• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volition announces Saints Row Gat out of Hell (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360, $20, Jan 27, 2015)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awesome that they're making this stand alone. I loved SRIV but not sure I want to jump on on a remaster, especially with so many new games coming this fall and early next year. Will get Gat Out of Hell day 1 though.

Fjordson

Bleh. More garbage from this series.

I would love to see them completely ditch SR. Maybe they're doing this instead of Saints Row 5 because they're secretly developing a follow-up to Freespace 2. Could happen, right???

Will never happen =[

OmegaDL50

How long until they cancel this, and reannounce it as Saints Row 5 and change the price to full? Like they did with Enter the Dominatrix?

THQ going bankrupt and it's subsequent closing of doors had much to contribute to that. Do you honestly believe Volition actually planned for any of that to happen?

Did you expect them to just scrap the assets and work they did with Enter the Dominatrix when THQ went under? Come on now.

Man, if the real SRV keeps going in this wacky random direction, I'm not even sure I want it anymore. I just want SR 2.5. Can't I just have that?

Wasteman

Banned
Is it too much to ask for a decent, dynamic city ? Saints Row 2's city was was really good.

I don't mind the new crazy direction of Saints Row games but 3/4 had the most lifeless cities. There is no point have all these crazy powers to cause mass destruction if the playground is a piece of shit. Vice City/San Andreas had better cities, let alone IV and V.

saunderez

Hopefully this is them getting all the ridiculously over the top stuff out of their system so that Saints Row V can go back to the series roots and be a bit more grounded. I'm in, but I definitely want them to reboot the series because it doesn't even resemble the Saints Row series that I know and love anymore.

Hopefully this is them getting all the ridiculously over the top stuff out of their system so that Saints Row V can go back to the series roots and be a bit more grounded. I'm in, but I definitely want them to reboot the series because it doesn't even resemble the Saints Row series that I know and love anymore.

I wish they would split the series into two. That could satisfy everyone

Well I changed my mind after seeing the trailer, although not having the boss to play as will be tough. Looking forward to seeing the wedding.

Also thank you for not overcharging for a remaster.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I always enjoy Volitions games so I'll buy this and enjoy the hell out of it but I still do miss the really dark humour and the line they straddled with that in SR2. But then that's my sense of humour, 3 and 4 are good games but they just don't appeal to me in the same way that SR2 did and I don't find them as funny.

I guess with this standalone expansion I don't get to bitch about not having the cockney voice from 2 back since you aren't playing as the boss here :p

antitrop

Bleh. More garbage from this series.

I would love to see them completely ditch SR. Maybe they're doing this instead of Saints Row 5 because they're secretly developing a follow-up to Freespace 2. Could happen, right???

Will never happen =[

Well, if it comes down to making games between Red Faction or Saint's Row, I'm glad they're going with SR. I didn't think Guerilla was particularly all that good, let alone the even worse sequel that ruined the few good things that Guerilla had going for it.

Basketball

the best thing about this announcement is that this expansion is not called Saints Row 5

so don't give up hope

televator

This series man.... I love the way the game has to be described in the article. The more ridiculous it gets, the more I love it.

Yeah I think I'll pass entirely.

Enjoyed SR3 but it was IMO a definite step back after the brilliant SR2.
I finished SR4 recently and didn't really like it.

I can't deal with this anymore.

Ploid 3.0

Just watched the demonstration, I was left with my mouth and eyes wide open. It looks so fun. I love what I saw, everything looks very good so far, and it has very funny stuff in it.

Keep it up Volition.

Nvzman

How is $40 more than $50? I did mean, it should be no more than, but still.

SR4 Re-Elected alone is $30 (which is perfect pricing IMO).
Gat Out of Hell is $20.
Bundled together it is $50 for SR4 with all of the DLC + a brand new expansion pack.
Seems fair enough, really.

I approve of this development, and will be waiting with bated breath for anything further.

More Saints Row is always good, even though year after year I constantly say "There's no way in hell they'll top the last one."

Guri

I actually liked SR3 and 4 more than 1 and 2 (especially 4 with the super powers). I do wish they still use them in the future. It was really fun.

"I'm going to shoot satan in the face"

"I think it will be more complicated than that"

"I said in the face"

going to be fun seeing johnny gat take on the devil and to play as gat as well hehe.

Top Bottom