• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

Hoping to finish up Dokuro today. If I were to describe the game I'm a single sentence, it'd be "a long, difficult and satisfying test of puzzle abilities".

Not going for the platinum, as I don't think I'll have the skull to pull off the timed level trophy.
Finishing the game in a certain amount of time trophy is much easier than it sounds. Give it a try. There were stages that took me 4min of more to solve. And once I knew the solution it only took 1min or less. Plus the second time around u don't need to worry about the coins so that saves u even more time.

Edit: Top of Page Recomendation: Buy Guacamelee! So awesome!

Hmm just got $20 to my account. Thinking about Jacob Jones + Thomas was Alone or Oddworld + Jacob Jones... already have Guacamelee! Ack help me decide, VitaGaf!

Spwn

If we are talking about simulator - how the hell do i sell harvested stuff ?
I tried demo but it seems to not be exactly too intuitive (and my farming terms english kinda sux :) )

There are several sell points around the map where you take the harvested goods to on a trailer. This guide is pretty helpful for the most part.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You right, I thought that as well that this will be one of the reason the game is not localized. However I still hope the game become a success in Japan and localized in Eng, Im pretty sure many ppl would love to play it (including me)
Well, it certainly is a more marketable genre. I think the only games they haven't localized are Winning Post 7 (horse racing), Nobunaga's Ambition (Japanese turn based strategy) and Sangokushi (Romance of the Three Kingdoms turned based strategy).

Finishing the game in a certain amount of time trophy is much easier than it sounds. Give it a try. There were stages that took me 4min of more to solve. And once I knew the solution it only took 1min or less. Plus the second time around u don't need to worry about the coins so that saves u even more time.

Edit: Top of Page Recomendation: Buy Guacamelee! So awesome!
Well, I might give it a shot. :)

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
How is Remote Play? Could I have an (enjoyable) entire playthough of the PS+ Ico and SoTC HD collections?
I find the image from remote play to be a bit blurry. I suspect that this is because the encoding is done in the psp's resolution (the current remote play is a holdover from the psp anyway). I think you'd be better off playing on the ps3.

I can't wait for Farming Sim on Vita.. same with Terraria, Ys, Muramasa, KZ: Merc, Tearaway, Freedom Wars.. plus loads of other games I'm forgetting.

Carl

Wish I could buy this, but they didn't release the game in Australia, and I don't really want to bother with the hassle of swapping accounts. :(

Apparently it is released in Australia...? So says Dan.

If he needs help with the german translation, I could do it. I am a native speaker.

And I can help with French.

Seriously if it's only a matter of translation, I'd gladly help.

And I'd gladly help with Italian, if you're interested.

Jesus, you guys are awesome. I'll talk to him in a bit and send you a message about it if he says he wants help :) <3

Bu-bu-but... <insert no gaems joke here>.

Bwahaha, I was basically overlooking all the indie games because those don't count in the eyes of the naysayers and the fence-sitters. They want huge, impossible games on a handheld and then they complain that they don't want console experiences on a handheld, they want bite sized versions of console games. The circle keeps going round and round ;)

There really is a ton of Vita games coming, so excited!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, halp. I have ¥300 burning a hole in my e-wallet and I don't know what to buy.
Never got anything on PSM so maybe now is the time. Recommendations please!

Edit: Also I see what you mean about the store descriptions now, Carl. If you want, I can help with Japanese translation (although there may be some on here more capable than me).

Guys, halp. I have ¥300 burning a hole in my e-wallet and I don't know what to buy.
Never got anything on PSM so maybe now is the time. Recommendations please!

Edit: Also I see what you mean about the store descriptions now, Carl. If you want, I can help with Japanese translation (although there may be some on here more capable than me).

For Vita games: Guacamelee!, Thomas was Alone, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. This will be around $40.

PSP games: Persona 3 Portable ($19), Tactics Ogre ($19).

Is there a paywall or is it just freakishly hard? The PSP games were a load of fun but they got STUPID hard IMO. Hallways got too wide, monsters would get the disadvantage from heroes, etc.
No paywall. I just suck and I think it's down to a bit of luck too.

Yu-Nama isn't as hard as the PSP games since it's just a match three game, but it can still be pretty tough.

Jesus, you guys are awesome. I'll talk to him in a bit and send you a message about it if he says he wants help :) <3

Waiting for your message then! :)

BTW, for the CL final tomorrow (and some PS4 news?), there is a 50% (60%) sale on Fifa 13 on PSV starting now for the whole week-end.

Shoyz

BTW, for the CL final tomorrow (and some PS4 news?), there is a 50% (60%) sale on Fifa 13 on PSV starting now for the whole week-end.

US or UK? In the UK there is (was?) an amazon promotion where buying 3 months of PS+ got you a free download of FIFA 13.

US or UK? In the UK there is (was?) an amazon promotion where buying 3 months of PS+ got you a free download of FIFA 13.

I'd say it's EU because I'm on the FR store. I remember the UK deal but I had been told I couldn't enjoy the UK codes on my FR account so didn't jump on it.

178Oa.jpeg

LMN

Well, it certainly is a more marketable genre. I think the only games they haven't localized are Winning Post 7 (horse racing), Nobunaga's Ambition (Japanese turn based strategy) and Sangokushi (Romance of the Three Kingdoms turned based strategy).

