vita download? I know its out in Japan but I cant find any info on the file size.

I think this is a store page: http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0507pcsg00150_00oboromuramasa000.html
but I cant read any of that.
From what I'm getting through Google Translate, that page doesn't list the download size.

Not just me tho, i was playing it today on the bus and 2 kids; one like 7 and the other was 9 or something, were literally fighting to watch me play :D

That's good to hear. I remember when I was working at my local games retailer, I brought my Vita in to show the customers. This one chick who was really cool wanted to see it so i booted up Gravity Rush. Man, the look on that girl's face when she started flying around was priceless. She looked so happy and just surprised. Those moments always made my day.

Top Bottom