• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volition announces Saints Row Gat out of Hell (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360, $20, Jan 27, 2015)

Evil Beaver

From the trailer...who is that?

OJuThYP.png

I was initially disappointed at the concept (even smaller open world, no customizable character), but that trailer sold me

Looks like Deep Silver is going to milk that franchise hard like with Dead Island.

they spent $22 mil on the franchise, why the hell are you surprised they're making games for it?

Yazuka

Hm, will probably jump on the Re-elected port. Maybe.
I wish the series could go back a little more to SR2, its the game I've had most fun with in the Saints Row series. Looking forward to SR05 at least.
And the artwork for Gat out of hell is just awesome!

EDIT: OH, since it's bundle with Re-election I'm probably definitely going to get it.

I'll grab the Re-Elected PS4 port. It will be nice to play Saints Row IV and have it not be horribly blurry. The PS3 port was... less than ideal.

BeerSnob

When Saint's Row embraced the stupid and stopped being a 12 year old's idea of organized street crime, it got soooo much better. This looks optimally stupid.

Yazuka

This all but confirms that Saints Row will never have that balance like in Saints Row 2

Or we can hope they get this out for their system and can make a SR game more like SR2. That would be neat.

EDIT: Sorry. I mean get it out of their system. Not out for their system. But hopefully you got that.

sharnaak

I'm going to buy it on steam, I just love it.

I'm also kinda happy for the re-release on new gen console, from what I had heared around the launch windows of sr4 playing it on ps3&360 was awful.

Btw if they don't want to make sr5 I'd be happy to have a remake of the first 2 actually, never had the chance to play them!

This is just weird. I was hoping they were already well under way for a next gen Saints Row.

They probably are. This is probably just a smaller side-team doing something to keep the franchise in people's mind while a bigger team works on the next mainline entry. Unless it has been confirmed otherwise, that's typically how these standalone expansions work.

Volition seems like a company where everyone just has fun.

No holds barred.

I'm sure their next game will be a game where you defeat dragons with power-metal, with the main-characters being played by Ron Perlman and Chris Rock.

Not to keen on the idea of only playing as Gat and Kenzie but it looks fun. Crazy how The series is capable of jumping the shark that already jumped the shark though.

Forsythia

I like how batshit crazy the games have become. Will glady buy this day 1.

I will skip the SR4 port, though, that's not really a game that needs a currentgen version imho.

Yazuka

Words cannot express how happy that would make me.

Same here. Me and my buddy loved SR2 and we feel like its just gone downhill from there. Sure I enjoyed SR3 and SR4 somewhat, but not the same extent.
But no matter what I say, even if SR5 turns out to be more in-line with SR4 I'm sure I'll buy it anyway. Just hoping they would ad 3-4player co-op then..

Shallwhat

Banned
I think that means that there will be a version of SR4 and the new expansion bundled together. I don't think that the Re-Elected version includes the new expansion.

Yea, kind of bummed. Read it the wrong way. Oh well. I'll pay $50 for all of that. I loved SR4.

Dinda

I'm disappointed. If they would at least update the Textures and assets before putting it on current gen (and also release it for PC) but looking at the trailer that doesn't seem to be the case.

Playing as Gat also isn't very appealing to me, since Character Customization is one of the best parts of the game, and even though i like Gat i thought they tried a bit to hard in SR IV with him, and this will only be more extreme here.

Well, knowing me i probably still buy it, but i hope they are really hard at work for SRV since this is what i really want.

Rembrandt

Banned
Same here. Me and my buddy loved SR2 and we feel like its just gone downhill from there I enjoyed SR3 and SR4 somewhat, but not the same extent.
But no matter what I say, even if SR5 turns out to be more in-line with SR4 I'm sure I'll buy it anyway. Just hoping they would ad 3-4player co-op then..

I'm surprised there still isn't 3-4 player co-op. But yeah, I end up buying them regardless, too. Just a shame they threw away that perfect balance they had with the second one. They jumped the shark and everything else they could find.

they're releasing the tools in parts, so first comes weapons, then clothing, then vehicles, etc.

I get that, but just having this a year after the game's release (and the SDK's announcement) is pretty damn lame. I'm not going to hop back on SRIV just for weapon reskins and maybe one or two with new functionality.

Dinda

I get that, but just having this a year after the game's release (and the SDK's announcement) is pretty damn lame. I'm not going to hop back on SRIV just for weapon reskins and maybe one or two with new functionality.

While i kind of agree with you i hope this is more of a test run for the real tools that will be released day and date with Saints Row 5.
The current game wasn't really fit for modding, So i hope they plan for it from the start for the next game.
Please be true.

Top Bottom