• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volgarr the Viking is 75% off on Steam for the next 40 hours

Tizoc

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247240/

Buy it, support the dev
ya cheap shmucks

I haven't bought this game but I tried it at a friend's place and was totally engrossed. One of those hard games that make you spend so much time on it you forget to eat

Game is so good. It's hard in a really good way, very classic Megaman in terms of how the difficulty works. Wrecks your face the first time through most levels but you can learn it quick enough and make good progress. Took me ~20 hours to get all the achievements. I wish I had more Volgarr to play. :(

Nabs

This game is amazing. Super accurate controls with great enemy and level design. I just hope people actually play it.

It's also this price on AmazonDD, so it might be cheaper for some of you.

Cheers for the heads-up, bought.

These kind of games can be a bit love/hate for me but I'm more than willing to give it a try for that price.

rjc571

Banned
Are they ever going to port this? I don't like playing games which require twitch reflexes on PC, because my monitor has too much input lag. I'd rather play it on Wii U (hooked up to my CRT) or one of my handhelds.

Are they ever going to port this? I don't like playing games which require twitch reflexes on PC, because my monitor has too much input lag. I'd rather play it on Wii U (hooked up to my CRT) or one of my handhelds.

I heard that it's gonna get ported to the Xbone. Anyway, get this game if you loved Rastan Saga or hard games in general

Doodlebug

Do I need a controller to play this? Or can it be played with a keyboard. FWIW, I completed Dark Souls with a keyboard.

Zornack

From a dev:

We are not planning on XBox One being the only console we port to, however it is the first console that will feature Volgarr the Viking for one simple reason - Microsoft gave us free dev kits. Sony and Nintendo told us they have no more "loaner" dev kits available, so we have to save up money to buy them (they aren't cheap, at least for us - it would be the equivalent of giving up 1-2 months of our salaries for each platform we get dev kits for). We're hoping the XB1 sales can get us to the point where we can afford to buy dev kits for the other consoles.

Also work on Mac and Linux version has continued to progress!

Glad to see the enthusiasm here for this port! :)

LGom09

I'm confused. I beat the first boss then exited the game. When I come back it tells me to go left to skip the level that I beat, but it only takes me to the first checkpoint of that level. Was I supposed to save my progress some other way?

Nabs

I'm confused. I beat the first boss then exited the game. When I come back it tells me to go left to skip the level that I beat, but it only takes me to the first checkpoint of that level. Was I supposed to save my progress some other way?

Keep going left.

Great game. I had this issue though, that every time I died I always restarted the game from the very beginning which ultimately wore my out and I never finished the game as a result of that.

aeolist

Banned
i seem to remember someone saying that this game has ghouls and ghosts/ghosts and goblins style controls, true or false?

Top Bottom