• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSX compatibility list (Bad, SCEA! Bad!)

Ponn

Banned
Wheww...saw list and was going to rage then read thread. So another PSP games transfer fiasco, I can live with that as long as they work. With SCEE officially releasing them all though just really, REALLY shows how fucking inept SCEA is. Seriously SCEA community manager, if you are reading this, you personally don't suck but you work for a group of inept people that seemingly cannot learn anything from their repeated fuck ups. It's embarrassing for you and your company and someone there needs to finally get embarrassed and feel ashamed enough to make the changes needed.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Wait... what is this bubble thingy people are talking about?

This is my first time I'll ever connect my Vita to my PS3. I'm currently downloading FFIX on my PS3, and I hope to transfer it to my Vita. Is there something else I need to do?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LMAO. Sony: Master Trolls.

I seriously hope that's not all the US gets outwise I'm sending the check for $262 US DOLLARS to Sony to get my money back. :|

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Last year, Nintendo of Europe > Nintendo of America

This year Sony Computer Entertainment Europe > Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Europe > America confirmed.

kassatsu

Banned
if true, AAAAHJGHDJSKGHDSJGKHFFFFFFFF. I held off on playing them all for months for the sole reason of being able to play them on Vita. In fact, I have ~30 PS1 Classics, but the only one that I actually paid for is FFVII.

The same thing happened for Minis at first. SCEA didn't think it would happen again?

Okay, I at least managed to download one game through the Download list from the store.
I'm very disappointed in the emulator. It's basically the PSP emulator. L2/R2/L3/R3 are somehow mapped to the rear touchpad (couldn't test, game doesn't use those). You can no longer map any buttons to the analog sticks.
Also, you can't take screenshots, it probably really runs in PSP mode.

So it's the same emulator people werealready playing through the earlier exploits...

>.> So all they had to do was use the PSP emulator's already coded PSX emulator... Then why is this such a mess? I was hoping for slightly better emulations...not an emulator of an emulator. >.>

Fabulous launch, SCEA. Was worth the wait.

4.gif

Elios83

It seems like Sony can't get their message together.
If you download the games from the store on the PS3 and you DON'T install them so that they're still represented as bubbles, then you can transfer them on the PSVita.
The short list on the US Blog refers to the titles directly downloadable through the PSVita, but if you have a PS3 you can transfer other games.

If you download the games from the store on the PS3 and you DON'T install them so that they're still represented as bubbles, then you can transfer them on the PSVita.
The short list on the US Blog refers to the titles directly downloadable through the PSVita, but if you have a PS3 you can transfer other games.

Needs to be tested and updated in OP and thread title.

Teknoman

So then you have to:

Download game on PS3, install game on PS3, redownload on PS3, and then transfer to Vita? Eh...whatever, I need to snag the biggest memory card tonight.

Strange. Both Resident Evil: Directors Cut and Xenogears are now able to transfer after showing up as "No Content Available". I didn't even reset either system just backed out of the content manager and reconnected.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
So then you have to:

Download game on PS3, install game on PS3, redownload on PS3, and then transfer to Vita?
No, no, download the game on the PS3, but make sure you don't install it, and then transfer it to the Vita. If you've already installed the game on the PS3, you won't have the bubble, and thus need to redownload it.

I really try Sony. I try to always give you a second seventy-fifth chance. I am PS+ and a day one Vita owner (US) and you shit all over us. I want to say fuck you but this is so ridiculous I can't help but laugh. Thank god for Kerbal Space Program to make me happy during the moments I can game and not shit like this. Ugh. Well, at least I can play FFVII...I think.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wait... what is this bubble thingy people are talking about?

This is my first time I'll ever connect my Vita to my PS3. I'm currently downloading FFIX on my PS3, and I hope to transfer it to my Vita. Is there something else I need to do?

Make sure you install it on PS3 to be safe.

hongcha

I posted this in the 1.8 firmware thread, but thought it might be helpful here too:

I just got the update on my japanese vita. On my jpn psn account, it will let me download :

Grandia
Ganbare goemon uchuukaizoku
Saga frontier 2
Policenauts
Donpachi

I can't yet download:

Crime crackers 2
Harmful park
Himitsu taisen metamoru v
Adventures of Little Ralph

urfe

So... how are the games that do work? Do they look good on the Vita? Can you use the joysticks?

Also, since it's not the 28th in America, or the 29th in Europe yet, I'm surprised anything works already.

Teknoman

No, no, download the game on the PS3, but make sure you don't install it, and then transfer it to the Vita. If you've already installed the game on the PS3, you won't have the bubble, and thus need to redownload it.

Ah ok, had it right the first time.

Also scratch buying the biggest card. 100 bucks for 32GB? No way. A 16GB should do for now if i've only got PS1 titles, Legend of Heroes TiTS, Killzone Liberation, Pursuit Force, and normal Vita saves right? Dont really plan on buying anything digital aside from maybe PSP titles like Ghosts and Goblins.

iammeiam

I'm not sure "If you own an entirely separate games console you'll be able to transfer titles at random, but we won't tell you which" is a huge selling point.

Kaibutsu

*sigh* downloaded about 15 games last night on to my ps3 including final fantasy vii, viii, ix, tomba, mgs, wild arms, suikoden, silent hill, etc. Had the bubbles all ready to be copied over to my vita and......... nothing. Nothing shows up in the content manager :p There are no fucking content items my ass

Arsenic

I don't own a Vita and don't plan to for a long, long time, but this is inexcusable. Can these guys get anything right? Anyway, Trenton needs to go or something, there needs to be a shakeup before the PS4 release.

Agent X

I'm appalled. It's taken more than six months to get PS1 compatibility, and after all this time the best effort they can muster is a small handful of games (either 9 or 16, depending on where you're reading it on the PS.Blog) running through a rejiggered version of the PSP's PS1 emulator.

It really is a colossal disappointment after all.

B.K.

Copying over Final Fantasy IX now. I'm downloading Vagrant Story. Hopefully it'll be downloaded soon and I'll try it.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Silent Hill and Castlevania Chronicles transfers via PS3
Final Fantasy V wouldn't

Sonuvabitch!

All I wanted to do was play FFV on my Vita, and instead of it working out of the gate I have to wait some undetermined length of time for SCEA to "release" it on Vita? When it already works in Euroland?

Now I'm downloading the 1.8 update and it says it will take 45 minutes to download! I never moaned about the time it took to update the PS3, but c'mon, it's only 100 MB!

At this rate, if Sony were the only handheld console manufacturer in the world, they would still lose to themselves.

Very strange. At first my ps+ copy of sotn wasn't showing up but after I downloaded my purchased copy of FFVI they both showed up and are copying over now. Ps+ games work it seems.

Very strange. At first my ps+ copy of sotn wasn't showing up but after I downloaded my purchased copy of FFVI they both showed up and are copying over now. Ps+ games work it seems.

I did redownload Resident Evil and then it and Xenogears showed up in the content manager after not being available. Maybe there is something to this?

Top Bottom