Then hopefully, I wish the game come out at stateside at the end of this year or beginning of next year =)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
For Vita games: Guacamelee!, Thomas was Alone, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. This will be around $40.

PSP games: Persona 3 Portable ($19), Tactics Ogre ($19).

Maybe that symbol didn't show up properly - I only have 300 Yen (about 3 dollars on a good day), so looking for recommendations primarily from the mobile store ;)

I have Guacamelee though, and it is awesome!

Groof

Not tempted by Fifa 13, but I am tempted by Fifa Street for £9 (I know it's PS3 not Vita, sorry haha) but I dunno how much I'd enjoy it.

Also I'm not sure that free Fifa 13 Amazon offer is still on. I couldn't find it at least...

btkadams

it really pisses me off when games all of a sudden become really fucking difficult at the end. i can't beat guacamelee. i can't get past the final boss'
first form
. i watched a video online and i try to do what he does, but it just doesn't work. it's so frustrating.

it really pisses me off when games all of a sudden become really fucking difficult at the end. i can't beat guacamelee. i can't get past the final boss'
first form[/spoiiler]. i watched a video online and i try to do what he does, but it just doesn't work. it's so frustrating.
You'll get the timing. Basically you have to:
* roll as soon as you hit him properly (with whatever attack), to cancel the animation frames of your hit
* then after half a second maybe, double jump to the left or the right to avoid his attacks

And that way you won't get hit a single time, it's pretty easy actually when you get the hang of it. The most important tip is the roll-cancel I think. If you don't do that you get your ass handed over to you pretty fast.

Kerub

Banned
I have a spare network pass code for Wipeout, anybody need it? With reservation that there is a slight risk it's been used already.

antibolo

Banned
Maybe that symbol didn't show up properly - I only have 300 Yen (about 3 dollars on a good day), so looking for recommendations primarily from the mobile store ;)

I have Guacamelee though, and it is awesome!

I thought Guacamelee was not on the Japanese store? Did they add it recently?

btkadams

You'll get the timing. Basically you have to:
* roll as soon as you hit him properly (with whatever attack), to cancel the animation frames of your hit
* then after half a second maybe, double jump to the left or the right to avoid his attacks

And that way you won't get hit a single time, it's pretty easy actually when you get the hang of it. The most important tip is the roll-cancel I think. If you don't do that you get your ass handed over to you pretty fast.

hmmm ok i'll give it a shot later. thanks!

The game is going to have breast touching moments/upskirt/general perviness as well. It's out of place and more than a little weird. I think you do it with quest givers and merchants, which for whatever reason are dressed up in lingerie.

NSFW: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...nights-3-gets-a-particularly-racy-promo-movie

I didn't notice this before because sometimes I don't catch up on everything posted from the night before but....

welp, it looks like I'm even more down for getting this game.

Vodh

Sony really needs to sort the download list bullshit out. I have over 200 items and for example about 30 of those is DLC for Ridge Racer Vita... Putting stuff to folders with separate folders for items downloadable for the Vita and PS3 and grouping DLC for games into single folders (one per game, possibly including the game download too) should be the very minimum. Give me an option to search for specific items from the list and an option to download games with all the DLC I own for that game automatically and we're golden.

On an unrelated note - I've bought Sine Mora through the PSN web store and it didn't appear on my Download List o_O I had to buy it again on the Vita... (well, 'buy', free PS+ game). And on the web store it was marked as purchased already... Anyone had this happen before? Now I'm scared that the other titles i purchase through the web store won't appear on my DL list...

xJavonta

Banned
Sony really needs to sort the download list bullshit out. I have over 200 items and for example about 30 of those is DLC for Ridge Racer Vita... Putting stuff to folders with separate folders for items downloadable for the Vita and PS3 and grouping DLC for games into single folders (one per game, possibly including the game download too) should be the very minimum. Give me an option to search for specific items from the list and an option to download games with all the DLC I own for that game automatically and we're golden.

On an unrelated note - I've bought Sine Mora through the PSN web store and it didn't appear on my Download List o_O I had to buy it again on the Vita... (well, 'buy', free PS+ game). And on the web store it was marked as purchased already... Anyone had this happen before? Now I'm scared that the other titles i purchase through the web store won't appear on my DL list...

The West is best at DD stuff. I wish Nintendo and Sony would take note from devs like Microsoft and Valve. They handle downloadable shit right.

Lol yes, the x360 has a fantastic system for downloadable content. Put your bias aside and you wouldn't be so blind to that.

As far as I remember it has a download list exactly like Sonys except it has categories or something.

The storefront used to be much better than psn but they are the same nowadays. Both are a clusterfuck

xJavonta

Banned
As far as I remember it has a download list exactly like Sonys except it has categories or something.

The storefront used to be much better than psn but they are the same nowadays. Both are a clusterfuck
A download list? You mean the active downloads? There's not much that can be done on that front, but as far as actual download management goes MS and Valve are ahead of everyone else (I dare say Origin too)

You know what I really wish would be brought overseas?

Dat Nax Music Player

It would give me an excuse to load music onto my Vita. As it stands, I have some but I don't use it as much even though I complained and cried about custom music support being nonexistent on the PS3.

When is that F2P Toro Animal Crossing/Dungeon Crawler coming out?

Wait what?!

Top Bottom